• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
A lot of the leaks point to them as DLC, but then again, nothing is official and they are all rumors

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It seems like they're not in the base game, but the fact that the Microsoft-Nintendo relationship is continually trending upwards with more collaborations at the right time is a fantastic sign. That and the Smash Ballot support revving up due to Spencer's comments have really aligned the stars perfectly.

B&K could seriously be this game's Cloud, where they always seemed like a pipe dream but finally get shown off to the shock and joy of all the 90s kids who grew up on those influential games of the generation.

Then again, if B&K was in the base game and Master Chief was the shock DLC reveal ala Mega Man and Ryu, I couldn't say that wouldn't be an unfitting pattern for Smash either. Microsoft would likely want to cash in on negotiations after all. But as long as they're talking, that's more progress than has been made for a long time between the two companies, and that's what matters for the Bear & Bird.
Ugh, I'd really hope Banjo-Kazooie would be the sole representative from Microsoft. They're all I want, they are the ones who need this slot in Smash more than any other third party character, it just feels weird the idea of Master Chief being in Smash. I guess if Banjo-Kazooie got in, it wouldn't matter, but it would definitely cheapen the feeling of success and accomplishment of getting the bear and bird back where they belong and hopefully renew their series for at least a remake of their original games for Switch.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I most definitely want to see Banjo-Kazooie revealed first, and maybe the only thing from Microsoft shown for some time... But at some point, I wouldn't mind seeing a Minecraft stage + AT, or even Master Chief as DLC. But yeah, I'm with you, I wouldn't want anything to steal Banjo-Kazooie's thunder. Their moment is big enough on its own, and it'd really be a huge and meaningful moment too, one that Minecraft and Halo simply can't share.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
I don’t know about you guy but I wrote Banjo-Kazooie in the Ballot every day it was out. It would be amazing to see him announced

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
during the early days of the ballot I voted daily for my 2 most wanted newcomers
as time passed i voted less frequently but still went on often to vote for one of them. so I contributed a fair few votes for Banjo and Kazooie during the ballot days. if he gets in , I'll be proud of myself for doing my part in making it happen

also, since I haven't made a post relating to it yet, AAAAAAAHHHHHHH SMASH DIRECT!!!! COME ON BANJO!!!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I voted for them at least seven times during the ballot! I’m glad I’m not the only one who tried voting for them multiple times lmao

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ugh, I'd really hope Banjo-Kazooie would be the sole representative from Microsoft. They're all I want, they are the ones who need this slot in Smash more than any other third party character, it just feels weird the idea of Master Chief being in Smash. I guess if Banjo-Kazooie got in, it wouldn't matter, but it would definitely cheapen the feeling of success and accomplishment of getting the bear and bird back where they belong and hopefully renew their series for at least a remake of their original games for Switch.
As long as Banjo is in I wouldn't care who else from Microsoft came, and I actively want Conker anyway lol

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If Banjo-Kazooie and Paper Mario (another newcomer I'd be so happy to see make it in) got in, along with Sheik, Ganondorf, and Wolf, they would represent the N64 era of Nintendo!

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I want paper Mario but at the same time I don't want paper Mario B/C I feel like he would be base off sticker star & color splash (I HATE THEM!) instead of the 1st 2 paper Mario games, I want him to fight with parterns & with soul! not some washed up bland piece of cardboard :/

kinda like how most people want wario to be based off the land/world games & not the wario ware game

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I disagree with both of those mindsets. Especially in the case of Smash. Wario Ware is far more unique than Land, and isn't shared by Mario in any way. And modern Paper Mario really makes this Mario unique in terms of his paper aesthetic crossing over to his gameplay, which just, yeah, further separates him from regular Mario (plus he still has the hammer and special timed attacks anyway, it's not like he'd be much different than he was in the old games that a lot of fans love).

But that's against the grain, I know I'm in the minority with that. But I hope we can all agree on Banjo-Kazooie not being based on Nuts & Bolts, hahah!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I want paper Mario but at the same time I don't want paper Mario B/C I feel like he would be base off sticker star & color splash (I HATE THEM!) instead of the 1st 2 paper Mario games, I want him to fight with parterns & with soul! not some washed up bland piece of cardboard :/

kinda like how most people want wario to be based off the land/world games & not the wario ware game
That's a really silly fear and I don't have any idea where it came from. If Paper Mario gets in he will use moves primarily from the first 3 games the only thing from SS and CS that would translate to smash would be things and those are more Final Smash material.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
less than 12 hours till the direct, I'm feeling sick with anticipation and dread. Sakurai-San, be kind...
If Banjo & Kazooie get revealed. it's gonna break the internet. and my cries of joy shall be heard far and wide.

But I hope we can all agree on Banjo-Kazooie not being based on Nuts & Bolts, hahah!
AGREED!!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So if Verge is right about Simon, that means he could be right about Minecraft. Which could mean Microsoft is negotiating with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Oh man, Banjo-Kazooie would be an excellent final reveal... Maybe not tomorrow, but closer to release. I mean, there's no newcomer that could top B-K in my opinion, so it'd be tricky to announce anyone after them.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I love Simon, but I gotta admit that the biggest positive for Verge possibly being legit is that Microsoft is involved with Smash. I've already said that all of the interactions between them and Nintendo was brewing up a perfect storm, and assuming that there's more truth to his words than just Simon, there's a real possibility that Microsoft got themselves a character in Smash.

Just hope it really is B&K.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I have a question for all my fellow B-K fans. If Banjo-Kazooie made it into Ultimate which design do you think Microsoft will let Sakurai use (Classic designs, N&B, or a hybrid)?

I would be happy with either designs as long as they make it to Smash. But I actually prefer Kazooie's N&B design over her classic, and prefer Banjo's classic over N&B design. It would even be interesting if there was a hybrid between both designs, like a non blocky/sharper edged Bear & Bird design for Smash.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
My guess is that much like Cloud or Bayonetta; Banjo & Kazooie will have the Classic be the default and Nuts & Bolts as the Alternate.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I have a question for all my fellow B-K fans. If Banjo-Kazooie made it into Ultimate which design do you think Microsoft will let Sakurai use (Classic designs, N&B, or a hybrid)?

I would be happy with either designs as long as they make it to Smash. But I actually prefer Kazooie's N&B design over her classic, and prefer Banjo's classic over N&B design. It would even be interesting if there was a hybrid between both designs, like a non blocky/sharper edged Bear & Bird design for Smash.
Sakurai would refuse to use the N&B design just like he did with the Ghostly Adventures design for Pac-Man. I hope Microsoft isn't stingy about it because I imagine B&K in Smash would look just as modernized and detailed but obviously inspired from the N64 rather than deriving into its own style like N&B.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Sakurai would refuse to use the N&B design just like he did with the Ghostly Adventures design for Pac-Man. I hope Microsoft isn't stingy about it because I imagine B&K in Smash would look just as modernized and detailed but obviously inspired from the N64 rather than deriving into its own style like N&B.
Since he was so adamant to have Mega Man and Pac-Man in their most iconic classic incarnations, I guarantee if they got in, it would be their N64 incarnations with some HD polish and flourishes.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well, no Banjo in the direct.
and VergyBergy looks to be somewhat credible.
so at least that means Banjo still has a chance.

and for some Rareware love, K.Rool looks fantastic. :)
now we wait. as as said further up this page, I could see B&K being the final reveal to truly cap off the ULTIMATE smash. so maybe we'll get them in a few months after a couple more newcomers and echoes.
I'm hopeful :)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Well, no Banjo in the direct.
and VergyBergy looks to be somewhat credible.
so at least that means Banjo still has a chance.

and for some Rareware love, K.Rool looks fantastic. :)
now we wait. as as said further up this page, I could see B&K being the final reveal to truly cap off the ULTIMATE smash. so maybe we'll get them in a few months after a couple more newcomers and echoes.
I'm hopeful :)
Verge hasn't been proven wrong yet so if we get Isabelle and a Pokemon that isn't Decidueye or Lycanroc, it's looking good for that Minecraft content...

And if it's looking good for Microsoft content in Smash... it's looking good for Banjo & Kazooie.

Eagle

Smash Lord
If BanjoK does get revealed, I hope it's in a similar vein as Simon. Not only was it a longer and better quality trailer, but Sakurai got to talk about the series afterwards as well.

Still, would probably cry if BK is revealed either way.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Rool’s inclusion plus the Verge leak being backed by Simon is pointing to good signs for the Bear and Bird

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Okay, the fact that Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon Belmont all are confirmed newcomers to Smash only makes me more hopeful that Banjo-Kazooie will be the ultimate reveal towards release date, all three of these newcomers are ones people, including myself, were really pining for and that makes me hopeful that Banjo-Kazooie will eventually be revealed. K. Rool especially gives me hope, being another Rare-created character not originating from Japan. If Banjo-Kazooie gets in along with those three, this will truly be not only the greatest Smash game ever created, but one of the greatest video games of all time.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Okay, the fact that Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon Belmont all are confirmed newcomers to Smash only makes me more hopeful that Banjo-Kazooie will be the ultimate reveal towards release date, all three of these newcomers are ones people, including myself, were really pining for and that makes me hopeful that Banjo-Kazooie will eventually be revealed. K. Rool especially gives me hope, being another Rare-created character not originating from Japan. If Banjo-Kazooie gets in along with those three, this will truly be not only the greatest Smash game ever created, but one of the greatest video games of all time.
I've told myself that if Isaac or Banjo & Kazooie get in, it would undeniably be the best video game of all-time, no contest (and if both got in, a legitimate possibility now since both were helped out today... I can't even). Seeing today how much they added to the game and how much they're listening to the fans really furthers that idea.

Verge, you better continue to be right. If Minecraft is involved and not in playable form, Banjo & Kazooie will be so close to happening that I could hear the screams of nostalgic joy from 90s kids.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Like idk why but I really feel Banjo Kazooie is gonna make it after this, all the big dream Characters are coming true from the ballot and Minecraft is almost surely involved after verge getting even more right.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
OMG ! Simon Belmont got a echo ! so other 3rd party characters can be an echo!?
Packman-Ms Packman
Megaman-Protoman
Sonic-Shadow
Snake-Raiden
Ryu-Ken
Bayo-Jean
cloud-zack

ALSO CROM DARK SAMUS & @$@$@$ KING K ROOL !

those leaks looking good for banjo! said he would be DLC right ? + Phil Spencer tweets about banjo again!

Also smash for's DLC mii costumes seam to be turning into characters & there was a random honey bear outfit in those outfits ? banjo tease?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What leaks are you guys talking about? As far as I know verge never specifically mentioned Banjo?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
What leaks are you guys talking about? As far as I know verge never specifically mentioned Banjo?
Verge never has mentioned Banjo, but he HAS mentioned that Minecraft representation is in the game. Minecraft is owned by Microsoft, so that implies Nintendo and Microsoft are collaborating to put Minecraft in Smash. Now guess who else is owned by Microsoft and would now have a way easier time getting in the game if this claim is true.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Verge mentioned Minecraft content, which would mean Microsoft is involved. Banjo & Kazooie weren't specifically mentioned but it would be a big boon to their chances if true.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
King K. Rool’s last big game appearance was ten years ago in Mario Super Sluggers. You know who else had their last big game appearance ten years ago? Also, both K. Rool AND Dark Samus are non-Japan-originated characters along with Diddy Kong. Relevance is not a factor, game country origin is not a factor, popularity is more important. That’s clear now more than ever. Man I hope they make it in. This would be the greatest game ever.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't believe Verge wholeheartedly, but he got everything from different sources correct? And the Microsoft thing was mentioned in the same person who gave us Simon and Ridley?

With Ashley now off my prediction roster; I've gotten a sudden gut feeling about the odd's of Banjo and Kazooie. Count me in!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
King K. Rool’s last big game appearance was ten years ago in Mario Super Sluggers. You know who else had their last big game appearance ten years ago? Also, both K. Rool AND Dark Samus are non-Japan-originated characters along with Diddy Kong. Relevance is not a factor, game country origin is not a factor, popularity is more important. That’s clear now more than ever. Man I hope they make it in. This would be the greatest game ever.
May I add? The inclusion of Shovel Knight also supports the fact that there is no such thing as language barriers and that Sakurai would go very far to try please us, the fans, as best as he can.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
With King K officially in, now I feel Banjo chances have skyrocketed. Sure there’s other deserving characters but this seems to be catering to fans who’s had requests for a long time.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Oh my mistake, I already knew that. The guy above me had said Banjo was rumoured as DLC so I didn't know if I'd missed something.

Top Bottom