• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright. What's people's opinion on this whole Incenaroar/Ken thing?
Personally, on their own, I don't really care; I don't care much for Echo Fighters, and while I do like Incineroar, I don't recall him being incredibly popular among Pokemon fans, and considering Sun and Moon was released several months after the Ballot's initial announcement, I don't think he'd have a big showing on it. I bring these two factors up because, like I've said before, Smash Ultimate's newcomer roster seems based on Ballot results/general popularity, which are two factors that I don't think apply to Incineroar; I think people are only saying he's a "lock" because of Verge as well as the fact that because there's been a new Pokemon fighter in every Smash game until now. While that is true, the way Ultimate's been handling its roster feels very different from the previous games, so I feel it's not going to be following previous trends; instead, it seems to be focusing exclusively on pleasing fans. Also, I feel another factor influencing this is that stupid "Box Theory".

And after all that, while I wouldn't mind them in, I don't want them to be the final reveals for the game; that would probably be even more underwhelming for me than Corrin and Bayonetta (two characters that I didn't know anything about during their reveal) being the final characters for Smash 4. That being said, I'm kind of hoping that, if there IS a reveal coming next week, that those two are the ones revealed...and they AREN'T stated to be the last fighters, so that "Box Theory" (and by extension "Card Theory") can be put to rest once and for all.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As big as a Pokemon fan I am and while I did enjoy Pokemon Moon and the Alola region , The starters and their evolutions as a whole were my least favorite from the series, Rowlett, Litten and Popplio designs were solid, But wasn't a fan of their evolutions as a whole, I had a Lv 45 Popplio by the end of Pokemon Moon because of that and Mostly relied on my Toucannon, Togedemaru and Alolan Sandslash to carry my team most of the game.

Not going to complain if we do get Incineroar I can take him or leave him since the franchise already has plenty of representation in Smash ,Also Greninja was one of my mains in Smash Wii U and plan to keep it that way in Ultimate. Though I would have loved see Togedemaru as a playable fighter since he was my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon.(Yes I know he's a Poke Ball Assist)

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
um is THAT the plush we have all been waiting for ?

it looks like the 3rd place grunty plush prize at the end of gruntys fun furnace only its Banjo Kazooie & still has all its eyes

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
What is this....its kind of....cute?
I was lurking on 4chan and apparently this is the new Banjo-Kazooie plush. It's made by Innex, the same company that made all of these Stubbins plushies.

1538857801631.jpg

JonSmash

Smash Ace
why can't the company that makes those high qulity pokemon plushies make a banjo kazooie plush :/ awww well at least its cute, but don't seam like its a good sign for his chances in smash, the whole there hiding his new design for smash IS OUT THE WINDOW !

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Come on Rare, not like this. :urg:

View attachment 168493
My eyes !!! My Beautiful eyes !!!

I really hope this is not the one we have been waiting for, Don't like the design of these plushies, They try way too hard to be cute, I also hate how the dimensions of the head are the shape of a generic teddy bear and nothing shaped like Banjo's head.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I believe this is the official one Nintendo released back in 1998 and are pretty rare and expensive now. I want one just like this ,But improved on and modernized with their classic game look like Nintendo's and Pokemon's line of Plushies.
BK_Banjo_Kazooie_plush.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Come on Rare, not like this. :urg:

View attachment 168493
Rare has really ****ed up this 20th anniversary. Last time we got a game (a bad one, albeit), now we're getting merch and an interview supposedly about Banjo & Kazooie that was just to shill Sea of Thieves.

Makes me reeeeeeally hoping they held back due to something else special happening this year...

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Could be worse.
Could be one of those Funko POP figures, which save for the Cuphead ones I really do not like.

One more reason to hope for the Bear and Bird in Smash, which would mean Amiibo of probable above-average quality.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
My eyes !!! My Beautiful eyes !!!

I really hope this is not the one we have been waiting for, Don't like the design of these plushies, They try way too hard to be cute, I also hate how the dimensions of the head are the shape of a generic teddy bear and nothing shaped like Banjo's head.
Banjo does look like a generic teddy bear, a cute teddy bear but not the Banjo face we all know and love. And Kazooie, she just looks bad. From the cheap looking wings to her beak and the feathers on her head.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
That plush isn’t the GameStop one correct? Seems we are just getting more Banjo stuff out in the wild which is a great thing honestly.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I believe this is the official one Nintendo released back in 1998 and are pretty rare and expensive now. I want one just like this ,But improved on and modernized with their classic game look like Nintendo's and Pokemon's line of Plushies.
View attachment 168500
...I actually have one of those... The backpack straps are broken, though.

Last edited:

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 168500
Still got mine also but my dog got ahold of kazooie. So she became detached. I ended up making legs+tail feathers for her to make up with the forced separation. That way when she was out of the pack it didn’t look bad.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Still got mine also but my dog got ahold of kazooie. So she became detached. I ended up making legs+tail feathers for her to make up with the forced separation. That way when she was out of the pack it didn’t look bad.
Kazooie was probably talking a lot smack to to your dog and then finally snapped and then was like "All right you asked for it !!!"

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Welp, ive seen worse, but Im gonna stick with the Totaku figure for now.

And yknow, hopefully the Smash amiibo.
Seriously, Nintendo--you want money, I GOT IT. I never wanted amiibos as I never saw the point, but the prospect of a Banjo & Kazooie one actually made me think otherwise. And then I can't just get one, I need Mario, Link, Pokemon Trainer, Megaman, Pacman, etc. If Nintendo wants to take all my money, I got it ready.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I actually think the new plush is adorable. I want it. Beats the pants off the old ugly plush. I don't think you could really do a game-accurate Banjo doll that looks any good tbh.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Wait. Was that the new plush or the old plush? What does the new plushie look like?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Wait. Was that the new plush or the old plush? What does the new plushie look like?
The one I posted earlier is the official one Nintendo released back in '98, I was just saying that when they release the new plush we are expecting, I want them to make it look just like this one ,But with improvements and more along the lines of Nintendo's and Pokemon's line of Plushies.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
The one I posted earlier is the official one Nintendo released back in '98, I was just saying that when they release the new plush we are expecting, I want them to make it look just like this one ,But with improvements and more along the lines of Nintendo's and Pokemon's line of Plushies.
Ah! see.

I have a feeling it'll look much more chibi than Banjo-Kazooie's actual look. Which I am okay with.

When was the last time Microsoft and Phil said anything about Banjo being in Smash?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I actually think the new plush is adorable. I want it. Beats the pants off the old ugly plush. I don't think you could really do a game-accurate Banjo doll that looks any good tbh.
I'm the opposite on this, I hate how it goes for that chibi funko pop collectable look that every brand is trying to imitate these days and it looks like a generic teddy bear with a Banjo skin on it not to mention that tiny snout, Banjo's snout is supposed to be long with a big goofy nose and Kazooie looks janky with her cheap flat wings.

At least the '98 original one is faithful to their character renders and game design and actually looks pretty good considering it's 20 years old and plushie designs have come a long way and are much better made today to look how they are suppose to look.

Banjo-Kazooie is practically a Nintendo character and if Nintendo and Pokemon can make good looking plushies for most of their cast I don't see why the same can't be said for Banjo-Kazooie, Their designs are pretty simple and not overly complex.

Call me old school, But I like my plushies to look simple and faithful to the character's design and in game look.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
How do you think Banjo-Kazooie would look in Ultimate?
Well, These are the 3 most common renders (Especially the 1st one) we have seen that gives us an idea of what they can look like.

I also think looking at Donkey and Diddy Kong will give us an idea what they can possibly look in game as well, seeing how they also have Brown Fur, Beige skin and have a similar art style since (No Surprise) they were all created by Rare.
download.jpg
DmDQPQcVsAM1_8a.jpg
jSCYnPd.jpg

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Well, These are the 3 most common renders (Especially the 1st one) we have seen that gives us an idea of what they can look like.

I also think looking at Donkey and Diddy Kong will give us an idea what they can possibly look in game as well, seeing how they also have Brown Fur, Beige skin and have a similar art style since (No Surprise) they were all created by Rare.
View attachment 168548View attachment 168549View attachment 168550
...Why does Banjo have flat teeth?!? He's a bear!!!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Second render I think it's the best one yet
I agree, I still think the first one looks good too, But once I ran into the 2nd one I knew that was the best looking one, The Kazooie render looks better on the 2nd one too, Something about Banjo and especially Kazooie's eyes look a little off on the 1st one like their too big or something compared to the 2nd one. The 3rd render looks ok, But wasn't made as well as the other 2 and therefore is the weakest of the bunch.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Nope. Third one is the best.
I really like the style of the third one the best since it really captures the original Banjo and Kazooie design but updated. However, it looks a little bit too much like a painting in some respects.
Second seems like a mixture of their N64 and XBOX360 designs. I also like the texturing that makes it look more like a render. But I don't really like Nuts and Bolts designs at all and this one takes too much from those designs for me to clearly call it better.
The first one is honestly off model. The design looks like an off brand version of the characters. Not a fan of the texture work either.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Definitely 2, although I prefer 1 regarding Kazooie, it looks the most like her N64 design.

But the best Smash design for Banjo is hands down Sean Hick’s head portraits.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Sakurai will be able to capture Banjo and Kazooie personalities well? I hope he does them justice.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Do you think Sakurai will be able to capture Banjo and Kazooie personalities well? I hope he does them justice.
if there is something i never doubt is Sakurai's capabilities of making justice to a character.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
if there is something i never doubt is Sakurai's capabilities of making justice to a character.
He doesn't always get it right, but he has done a pretty good job so far. I'm just curious if he will do it right for them.

How would you even describe their personalities? Banjo is laid back while Kazooie is a sassy ass.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
He doesn't always get it right, but he has done a pretty good job so far. I'm just curious if he will do it right for them.

How would you even describe their personalities? Banjo is laid back while Kazooie is a sassy ***.
Pretty much, Banjo is lazy and laidback, But also kind, good natured and always wants to do the right thing.

Kazooie is loud, rude, snarky and an as***** in the most hilarious way and doesn't take sh*t from anyone, Even from bigger enemies and bosses.

I also like how Kazooie is likely the one to start beef with other bosses or enemies and drags Banjo into the fight.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
How do you think Banjo-Kazooie would look in Ultimate?
If Banjo & Kazooie are in Ultimate, I would think Sakurai chose to use their N64 design and Microsoft/Rare have been using their N64 design in their anniversary merch.

My guess it would be similar to this, with the type of fur Donkey Kong/Diddy have. With a character like Banjo & Kazooie, there's not much need to have artistic license--I'd assume it would be an HD version of their original models, with some flourishes with their fur and feathers.

Last edited:

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
With all do respects to Smashified, I honestly think the one they did for B&K is one of their worst.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
We can agree in that: Kazooie's feathers in her head is an improvement in her design.

And talking about that little figurine, I already pre-ordered one. Not perfect, but its about an amiibo size and seeing it from a distance could be enough. If they are not in Smash and then, amiibo, it could be one of the very few merchandise of them which I could get.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 168548View attachment 168549View attachment 168550
I really hope we get something like that 2nd render it's perfect

Top Bottom