• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Being a part of the Kutthroats since it's early days pre Smash 4.. I can tell you :ultkrool: had a decent amount of hate pointed towards him. Back pre Smash 4 a lot of discussion in the old leaks and rumors thread was incredibly toxic towards K. Rool. Aside from the tired old argument of his relevancy there were people who just straight up hated him because of his "ugly design" or "unoriginal reptile king persona" there was a time when K. Rool supporters were laughed off the general thread right around the time of the big Smash 4 leak. Then when the Mii costume came out it turned into more jabbing at us because he was "only worth making into an outfit" and apparently we as fans "overestimated his popularity" then he got in and everyone acted like they advocated for him since forever.

The general ribbing and jabs werent anywhere near the page long debates and memes :ultridley: supporter's had to deal with but it was there... I haven't seen too much Banjo hate aside from people making fun of his status with MS as a dead franchise or the whole "Banjo fans are old people" jokes.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
If Nintendo really wanted to be crazy, which they might be what they're going for, they'd not only add Banjo-Kazooie but Master Chief as well. Imagine that kind of back to back reveal at E3.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If hate for Banjo-Kazooie is anything go by like from highly requested picks such as King K. Rool and Ridley that made it in, Then I say let them trash talk all they want. It doesn't change the fact that they are currently one of the most if not the most requested 3rd party characters which DLC looks to be leaning more towards.

Keep it coming.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Geno has gotten more hate recently and I'd say his chances are dead in the water, so your statement doesn't apply to every highly requested character on Smashboards.
Well clearly characters that get more attention through hate will make it easier for top people to notice them.

Not that it'll help Square-Enix characters that much, since legal structure still gets in the way...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another interesting piece of speculation has popped up, anybody seen this? Apparently the cloaking device is back in the game, but it seems to be hidden? It really seems like a lot of Rare content was hastily removed from the game, between this and the Blast Corps and JFG files

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/..._and_mysterious_item/?st=JPLJWV06&sh=09d69ae0
Reminds me about that spirit battle with Ness' father, in which Snake is invisible. Almost certainly an effect from this very item.

Hopefully this amounts to something...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'd like to think this means something, but I think it's just an effect that you can enable / CPU Spirit Matches can utilize. It's under the Special Smash options.

invis.jpg

I read through that Reddit post for the most part the other day, but it seems like only one or two people believed that the invisibility came from an item in a box. I'm not sure I buy it, honestly, but hey, who knows.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Maybe they were planning to redesign it to become a "Smash Bros" item, like how they redesigned the proximity mine from Goldeneye to the red mine, or the Ray Gun to look like a nerf/space gun, but didnt have time to properly implement it. Interesting find nevertheless.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Definitely interesting, I agree. I don't really understand the scenario though where people were stating that they opened the item box and then just accidentally grabbed something to become invisible? I wouldn't mind spending an hour or something doing a battle with items to test it out, but that series of events doesn't really make sense to me. But hey, I haven't tried it, I wo'nt pass judgment.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'd like to think this means something, but I think it's just an effect that you can enable / CPU Spirit Matches can utilize. It's under the Special Smash options.

View attachment 182779

I read through that Reddit post for the most part the other day, but it seems like only one or two people believed that the invisibility came from an item in a box. I'm not sure I buy it, honestly, but hey, who knows.
You could turn invisible in Smash 4 and Brawl's Special Smash too IIRC.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Sounds familiar, yeah. I'm more thrown a bit by the guy saying he broke open an item crate and grabbed what he believes to be the Cloaking Device and turning invisible, in a normal Smash match, haha.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a2wtma/guess_the_5_dlc_characters_and_i_will_award_you/

So, on a whim I went through R/smash for banjo references, and I find this thread with like,10 or so people predicting Joker from persona 5. Alot of those people also predicted Banjo, with lots of Banjo predictions in general.

But its nice seeing that a large portion of the joker predictors also predicted Banjo.
>all those people that want King Boo

345.png

This pleases me.

Also, FE joke suggestions are always good for a laugh.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Anyone else scared to buy the Banjo Totaku incase he gets into Ultimate and gets an amiibo? It looks great.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Anyone else scared to buy the Banjo Totaku incase he gets into Ultimate and gets an amiibo? It looks great.
you could buy both?

But the totaku banjo and kazooie have those weird dead eyes.

Dan

Smash Lord
you could buy both?

But the totaku banjo and kazooie have those weird dead eyes.
Ideally as a pseudo-minimalist there's no reason to own both; I guess the Totaku is a guaranteed N64 design, whereas a potential Smash appearance may resemble Sonic Racing/N&B more (I don't see why it would though, as MS isn't doing much with the character).

Eyes don't seem horrible (unless the promotional photo differs); just extremely grateful the figure is being made. First4 is also making a very expensive statue.

What do you guys think about the "Ultimate" troll of Young Conker as the MS rep? Honestly better than Steve.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ideally as a pseudo-minimalist there's no reason to own both; I guess the Totaku is a guaranteed N64 design, whereas a potential Smash appearance may resemble Sonic Racing/N&B more (I don't see why it would though, as MS isn't doing much with the character).

Eyes don't seem horrible (unless the promotional photo differs); just extremely grateful the figure is being made. First4 is also making a very expensive statue.

What do you guys think about the "Ultimate" troll of Young Conker as the MS rep? Honestly better than Steve.
Anything is better than Funko Pop eyes.

That said, I'd actually be more than fine with it, since I want to see Conker myself.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I would be very, very, very sad if we got young Conker over the classic one. Then again it would be just the type of watch the world burn situation that I would be spectating with a bowl of popcorn.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Didn't they can the whole young Conker thing? Pretty sure the Project Sparks design is just what Conker is from now on. or did Young Conker come after Project Spark? I don't quite remember.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
If Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, I don't think we'll find out until E3 next year, which would mean, we might not be seeing a Banjo-Kazooie Amiibo until like, 2020 (if Cloud's Amiibo was any indication, that thing took ages to arrive after he was announced). So the Totaku figure existing for a full year or more before an Amiibo shows up ain't a bad deal. We've had multiple Amiibo of the same characters show up in a shorter time frame than that.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Where can you get the Banjo figure?
I asked my local gamestop if they had one, they checked the back and sure enough they had it. Woulda asked if they had Conker too but needed the dough for buying christmas presents. ( besides, I would have preferred Conker without the cigar and helmet. )

If Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, I don't think we'll find out until E3 next year, which would mean, we might not be seeing a Banjo-Kazooie Amiibo until like, 2020 (if Cloud's Amiibo was any indication, that thing took ages to arrive after he was announced). So the Totaku figure existing for a full year or more before an Amiibo shows up ain't a bad deal. We've had multiple Amiibo of the same characters show up in a shorter time frame than that.
Assuming we get Banjo AND Steve, I could definitely see them doing a double announcement at E3 next year. That would be huge. Joker will probably be released around April or May, which would only be about a month off from E3, and the next character announcement(s) would be imminent

Fakol

Smash Cadet
Devil Third is apparently in the data too. Like Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps.

Yeah K Rool is fairly beloved, but it is true, if you go to the General Thread, people say Ewww Ridley and K Rool #imasocool
I think its a very small amount of people who are butthurt for whatever reason. I know that one particular poster who whines about K.Rool, when given the chance, holds some sort of grudge...cos a K.Rool fan said something he did not like. That's the way Smash speculation and to an extent the interwebz work sometimes. All it takes is one person to take offense at what one individual says, then extrapolate that into some massive faux outrage snowball to suit a narrative and push an agenda. Would not give it much thought.

To be honest people may be more apathetic to Banjo-Kazooie and just simply sick of hearing about them, but that is what needs to happen, you need to make a big enough splash to get noticed and get people talking. Sometimes any publicity is good publicity (within reason of course)

Devil Third is apparently in the data too. Like Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps.
I’ve heard this but I haven’t been able to find anything about it. Any sources? And yeah, that was a Wii U exclusive, so even if true it’s not really that significant

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I haven't seen anything about this before, but it looks like it was published by Nintendo? It doesn't seem as significant if a first party title is cut as it does a third party. But maybe text in a datamined file isn't subjected to legal / copyright issues? I'm still not 100% convinced that the Jet Force and Blast Corps text means anything in favor of Rare DLC, but it probably doesn't mean anything bad at least.

Top Bottom