• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

While I'm not too confident on a character DLC reveal at the game awards, I do think it's in their best interest to reveal the first character as soon as possible if they want to get Fighters Pass preorders. For me it's a no brainer, I bought it as soon as it was announced, but I love the series, have a decent job with a bit of spending money, etc. For people not as committed or not sure yet, nothing would sell the Pass more than a kick *** first reveal early on.
If they could reveal Breath of the Wild DLC and Bayo 3 at the Game Awards, I don’t think a Smash DLC reveal is out of the realm of possibility. They could play the trailer and then it could say “Spring 2019” which would obviously be sometime after Piranha Plant, probably around April. The timing would feel right, considering they have 5 characters to release over the course of the next year (and a little into 2020)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well it probably isn't Game and Watch tonight, that was supposed to be this past week.
Wuh, they completely skipped him over on the English side and didn't even give him a Memories article on the Japanese side?

Facepalm-Godzilla.jpg

Sometimes I wonder how these people even breathe.

If they could reveal Breath of the Wild DLC and Bayo 3 at the Game Awards, I don’t think a Smash DLC reveal is out of the realm of possibility. They could play the trailer and then it could say “Spring 2019” which would obviously be sometime after Piranha Plant, probably around April. The timing would feel right, considering they have 5 characters to release over the course of the next year (and a little into 2020)
Yeah, there ought to be plenty of time for announcements of some sort, the nominees don't have too much in terms of revealed games anyway.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wuh, they completely skipped him over on the English side and didn't even give him a Memories article on the Japanese side?

View attachment 181172

Sometimes I wonder how these people even breathe.
I think for G&W there's the whole feather in forward smash controversy that kept him off the blog. Didn't stop them from putting his blog post information in the weekly roundup on the Switch news feed.

D

Deleted member

I'm not putting any stock into what "leakers" are saying right now. Besides, their words are pretty meaningless when you read what they're saying. It's always "I haven't heard this or that, but I have heard some things, can't say anything of course. Don't twist my words, ok? But definitely trust me." Ok. Cool. Let's just wait for the DLC to be announced.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so avoid the general and Geno threads, got it.

I think for G&W there's the whole feather in forward smash controversy that kept him off the blog. Didn't stop them from putting his blog post information in the weekly roundup on the Switch news feed.
Right then. Not sure how much longer they can keep stalling, we're down to three characters left.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if you all love piranha plant you'll love DLC #1 generic sword user enemy from fire emblem ;P

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I kind of have to avoid the general thread, now, anyway. I made a big boo-boo there...
What happened? :( I've been ignoring that place until DLC happens and people start showing a iota of sense again.

if you all love piranha plant you'll love DLC #1 generic sword user enemy from fire emblem ;P
I dunno, some people still despise Corrin by principle due to how they're written in Fates.

Last edited:

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
It's hard for me to think of a good Banjo-Kazooie stage. The only area that centralizes everything and both Kazooie and Tooie is Spiral Mountain. And the songs that play in other areas of the games really don't fit when hearing them with Spiral Mountain. That's why I think Spiral Mountain should have 3 variations: day & night (works like Smashville) and stormy (alternates depending on RNG or holding L)

Music (Day):

Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie and Nuts & Bolts versions)
Grunty's Lair
Mumbo's Mountain
Treasure Trove Cove
Bubblegoop Swamp
Rusty Bucket Bay
Click Clock Wood (Spring, Autumn)
Grunty's Furnace Fun
Isle O' Hags
Jinjo Village
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
Grunty Industries
Cloud Cuckooland
Ancient Lake (Diddy Kong Racing)

(Night)
Several underwater variations of daytime tracks
Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Tooie version)
Clanker's Cavern
Freezeezy Peak
Mad Monster Mansion
Click Clock Wood (Autumn, Winter)
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Machine Room
Atlantis
Main Theme (Project: Dream) (lol i wish)
Frosty Village (Diddy Kong Racing)

(Stormy)
Various boss versions of day and night tracks
Wizpig race (Diddy Kong Racing)

I'm pretty sure this won't happen, but this is the best most fitting idea I can think of if they were to make a Banjo-Kazooie stage. Anyone got any feedback or other ideas?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's hard for me to think of a good Banjo-Kazooie stage. The only area that centralizes everything and both Kazooie and Tooie is Spiral Mountain. And the songs that play in other areas of the games really don't fit when hearing them with Spiral Mountain. That's why I think Spiral Mountain should have 3 variations: day & night (works like Smashville) and stormy (alternates depending on RNG or holding L)

Music (Day):

Grunty's Lair
Mumbo's Mountain
Treasure Trove Cove
Bubblegoop Swamp
Rusty Bucket Bay
Grunty's Furnace Fun
Isle O' Hags
Jinjo Village
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
Grunty Industries
Cloud Cuckooland

(Night)
Clanker's Cavern
Freezeezy Peak
Mad Monster Mansion
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Machine Room
Atlantis

(Stormy)

I'm pretty sure this won't happen, but this is the best most fitting idea I can think of if they were to make a Banjo-Kazooie stage. Anyone got any feedback or other ideas?
Yeah I can’t think of any other stage more fitting, what if Grunty occasionally appears as a stage boss diving in on her broomstick and shooting fireballs?

And to be fair, not every song in the game fits with the stages they’re featured on.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice

Music (Day):

Grunty's Lair
Mumbo's Mountain
Treasure Trove Cove
Bubblegoop Swamp
Rusty Bucket Bay
Grunty's Furnace Fun
Isle O' Hags
Jinjo Village
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
Grunty Industries
Cloud Cuckooland

(Night)
Clanker's Cavern
Freezeezy Peak
Mad Monster Mansion
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Machine Room
Atlantis

(Stormy)

Smash Bros often has 2 songs combined or medleys. Which do you think would go best when combined into one song? (Besides Click Clock Woods of course)
I think the Opening could pair with Spiral Mountain well. And Gruntilda's Lair could also be a huge medley of a bunch of stages. Isle o' Hags and Jinjo Village would probably work too. And then there's the in-game changes to music when you go to different areas within the same world, which would be criminal if not made use of.

I think theses songs would probably be used if BK are DLC:
Higher chance:
Intro remix
Spiral Mountain
Gruntilda's Lair medley
Mumbo's Mountain
Click Clock Woods
Gruntilda Battle
Isle of Hags medley

Lower chance:
Treasure Trove Cove
Gruntilda's Quiz
Mayahem Temple
Witchyworld
Grunty Industries
Cloud Cuckooland

Never ever:
Everything!

I put most Banjo Tooie music in the second category because I think there would be a much bigger emphasis on the first game.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Still like Grunty’s Tower or Click Clock Wood more.

Spirit Mountain is one of my least favorite areas in the game

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Something that's been gnawing at the back of my head since the last Direct is the fact that each of the DLC is confirmed to be coming with 1 new non-echo fighter character, a stage, and music. To me, personally, that means a new universe representation, third party reps being most likely. I would certainly hope if that's the case that Banjo & Kazooie would be at the top of that list, especially if that means bringing their own stage and music. The only other third party reps I personally would want to see as DLC would be Geno and Rayman. With Snake, Simon/Richter, Sonic, Bayonetta, Mega Man, Ryu/Ken, Pac-Man, Cloud, Geno, Rayman, and Banjo & Kazooie, that would be a substantial amount of third-party content without being overwhelming or disappointing. And other than Cloud and Bayonetta (originally since Bayonetta and even Cloud now have games coming on Nintendo consoles), all would have significant history with Nintendo.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Still like Grunty’s Tower or Click Clock Wood more.

Spirit Mountain is one of my least favorite areas in the game
Yeah but it's the most iconic, and only area prevalent in all three major Banjo games. In N&B the final battle takes place there too.

Something that's been gnawing at the back of my head since the last Direct is the fact that each of the DLC is confirmed to be coming with 1 new non-echo fighter character, a stage, and music. To me, personally, that means a new universe representation, third party reps being most likely. I would certainly hope if that's the case that Banjo & Kazooie would be at the top of that list, especially if that means bringing their own stage and music. The only other third party reps I personally would want to see as DLC would be Geno and Rayman. With Snake, Simon/Richter, Sonic, Bayonetta, Mega Man, Ryu/Ken, Pac-Man, Cloud, Geno, Rayman, and Banjo & Kazooie, that would be a substantial amount of third-party content without being overwhelming or disappointing. And other than Cloud and Bayonetta (originally since Bayonetta and even Cloud now have games coming on Nintendo consoles), all would have significant history with Nintendo.
I don't think it necessarily only means new universes. I mean having Dixie, say, with a Tropical Freeze stage and music is theoretically possible. Or a Gen 8 Pokemon with a stage based on the region from that game. There are examples where it'd work well and still feel entirely fresh.

But I tend to think at least 3 at a minimum will be 3rd Party. Mostly because there's basically no Nintendo characters that are interesting enough to feel special as DLC.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
As long as Banjo-Kazooie get in as DLC, I won't care who else gets in. They're literally the only newcomers I would truly care about.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As long as Banjo-Kazooie get in as DLC, I won't care who else gets in. They're literally the only newcomers I would truly care about.
I feel like with Banjo, they could make the other 4 sword weebs and I'd still think the DLC was a success. That's how much stock I put into them as characters.

But I still feel like Dixie is missing from the game, and there are plenty of other characters I do care about.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice

Music (Day):

Grunty's Lair
Mumbo's Mountain
Treasure Trove Cove
Bubblegoop Swamp
Rusty Bucket Bay
Grunty's Furnace Fun
Isle O' Hags
Jinjo Village
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
Grunty Industries
Cloud Cuckooland

(Night)
Clanker's Cavern
Freezeezy Peak
Mad Monster Mansion
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Machine Room
Atlantis

(Stormy)

Am I the only one that thinks Gruntilda's Lair would be a cool stage? It's the main area of the first game, you could have a moving stage maybe like Delfino, and then Gruntilda as a stage hazard. Plus you could have Codec or P. guidance with Gruntilda and her rhymes. Though Spiral Mountain is the most iconic so I don't know

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I think Mumbo's Mountain or Grunty's Lair would be pretty decent stages.
Spiral Mountain, Gruntilda's Lair, Mumbo's Mountain, Freezeezy Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, Click Clock Wood, Jiggywiggy's Temple, Mayahem Temple, Witchyworld, Terrydactyland, Grunty Industries, Hailfire Peaks, Cloud Cuckooland, even Banjoland from Nuts n' Bolts would be excellent home stages for Banjo & Kazooie.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've always loved Click Clock Woods but I think Spiral Mountain makes the most sense. Though, honestly, while being slightly iconic, Spiral Mountain isn't as exciting as the other worlds, so I dunno. I'll just be happy if Banjo-Kazooie make it as a playable character, stage doesn't matter so much to me.

The wait is hard, but the game is out in like 4 days, which is super exciting and will make the time pass quicker.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I've always loved Click Clock Woods but I think Spiral Mountain makes the most sense. Though, honestly, while being slightly iconic, Spiral Mountain isn't as exciting as the other worlds, so I dunno. I'll just be happy if Banjo-Kazooie make it as a playable character, stage doesn't matter so much to me.

The wait is hard, but the game is out in like 4 days, which is super exciting and will make the time pass quicker.
I can't get over how soon we are to having the game at last! And to think it only got announced back in March of this year! Got to give major props to Sakurai and his team for working so hard to get this game out as soon as possible for us. Christmas has definitely come early this year!

Last edited:

xenother

Smash Apprentice
Didn’t xeno and Hitagi step away from the leaking scene due to crutching on false information.
No. I just wanted to take a break for a few days because things devolved into highschool level drama and I'm really not here for that.
I still stand by the information that I shared 100%.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Nintendo has something planned for the Game Awards huh? if I see Sakurai walk up on Stage we all know what the f**k is gonna go down.

Better yet if I see Phil Spencer join him i'm already gonna start screaming.

But hey, a man can dream.

No. I just wanted to take a break for a few days because things devolved into highschool level drama and I'm really not here for that.
I still stand by the information that I shared 100%.
I mean, you’re pretty much asking for that by going online posing as a leaker. Having a condescending attitude doesn’t make you look any better

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I was just thinking... so.. if the Ender Dragon does get in, in the day one patch.. I wonder.. who's boss is he going to be?

It seems the classic mode is where a lot of these bosses show up.. I won't go into a lot of detail because I'm sure some people don't want spoilers but.. there are certain characters who appear to have special bosses those who don't have Master Hand or Crazy Hand or both. So who's classic mode would a Minecraft boss even appear in... what if the boss is added to the game but only to the code to be unlocked when a DLC character who is supposed to fight him comes along.

Don't get me wrong it could be at the end of any classic mode because from what I'm seeing some characters fight bosses that make no sense but it's still hard for me to imagine say for example: your playing through classic mode as DK and then the Ender Dragon is your final boss...makes me wonder.

Last edited:
I was just thinking... so.. if the Ender Dragon does get in, in the day one patch.. I wonder.. who's boss is he going to be?

It seems the classic mode is where a lot of these bosses show up.. I won't go into a lot of detail because I'm sure some people don't want spoilers but.. there are certain characters who appear to have special bosses those who don't have Master Hand or Crazy Hand or both. So who's classic mode would a Minecraft boss even appear in... what if the boss is added to the game but only to the code to be unlocked when a DLC character who is supposed to fight him comes along.

Don't get me wrong it could be at the end of any classic mode because from what I'm seeing some characters fight bosses that make no sense but it's still hard for me to imagine day for example: your playing through classic mode as DK and then the Ender Dragon is your final boss...makes me wonder.
Monster Hunter has a boss but no rep

Top Bottom