• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Let me clear, I both expect or do not expect, so basically I think it could go either way. However no matter what happens I won’t be disappointed with the final roster because we got K Rool!

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Hey all, friendly K. Rool supporter here. Now that I'm finally free to visit some other threads without feeling like a traitor, I wanted to stop by and say that Banjo & Kazooie are my next most-wanted newcomers. You have my support!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I think its a little suspicious that we have 6 empty squares in the stage select, but if Sakurai is being 100% honest about only 103 stages (I know, ONLY 103, thats an insane amount but im saying that like its nothing lmao), then we may have to wait for DLC for B-K. But, I am confident they have a good shot for the game in general. With K. Rool, Ridley, Chrom, etc, they are trying to pull all the stops. I could easily see the bear and bird being a shock final base or dlc character!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I honestly could see Banjo Kazooie being the final characters announced, to create home run buzz. I would also assume their presence to be leaked beforehand.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
I think its a little suspicious that we have 6 empty squares in the stage select, but if Sakurai is being 100% honest about only 103 stages (I know, ONLY 103, thats an insane amount but im saying that like its nothing lmao), then we may have to wait for DLC for B-K. But, I am confident they have a good shot for the game in general. With K. Rool, Ridley, Chrom, etc, they are trying to pull all the stops. I could easily see the bear and bird being a shock final base or dlc character!
I'm fairly certain there will be more than 103 stages, since there are 103 stages on the Smash Bros website right now, and the Monster Hunter stage from the Direct isn't on there yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep I'm going to hope for this

I think Banjo and kazooie might get the last base roster unique fighter trailer

Heck it might be a "heroes vs villian" thing that was going around (although k rool a trailer was probably that though)

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Imagine seeing Donkey, Diddy, and Dixie thinking they see Banjo Kazooie and are super happy, but then realize its just Duck Hunt. Then you know what happens.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain there will be more than 103 stages, since there are 103 stages on the Smash Bros website right now, and the Monster Hunter stage from the Direct isn't on there yet.
That's looking to be a boss arena rather than anything else. It's a very flat area that houses the Rathalos fight, and we've not seen any other form of it.

That being said, it's silly to believe that the stages suddenly end here 4 months out. Sakurai's known for doing a lot of things, but either blatantly disconfirming any new franchises or stages for new franchises is something that he would not do without explicitly saying so. The only reason people believe 103 is the end is because he mentioned a specific number as opposed to the 50+ with ATs and 800/900+ with songs.

They renamed Mute City to Mute City SNES, yet the Melee Mute City is not present. With all the other name changes, this should tell you there are more stages to come.

Imagine seeing Donkey, Diddy, and Dixie thinking they see Banjo Kazooie and are super happy, but then realize its just Duck Hunt. Then you know what happens.
Duck Hunt is by their very nature, a total troll so this makes way too much sense.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I don't know why, but I haven't posted here to pledge my support.
As you can see in my signature, I'd love to see B&K in the game.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yea, the six blank spaces on the select screen are pretty suspect. There's more stages coming, it's my personal belief that Banjo and Geno are amongst the last remaining newcomers, both will have accompanied stages alongside them. The Monster Hunter stage could have been in Final Destination mode. What else what it could be for?

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Well, now that the dust has settled on the Direct and K. Rool is in, B-K is my new #1 character. My childhood game trio is Kazooie, Tooie, and DK64, and DK64 got some much-appreciated love with K. Rool (and his Final Smash in particular). While I wouldn't be as devastated at their exclusion as I would have been K. Rool, they are the only character left that would make me lose my **** the way Ridley and K. Rool did.

Their biggest hurdle right now is the stage issue. Specifically calling out that there's exactly 100(+3) makes it seem like the final stage roster. I suspect the Monster Hunter stage is for the Adventure/Story Mode, and the black space is literally just black space. I hope no one forgot the ESRB leak of the 3DS character select and its empty black spaces.

However, that being said, it's entirely possible we could get a new character, even a third-party one, without an accompanying stage. I think the best thing they have going for them right now is Verg and the Minecraft content. As long as said Minecraft content is not a character, that bodes well for Banjo due to that confirming being deals with Microsoft.

I'd give the bear and bird about 25-30% odds right now, but it would be 40-45% without the stage thing. Even though they might not make the base roster, I think they're a very solid DLC candidate. Ultimate has been a fanservice-fest thus far, and I think DLC, if/when it eventually happens, will continue that trend.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
N64 classic project.jpg
N64 classic project.jpg

This Is my hopes for an N64 classic 3 different versions (B/C if they don't do it this way we will only get 9 or 10 games on a N64 classic since N64 VC games price at 10$)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Well, now that the dust has settled on the Direct and K. Rool is in, B-K is my new #1 character. My childhood game trio is Kazooie, Tooie, and DK64, and DK64 got some much-appreciated love with K. Rool (and his Final Smash in particular). While I wouldn't be as devastated at their exclusion as I would have been K. Rool, they are the only character left that would make me lose my **** the way Ridley and K. Rool did.

Their biggest hurdle right now is the stage issue. Specifically calling out that there's exactly 100(+3) makes it seem like the final stage roster. I suspect the Monster Hunter stage is for the Adventure/Story Mode, and the black space is literally just black space. I hope no one forgot the ESRB leak of the 3DS character select and its empty black spaces.

However, that being said, it's entirely possible we could get a new character, even a third-party one, without an accompanying stage. I think the best thing they have going for them right now is Verg and the Minecraft content. As long as said Minecraft content is not a character, that bodes well for Banjo due to that confirming being deals with Microsoft.

I'd give the bear and bird about 25-30% odds right now, but it would be 40-45% without the stage thing. Even though they might not make the base roster, I think they're a very solid DLC candidate. Ultimate has been a fanservice-fest thus far, and I think DLC, if/when it eventually happens, will continue that trend.
Is a specific call-out really that big of a deal to people? We don't know why Sakurai set that up the way he did. He could've just wanted to talk about how they had broken the 100 mark. It could just be an innocent indication of what they have so far since he never explicitly stated it was a "final" total. People are only assuming it is based off a pattern of two. Wouldn't he have explicitly stated "no more stages" if he wanted to make that known?

I'm not going to suggest that's flawless reasoning, but it's still four months out. You'd essentially be disconfirming so many potential characters right there and then in a matter that's very unconventional. Again, Mute City SNES was renamed but the Melee Mute City is supposedly not in the game so why bother with the distinction like with every other stage that has a duplicate name?

I don't mean to sound irritated or insistent that more stages are a guarantee. It just feels like we're jumping to conclusions too quickly.

TriMaxTime

Smash Cadet
Body? Chicago; Mind? Somewhere off in the distance
NNID
WiiUMax
3DS FC
0602-6382-0071
Switch FC
2417-1622-0716
I’d love Banjo-Kazooie in Smash! They’d be a perfect fit, and long since overdue. If the rumors about Microsoft working with Nintendo for Smash are true, then I feel like Banjo in Smash would be the first thing Sakurai would want. I could see a Creeper Assist Trophy too.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I still think we're going to get a MH stage... makes sense with how big the series is with Nintendo. I think the whole part with the number of stages is subject to change. It's like how Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers and we had 5 announced yesterday. Echoes or not theyre still seperate characters.. at this point I don't take everything Sakurai says too literally because he always over produces.

StormC

Smash Hero
After K. Rool, my desire - and the chances - of Banjo in this game skyrocketed. He's now my most wanted.

If K. Rool isn't the last reveal... it can only be them IMO. I can't wait for the Rare crew to be reunited.

Last edited:

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Kazooie and Tooie were some of my favorite games as a kid, and probably still are, now. If any third-party character were to get in--possibly any character in general--I'd hope for the Bear and Bird. Without fretting too much about their chances, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and support them.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Hey anyone think about an banjo echo? I mean Simon gets one. might as well try and double dip the Microsoft Dip if you can.

Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers
I take that as in unique fighters not echos

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I just realized, if Banjo Kazooie makes it into the base game, we could get Grunty as DLC!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
To clarify, I'm still hopeful in more stages. I'm just cautious that he specifically pointed out 100 exactly, which is a bit of weird thing to do if you were adding more later anyway, but you never know with Sakurai.

Dixie Kong Dixie Kong I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think we're getting second reps from third-parties that aren't Echoes. And unfortunately there's no character who could echo the duo (except Yooka-Laylee lol, but that ain't happening). But Banjo ATs are very possible if they get in - I'm thinking Mumbo or Gruntilda are the best candidates for that. Or, if we get a Spiral Mountain stage, maybe Gruntilda as a hazard.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
To clarify, I'm still hopeful in more stages. I'm just cautious that he specifically pointed out 100 exactly, which is a bit of weird thing to do if you were adding more later anyway, but you never know with Sakurai.

Dixie Kong Dixie Kong I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think we're getting second reps from third-parties that aren't Echoes. And unfortunately there's no character who could echo the duo (except Yooka-Laylee lol, but that ain't happening). But Banjo ATs are very possible if they get in - I'm thinking Mumbo or Gruntilda are the best candidates for that. Or, if we get a Spiral Mountain stage, maybe Gruntilda as a hazard.
How about Master Chief as a second rep? Both great characters, you could argue Banjo is a Rare rep instead of a Microsoft rep

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Count me in as a supporter!

Strangely enough, despite growing up with both of the main games as a kid, I never really wanted them for Smash that much because I always thought they were outright impossible thanks to Microsoft and anyone that asked for them was absolutely kidding themselves, even though Phil Spencer is perfectly fine with having them in Smash. (And even want them in himself IIRC)

But thanks to K.Rool’s inclusion, I’m honestly starting to feel a bit hopeful for them to show up, if Sakurai can acknowledge the demand of a forgotten Rare created character then I think Banjo and Kazooie actually have a decent shot this time.

Gregg Mayles on Twitter was shocked to see K.Rool coming to Ultimate, imagine how he would feel seeing Banjo-Kazooie in there at last.

So yeah, I feel dumb for not supporting them up til now but I’m beginning root for them since we had plenty of long awaited and iconic characters return in Smash. (Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud etc)

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Count me in as a supporter as well! Knowing that their might a full chance for a RareWare reunion happening in Smash Ultimate with K. Rool being included in the game (All we need is Dixie, Banjo, Kazooie, along with possibly a Battletoad rep, A Killer Instinct Rep, and possibly Conker and we'll be set)!

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893

A Mumbo Assist Trophy would be fantastic! I'm imagining him either granting the player who summoned him random item-based powers (metal body, spicy curry, bunny hood, etc.) or, more interestingly, temporarily turning fighters into other fighters (ie, King K. Rool randomly turns into Doctor Mario for twenty seconds and then turns back). After seeing the Stage Morph feature and Ditto's transformation into an Inkling during the Direct, I feel like this is more than possible, and I really want to see it happen.

The idea of a Grunty AT, on the other hand, doesn't really get me as excited. I feel like her greatest (and most iconic) characteristic is her tendency to taunt the player throughout the entire game, so I feel like her AT would have to rely heavily on dialogue, which would make her too similar to the Resetti AT. (She could always show up and throw fireballs or cast spells or something, but I feel like that would be too generic for her.)

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Personally I would love for Klungo to be an AT, he digs up dead Gruntilda who then blasts a fireball that instant K.O.'s someone. It's complicated but man would it be funny.

But seriously Mumbo Jumbo makes the most sense. Plus Mumbo is the next most recognized character next to Banjo.

I think my biggest question is what will Banjo look like if he gets in. Will he be based on his classic Rare look or his new more angular design.. personally I'd hope they update his old design but I feel like theyd go for a K. Rool approach and fuse his modern look with his classic look.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It is so heartwarming seeing so many K. Rool supporters get the character they wanted most get in and now crossover to our support thread! Thank you all so much! It gives me so much hope seeing Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon Belmont getting in. If they don’t, I’m hoping I’ll still be happy with what we have, but it would be a tremendous waste to not jump on the opportunity to have the Bear and Bird return for this incredible occasion.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It is so heartwarming seeing so many K. Rool supporters get the character they wanted most get in and now crossover to our support thread! Thank you all so much! It gives me so much hope seeing Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon Belmont getting in. If they don’t, I’m hoping I’ll still be happy with what we have, but it would be a tremendous waste to not jump on the opportunity to have the Bear and Bird return for this incredible occasion.
They've been super supportive over in the Isaac thread as well. I'm glad to see even when people get their favorites, they're willing to go for another ride on the support train. It's comforting to know that if there's ever a DLC push needed, they have our backs.

That being said, now that we know Ridley and K. Rool have already been shown so gloriously, I can't quite give up the idea of them being in the base game anymore. We all know the last set of reveals has to be big, and if B&K are in, that's the time to show them. Aside from long shots like Sora or Master Chief, B&K are the only ones that could match Ridley and K. Rool's hype. Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, etc. couldn't do that on their own.

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to say Banjo Kazooie is likely, or get my hopes up. But I think Nintendo knows that there is a large amount of people who will love for these two to appear again, even though they carry zero relevance today. Also knowing that Nintendo has been on good terms of Microsoft, means the chances can't possibly be the lowest.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I think my biggest question is what will Banjo look like if he gets in. Will he be based on his classic Rare look or his new more angular design.. personally I'd hope they update his old design but I feel like theyd go for a K. Rool approach and fuse his modern look with his classic look.
Definitely his classic design, they’ve last used the N&B designs in Sega All Stars Racing In 2010 and haven’t used them since then.

Plus their recent First 4 Figures has them in their classic designs, so it can clear what’s expected for them to look like, I can see this being their modern designs.

Remember, we were worried that Little Mac would have his Brawl design and Pac-Man having his Ghostly Adventures designs and neither happened, so I’d be confident.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
What kind of music tracks do you want on a Banjo & Kazooie stage? The main title theme, Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, and Click Clock Wood (Spring) all seem like shoo-ins and would definitely fit the stage well. Throw in a high-energy remix of Grunty's Lair as an option if the stage transitions between Spiral Mountain and the lair like for a stage hazard or something.

What personal favs would you want to see in? I'd love Rusty Bucket Bay, myself.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
For me?
Kazooie:
-Main theme remix for obvious reasons.
-Grunty’s Lair remix
-Treasure Trove Cove remix
-Mumbo’s Mountain (original)

As for Tooie:
-Jinjo Village remix
-Isle O Hags Medley
-Klungo theme remix
-Cloud Cuckooland (original)

It’s hard to choose. The entire OSTs are too good.

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
What kind of music tracks do you want on a Banjo & Kazooie stage? The main title theme, Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, and Click Clock Wood (Spring) all seem like shoo-ins and would definitely fit the stage well. Throw in a high-energy remix of Grunty's Lair as an option if the stage transitions between Spiral Mountain and the lair like for a stage hazard or something.

What personal favs would you want to see in? I'd love Rusty Bucket Bay, myself.
There are SO many good choices

we'd definietly need a remix of the main theme
remix of Gruntilda's Lair/ final battle/ furnace fun
click clock wood
Isle o' Hags
Jinjo Village
Mr Patch

god i just want to say "everything"
all originals and remixes
lol

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
They've been super supportive over in the Isaac thread as well. I'm glad to see even when people get their favorites, they're willing to go for another ride on the support train. It's comforting to know that if there's ever a DLC push needed, they have our backs.

That being said, now that we know Ridley and K. Rool have already been shown so gloriously, I can't quite give up the idea of them being in the base game anymore. We all know the last set of reveals has to be big, and if B&K are in, that's the time to show them. Aside from long shots like Sora or Master Chief, B&K are the only ones that could match Ridley and K. Rool's hype. Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, etc. couldn't do that on their own.
Just throw in good ol' Crash Bandicoot and the last line there is nearly perfect!
Banjo & Kazooie for Rare ltd and modern Microsoft, perfect.
Crash Bandicoot for the 90's rivalry with Mario & Sonic. Perfect.

^
Those two are the only third parties I truly desire.
I'd love Heihachi for Tekken being my fav 3D fighting game, but that's it.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
You know; looking at Krystal (Star Fox) her design is based off her Star Fox Adventure outfit and staff as an Assist Trophy. That's when Rare made the game. Also King. K Rool. Seems to me that Nintendo (Sakurai) is fine with using Rare. Maybe this gives Banjo & Kazooie a good chance based on Nintendo/Rare/Microsoft relationship?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
You know; looking at Krystal (Star Fox) her design is based off her Star Fox Adventure outfit and staff as an Assist Trophy. That's when Rare made the game. Also King. K Rool. Seems to me that Nintendo (Sakurai) is fine with using Rare. Maybe this gives Banjo & Kazooie a good chance based on Nintendo/Rare/Microsoft relationship?
They sort of have, since Diddy Kong's appearence in Brawl.
It did feature a lot of musical scores from previous Rare produced games.
Smash 4 was lackluster however, but it seemed to be just made for promotional stuff.
Looking at Ultimate, this seems like the game Sakurai wanted to really make for his fans. That 3DS made it harder, you know.
But, with the great journey of overexposure of promotion, it caught th eye of PB of Microsoft, making B&K more likely, which is great.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
"Great Journey" you say? *cue Halo theme* ;):p
Honestly. The only way I'd be ok with Master Chief is if he becomes playable together with Banjo & Kazooie.
I'm not even thinking Microsoft saying; "You can only get hin if you add our star of Halo"
I think it's something Sakurai would at least ask about himself. If you remember Cloud Strife, he did just go up and ask, even if he was expecting a no. I don't think it's too far fetche'd that he'd also ask for Master Chief at least, while going for Banjo & Kazooie. However, did we get him, and not B&K, then I'd be in utter shock.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Honestly. The only way I'd be ok with Master Chief is if he becomes playable together with Banjo & Kazooie.
I'm not even thinking Microsoft saying; "You can only get hin if you add our star of Halo"
I think it's something Sakurai would at least ask about himself. If you remember Cloud Strife, he did just go up and ask, even if he was expecting a no. I don't think it's too far fetche'd that he'd also ask for Master Chief at least, while going for Banjo & Kazooie. However, did we get him, and not B&K, then I'd be in utter shock.
As someone who supports Chief (I'm aware it's a huge longshot), it's only right that Banjo would be included first.

Top Bottom