• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
They would've been removed from the code in the update if that were the case, but from what I'm told, they're still in... Might still just be future proofing.
Hey if future proofing's the case with the 30 additional character/alt slots in the data, there's at least the chance of characters/alts beyond the six DLC ones!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey if future proofing's the case with the 30 additional character/alt slots in the data, there's at least the chance of characters/alts beyond the six DLC ones!
29, not 30.

That being said, the leftover Rare game title data is one of the more niggling mysteries in regards to post-launch, while the Ender Dragon DLC boss claim immediately died. I get the feeling that former one won't be solved for quite a while.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think it's one of those things where if Banjo Kazooie or Rare Spirits don't surface, we might never really know why that's the case.

I think it's definitely possible we could get more than this Fighter's Pass, but I wouldn't assume that to be the case until it's announced. I remember a while back I thought I heard that they didn't want to do DLC at all, yet here we are. (I also don't have a source for that, so I could be wrong on that.)

Obviously, Smash is one of Nintendo's biggest cash cows, and I think continuing to release DLC over the next few years, like characters or stages, would only end up in a huge profit for them. If the Switch supposedly has a good 5 years left in its cycle, extending DLC to two or three season passes doesn't seem unreasonable. But again, until announced, I wouldn't assume that to be the case, just to be safe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's one of those things where if Banjo Kazooie or Rare Spirits don't surface, we might never really know why that's the case.

I think it's definitely possible we could get more than this Fighter's Pass, but I wouldn't assume that to be the case until it's announced. I remember a while back I thought I heard that they didn't want to do DLC at all, yet here we are. (I also don't have a source for that, so I could be wrong on that.)

Obviously, Smash is one of Nintendo's biggest cash cows, and I think continuing to release DLC over the next few years, like characters or stages, would only end up in a huge profit for them. If the Switch supposedly has a good 5 years left in its cycle, extending DLC to two or three season passes doesn't seem unreasonable. But again, until announced, I wouldn't assume that to be the case, just to be safe.
It's also been said on Game Informer's interview that a second pass depends on two things: fan demand and avoiding severe balancing issues like with Bayo.

In any case, they'd be remiss not to take advantage of the lifetime, seeing as now the game managed to sell really fast in Europe as well.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah, the only issue I see is Sakurai fairly wanting a break after developing Ultimate plus a year of DLC.
It's also been said on Game Informer's interview that a second pass depends on two things: fan demand and avoiding severe balancing issues like with Bayo.

In any case, they'd be remiss not to take advantage of the lifetime, seeing as now the game managed to sell really fast in Europe as well.
What Game Informer interview did they mention this??

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, the only issue I see is Sakurai fairly wanting a break after developing Ultimate plus a year of DLC.

What Game Informer interview did they mention this??
Oh wait it wasn't Game Informer, I can't find it anymore, but it was mentioned somewhere, I swear. :nervous:

That being said, Sakurai overworks like any other Japanese person, so he probably won't call it quits just yet, as long as he's able to make more people happy.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Banjo DLC.png

Just bought a Banjo & Kazooie figure! The Totaku one. It's pretty epic, hoping for Banjo to really make the DLC.

Out of all DLC characters I've really want now that Joker is present is; Banjo & Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot and Scorpion.
I think they all fit, and would represent history, icons and different pieces of gaming!

I've never played the games myself, but as N64 was the first console I owned, I've loved the character, and it's design. My bestfriend was obsessed with the series, and with Krystal of Star Fox, the two was his most wanted characters. Looking at what characters would seem unique, and fun for Smash Ultimate, I think Banjo & Kazooie fits a lot of those ideals. The story, legacy, and finally getting back to a Nintendo console would be fantastic for the duo!
I've never been so hyped, and hopeful for Banjo like I am now!!! :bobomb:

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, one week to go until Christmas...and then I can FINALLY play Smash Ultimate!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Christmas?

Sorry, Dec. 7 was a week ago.
Heh, that's pretty funny.

Here's the thing, though: my Switch is essentially a Christmas present from my family, and because of that, they're very adamant on it being off-limits until Christmas even though I know that it's there.

On the bright side, though, it was part of a special offer that featured Super Mario Odyssey at half-off, so I'll also be able to play that as well!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Heh, that's pretty funny.

Here's the thing, though: my Switch is essentially a Christmas present from my family, and because of that, they're very adamant on it being off-limits until Christmas even though I know that it's there.

On the bright side, though, it was part of a special offer that featured Super Mario Odyssey at half-off, so I'll also be able to play that as well!
Well than, you're in for a real treat on Christmas. ;)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well I was hoping to be celebrating Christmas playing as our beloved backpacking bear and bird duo in Smash, or at least being excited about their inclusion finally being announced, but that was sadly not the case this time around. I really hope next year we hear some good news about Banjo-Kazooie, whether its a new game, their inclusion in Smash, or even a remaster on the Switch (that would be amazing). This year would've been the perfect year to make a comeback, but I guess they're still hibernating over in the Rare Studios. I hope they wake up in Springtime... that said, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad, Happy Yuletide, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy New Year to all of you Banjo-Roos! Hope you enjoy Smash, and hope you take some time off in Freezeezy Peaks and Hailfire Peaks (Icy Side) scaling the giant snowman, sledding down the scarf and helping Boggy cough up his frozen Jiggy, helping the Twinklies get the Christmas tree lit up, getting Boggy's kids presents, and racing Boggy through the slaloms!

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I've been following this thread for a while and I'm glad I have a place to come to where people actually have good enough taste. Still, I enjoy lurking around 4 chan and triggering the hate mob simply by mentioning that more people want Banjo in smash over that non-character Steve.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think the wait for the last 3 DLC (and even the second one who is rumored to be Dragon Quest Hero, which I don't 100% believe, but wouldn't be upset at), will probably be well into 2019. Probably end of Spring or Summer. Best bet for all of us is to enjoy the game and the keep sending Banjo Kazooie good karma!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the wait for the last 3 DLC (and even the second one who is rumored to be Dragon Quest Hero, which I don't 100% believe, but wouldn't be upset at), will probably be well into 2019. Probably end of Spring or Summer. Best bet for all of us is to enjoy the game and the keep sending Banjo Kazooie good karma!
Yeah, like I've been saying, it's best to enjoy the game and not worry about the little stuff for now, until fans are in a position to try and encourage a second fighter pass.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
This might be a bit of a weird question, but I've been reading on twitter about issues regarding input lag, and I was wondering: does anyone here know if said issues are present in the portable mode? Or is it something with another control scheme?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This might be a bit of a weird question, but I've been reading on twitter about issues regarding input lag, and I was wondering: does anyone here know if said issues are present in the portable mode? Or is it something with another control scheme?
It's in general.. the buffer in this game is the worst its ever been in a Smash game. The input lag is there regardless of what control scheme you use.. it was really noticeable when I first played but now I'm getting used to it

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't notice any issues at all. Maybe it's because I've only ever played smash for fun and never competitively. In fact, the only multiplayer I ever do is with irl friends. I enjoy every moment I'm playing

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I thought the game was just slower at first, but yeah, I noticed the lag. I've played 99.99% in docked w/ gamecube controller and 0.01% in portable with joy cons, but I felt it on both. I've adapted and can even win against my serious Smasher friends, though.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
A little off topic. But I feel like I'm probably the only one in human existence who likes the polygonal graphics of 5th gen games, especially for the cartoony games. People like 8 bit graphics, but anytime I hear the PS1 or N64 games brought up, people always have to say how ugly they are, I think early 3D games have a certain charm to them. I think the 5th gen gets trashed too much in general.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
A little off topic. But I feel like I'm probably the only one in human existence who likes the polygonal graphics of 5th gen games, especially for the cartoony games. People like 8 bit graphics, but anytime I hear the PS1 or N64 games brought up, people always have to say how ugly they are, I think early 3D games have a certain charm to them. I think the 5th gen gets trashed too much in general.

I don't really dislike the polygonal graphics, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked HD / remastered textures more. Like the difference between original Spyro and Spyro Reignited.

But I always liked the N64 graphics growing up. So I can see where you're coming from!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't really dislike the polygonal graphics, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked HD / remastered textures more. Like the difference between original Spyro and Spyro Reignited.

But I always liked the N64 graphics growing up. So I can see where you're coming from!
I say its a matter of some games holding up better than others, especially if they leave a lot to the imagination.

And just about anything beats Bubsy 3D in that department.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I really like them actually, I’ve always admired the talent it took to make a person believe in such a blocky unrealistic world

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Considering what they had to work with back then the worlds hold a lot of charm to them. Still, if we are getting Banjo in smash bros then Spiral Mountain has to be the stage. I did see one suggestion that pitched a Rareware collage stage that shifted between various Rare games. I feel like that's asking a bit much, and I bet Sakurai would prefer to keep the stages relevant to the theme. I wouldn't mind a flowing stage that went through Sprial Mountain and a few of Grunty's worlds since they are all unique.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I always loved the PS1 and N64 graphics, I even wanted , to some length, have polygonal versions of action figures of some characters. Like for example i LOVED how luigi looked in Smash 64, lol, or Kafei in MM, or of course, Banjo Kazooie. Back then it wasn't possible but now 3D printers are a thing… I might get some made for myself if I ever find the way -clicking noises.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
PS1 was my first home console, so I have a soft spot for 5th gen graphics. I was kinda hoping they'd put 64 bit models in the game for all the characters, like the Mario 64 costume in Odyssey or the MGS1 Snake outfit in Phantom Pain. It would be perfect for Banjo and Kazooie to get their OG models in as costumes too, but that would have a 1% chance of happening even if they did get in.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
The N64 was my first ever console I received for Christmas 21 years ago. That seems like eons ago whoa.. I still think the graphics for both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie look really good for their time. Though why does the health icon in Banjo-Kazooie in the XBox version look so lifeless? It's like they got their soul sucked out when Microsoft got Rare. The health icon in the N64 is 100x more vibrant and expressive.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YpKhJi-UIg

"Kind of successfull at the time" ? so NO banjo kazooie HD remakes ? **** Craig Duncan ! THIS MAN NEEDS TO GO !!! he is holding rare BACK !

SEA OF THEIVES IS **** ! ITS A WAIST ! I HATE THIS MAN ! with this man at charge we will never get another banjo game unless its "diffrent" AKA like nuts & bolts

If this is how he feels i find it hard to beleve we will EVER get banjo in smash let alone remakes or another game :/

dlewis53

Smash Lord
If this is how he feels i find it hard to beleve we will EVER get banjo in smash let alone remakes or another game :/
Seriously, dude, you need to stop this. Everytime there's even the slightest that Banjo-Kazooie might not be in Smash Ultimate, you go off on a tirade and say that it'll never happen...despite there still being signs that their chances are still good. Again, we still have the remaining four (or three if the Dragon Quest rumors prove true) DLC slots to reveal, so until we go through them and Banjo-Kazooie still aren't there and there's no sign of a second Fighter Pass, then I'd appreciate it if you calm down and just wait to see what happens.

...All that said, I do at least agree that their reasoning for not at least re-making the original games was pretty damn stupid.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It is pretty cool that a Rare character (King K Rool) is dominating the Wuickplay scene. He is slowly replacing Little Mac as my new main (unless Mac gets some much needed buffs)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seriously, dude, you need to stop this. Everytime there's even the slightest that Banjo-Kazooie might not be in Smash Ultimate, you go off on a tirade and say that it'll never happen...despite there still being signs that their chances are still good. Again, we still have the remaining four (or three if the Dragon Quest rumors prove true) DLC slots to reveal, so until we go through them and Banjo-Kazooie still aren't there and there's no sign of a second Fighter Pass, then I'd appreciate it if you calm down and just wait to see what happens.

...All that said, I do at least agree that their reasoning for not at least re-making the original games was pretty damn stupid.
Let's not be too harsh on Jon, he's young, he'll learn.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
That reasoning from Craig is agreeably piss poor, I'd say it's on the level of Miyamoto's "F Zero needs a new control scheme for the modern era", which does get me riled up inside. Especially since after the buyout Rare put out Conker- Live and Reloaded on XBOX, the DKC Trilogy on GBA, Diddy Kong Racing DS on DS AND Rare Replay on XBOX One. Remakes and ports on SIX different occasions. Rare never was the company that started trends, but they were the company that put out the best of the best in a genre. Rare didn't invent the beat em up genre, the fighting genre, the 2D platformer genre, the 3D platformer genre, the racing game genre, or the FPS genre, but Battle Toads, Killer Instinct, DKC, Banjo, Diddy Kong Racing and Goldeneye were among the top dogs of their genres. To say it isn't "Rare" of them to just make a good sequel or remake is a PR lie and it upsets me to hear it. From what I played of SoT, it was alright, but not worth $40. Now I know for sure I won't actually purchase it. This isn't the end of the world, though, since Banjo can get outsourced like KI and Battletoads. Someone at Rare/Xbox just needs to get their **** together and find a company that wants to actually turn a profit and make that Banjo game.

Top Bottom