• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well, These are the 3 most common renders (Especially the 1st one) we have seen that gives us an idea of what they can look like.

I also think looking at Donkey and Diddy Kong will give us an idea what they can possibly look in game as well, seeing how they also have Brown Fur, Beige skin and have a similar art style since (No Surprise) they were all created by Rare.
View attachment 168548View attachment 168549View attachment 168550
Honestly that second render is beautiful. It really captures the essence of how they would look in Ultimate.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It looks like almost everyone agrees that the 2nd one is the best of the 3, myself included
I love Kazooie's design in that one too.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
https://twitter.com/GenosPapa/status/1049230195536928768

Apparent leak showing what appears to be Incineroar's hand and Geno. Now, am I being paranoid or are thos Banjo and Kazooie being blasted away in the same image Geno appears??? I see something that kinda ressembles Kazooie's beak, if you guys see any other character please enlighten me.

It can also be a fake of course but damn do I wish this was real

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman

Apparent leak showing what appears to be Incineroar's hand and Geno. Now, am I being paranoid or are thos Banjo and Kazooie being blasted away in the same image Geno appears??? I see something that kinda ressembles Kazooie's beak, if you guys see any other character please enlighten me.

There's something about that Geno that makes me think it's not real....

That character blasted away I think it could be Ganondorf? I think it's too dark to be Banjo and Kazooie

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
There's something about that Geno that makes me think it's not real....

That character blasted away I think it could be Ganondorf? I think it's too dark to be Banjo and Kazooie
Yeah that Geno looks suspicious.

It may look dark due to the quality of the picture but what could that "beak" be? Ganondorf's arm or cape?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Pre-existing render for the Incineroar hand was found:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
That 'leak' had been debunked pretty fast.
And about that character blasted away, looks like K. Rool to me. I watched his gameplay yesterday and looks like the same pose.

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Welp, that was fast. Yeah it may have been King K Rool, anyways let's hope they announce a smash direct for this week and hope the box theory die quickly.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I'm pretty sure it's fake--Geno's render looks off, the stage looks like an exact copy of the 3DS stage with no enhancements, the numbers used in the 4chan post are off (it claims 72 characters, but with the 8 echoes claimed, that would make 73 characters), and to me the fonts look off, the syntax reads way too off to be anything official. As for the character being blasted away, I feel like it's too big/round to be Banjo & Kazooie. But even hypothesizing that the leak is true, and fixing the numbers to be consistent, some have surmised this means we would get 3 unique characters, 2 echoes. I think if we get that amount of characters, Banjo would be likely. Incineroar/SE Rep (Geno) from Verge, would need one more unique character (and if Microsoft's in, then it feels likely to be Banjo).

EDIT: As posted in the General thread, Geno mod has been found, so fake.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Mumbo looks more like a Kirby that ate Mumbo than Mumbo himself lmao.

The final colorized design looks pretty decetn, but I think the eyes need to bea little bigger and closer to eachother.

Otherwise it wouldve been interesting to see how the game wouldve been adapted to a show, even if it was a flop like the Rayman show it couldve been a neat piece of Banjo Kazooie history

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm hoping this all leads to something. Just some figurines/plushies aren't going to do it for me. I want to see them back in the limelight with some sort of game appearance, either in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a remaster/re-release of their games (especially on the Switch), or a brand new game altogether. I'm not gonna hold my breath for a brand new game but at least SOMETHING. Literally, if the only thing they ever put Banjo & Kazooie in again is Smash and nothing else, I'll be just fine with that, as much as I'd like to see them make a comeback. Smash Bros. is their best option to relive their glory days.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I gotta say, that is such great news! It is really warming to hear their name brought up so much lately. I remember the Smash 4 speculation days were never so kind to Banjo, in fact, I remember feeling really helpless for their inclusion (but still optimistic, like Geno and Isaac fans). But now, this is very different. Let's hope this could mean something.

It will never be Ultimate unless Banjo-Kazooie is in.

Period.

Of course, that isn't to say it won't be a damn good game, but there will always be that missing puzzle piece.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm never going to buy an Xbox console as long as I live, there's no single game that could ever justify it, so for me, the best case scenario is Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie remastered, using the classic chracter designs, and Threeie FINALLY on the way, with Switch versions announced. And of course, Banjo in Smash.

I gotta say, that is such great news! It is really warming to hear their name brought up so much lately. I remember the Smash 4 speculation days were never so kind to Banjo, in fact, I remember feeling really helpless for their inclusion (but still optimistic, like Geno and Isaac fans). But now, this is very different. Let's hope this could mean something.
Ridley and K. Rool really changed the game in terms of what people think is possible, at least that's what it felt like to me.

Last edited:

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
(POTENTIAL NEWS FOR BANJO IN SMASH !!!!!)
Well then here is some insight from a twitter user.
https://twitter.com/Jeff64DC/status/1049680315407630336

Lets hope and pray (if that is a thing you do)
I did not know Phil Spencer was currently in Japan "visiting studios and publishers". Verrry interesting.

Wasn't Pac-Man, a relatively well-known 3rd party character, revealed behind a closed-door event before releasing to the public later? And isn't the popular theory at current that the updated youtube playlist and removal of the "New" tag on the character list on the website indicative of a newcomer being revealed soon? Trying not to get my hopes too far up but these events are coinciding pretty closely to each other.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I did not know Phil Spencer was currently in Japan "visiting studios and publishers". Verrry interesting.

Wasn't Pac-Man, a relatively well-known 3rd party character, revealed behind a closed-door event before releasing to the public later? And isn't the popular theory at current that the updated youtube playlist and removal of the "New" tag on the character list on the website indicative of a newcomer being revealed soon? Trying not to get my hopes too far up but these events are coinciding pretty closely to each other.
While I hope it's Smash related, I honestly doubt it, The Xbox brand is irrelevant in Japan compared to Nintendo and a lesser extent Playstation, He's likely trying to gather 3rd party support there for the Next Xbox, I can see Phil Spencer tanking the Xbox One's final years to focus all his resources on the next Xbox launch and come out guns blazing with a lot of 1st party exclusives and 3rd party support, Likely why they announced all those studio acquisitions at E3 so they can focus on Xbox's future and stand toe to toe with Playstation's 1st party exclusives next generation.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Probably Phil went to talk with Platinum about Scalebound, eh.
Nah, he is in Japan for business, there are more developers than Nintendo.
Phil in Japan, then a meeting with Nintendo, then talk about Smash and then about Banjo-Kazooie. It's a big strech for us.
And now that I got some post here... Is there some kind of supporter list? I'll like to join.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
A great way to advertise a new xbox would be to put banjo in smash & have banjo threiee at launch line up of said xbox game (xbox can't all be about call of shooty games again)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=206XFPy8XuM

So apparently this Fire Emblem track is the next music post, so essentially "Music Theory" is officially dead. Now we just need to kill "Box Theory" (and by extension, "Card Theory")...
I'm really ****ed off about Fire Emblem once again having gotten something extra over everything else. Like, can they please stop pushing that franchise in our faces? If you like it, fine, but my goodness is it getting obnoxious. It's past obnoxious since Smash 4. I mean, you just had to have a new character with Chrom, and now you've broken the chain of music with every franchise before it having a single but unique and NEW piece of music to share with a song completely unaltered from its source material and one we've heard PLENTY of times already. You've long overstayed your welcome, Fire Emblem. And I swear to Sakurai if you get yet ANOTHER newcomer, an EIGHTH newcomer before freaking Banjo-Kazooie, I will never stop hating you and your series.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm really ****ed off about Fire Emblem once again having gotten something extra over everything else. Like, can they please stop pushing that franchise in our faces? If you like it, fine, but my goodness is it getting obnoxious. It's past obnoxious since Smash 4. I mean, you just had to have a new character with Chrom, and now you've broken the chain of music with every franchise before it having a single but unique and NEW piece of music to share with a song completely unaltered from its source material and one we've heard PLENTY of times already. You've long overstayed your welcome, Fire Emblem. And I swear to Sakurai if you get yet ANOTHER newcomer, an EIGHTH newcomer before freaking Banjo-Kazooie, I will never stop hating you and your series.
Jesus christ, man; calm down. It's just a piece of music; it's nothing to lose your head over.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Still nothing on the official website though.....hmmmmmmm
Actually, that music post IS on the site; it just hasn't appeared on the front page for some reason. When you go to the music section, it's there to listen to.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think Spencer's trip to Japan is just an extension of him trying to reach out to Japanese developers and publishers, as he had mentioned recently. It doesn't say that much about Banjo in the base game because--why would he be going this late in development?

But I feel like the evidence, however indirect, still gives me hope:
- Spencer acknowledged the possibility of Banjo in Smash in 2015, the same time as the ballot
- Most polls from that time show Banjo & Kazooie as highly popular, and we know from Sakurai's statements the ballot has informed some of the roster
- Rare/Microsoft has gone back to Banjo's N64 design--I can't see Microsoft doing that on their own, but I could see Sakurai going back to the N64 design
- Verge says Minecraft is in--I cannot see Sakurai going to a rival company without getting a character, Banjo most likely (depends on when talks began tho)

Everything seems to line up to me. Of course, I'm biased. And I've tried to be as critical as possible to avoid giving in to confirmation bias. But I feel like out of all characters being speculated, Banjo's one of the few who haven't been directly rumored that has all of that going for them. I still have low expectations given Sakurai's recent statements, but I hope there's still room for the bear and bird to come back home.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Jesus christ, man; calm down. It's just a piece of music; it's nothing to lose your head over.
I'm just saying. Fire Emblem seems to get a LOT of special treatment in this series. I just want Banjo-Kazooie in. If they get in, I'll never say another bad thing about Fire Emblem. I'm just sick of it constantly being promoted and shoved in my face.

Top Bottom