• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
So if Banjo Kazooie did make it into Smash do you all think they would use N64 Banjo or Nuts and Bolts? I saw on the cover of rare replay they used Nuts and Bolts model.

andree123

Smash Ace
A tons of people missed that one video about Minecraft and Smash Bros, The user (who is recording this video) asked a PR lady (he was supposed to ask the Minecraft devs) and she replied that fans could suggest Steve to be a fighter in smash and after the recording, the Minecraft Devs actually had a small discussion about Steve in smash and thanked the user about it.
It may suggest that Mojang wasn't contracted by Nintendo about Minecraft content in Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A tons of people missed that one video about Minecraft and Smash Bros, The user (who is recording this video) asked a PR lady (he was supposed to ask the Minecraft devs) and she replied that fans could suggest Steve to be a fighter in smash and after the recording, the Minecraft Devs actually had a small discussion about Steve in smash and thanked the user about it.
It may suggest that Mojang wasn't contracted by Nintendo about Minecraft content in Smash.
Pretty sure we talked about this a while back, but this is an interesting development you brought up. That 5Chan "leak" is starting to look less credible by the minute.

In fact, I believe this happened right around the time Vergeben started popping up talking about the supposed Minecraft content in Smash. It’s already crazy to think that’s DLC was already being worked on way back in May/June, but if they apparently hadn’t even thought about it at this time, that pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of all these Steve rumors that have been floating around forever

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Killer Instinct and Battletoads would almost certainly get spirits or even mii costumes if Banjo got in. Both series have strong legacies and are even getting new games, so they could help advertise Microsoft products and be cool callbacks. Conker has a chance too, but I'd put him behind KI and the Toads. Also, we'd NEED a Mumbo outfit where his staff is a sword.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
In fact, I believe this happened right around the time Vergeben started popping up talking about the supposed Minecraft content in Smash. It’s already crazy to think that’s DLC was already being worked on way back in May/June, but if they apparently hadn’t even thought about it at this time, that pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of all these Steve rumors that have been floating around forever
None of the DLC save for Plant were worked on at the time. I doubt they were even selected then. This proves that Vergie-Burgie was spewing crap. He got Base game right, but I believe the smaller team on DLC makes leaks very very less likely. Unless he,Hitagi, or Xenother man up and show some concrete proof I won't believe a word from them. At least the Ken leaker had the balls to show solid proof.

Usually these things involve emails and official documents like an official NDA document against the company in question. Maybe concept arts or notes would be displayed for the team to use for modeling.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
None of the DLC save for Plant were worked on at the time. I doubt they were even selected then. This proves that Vergie-Burgie was spewing crap. He got Base game right, but I believe the smaller team on DLC makes leaks very very less likely. Unless he,Hitagi, or Xenother man up and show some concrete proof I won't believe a word from them. At least the Ken leaker had the balls to show solid proof.

Usually these things involve emails and official documents like an official NDA document against the company in question. Maybe concept arts or notes would be displayed for the team to use for modeling.
Yeah even as of now, Joker doesn't even have an official model/render to show despite being revealed with an animated trailer.

volbound1700

Smash Master
if Banjo and Kazooie make the cut , wich Rare characters would you like to see added as Mii costumes?

Conkers is the first one I would want , but I don't have much knowledge about Rare games. I was thinking about a Gruntilda costume , but a stage boss seem more appropriate. And we already have Ashley's costume and a witch hat
This may sound crazy but I think Masterchief would work as a Mii Gunner costume. I would buy him. I know it wouldn't be ideal but no Mii Costume is ideal in comparison to an actual character.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
I know this probably doesn't mean anything regarding Banjo's chances but I thought it would be nice to share. So I was at the Nintendo Holiday event for Smash Bros. and my friend thought it would be funny to ask one of the Nintendo employees when the default skin from Fortnite would be DLC and being an employee, he said "that would be cool" and then my friend tells him about the Minecraft rumors that were circling around at the time. But the weird thing was that the Nintendo employee said "I heard a rumor about Banjo-Kazooie being DLC."

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
But the weird thing was that the Nintendo employee said "I heard a rumor about Banjo-Kazooie being DLC."
I heard a rumor about Banjo-Kazooie too. We've all heard rumors about it. Many times.

My point is, a simple employee coordinating some event doesn't have any info. He probably heard the same stuff we all did.

User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
I know this probably doesn't mean anything regarding Banjo's chances but I thought it would be nice to share. So I was at the Nintendo Holiday event for Smash Bros. and my friend thought it would be funny to ask one of the Nintendo employees when the default skin from Fortnite would be DLC and being an employee, he said "that would be cool" and then my friend tells him about the Minecraft rumors that were circling around at the time. But the weird thing was that the Nintendo employee said "I heard a rumor about Banjo-Kazooie being DLC."
I don’t know how much this Nintendo employee would know about Smash DLC but it’s very interesting to hear that come from him

I heard a rumor about Banjo-Kazooie too. We've all heard rumors about it. Many times.

My point is, a simple employee coordinating some event doesn't have any info. He probably heard the same stuff we all did.
Are you a Nintendo employee?

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Killer Instinct and Battletoads would almost certainly get spirits or even mii costumes if Banjo got in. Both series have strong legacies and are even getting new games, so they could help advertise Microsoft products and be cool callbacks. Conker has a chance too, but I'd put him behind KI and the Toads. Also, we'd NEED a Mumbo outfit where his staff is a sword.
A Battletoads costume would be the only thing to get me to play as a mii. Though now that I think about it, if we ever got a 2nd Rare character, the Battletoads would be perfect.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I had heard that two code names associated with Fighter files were found. "Jack" and "Brave". Nothing more than that. "Jack" could be Joker, and while "Brave" could be Erdrick as recent rumor mills state, it doesn't seem very definitively anything.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm going in full force behind Banjo now. **** Square Enix so hard.

Come on Microsoft; it won't take you much to be better than SE. Just give us Banjo lmao.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Are you a Nintendo employee?
Sakurai has stated in interviews that he loved the reaction to the "E3 trailer" from the fans but also the Nintendo employee themselves, who had no info whatsoever. My point is, they keep the secrets from the Nintendo employees aswell.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Did something happen with leaks recently I've seen a lot of Geno fans up in arms..
There was apparently a data mine that was found to contain 3 code names.

Pakku
Jack
Brave

The first 2 easily refer to :ultpiranha: and Joker respectively but the third is a mystery.

The most common theory is that Brave refers to a character from Dragon Quest (specifically Erdrick) since the Japanese context (Yūsha) directly translates to “Hero”, the unique class of character Erdrick has in DQIII.

As for the Geno fans... I’m guessing they think it’s a hard deconfirmation since Square is focusing on everything but Geno. But as I’m not a Geno supporter (not against the character either), I can’t really answer this particular part.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
What's funny here is that this confirms nothing, yet all the Blockheads are declaring victory because a Dragon Quest rep lines up with a leak mentioning Steve. They give us crap for the Rare spirits, yet they are now creaming their Minecraft jammies about this. Freaken hypocrisy. Can't wait for it to be Agumon or someone else. Brave can mean anything here.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What's funny here is that this confirms nothing, yet all the Blockheads are declaring victory because a Dragon Quest rep lines up with a leak mentioning Steve. They give us crap for the Rare spirits, yet they are now creaming their Minecraft jammies about this. Freaken hypocrisy. Can't wait for it to be Agumon or someone else. Brave can mean anything here.
Funny thing is I read another guranteed to be false rumor that said, in addition to Joker and Erdrick, Tracer, Some Guy from Guilty Gear that I can’t remember the name of, and Leon S. Kennedy would be DLC.

However, I find the “Ryu, Steve, Doomguy” rumor more believeable (but even then I’m skeptical and ready to call it fake due to lack of real evidence).

Either way, I’m not giving up on the Bear and Bird yet. Only way they’re out is if DLC ends and there’s no sign of them.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
Either way, I’m not giving up on the Bear and Bird yet. Only way they’re out is if DLC ends and there’s no sign of them.
Unless a second season of DLC gets announced. But yeah, I'm not giving up on Banjo

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be fair, she gave a typical PR nonanswer, and isn't one of the higher-ups like Jeb (lead developer) nor Phil Spencer or whoever.

She can't just say nothing, plus she also acted like she was unsure what to say, like she was dodging something while encouraging the community to support Steve (she's a community manager, and gives community ideas and whatnot to Mojang).

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Again, with Joker not even being worked on to the point of not releasing a render/gameplay yet, can we really be confident in leaks that mention THE ENTIRE PLANNED DLC LINE-UP THEY MAY HAVE NOT STARTED ALL OF YET?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Again, with Joker not even being worked on to the point of not releasing a render/gameplay yet, can we really be confident in leaks that mention THE ENTIRE PLANNED DLC LINE-UP THEY MAY HAVE NOT STARTED ALL OF YET?
Yes because all the DLC is already planned.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Funny thing is I read another guranteed to be false rumor that said, in addition to Joker and Erdrick, Tracer, Some Guy from Guilty Gear that I can’t remember the name of, and Leon S. Kennedy would be DLC.

However, I find the “Ryu, Steve, Doomguy” rumor more believeable (but even then I’m skeptical and ready to call it fake due to lack of real evidence).

If anything, the only part out of any of this that's real is PP, Joker and Erdrick, everything else is just from fake leakers trying to bait people.

It feels like I'm the only one here who doesn't treat a character inclusion as an obstacle to another character, it really just gets the former character out of the latter character's way, since now people will notice the latter character more.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If Nintendo is making any effort to be secretive, then we'll get information in bits and pieces like with the base game. I wouldn't put much stock in any leak that has a lot of information, especially developer plans.
Yeah like, is there gonna be a lot of Nintendo people who know what the characters are? Even the datamine thing only refers to them in codenames.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If Nintendo is making any effort to be secretive, then we'll get information in bits and pieces like with the base game. I wouldn't put much stock in any leak that has a lot of information, especially developer plans.
The thing is someone out there does know the full list of DLC so yes there can be credible leaks with the full DLC details. That's not the issue. The issue is 200% of all leaks are full of crap so it's likely to be fake just based on averages.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, at this point, I'm taking any and all leaks/supposed datamines with a massive grain of salt. I want actual concrete confirmation from Nintendo and Sakurai.

I watched GameXplain’s video on it, and they seem to be almost entirely on Team Real on the whole “full dlc lineup” leak, due to how seemingly credible the leak is (which is hypocritical considering they didn’t give the grinch leak the time of day despite how insanely credible it seemed). And one of the things someone pointed out was that maybe whoever this leaker is does has some sources on the Sega/Atlus side of things, but is just guessing on everything else. GameXplain argues that it seems credible because they predicted the Granblue fighting game..... yet, hadn’t Hitagi already been talking about that for months? Nothing new there necessarily. People have speculating about Steve forever now thanks to Vergeben and Hitagi, as well as a Square Enix character, specifically Erdrick ever since that list of SE names leaked. And while Joker was a huge surprise, a lot of people did want him in the game. Could have just been a lucky guess, or like I said they may have actual Atlus sources and knew about Joker at the very least.

I just think this could be another Grinch type of situation. It has a lot going for it, but at the end of the day it may be completely fake

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I watched GameXplain’s video on it, and they seem to be almost entirely on Team Real on the whole “full dlc lineup” leak, due to how seemingly credible the leak is (which is hypocritical considering they didn’t give the grinch leak the time of day despite how insanely credible it seemed). And one of the things someone pointed out was that maybe whoever this leaker is does has some sources on the Sega/Atlus side of things, but is just guessing on everything else. GameXplain argues that it seems credible because they predicted the Granblue fighting game..... yet, hadn’t Hitagi already been talking about that for months? Nothing new there necessarily. People have speculating about Steve forever now thanks to Vergeben and Hitagi, as well as a Square Enix character, specifically Erdrick ever since that list of SE names leaked. And while Joker was a huge surprise, a lot of people did want him in the game. Could have just been a lucky guess, or like I said they may have actual Atlus sources and knew about Joker at the very least.

I just think this could be another Grinch type of situation. It has a lot going for it, but at the end of the day it may be completely fake
It’d be funny if this were fake after Gamexplain backed it with confidence.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I think Gamexplain NOT covering the grintch leak was a BIG reason why people beleved it LOL they dissmised it SO quickly & refused to even talk about it in any shape or form

I think Gamexplain NOT covering the grintch leak was a BIG reason why people beleved it LOL they dissmised it SO quickly & refused to even talk about it in any shape or form
No kidding haha. So it’s kinda frustrating seeing them jump so quickly onto this rumor and call it real

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Can someone link the leak. I would like to see it for myself. Please don't link those blowhards at GameXplain

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Nintendo employees won't be a good outlet for leaks because you have to remember that Smash Bros is being made primarily by Sora and Namco-Bandai off-site. It prevents a great wall between Nintendo and Smash. The US Division has an ever greater wall called the Pacific Ocean. They would only be called in to support the regionalization of the game. English is more common in Japan and technology is better so they may not even need to have the voice acting produced in the Americas anymore.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ok so I found the leak and there's nothing that makes the leak anymore credible than the leak that had Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Sylux, and Porky. So yeah nothing worth putting stock into yet. Surprising everyone forgot they leak though.

Last edited:
Ok so I found the leak and there's nothing that makes the leak anymore credible than the leak that had Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Sylux, and Porky. So yeah nothing worth putting stock into yet. Surprising everyone forgot they leak though.
I think what everybody’s latching onto with this leak is that it mentioned P5R and a Granblue fighting game before they were actually announced. But you could find the info online for those things with a little bit of research

Top Bottom