• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Crash would be interesting in a way Sonic was to a lesser degree, but I have zero interest in Spyro
I was never a Sony person growing up, never had a Playstation system until PS4, so my nostalgia for them is zilch. Now Banjo & Kazooie on the other hand... the epitome of childhood nostalgia.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rayman is an okay choice for me, but he will just be the poor man’s Banjo Kazooie. With Rayman, yeah he has sheer more quantity of games with Nintendo and spans a longer time frame, but Banjo represents the late 90s era for Nintendo better than any other character.
Crash would be interesting in a way Sonic was to a lesser degree, but I have zero interest in Spyro
I was never a Sony person growing up, never had a Playstation system until PS4, so my nostalgia for them is zilch. Now Banjo & Kazooie on the other hand... the epitome of childhood nostalgia.
I grew up with all of those guys (helps that I played on an uncle's PSX whenever I visited, and I played the PC version of Rayman 1 at home), so I wouldn't mind having them in.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
That Neutral-B Egg shot idea is great, especially the idea of "charging it" so to speak, like if you Tap the Button it'll shoot out a fast Blue Egg, holding it down for a second will produce a Fire Egg, and Holding it down all the way could create a Grenade egg, each with different power/Knockback/Lag etc.

Honestly theres just so much you could do with Banjo&Kazooie and with that being said, I dont care what their playstyle would be- they'd be my Main for life.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think what changed is the cast started including more and more human characters

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Anyone else see that 500 dollar Banjo statue figure?
Yeah, the First4Figures statue. The mold and paint quality are fantastic but the pose, stomach pole, and obviously price tag all have me looking with hopeful eyes towards the Totaku version. Or a certain similarly low-priced statue of the Nintendo variety

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Anyone else see that 500 dollar Banjo statue figure?
Yeah, I bought it, validated it for the Day 1 bonuses too, the Pose could be better but its a new centerpiece for my Banjo Collection nonetheless

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I wanted the statue. I still do.
but it's just too pricey for me.
So I'm just going to hope that the Totaku and the supposed plush toy both look really nice since they're more in my price range

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I’ll buy the amiibo if he comes to Smash
oh yeah! when/if B&K get into Smash, I will buy at least 2 copies of their amiibo. one to use, and one to keep in box
and then maybe a third to paint gold, especially if the amiibo is posed anything like this
ExtraLife.png

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
If a banjo amiibo happens I'll buy a BUNCH ! one to keep in box, 8 for ever alt banjo has & i'll custom paint them, THEN i'll have to get NFC chips with banjo's code to put in & turn my old banjo plush, banjo statue,banjo kazooie & tooie N64 game carts into amiibos! (diddy kong racing N64 cart will have to have a diddy & banjo nfc chip on each side)

yes I'm crazy but this is what I would most likely try to do lol XD

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I’d buy out of sheer loyalty and gratification and Nintendo look how much money you can make please put Banjo in!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yet another reason I want Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. FREAKING AMIIBO BABY. Just the idea of having him alongside my Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, & Pac-Man amiibos on my shelf would be a dream come true.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Kinda a tangent, kinda not, but after watching this unboxing video, it dawned on me just how insane it is to see Microsoft on the box of a Nintendo console.

Nintendo x Microsoft is a real thing, nobody can argue this as unlikely anymore.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think with Microsoft’s weak standing in Japan, they have to turn to Nintendo for help there, which is better than its primary demographic competitor in Sony. Meanwhile, Nintendo, a much smaller company overall, will look to Microsoft as a good partner in easy money revenues.

The workings are there for Banjo guys, it just has to happen.

That being said, the rumblings are significantly quieter for the bear and bird duo. It seems during the Smash 4 DLC era they were the talk of the town along with K Rool and Shovel Knight. Now a days the talk has shrank significantly for them. I am curious why this is?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Luckily, the talk these days don't matter so much. As long as the talk was big during the ballot, we should be in a good situation right now. But it actually feels like there's been plenty of talk about the Bear & Bird, heck, GameXplain has mentioned them in most of their weekly update discussions. I think a lot of people are really feeling this.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
It would be great if Microsoft and Nintendo continued working together and announced a Banjo-Kazooie Collection containing B-K, B-T, and Nuts & Bolts for XBOX ONE and Nintendo Switch. But I don't believe the two companies are at this level of cooperative yet.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
They mentioned them in today’s conversation for week 8 (and two of them talked how they’d be more hyped for Master Chief, ugh)but what other weeks have they mentioned them?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Pretty sure they mentioned them last week too. And I know they've come up before as well. Banjo-Kazooie is usually a topic for that gang too, part of at least Andre and Ash's childhoods.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I remember Ash scolding Andre today for supporting Master Chief over Banjo, I too felt the sharp knife of betrayal

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
ALRIGHT, THAT'S IT!!!

I held off from supporting these two, listing them as an honorable mention in my signature because I was sure that they had no chance of getting in during the SSB4 era outside of that one Phil Spencer tweet, but after witnessing people showing their passionate love for Banjo, a couple of surprising recent events (including the likely high ballot results), & a revisiting of the first game for it's 20th anniversary back in June, well...........let's just say.......

I would like to show my support, for the dynamic duo of bear & bird.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Think the 8th is a good time to announce Banjo-Kazooie? I'm thinking it could be, though I suppose it's anybody's guess. They feel like a summer reveal to me, also, looking at Brawl and 4, they usually announce their third party characters early on. And we've yet to hear about the new third party for this game... So, yeah, hoping it's B-K's chance!

Like, Simon Belmont would be my other guess, but I'd hope they'd save him for Halloween time, y'know?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I won’t get my hopes up too high, any new reveals or information is enough to get me hyped, especially after a month or two of waiting for something new! But, that said, if Banjo-Kazooie are revealed, I will be flipping my ****!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If Vega starts building some credibility, this really bodes well for Banjo with the Minecraft nods

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
What timeline are we in ? The Walking Dead X Tekken ? NOW IS THE TIME FOR BANJO! lol

the walking dead's Negen is in tekken & can fight akuma who is from street fighter & fights Ryu who is in Smash Bros who can Fight Diddy Kong & Sonic who both raced with BANJO! ITS MADNESS! MADNESS I TELL YOU! lol :p

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
Count me in as a Banjo and Kazooie supporter! The time is right with Nintendo and Microsoft’s new friendship.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If they wanted a big third party reveal this Wednesday, I’d say their two biggest options are either Simon or Banjo

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If they wanted a big third party reveal this Wednesday, I’d say their two biggest options are either Simon or Banjo
Since they know they have strictly a Smash audience with hardcore fans and ballot voters mixed in, Banjo & Kazooie (and K. Rool for first party) might actually be the ideal characters to show off. There wouldn't be as many casuals that say, "Who?".

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Either K. Rool, Simon Belmont, or Banjo-Kazooie I'd be very happy with. I won't hold my breath for Banjo-Kazooie being announced this direct, but seeing so many people wanting them announced and soon makes me so happy and hopeful that they'll be announced eventually, at the latest as DLC. Especially after years of people saying they were dead and no longer viable as Nintendo characters.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Either K. Rool, Simon Belmont, or Banjo-Kazooie I'd be very happy with. I won't hold my breath for Banjo-Kazooie being announced this direct, but seeing so many people wanting them announced and soon makes me so happy and hopeful that they'll be announced eventually, at the latest as DLC. Especially after years of people saying they were dead and no longer viable as Nintendo characters.
It seems like they're not in the base game, but the fact that the Microsoft-Nintendo relationship is continually trending upwards with more collaborations at the right time is a fantastic sign. That and the Smash Ballot support revving up due to Spencer's comments have really aligned the stars perfectly.

B&K could seriously be this game's Cloud, where they always seemed like a pipe dream but finally get shown off to the shock and joy of all the 90s kids who grew up on those influential games of the generation.

Then again, if B&K was in the base game and Master Chief was the shock DLC reveal ala Mega Man and Ryu, I couldn't say that wouldn't be an unfitting pattern for Smash either. Microsoft would likely want to cash in on negotiations after all. But as long as they're talking, that's more progress than has been made for a long time between the two companies, and that's what matters for the Bear & Bird.

Top Bottom