• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Well, These are the 3 most common renders (Especially the 1st one) we have seen that gives us an idea of what they can look like.

I also think looking at Donkey and Diddy Kong will give us an idea what they can possibly look in game as well, seeing how they also have Brown Fur, Beige skin and have a similar art style since (No Surprise) they were all created by Rare.
View attachment 168548View attachment 168549View attachment 168550
Second is more refined and fresh, but the third one is my favourite, screams more "Rare" to me with the googly eyes and goofy expressions.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm just saying. Fire Emblem seems to get a LOT of special treatment in this series. I just want Banjo-Kazooie in. If they get in, I'll never say another bad thing about Fire Emblem. I'm just sick of it constantly being promoted and shoved in my face.
Same here, While I'm going to sound biase since I'm a fan of Mario and Pokemon and not fire emblem, it's kind of annoying to see it's representation on par with Nintendo's biggest 1-2 punch, Mario and Pokemon leading the way for Smash makes sense because they are the biggest, most popular, best selling and iconic franchises in Nintendo's arsenal, While Fire Emblem has gained popularity over the years, it's not even in the same level of the Nintendo's top 2.

Side note: While I'm not really complaining now because we already got K. Rool and I'm pretty satisfied even though it took forever, But It always irritated me to see an iconic franchise like Donkey Kong (which is without a doubt a top 5 Nintendo franchise) barely get any recognition in Smash until now and get casted aside while fire emblem got more fighters and exposure.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Same here, While I am a fan of Mario and Pokemon, I'm not a fan of fire emblem and it's kind of annoying to see it's representation on par with Nintendo's biggest 1-2 punch, Mario and Pokemon leading the way for Smash makes sense because they are the biggest, most popular, best selling and iconic franchises in Nintendo's arsenal, While Fire Emblem has gained popularity over the years, it's not even in the same level of the Nintendo's top 2.

Side note: While I'm not really complaining now because we already got K. Rool and I'm pretty satisfied even though it took forever, But It always irritated me to see an iconic franchise like Donkey Kong (which is without a doubt a top 5 Nintendo franchise) barely get any recognition in Smash until now and get casted aside while fire emblem got more fighters and exposure.
That's my whole problem with Fire Emblem too. When did Fire Emblem gain the status of being on par with the likes of Mario, the Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon? All three of those series I get why their popular. I love them all! They were game changers (heh, no pun intended) in every generation they were in, they achieved worldwide popularity in their debuts, and their stories and concepts were universally simple and easy to understand and grasp. I have no damn clue what Fire Emblem is about. And I've tried, honestly I have, to look and see what makes people like the games. And the only answer I've managed to understand is it's a waifu simulator. Cuz the gameplay itself looks SUPER boring and repetitive. Run around a chessboard style map with red and blue areas, encounter bad guys, undergo a repetitive cutscene where if you're the stronger one, you'll plow right through them. That's my basic understanding of Fire Emblem in general. The 'story' is what I think grabs people, and by story, I mean the relationships you make with characters like Lucina or Camilla or whoever the **** is hot. The fact that this series has more reps than freaking Legend of Zelda is extremely annoying. I don't care if two of the seven reps are Echo Fighters, its still super annoying. But give me Banjo-Kazooie in this game and I will relent on my hate for this series.

I do not mind Fire Emblem, it has a strong history with Nintendo, but it is nice to see other series representation get fleshed out, like Animal Crossing and obviously DK. It seems like most of the annoyance/apathy towards FE in Smash stems from the fact that the fighters are similar in stature and build, plus the amount of clones. I wouldn't be surprised to see FE get another newcomer to be honest and wouldn't be against it if the newcomer can stand out from the crowd, so to speak.

Banjo, Dixie, Rayman, etc first though!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It really is annoying how Fire Emblem has more representation than frickin Zelda. I actually forgive the series primarily BECAUSE most are just echoes of one another, but still four characters is a lot for a B franchise

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't really hate Fire Emblem either, I just don't care or have no interest or desire in the series to play it and I don't really play RPG's either which is ironic because Pokemon (RPG) is probably my all time favorite video game franchise ,But that's because I love the bright and colorful world and atmosphere of Pokemon and raising powerful animals/monsters almost like pets and some are adorable others are badass and having them battle against each other I have always found so damn appealing.

I'm sure there is fun to be had with Fire emblem and it has it's fans ,I'm just not a fan of the whole world, setting and atmosphere of Fire emblem empire of a bunch of swordsman who look alike and all wear the same attire and capes fighting army's.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the crash totaku figure got a gold edition do you think banjo-kazooie & conker will get gold editions too ?

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I do not mind Fire Emblem, it has a strong history with Nintendo, but it is nice to see other series representation get fleshed out, like Animal Crossing and obviously DK. It seems like most of the annoyance/apathy towards FE in Smash stems from the fact that the fighters are similar in stature and build, plus the amount of clones. I wouldn't be surprised to see FE get another newcomer to be honest and wouldn't be against it if the newcomer can stand out from the crowd, so to speak.

Banjo, Dixie, Rayman, etc first though!
You. I like you. You have good taste.

But yeah, I'm not too fond of how FE is painted as this Mario-level worldwide sensation based on the number of reps. I've even seen a number of FE fans express their disdain for the characters chosen, either cuz' they're all swordfighters or out of sympathy for other series fanbases. That being said, I can't be super mad at it anymore, Not when a handful of characters I wanted made the cut.
They can have their anime swordsman for now, I got my fat monarch croc, ****** twins & tomboy princess.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I only wanted Camilla, but I know it will never happen.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
But give me Banjo-Kazooie in this game and I will relent on my hate for this series.
Same honestly, I remember watching the final Smash direct back in winter of 2015 and finding out that Corrin (yet another FE character) was announced, I was so unbelievably angry, like I almost wanted to stop watching the Direct I was so angry. Don't get me wrong At this point I also had my hopes up WAYYYY too high for Banjo and when I saw Bayonetta as the final newcomer I literally stopped watching the direct and just sat in Anger the rest of the night.

like are you kidding me? Another FE character and Fapbait material as characters over Banjo and Kazooie? man I was livid.

Looking back on it today, it was pretty silly for me to get that angry over new Smash content but overall I agree where you are coming from, Just give me Banjo- thats it, thats literally it and I would be content with Smash bros. forever.

You give me Banjo and I wouldn't give a Single F**k if they added Minecraft Steve.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434679174
New leak involving Banjo kazooie and someone else... This time they even have audio proof for the latter.
I don't I mean these 2 would mother****ing break the internet harder than Cloud, I want to believe but I think we'll just wait and see if his "smash direct in 2 weeks" leak is true

ReZaHydra

Smash Rookie
I have lived through three generations of gaming, even though I've only lived long enough to live through two. I've Played the N64 to death on three games. Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and the one I played most, Banjo-Tooie. When I look at the old, dusty N64 in it's cubby, I think about getting it out. Flashbacks to memories long past phase through my head. I've asked for King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie since brawl was announced, unable to comprehend why they weren't in Melee. I got my King, all I want now is my bear and bird.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Same here, While I'm going to sound biase since I'm a fan of Mario and Pokemon and not fire emblem, it's kind of annoying to see it's representation on par with Nintendo's biggest 1-2 punch, Mario and Pokemon leading the way for Smash makes sense because they are the biggest, most popular, best selling and iconic franchises in Nintendo's arsenal, While Fire Emblem has gained popularity over the years, it's not even in the same level of the Nintendo's top 2.

Well Zelda is treated even worse, i'd say. And i'd consider it Nintendos 2nd biggest IP. Still got the same three chars. Ganon as a Falcon clone, Zelda, Zelda in disguise and Link, three of them.

That's my whole problem with Fire Emblem too. When did Fire Emblem gain the status of being on par with the likes of Mario, the Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon? All three of those series I get why their popular. I love them all! They were game changers (heh, no pun intended) in every generation they were in, they achieved worldwide popularity in their debuts, and their stories and concepts were universally simple and easy to understand and grasp. I have no damn clue what Fire Emblem is about. And I've tried, honestly I have, to look and see what makes people like the games. And the only answer I've managed to understand is it's a waifu simulator. Cuz the gameplay itself looks SUPER boring and repetitive. Run around a chessboard style map with red and blue areas, encounter bad guys, undergo a repetitive cutscene where if you're the stronger one, you'll plow right through them. That's my basic understanding of Fire Emblem in general. The 'story' is what I think grabs people, and by story, I mean the relationships you make with characters like Lucina or Camilla or whoever the **** is hot. The fact that this series has more reps than freaking Legend of Zelda is extremely annoying. I don't care if two of the seven reps are Echo Fighters, its still super annoying. But give me Banjo-Kazooie in this game and I will relent on my hate for this series.
New FE is different than the older ones. The GBA Games, the Ike Games... that's where deep Stirys were told. Especially Ikes Games with their Racism Theme.
Also in terms of Gameplay, those Games were much harder than the newer ones. You really had to think over each step you're about to make twice.

But yeah i agree that it is overrepresented in Smash.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well Zelda is treated even worse, i'd say. And i'd consider it Nintendos 2nd biggest IP. Still got the same three chars. Ganon as a Falcon clone, Zelda, Zelda in disguise and Link, three of them.

New FE is different than the older ones. The GBA Games, the Ike Games... that's where deep Stirys were told. Especially Ikes Games with their Racism Theme.
Also in terms of Gameplay, those Games were much harder than the newer ones. You really had to think over each step you're about to make twice.

Thank you for explaining! I mainly want to know what makes those games so special so I can understand it better.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
New leak involving Banjo kazooie and someone else... This time they even have audio proof for the latter.
I don't I mean these 2 would mother****ing break the internet harder than Cloud, I want to believe but I think we'll just wait and see if his "smash direct in 2 weeks" leak is true
That roster would make me the happiest person in the world. Having one of my favorite franchises get a new rep with Dee and two of my favorite gaming franchises in general getting in with banjo and chief would be so awesome

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It would be, but that’s a lot.

Still I can’t help but feel a little good when a leak has Banjo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that leak is fake.

Character videos seem to be around 25 seconds, while that audio goes to 36; plus it has a realistic gun noise, and no gameplay sound. I'm also not sure about the player one icon; aren't the icons just one gray series logo or something, and the code gives it color?

Though any leak that gives B-K attention is nice. There was another leak on GameFaqs a while back, apparently, but it was just some guy claiming he had the Best Buy demo and get sound files out of it; the sounds he gave just sounded ripped from the N64 :S

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Finally cought up reading & man a lot of steve talk & we made it past page 100 ! Woooo!

I'm hyped for the banjo & conker figures & the banjo plush ! & a rare store ? hopefully more bear & bird merch !

GOD I hope we get banjo in smash this time as corin & bayo (cool as she was-cheating witch) where meh this game is HYPE ! & the final characters NEED to be HYPE! & that's banjo ! :D

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Oh, um, happy 4,100 posts Banjo-Roos! Did I already say that? I don’t know. Either way, congrats!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I would still rank Pokemon 2nd and Zelda a distant 3rd, Pokemon is a phenomenon and an absolute juggernaut of a video game franchise and can stand toe to toe with Mario sales wise in double digit millions. While Zelda is no slouch itself, But considering it got a 10 year start before Pokemon existed, Pokemon absolutely stomps on Zelda not just sales wise as franchise (about 3:1 ratio), But Pokemon is also the "Largest media franchise in the world" with the anime, movies, and merchandise as well such as cards, plushies, toys, clothing etc.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Screw it, I’ll bite.

It’ll probably be another fake in the end but I’ll believe it for the time being, it’s got Banjo and Bandy so I’m happy with it.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Ahh, I've been looking for this thread. I come from the Geno support thread! While I've never played a Banjo-Kazooie game (ever :0), I would LOVE to see these two make it into Smash, base or DLC! It would make a lot of his fans excited and very happy, and could possibly lead to a revival of the two as Smash does tend to do that time and time again. Y'all have my support, 100%!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ahh, I've been looking for this thread. I come from the Geno support thread! While I've never played a Banjo-Kazooie game (ever :0), I would LOVE to see these two make it into Smash, base or DLC! It would make a lot of his fans excited and very happy, and could possibly lead to a revival of the two as Smash does tend to do that time and time again. Y'all have my support, 100%!
Thanks :) I hope both get in. Everybody talks about the "trinity", but I feel like if we include all of the characters that have been wanted since Melee, it's more like the Fab 4--Ridley, King K Rool, Geno, and Banjo. I hope all of them get in this time. 2 in, 2 to go.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Thanks :) I hope both get in. Everybody talks about the "trinity", but I feel like if we include all of the characters that have been wanted since Melee, it's more like the Fab 4--Ridley, King K Rool, Geno, and Banjo. I hope all of them get in this time. 2 in, 2 to go.
The Fab Four! I like it! And very true. Hopefully the trinity gets in and the most people get what they want!

volbound1700

Smash Master

From a perspective of series representation, I don't think Sakurai just looks at characters. I think he looks at items, stages, etc. He probably assumes that Zelda has a lot of stages and other items which makes up for the smaller roster. Zelda series hurts itself because it rarely has characters outside of the three that appear in multiple titles. The surprise to me is no Impa since she would be an easy echo of Sheik and is in a multitude of Zelda titles.

I think Sakurai just focuses on how fun and iconic each character is to the game. FE has a lot of characters that are easy to implement in the Smash series.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac has been in demand since the Melee days too though.

Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie and Geno feel like the new "trinity" to me in terms of long term fan demand. (and they were top three in the Reddit poll so I think that shows how much people are gunning for them)

I know demand for Banjo & Kazooie has seemed kind of recent but that's because nobody had any hope until that tweet from Phil Spencer. That really lit a fire under people.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Isaac has been in demand since the Melee days too though.

Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie and Geno feel like the new "trinity" to me in terms of long term fan demand. (and they were top three in the Reddit poll so I think that shows how much people are gunning for them)

I know demand for Banjo & Kazooie has seemed kind of recent but that's because nobody had any hope until that tweet from Phil Spencer. That really lit a fire under people.
I agree. Isaac's still my main hope for a first party character from a new series--I feel like it shouldn't be just Inkling, and Isaac's at the top. And quite literally topping every character in certain polls. I'd definitely love all three of those being the new "trinity" (but hopefully we don't have to wait another game to add them all).

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I agree. Isaac's still my main hope for a first party character from a new series--I feel like it shouldn't be just Inkling, and Isaac's at the top. And quite literally topping every character in certain polls. I'd definitely love all three of those being the new "trinity" (but hopefully we don't have to wait another game to add them all).
Let's call them the Fab Five then! Ridley, King K. Rool, Issac, Geno, & Banjo-Kazooie! We can also go with the Sensational Six with Simon Belmont as well ^^

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
From a perspective of series representation, I don't think Sakurai just looks at characters. I think he looks at items, stages, etc. He probably assumes that Zelda has a lot of stages and other items which makes up for the smaller roster. Zelda series hurts itself because it rarely has characters outside of the three that appear in multiple titles. The surprise to me is no Impa since she would be an easy echo of Sheik and is in a multitude of Zelda titles.

I think Sakurai just focuses on how fun and iconic each character is to the game. FE has a lot of characters that are easy to implement in the Smash series.
That makes a bit more sense I guess. Legend of Zelda does have all their stages returning along with a brand new one for Breath of the Wild. Not to mention tons of items, the Heart Container, Bunny Hood, Deku Nut, Fairy Bottle, Gust Bellows, Bombchu, Beetle, and even the Cuccos! As long as the big characters get in before we get yet another Fire Emblem representative, namely Issac, Geno, & Banjo-Kazooie, I'll be happy.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Okay, how about the Exciting Eight! Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Issac, Simon Belmont, Geno, & Banjo-Kazooie!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
In Brawl we got 2 playable 3rd party characters for the 1st time Sake & Sonic

In Smash 4 We got 2 new playable 3rd parys in the base game Megaman & Pacman ! with Sonic returning & Ryu,Cloud & Bayo as DLC

In smash ultimate everybody is back & we got 2 new 3rd party characters from the same franchise with one being an echo ! so I feel if sakurai follows the trend of 2 new 3rd party characters in the base game we must see banjo !!!!

Top Bottom