• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Kinda wacky that Loz is hinting at Banjo-Kazooie for this Direct. I don't necessarily trust the guy but what else can the "Two Familiar Faces" mean other than BK? I dunno, I kinda hope he's legit now because not only will Banjo be in but it'll also kill the 103 total stage speculation, which means the door is open for Isaac and more unrepresented series in Ultimate. Let's hope!
The only legitimacy Loz has was early access to a direct, but even if he's legit about this 2 familiar faces could mean a lot of characters really.

I want Banjo more than literally anyone but I don't at all expect them to be revealed tomorrow. If they're in then they're the final reveal I think.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Actually if we're talking about a grandiose and kinda gaudy "Yep, it's them" trailer, I think this would be far more fitting.

...And I'm hoping Grunty talks through their trailer, like how Doc talked through Little Mac's trailer ( and then she introduces herself as a boss )

EDIT: On the topic of an N64 mini, I've wanted that for a while, but got fed up with waiting and bought a used N64 and an Everdrive 64 because I had been itching to play all the Rare titles that never got re-released, among other N64 games I never played before and games I didn't want to dig out my old Wii for;... but you know I'd still buy an N64 mini to keep my mini console collection going... I'd probably play it more than my actual N64 if it comes with any cool features like the borders, filters, or other things.
On the topic of remixes this is prob. one of my favorite banjo remixes I posted these two a while ago but who cares these are too awesome!

I think something like this would be cool for stage music at least.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
One of the things I'm looking forward to most for the N64 Classic Edition is playing N64 games in HD via an HDMI port, If we can get both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on there at the level of it's Rare Replay ports I would buy it Day 1.
Also it would be cool to play n64 games (and this is just a dream) in 60 fps!!! Lets cross our fingers and hope that happens!!!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So, two faces could mean Banjo Kazooie, Rex/Pyra, or Skull Kid in my book.
Rex/Pyra are admittedly not really possible due to the roster being decided in 2015. However DLC is very possible.

Skull Kid would make more sense considering Loz has been banging on about him for eons.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I think calling Skull Kids’s face/mask two faces is a real stretch.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Banjo has a good shot but I wonder if an N64 Classic announcement would have been leaked by now.

At least the Direct is now actually really happening... hopefully.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Aside from Yoshi's Crafted World nothing has been leaked and that was only due to the confusion from the earthquake. If there was an N64 mini in the direct I wouldn't be too surprised they kept it secret considering they are getting really good at being secretive.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
If Banjo & Kazooie get in tomorrow or whenever, I'm going to cry tears of joy and happiness.
If they're announced tomorrow i'll probably marathon both BK games, AND Diddy Kong Racing even though I just got done marathoning them in the spring. I'll be that hyped.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I feel banjo should have 3 jumps in smash since everyone can dubble jump in smash so banjo can jump 2X & the 3rd jump is kazooie flaping her wings like there dubble jump in there games

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think Banjo has a good shot but I wonder if an N64 Classic announcement would have been leaked by now.

At least the Direct is now actually really happening... hopefully.
Wasn't there a patent filed not too long ago? I seem to remember that being the indication we had for the SNES Mini before it was announced but I could be misremembering.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Kinda wacky that Loz is hinting at Banjo-Kazooie for this Direct. I don't necessarily trust the guy but what else can the "Two Familiar Faces" mean other than BK? I dunno, I kinda hope he's legit now because not only will Banjo be in but it'll also kill the 103 total stage speculation, which means the door is open for Isaac and more unrepresented series in Ultimate. Let's hope!
Here is the Loz18 leaks if anyone is interested
Coming out of lurking for a sec. I don't want people's hopes to get up, as mine did for a second. One of the problems with Loz18 moving to Discord is it's fairly easy for people to fake these. I would assume if this was actually on his Discord, his fans would be talking about it (or discrediting it, as they've done previously)--but I don't see it reaching anywhere. There's also wording in the text that reads fake. It would be a big deal if this was Loz, as I would definitely not predict B&K being in this Direct. If they were in, I would expect them being in the final Smash direct. So, this being true would make me do a complete 180 on Loz. Unfortunately, there's too many signs that says this is fake.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
“Familiar” is definitely the key word here as “two” can apply to any possible duo.

Geno & Mallow aren’t really familiar to anyone outside of those who grew up with SMRPG or the Smash community.

Rex & Pyra are anything but familiar since they are very recent characters.

They gotta be someone who’s well known and iconic not just to Nintendo fans but to the gaming community as well.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
They’re the only 3rd Party characters that can technically be considered Nintendo All-Stars it ain’t even funny.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's fake, LoZ on Discord is called skull kid I believe not LoZ so I don't believe it's real... I wish it was more than anything

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Also it would be cool to play n64 games (and this is just a dream) in 60 fps!!! Lets cross our fingers and hope that happens!!!
I would hope they can get Banjo-Tooie running on there very smoothly (maybe 60 FPS), as much as I love that game, it was pushing the N64 to it's limit and caused it to have a choppy framerate at times.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Check out these Banjo expressions from SeanHicksArt twitter.

GUH HUH.jpg

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
It's fake, LoZ on Discord is called skull kid I believe not LoZ so I don't believe it's real... I wish it was more than anything
Sounds like you say that based on previous images, right? On discord you can change your name at any time actually. Unless you're hearing that from people who are currently in that discord it's not really relevant. (Also they could check in general)

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Sounds like you say that based on previous images, right? On discord you can change your name at any time actually. Unless you're hearing that from people who are currently in that discord it's not really relevant. (Also they could check in general)

OK well by that logic then anyone can literally be saying that info in Discord... either way people that are in that very discord aren't talking about it. The guy mimmique who i follow on Twitter is in that discord channel and he hasn't said a word about it.. he tweeted past LoZ stuff before.. Its fake..

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't think they should have a multi jump (if I implied that I didn't mean to, it'd be too good of a recovery then).
I can see the hate for the wrench and the grab and up tilt can be replaced for something else easily, but I still stand for the idea of using it for their neutral air since it was actually an attack they used in Nuts and Bolts and I think one move being a reference to the game wouldn't be too bad of a thing.
Definitely not. They have 2 jumps in their games and they should have the same here.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Banjo gets a triple jump, but only if he does a Pack Whack attack in between the second and third jumps. /s

The move I always imagine when I think of Banjo in Smash is the Rat-a-Tat Rap aerial Kazooie peck attack, probably as a forward air. Funnily enough, when I imagined K. Rool it was also for some reason him doing a Dedede-esque neutral air, and that's pretty close to what actually happened, so hopefully this one comes true too.

anyone hearing about this new banjo kazooie leak? Im hearing some buzz, but i dont get what the leak is
loz18 hinted at "two familiar faces" being revealed tomorrow, and people's minds naturally went to Banjo and Kazooie. While loz18 was credible back in the June-July era of speculation, he's kind of fallen off since then and is considered by most to be speculating with the rest of us. My policy: if it isn't Vergeben, I wouldn't put stock in it.

Unless you're referring to something else.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would hope they can get Banjo-Tooie running on there very smoothly (maybe 60 FPS), as much as I love that game, it was pushing the N64 to it's limit and caused it to have a choppy framerate at times.
If we're correcting past limitations, can we take a look at the enemy respawn rate in later levels? That has to have been a memory issue because there's no way that Cloud Cookoo Land was supposed to have endless swathes of generic enemies in some segments and a near unpassable narrow bridge up top.

Banjo gets a triple jump, but only if he does a Pack Whack attack in between the second and third jumps. /s

The move I always imagine when I think of Banjo in Smash is the Rat-a-Tat Rap aerial Kazooie peck attack, probably as a forward air. Funnily enough, when I imagined K. Rool it was also for some reason him doing a Dedede-esque neutral air, and that's pretty close to what actually happened, so hopefully this one comes true too.
I'm cool with both of those, actually, though I would prefer if Pack Whack wasn't jump cancellable and just had good horizontal aerial mobility to replace that glitch.

Rat-a-Tat-Rap is simply a must for an aerial. Probably forward, since the Wing Whack pirouette would fit nicely as neutral but in either spot would be fine by me.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
All right everyone !!! There is another poll for the "Most Wanted Character Overall" going on right now and what better day then today's Nintendo Direct !!! We dominated and left everyone in the dust in the 3rd Party poll from a week or 2 ago, But now we face tougher competition, so let's show this site again that Banjo and Kazooie are a force to be reckon with and stand our ground !!!

https://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-character-poll.458393/

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
20 years ago today, I received Banjo-Kazooie as a gift on my 8th birthday. Though I was introduced to Banjo in Diddy Kong Racing before, I was fully introduced to the bear and bird duo. It was a whole new experience and this game became my childhood. Now I turn 28 today and I would be so happy if these two get confirmed for Smash. It would truly be a dream come true.
20180913_001622.jpg

20 years now
Where'd they go?
20 years
I don't know
I sit and wonder sometimes
Where they've gone

Geno Mario RPG

Smash Rookie
Hey! Came from Geno fans. Just want to wish you good luck for Banjo and Kazooie to get into Smash Ultimate. The Directs starts in a few hours, get ready and be excited!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
20 years ago today, I received Banjo-Kazooie as a gift on my 8th birthday. Though I was introduced to Banjo in Diddy Kong Racing before, I was fully introduced to the bear and bird duo. It was a whole new experience and this game became my childhood. Now I turn 28 today and I would be so happy if these two get confirmed for Smash. It would truly be a dream come true.
View attachment 163752
20 years now
Where'd they go?
20 years
I don't know
Where they've gone
Is that the same exact copy ? if so I'm impressed how well the cartridge label was taken care of, it's in excellent condition.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Hey from the Isaac page. Good luck today Banjo fans!

Edit: Terrible spelling. Lol

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
2;800 posts Banjo-Roos! Just in time for the Direct. Will we get to 2,900 before the direct launches?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Happy birthday BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 ! People with September birthdays are always the coolest(tomorrow for me!)! I also have Kazooie and Tooie on N64 in relatively good condition. And both of them on Xbox 360.

And hopefully both of them soon on the N64 Mini...

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
View attachment 163752
20 years now
Where'd they go?
20 years
I don't know
Where they've gone
Happy Birthday, good sir! Hopefully we'll see the bear and bird sooner rather than later ^^

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Alrighty BanjoRoos, here is to our bear and bird! Gonna try to be off of the web til the direct. They are soaring in, sooner or later!

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
the direct for me is midnight,i can't watch it because i have school tomorrow can someone send me the links so i can watch it without being spoiled

Top Bottom