• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Vergefag? WTF? One more like that and you'll get reported.

(and no I don't support Vergeben's "leaks")
Pretty much. I don't think Connor's a bad guy, but he has a really nasty habit of posting like he's on 4Chan.

Sorry

I edited it
I appreciate that you're mature enough to recognize your mistake. Again I don't believe you're a nasty or malicious person, and I actually appreciate your ****posts as a way to bring levity to a discussion, but please don't use any homophobic slurs, even in jest. It makes for far more productive and healthy discussion when everybody respects everyone else.

Last edited:

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Hiya myself, I used to post often during the Smash 4 days, but have just been lurking this time. Just want to say Banjo is a dream character for me. I love both games dearly, a huge part of my childhood. Never thought they had a chance. I caved and decided to post as a supporter now that very shortly the dream could be reality.

Last edited:

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
I'm frightened of visiting this thread. But, um, hello?

How is everyone?
Don't worry, we're actually really chill here.

Hiya myself, I used to post often during the Smash 4 days, but have just been lurking this time. Just want to say Banjo is a dream character for me. I love both games dearly, a huge part of my childhood. Never thought they had a chance. I caved and decided to post as a supporter now that very shortly the dream could be reality.
Greetings you two. I hope you can manage the hype in here.

Since we're not really discussing anything now... What do you think the splash text will be for the leaked characters?

Banjo-Kazooie. Probably something related to them being back or fighting as one.
Banjo & Kazooie team up
Banjo & Kazooie are back
Or my favorite: Banjo & Kazooie complete the puzzle (I really hope it's this one)

Isaac. I think Nintendo wants to avoid talking about his ground shaking moves, and since the poster has him use plant-like psynergy, I think it'll be related to that.
Isaac plants the seeds
Isaac shakes things up
Isaac grows a pair

Geno. I don't know much about Geno, but let's try anyway:
Geno reaches for the stars
Geno will make you see stars
Geno gets dolled up

Chorus Kids:
Chorus Kids AAAAAAA
Chorus Kids sing in tribulation (seriously, just look at their pained faces)
Chorus Kids will make you sing a different song

Mach Rider:
You are Mach Rider (no other possibilities)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Regarding the comments about insiders, I agree that we should take them with a grain of salt. Remember that the game is being made in Japan so if someone doesn't have a contact in Japan, they might be missing details. The only involvement that Europe and US insiders would have is the translation, licensing, and other minor details. It will be easy for Sakurai to withhold or share limited data with teams outside of Japan.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm frightened of visiting this thread. But, um, hello?

How is everyone?
Welcome, you two! It's never too late to support the bear and bird. In fact, it seems like your timing couldn't be better, if things are hopefully going the way they seem! I can't tell you, btw, how much it means to me that so many people grew up loving the adventures of Banjo & Kazooie as much as I did. It's because of you guys that we actually may have a shot at seeing them finally return home to Nintendo in the biggest video game crossover of ALL TIME, and on their twentieth anniversary, no less! It's because of how vocal and supportive you all have been for the backpacking bear and bird's inclusion in the ballot and on social media that we may finally see them alongside Mario, Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, Simon Belmont, and even Geno of all people! These next few weeks are going to be interesting, to say the least. Hopefully we'll all be celebrating and Christmas will have truly come early thanks to the Grinch of all people!

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Since we're not really discussing anything now... What do you think the splash text will be for the leaked characters?

Banjo-Kazooie. Probably something related to them being back or fighting as one.
Banjo & Kazooie team up
Banjo & Kazooie are back
Or my favorite: Banjo & Kazooie complete the puzzle (I really hope it's this one)

Isaac. I think Nintendo wants to avoid talking about his ground shaking moves, and since the poster has him use plant-like psynergy, I think it'll be related to that.
Isaac plants the seeds
Isaac shakes things up
Isaac grows a pair

Geno gets dolled up

Chorus Kids:
Chorus Kids AAAAAAA

Mach Rider:
Mach Rider revs up!
Mach Rider races into battle!
Mach Rider is rushing in!

Also really like Banjo & Kazooie come out of hibernation!
Banjo & Kazooie tag-team into battle!
Banjo & Kazooie are reuniting!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Banjo & Kazooie team up
Banjo & Kazooie are back

Isaac plants the seeds
Isaac shakes things up
Isaac grows a pair

Geno gets dolled up

Chorus Kids:
Chorus Kids AAAAAAA

Mach Rider:
Here's the perfect one for Geno... ''Geno shoots for the stars!''

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Another thing on the plate of team real aparently on the official messed up crop banner there were tome green pixels next to little mac's foot

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
**** yeah!!!! Lets do this. Lets hope the leak its real and see Banjo on thursday! Best of lucks my fellow banjoroos

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman

Is this it? Will the Grinch (of all people) bring Christmas early? Will the bear & bird finally be reunited with their true family? Find out in the next episode of DBZ!

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
This is it boys. Make or break. Do or die.

I think the Grinch leak is real. See you on 1/11 for 40 mins of madness.

May god have mercy on us all.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
THE moment of truth is upon is. Is the Grinch prophecy true, or have we been forsaken? Somebody hold my hand, as we pray for Banjo's second coming

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It can’t be coincidence we’re getting this Direct after over a week of an insane leak getting let loose. Praying it’s all true. Either way, we’re all in for a bumpy ride!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
The August Smash Direct revealed 2 newcomers and 3 echos in 27 minutes. Can we see 5 newcomers and 2 echos in 40 minutes? I hope to God.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
The direct being this long is really making me think that we're gonna confirm the leak on Thursday. I'm also afraid they may save Banjo for the Microsoft Conference on the 9th or someone for the general direct that's also rumored

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Goodness, this Direct's confirmed size and Treehouse after...

I really, really hope Banjo and Kazooie are in it - but at least the chances aren't necessarily slimmed down by any means.

This is gonna be such a long wait.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Watching what has happened to Banjo is a tragedy:
  • Game is considered to be up there with the gaming giants.
  • Gets bought out by Microsoft before appearing in Smash Brothers Melee.
  • Is dormant for years until Nuts and Bolts comes out (which was better off as it own franchise).
  • Banjo remakes are what makes Banjo relevant now.
The Bear and Bird supporters have been on a rollercoaster with the franchise. Smash Brothers Ultimate will be great for Banjo and where he should have been long ago.

Last edited:

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Banjo and Kazooie are my most wanted characters since forever. I'm sooo anxious! And since Nov 1st is a national holiday in my country i'll be able to watch the entire thing. I'm so anxious!

Please add me to the list of supporters, from a fellow Greninja main :)

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
By the way, how likely it is that the Spirits mode will be a story/adventure mode with cutscenes? I think it is really likely, given that nothing has leaked from that mode and taking into account Sakurai's comments about how angry he was with the whole SSE scenes in youtube, I think this may be one of his biggest projects, apart from the whole roster of course.

Top Bottom