• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
As for the character lists we've been talking about, I dunno, I really don't see Sylux making it. To a non-Metroid fan he seems incredibly boring, at least to me. He looks almost like a Fighting Polygon Figure from Melee, hah. Adeleine is cuteness and paint moves seem coolc but she doesn't seem surprising or anything. I think Sylux, Adeleine, Poochy, etc aren't Spirits simply because there has to be a cutoff somewhere.
In regards to characters missing like Sylux, I genuinely believe echoes are going to be free DLC, and Sylux would just be a free echo fighter included at some point.

Same goes for Porky, but instead as free boss DLC content, the game is pretty light on bosses that can apply to most characters right now, and I can see them adding in some in the future.

Spirits themselves can be endless, as can there be limitless potential for spirit battles, so I think they'll spread this out to also increase the lifespan of the game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In regards to characters missing like Sylux, I genuinely believe echoes are going to be free DLC, and Sylux would just be a free echo fighter included at some point.

Same goes for Porky, but instead as free boss DLC content, the game is pretty light on bosses that can apply to most characters right now, and I can see them adding in some in the future.

Spirits themselves can be endless, as can there be limitless potential for spirit battles, so I think they'll spread this out to also increase the lifespan of the game.
Samus already has a Echo which is Dark Samus, so who could Sylux be a Echo of? If he get's in, he's either a unique fighter or a spirit. Ridley was a boss back in Subspace Emissary too and now he's playable. If Ridley can make the jump from a boss to a playable character, than so can Porky.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think folks are missing the issue here. The Absolutely Safe Capsule is in the game as a Spirit. Porky is the only one who ever uses it, so, his chances are really ambiguous at the moment.

Not sure why Rayquaza wasn't considered as a boss, though.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think folks are missing the issue here. The Absolutely Safe Capsule is in the game as a Spirit. Porky is the only one who ever uses it, so, his chances are really ambiguous at the moment.
Yes, Porky is in the capsule. But if that deconfirmed him, then the spirit would have been listed as ''(Porky) Absolutely Safe Capsule'' It would have had his name listed in the spirit, but it didn't.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Samus already has a Echo which is Dark Samus, so who could Sylux be a Echo of? If he get's in, he's either a unique fighter or a spirit. Ridley was a boss back in Subspace Emissary too and now he's playable. If Ridley can make the jump from a boss to a playable character, than so can Porky.
I can't see them charging money for newcomers that arent big marquee names from either Nintendo or are Third Party, its just not gonna happen with them selling Sylux or Porky as fighters, theres already plenty of Earthbound music and stages as it is, theres no more to really add. It makes more sense to just re-add Porky as a boss packaged as free content.

Theres also like 4 echoes of Marth, so I can't see why you cant just have another Samus clone, especially if it ends up being free content, then its really nothing to have a problem with.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
It's just that Joker from Persona 5 is just on a whole other level of unexpected in how huge of a deal it is. It's no ordinary third party, it's near Cloud levels (though Joker is no icon like Cloud is, let's not get crazy here, but in terms of "how dey do dat?!" he's close enough). And with Reggie saying that every DLC character will be on that same sort of level (unless it's just PR fluff) I wouldn't expect characters like Sylux or Porky... But I sure as heck would say Banjo-Kazooie is on that level.

Then again, Fortnite, Angry Birds, and Minecraft Steve would be on that level too... Except for, well, most of the fanbase wouldn't be so happy about them, meanwhile the Smash audience loves Persona 5 (apparently).

StormC

Smash Hero
It's just that Joker from Persona 5 is just on a whole other level of unexpected in how huge of a deal it is. It's no ordinary third party, it's near Cloud levels (though Joker is no icon like Cloud is, let's not get crazy here, but in terms of "how dey do dat?!" he's close enough). And with Reggie saying that every DLC character will be on that same sort of level (unless it's just PR fluff) I wouldn't expect characters like Sylux or Porky... But I sure as heck would say Banjo-Kazooie is on that level.

Then again, Fortnite, Angry Birds, and Minecraft Steve would be on that level too... Except for, well, most of the fanbase wouldn't be so happy about them, meanwhile the Smash audience loves Persona 5 (apparently).
Persona 5 is aimed at an older audience than those games and the core Smash fanbase is people generally 15-35, which lines up with P5's demographic.

It's not a niche game but it's definitely targeting core gamers rather than mainstream audiences which is why Joker resonated as well as he did.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The key thing here to keep in mind of is unexpected, but for whom? The core Smash fanbase? The casual players? Both? No one really knows.

All we know is that they'll possibly be among the lesser expected picks, nothing saying whether it's all third parties or just a handful (especially if Nintendo still focuses on the companies that are onboard from the start, and still wants to advertise their own games). Every Nintendo-related character on the planet has some supporters for them, no matter how few.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

Not sure why Rayquaza wasn't considered as a boss, though.
Well third generation maybe isn't as important in marketing as it was at Brawl's time, though this is a game that brought Pichu and the like back into the spotlight.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I don't believe that a spirit means that a character can't get in as DLC, but I would genuinely be surprised if Sylux, Porky, Adeleine, Poochy makes it as DLC. They're all characters that I'm sure are important to their series, but to me they don't seem marketable. I don't dislike any of those characters and would be totally fine with any of them, and maybe if I was a bigger fan of their respective series I'd be rooting for them more, but they just don't seem like characters that Nintendo would want to include in a 5 Character DLC pass. *shrug*

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can't see them charging money for newcomers that arent big marquee names from either Nintendo or are Third Party, its just not gonna happen with them selling Sylux or Porky as fighters, theres already plenty of Earthbound music and stages as it is, theres no more to really add. It makes more sense to just re-add Porky as a boss packaged as free content.
I don't believe that a spirit means that a character can't get in as DLC, but I would genuinely be surprised if Sylux, Porky, Adeleine, Poochy makes it as DLC. They're all characters that I'm sure are important to their series, but to me they don't seem marketable. I don't dislike any of those characters and would be totally fine with any of them, and maybe if I was a bigger fan of their respective series I'd be rooting for them more, but they just don't seem like characters that Nintendo would want to include in a 5 Character DLC pass. *shrug*
If they can sell Corrin, they can sell Porky.

If they can sell Corrin, they can sell Porky.
Corrin was the main character of a new game in a popular & relevant series. The Mother series is rather obscure and hasn’t had a new game in over a decade

Agreed. Nothing against any of these characters, but we’re kidding ourselves if we think that any of them are important enough to come with a new stage, new music, and be sold for $5.99. They’re all perfect characters for the base roster, but no way as DLC.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
What people seem to forget with dlc is that each fighter also comes with a stage and several music tracks dedicated to said character. Thus having characters that already have related music and stages already in the base game (Porky, Poochy, etc) would not make sense.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
What people seem to forget with dlc is that each fighter also comes with a stage and several music tracks dedicated to said character. Thus having characters that already have related music and stages already in the base game (Porky, Poochy, etc) would not make sense.
I argue that Mother has more than enough stages/music for Porky

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
The main thing that blocks Porky at all is the fact that, as far as Itoi and Nintendo are concerned, the Mother series is over, so I assume they won't add any new characters out of respect for that.
I wasn't aware Wooly World wasn't in. I'm studying for finals rn so I haven't played the game yet. XD

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Except, Yoshi's Crafted World is on the way and is fresh for an original stage (especially since the Woolly World stage was removed)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Except, Yoshi's Crafted World is on the way and is fresh for an original stage (especially since the Woolly World stage was removed)
Crafted Yoshi is an alt on Yoshi though, so I dunno, I'm not sure that there's a good character that would sell it. Maybe they'll have some other kind of Stage DLC. *shrug*

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you guys have confidence in Banjo is infectious. I always saw him as a pipe dream of mine so just the thought that he could return to Nintendo for the best crossover in gaming history makes me buzzing. Count me in as a supporter!

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Seeing you guys have confidence in Banjo is infectious. I always saw him as a pipe dream of mine so just the thought that he could return to Nintendo for the best crossover in gaming history makes me buzzing. Count me in as a supporter!
I personally don't have confidence in him (he'd be too good to be true), but I'd hit the floor crying tears of joy if it does happen. Welcome though!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
man people on the japan times podcast chat are outright HATING on banjo kazooie ? just last week they were for him ? why all the banjo hate all of a sudden ? saw a few youtube & twitter comments hating on him too latly ? is hating banjo the in thing now ? usually when things get popular it gets mindless hate so IDK if this a good thing or a bad thing now ?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
man people on the japan times podcast chat are outright HATING on banjo kazooie ? just last week they were for him ? why all the banjo hate all of a sudden ? saw a few youtube & twitter comments hating on him too latly ? is hating banjo the in thing now ? usually when things get popular it gets mindless hate so IDK if this a good thing or a bad thing now ?
The more people hate a character, the more likely they become. :ultkrool::ultincineroar:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah K Rool is fairly beloved, but it is true, if you go to the General Thread, people say Ewww Ridley and K Rool #imasocool

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ridley had demand. Porky doesn't.

I think some characters like Ridley and K Rool and Banjo reach a point where the general forums get so sick of hearing about them that this hateful attitude develops towards them and suddenly they’re “never gonna happen” because they’re “irrelevant” and “only 30 year old man babies” want them. And yet they all eventually make it in

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think some characters like Ridley and K Rool and Banjo reach a point where the general forums get so sick of hearing about them that this hateful attitude develops towards them and suddenly they’re “never gonna happen” because they’re “irrelevant” and “only 30 year old man babies” want them. And yet they all eventually make it in
I can only wish picks like Captain Syrup and some of the lesser focused Kongs ever get that status someday, heh heh. :smash:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Corrin was the main character of a new game in a popular & relevant series. The Mother series is rather obscure and hasn’t had a new game in over a decade.
The main thing that blocks Porky at all is the fact that, as far as Itoi and Nintendo are concerned, the Mother series is over, so I assume they won't add any new characters out of respect for that.
Mother's 30th anniversary is coming up next year, and Mother 3 could potentially finally be localized and released in the west. Porky as DLC in Ultimate would be good promotion for that.

There's no rule that says that, Sakurai can do whatever he want's. People and Sakurai said Ridley was too big in Smash 4. And then comes Ultimate and BOOM he makes him a downscaled working playable character. People said we couldn't get a secondary 3rd party rep from the same series and then BOOM Sakurai put's Ken and Richter in Ultimate.

So strange they added Yooka Laylee before Banjo Kazooie, but I guess we can't be too picky.
:troll:
View attachment 182539
♪♪Ridley-K. Roolie!♪♪ ♪♪Ridley-K. Roolie!♪♪

Wait, did people really hate K. Rool before he added?
I don't recall seeing much hate for K. Rool either other than the typical youngsters that think relevancy is important.
There was hate for K. Rool before and after he was added. I've heard so many dumb people say he would just be a Bowser clone or looks too similar to Wart the frog or actually call him Wart.

Ridley had demand. Porky doesn't.
If that is the case, then Piranha Plant shouldn't be in the roster at all. Petey Piranha was a boss in Subspace Emissary and he's in Piranha Plant's Final Smash. Petey didn't get in as a fighter because he is really obscure compared to Piranha Plant who is a iconic Mario enemy. While Porky on the other hand isn't iconic either, he is the most iconic Mother villain and no other villain in that series would make more sense to be in Smash's roster than him. He is the co-antagonist of Mother 2/Earthbound and the main antagonist of Mother 3. He is basically the 3rd or 4th most important Mother character, so he deserves it.

I can only wish picks like Captain Syrup and some of the lesser focused Kongs ever get that status someday, heh heh. :smash:
I wish Goemon and Pig Ganon would get too that status someday.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The more people hate a character, the more likely they become. :ultkrool::ultincineroar:
Hate and apathy are very different kinds of opposing forces to love. Hate at least acknowledges the subject of its ire. In other words, "there's no such thing as bad publicity" — technically, there is, but even bad publicity gets your name out there, which can be enough of a good thing to outweigh the negativity of the publicity, depending on what you're aiming for and just how bad the bad publicity is.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mother's 30th anniversary is coming up next year, and Mother 3 could potentially finally be localized and released in the west. Porky as DLC in Ultimate would be good promotion for that.

There's no rule that says that, Sakurai can do whatever he want's. People and Sakurai said Ridley was too big in Smash 4. And then comes Ultimate and BOOM he makes him a downscaled working playable character. People said we couldn't get a secondary 3rd party rep from the same series and then BOOM Sakurai put's Ken and Richter in Ultimate.

♪♪Ridley-K. Roolie!♪♪ ♪♪Ridley-K. Roolie!♪♪

There was hate for K. Rool before and after he was added. I've heard so many dumb people say he would just be a Bowser clone or looks too similar to Wart the frog or actually call him Wart.

If that is the case, then Piranha Plant shouldn't be in the roster at all. Petey Piranha was a boss in Subspace Emissary and he's in Piranha Plant's Final Smash. Petey didn't get in as a fighter because he is really obscure compared to Piranha Plant who is a iconic Mario enemy. While Porky on the other hand isn't iconic either, he is the most iconic Mother villain and no other villain in that series would make more sense to be in Smash's roster than him. He is the co-antagonist of Mother 2/Earthbound and the main antagonist of Mother 3. He is basically the 3rd or 4th most important Mother character, so he deserves it.

I wish Goemon and Pig Ganon would get too that status someday.
Piranha Plant was a joke/wtf/surprise character, positioned as what is essentially a free pre order bonus. Fighter Pass DLC is clearly different.
Being the 3rd or 4th most important character in a long dead IP that was only ever niche to begin isn't 'deserving'. Porky is a literal who.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
So far my predictions for DLC are

Joker
Sora
Banjo
Crash/Monster Hunter/Rayman (each of these have a solid chance)
First Party Rep (I hope a kirby rep but possibly some other character from Arms or Xenoblade)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The extent of Banjo hating ive seen recently was just pretty much Steve ****posting on /v/ which is 99.999% of the time for laughs and people memeing on Banjo after Joker got announced, but that applied to all characters. Anyone got some especially good screencaps of banjohate they care to share?

Besides, people hated on :ultpacman::ultridley::ultkrool: before they got announced and look where they are now. If BK get in im sure at least half the people that hated on them will go "Oh no I was 100% for them all alomg, I was even betting on them being DLC too!" (Im not saying Banjo is the second coming of Christ, people can have their opinions, but some people really treat Smash like its a heated political debate and make enemies out of others for having a different view of a character)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The extent of Banjo hating ive seen recently was just pretty much Steve ****posting on /v/ which is 99.999% of the time for laughs and people memeing on Banjo after Joker got announced, but that applied to all characters. Anyone got some especially good screencaps of banjohate they care to share?

Besides, people hated on :ultpacman::ultridley::ultkrool: before they got announced and look where they are now. If BK get in im sure at least half the people that hated on them will go "Oh no I was 100% for them all alomg, I was even betting on them being DLC too!" (Im not saying Banjo is the second coming of Christ, people can have their opinions, but some people really treat Smash like its a heated political debate and make enemies out of others for having a different view of a character)
Meanwhile the moment the big reveal might happen, I'll be sitting here, thinking "sycophant sheep, the lot of them". I bet they reacted to the lack of Day One Ender Dragon boss fight patch by going "It w-was d-delayed, it'll come, y-you'll see!". It's too bad neutrality is such a rare breed.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Hey Banjo-Roos! I just made it to the Smash Elite today with my wicked Little Mac. Hoping to get my Banjo there someday soon too!

habibyo25

Smash Rookie

The funny thing is that I actually created an album of screencaps of the banjo hate that I've been seeing. If Banjo gets revealed for smash (I'm really hoping!) I'll post it because I think that'll be pretty funny (don't want to jinx anything of course). On another note, what is up with all the banjo hate? I do not understand why people want to bash others for just having hope in a smash character they want. I swear there was someone on gamefaqs that called banjo supporters "delusional banjobros" It's gotten really toxic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The funny thing is that I actually created an album of screencaps of the banjo hate that I've been seeing. If Banjo gets revealed for smash (I'm really hoping!) I'll post it because I think that'll be pretty funny (don't want to jinx anything of course). On another note, what is up with all the banjo hate? I do not understand why people want to bash others for just having hope in a smash character they want. I swear there was someone on gamefaqs that called banjo supporters "delusional banjobros" It's gotten really toxic.
Gamefaqs is always a cesspool, they also called Shantae fans horny. I bet those stupid kids did a riverdance the minute she was seen as a Spirit.

At this rate Banjo will get hated in the general as much as they hate Graizen for bringing up Agumon frequently.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Gamefaqs is always a cesspool, they also called Shantae fans horny. I bet those stupid kids did a riverdance the minute she was seen as a Spirit.

At this rate Banjo will get hated in the general as much as they hate Graizen for bringing up Agumon frequently.
You summoned me master

Top Bottom