• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Tiff, Tuff and most of the anime Kirby characters can BURN IN HELL for all I care! :laugh:

But seriously they are horrible characters. :glare:
They really are. Their purpose seems to be to act as a proxy for the audience, seeing as there was an edict that Kirby must not speak, which doubtless had quite an impact on the scripts.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I survived the entire ten minutes. Do I win a cookie? If not, onigiri or sushi will do. Thanks. :grin:

BWD is my only DLC hope how can I help the hype campaign?
Hit Miiverse, Twitter, and so on and so forth! It doesn't take long. :)

I hope that Nintendo makes a new Kirby anime some day... featuring Bandana Dee, of course.
As I've said many times by now, something closer to the tone and spirit of the games, and similar to the cutscenes in Kirby Triple Deluxe, would be fantastic. If they can't create an entire series like that, or a movie or something would do. :laugh:

Tiff and Tuff almost singlehandedly ruined the anime for me.
The ridiculously out-of-character nature of the source material's actual characters was what ruined it for me. :p

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I survived the entire ten minutes. Do I win a cookie? If not, onigiri or sushi will do. Thanks. :grin:

Hit Miiverse, Twitter, and so on and so forth! It doesn't take long. :)

As I've said many times by now, something closer to the tone and spirit of the games, and similar to the cutscenes in Kirby Triple Deluxe, would be fantastic. If they can't create an entire series like that, or a movie or something would do. :laugh:

The ridiculously out-of-character nature of the source material's actual characters was what ruined it for me. :p
In my opinion though (and this is completely subjective) I did like Meta Knight's voice in the English dub, but still the anime was kind of off putting by just how loose it was in comparison to the games, however I believe Sakurai said it was made in that way intentionally in an interview with Famitsu.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Some guys in K. Rool and Wolf threads posted a group of questions related to K. Rool/Wolf in order to increase activity, so I decided to do the same on this thread:

1. What is your favorite thing about Bandana Dee?
2. What pose do you think Dee's render will have?
3. Do you have any fond memories of this thread?
4. Is Bandana Dee your most wanted character?
5. What would be your reaction to Dee's reveal?
6. Will you support other character after Dee is confirmed, or are you going to quit speculation?
7. Do you think Dee is going to be competitively viable?
8. What is your favorite Dee pun?

My answers:
1. His cuteness.
2. No idea, maybe something similar to his official artwork in KRtDL.
3. I have a lot of them.
4. He is my second most wanted, after King K. Rool.
5. HYPE
6. I will move my support to K. Rool and Wolf, unless they're confirmed before Dee.
7. No idea.
8. There's so many, I can't choose one.
1. He's a Waddle Dee, what's not to love?
2. Him holding his spear in a striking pose.
3. The chain of Dee puns that one time.
4. Nope, not even close. Not even in the top 10.
5. Cool cool.
6. Yes, there are tons of other characters I need.
7. I have no clue.
8. Deez nutz. :troll:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Some guys in K. Rool and Wolf threads posted a group of questions related to K. Rool/Wolf in order to increase activity, so I decided to do the same on this thread:

6. Will you support other character after Dee is confirmed, or are you going to quit speculation?

My answers:
1. His cuteness.
3. I have a lot of them.
5. HYPE
6. I will move my support to K. Rool and Wolf, unless they're confirmed before Dee.
7. No idea.
1. His cuteness
2. Jumping, spear hand on head.
3. A few
4. Yes
5. Screams. Screaming everywhere.
6. I'm getting tired of speculation so yes though there are still characters I want.
7. He'll basically be a Kirby-Marth hybrid so yes.
8. .....Umm, let me think.......

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
King Dedede was really off-putting, but he made up for it by actually being pretty hilarious. Meta Knight I feel like didn't need to be there, although I like that despite what it might seem, his greater intention was to stop Nightmare.
I think the only episodes I enjoyed from the kirby anime was the Kirby Air Ride episodes.
I enjoyed the episode where Dedede thought he killed Kirby and actually showed how much he cared for him at his "funeral."

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

My answers:
1. His cuteness.
3. I have a lot of them.
5. HYPE
7. No idea.
Well, I will try to aswer this:
  1. His adorableness
  2. I don't know, maybe I could draw some, someday.
  3. xD Since i'm basically new in here, nope, unless you count the funny stuff that happened days ago with Dee and the guns.
  4. I'm neutral, so, I don't want anybody.
  5. I would go D'awww!
  6. I already quitted.
  7. No idea.
  8. =u= after a good round of constant puns...no idea.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
but still the anime was kind of off putting by just how loose it was in comparison to the games, however I believe Sakurai said it was made in that way intentionally in an interview with Famitsu.
Indeed he did. Personally, I still don't think it was a very good idea. After all, when there's an adaptation of a pre-existing franchise, people rightly expect a substantial amount of resemblance to it, or else disasters happen (the issues raised in this linked article apply to countless adaptations of video games in non-gaming media across the 1990s and 2000s, not just the one specific case that it's about).

King Dedede was really off-putting, but he made up for it by actually being pretty hilarious.
Yes, I do agree. The anime's depiction of Dedede is the one thing I despise above all others in the show, yet ironically, my biggest hate about the anime is also one of the biggest reasons that it's watchable on its own merits if you can ignore what it's actually allegedly supposed to be. :laugh:

Haha, thanks! :grin:

I'm neutral, so, I don't want anybody.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion though (and this is completely subjective) I did like Meta Knight's voice in the English dub, but still the anime was kind of off putting by just how loose it was in comparison to the games, however I believe Sakurai said it was made in that way intentionally in an interview with Famitsu.
I just find shocking how ridiculously irritating the characters are, they are like the cast from Sonic 06, "the Heroes are idiots and villains are just as stupid or there just for the sake of having a badguy." -Somecallmejohnny.

But on top of that they are complete D***s at some points, it is like the writers wanted them to be horrible, they looked at and said this will make all ages laugh, yes that is the intended audience.

For example, when Kirby ate a Noddy and fell asleep and needed to be awakened. And some 100yr slumber shindig or whatever. Tuff acts like complete douche throughout the episode, being so cocky and thinking he did s*** he actually didn't do, due to metaknight helping him out of sight. Then at the climax of episode he realises he didn't do **** all. And then starts self pitying? Tiff says "Oh Tuff don't tell me you are feeling sorry for yourself". And he yaps back "WHY SHOULDN'T I ?"
WTF? That is only one example. I know this is off topic.

But the show lost its direction after episode 4, and the awful characters and script doomed it all too.
And I used to praise show, boy was I wrong.

As for the main series characters Metaknight is cool. Knuckle Joe wants to AVENDHEJ HIS FADDA! Dedede is hilarious at some points
However we learn NOTHING about Kirby and Metaknight and there back story and where they come from and Dedede is there just to be the butt end of the entire show's joke.

God this was too long!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I just find shocking how ridiculously irritating the characters are, they are like the cast from Sonic 06, "the Heroes are idiots and villains are just as stupid or there just for the sake of having a badguy." -Somecallmejohnny.!
Mephiles was pretty smart.

D

Deleted member

Who is your guys' least fav kirby character? Big character, not a species.
Hmm... least favorite...
Tiff and Tuff. They took away from the show to be honest. If it's about Kirby, then focus it on Kirby. He is capable on his own and I don't think they represented that to it's fullest in the show.

8. What is your favorite Dee pun?[
1. His design, fighting style, and overall character.
2. I dunno. Maybe something where he has a spear over his head?
3. Starting out the thread and seeing it take off.
4. Yes, along with Phoenix Wright and Bomberman.
5. Pure happiness. Maybe an explosion.
6. I will continue to lend my support.
7. We'll need to see how he fights first!
8. N/A

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

My answers:
1. His cuteness.
3. I have a lot of them.
5. HYPE
7. No idea.

1. He's adorable.
  2. I could draw one to show this better, but maybe some dynamic pose using is spear as a focus point.
  3. Well, even if I'm quite new here and don't have much to say, I still love this thread and the people in it, you're all nice people.
  4. No, mainly because I don't have much history with him, and I do have other favorite's, but I don't have much care about Smash anymore.
  5. Happy to see that the people in this thread will be happy that he's in.
  6. No, as I'm done with devoted speculation, it's too much to deal with from past experiences.
  7. Maybe? I don't really know.
  8. None, cause they are Deespicable... goddammit...

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
King Dedede was really off-putting, but he made up for it by actually being pretty hilarious. Meta Knight I feel like didn't need to be there, although I like that despite what it might seem, his greater intention was to stop Nightmare.

I enjoyed the episode where Dedede thought he killed Kirby and actually showed how much he cared for him at his "funeral."
I just remembered there was actually another episode I did enjoy.

Edit: Now everybody, yeah yeah yeah yeah, one two, one two

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just remembered there was actually another episode I did enjoy.

Edit: Now everybody, yeah yeah yeah yeah, one two, one two
That's the most terrifiying excercise session I have ever seen...O_O But, DAMN, that remix of Dedede's theme is awesome.

Furret24

Smash Master
I just find shocking how ridiculously irritating the characters are, they are like the cast from Sonic 06, "the Heroes are idiots and villains are just as stupid or there just for the sake of having a badguy." -Somecallmejohnny.

But on top of that they are complete D***s at some points, it is like the writers wanted them to be horrible, they looked at and said this will make all ages laugh, yes that is the intended audience.

For example, when Kirby ate a Noddy and fell asleep and needed to be awakened. And some 100yr slumber shindig or whatever. Tuff acts like complete douche throughout the episode, being so cocky and thinking he did s*** he actually didn't do, due to metaknight helping him out of sight. Then at the climax of episode he realises he didn't do **** all. And then starts self pitying? Tiff says "Oh Tuff don't tell me you are feeling sorry for yourself". And he yaps back "WHY SHOULDN'T I ?"
WTF? That is only one example. I know this is off topic.

But the show lost its direction after episode 4, and the awful characters and script doomed it all too.
And I used to praise show, boy was I wrong.

As for the main series characters Metaknight is cool. Knuckle Joe wants to AVENDHEJ HIS FADDA! Dedede is hilarious at some points
However we learn NOTHING about Kirby and Metaknight and there back story and where they come from and Dedede is there just to be the butt end of the entire show's joke.

God this was too long!
Kirby Right Back at Ya is a pretty mediocre show overall (the blend of 2d animation and CGI is really strange), but that into song is godly.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

8. What is your favorite Dee pun
1. Yes
2. Something like his RtDL render
3. A lot
4. You bet he is
5. Etika levels of hype
6. I'll still support plenty of others
7. Probably, but I ain't competitive, so I don't care
8. All of them are DEElightful

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
No matter how much you hate the show, it is scientifically impossible not to like that theme song. "I NEEDA MONSTUH TA CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH!"

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210

1. He's cool & cute at the same time.
2. Probably holding the spear up.
3. I don't remember :( (I haven't been here for a month anyways)
4. Yes, along with Pico from F-Zero (or just any F-Zero character in general)
5. Probably Etika's reaction to Mewtwo. lm*ooooo
6. I will support Pico as stated above (K. Rool would probably be revealed before Dee)
7. He definitely could. (that could really be said to just about any character)
8. I was thinking of putting a Dee pun within "I NEEDUH MONSTUH TA CLOBBEH DAT DERE KIRBEH!!!"

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I looked on Source Gaming and found some Miiverse posts to share, here's one of them I thought you'd all like!

Robin: I wonder who I should vote for the new fighter…
Robin: Fighters like Bandana Waddle Dee or King K. Rool seem to be really popular…
Chrom: It seems that you are lost…

Here's another, now including propaganda!

Waddle Dee: Newcomer? (Literally: New Flour) Waddle Dee
Wolf: Let’s play together
Part-Timer (Badge Shop): I will join the battle in Smash!
Dixie Kong: (Monkey Sounds). Dixie Kong!
Snake: I kept you waiting….again.
Chrom: Let’s change his Smash Brothers lucl
Splatoon: It’s early, but shouldn’t they get in? (Uses a pun between Squid and shouldn’t they?)
Roy(Fire Emblem): It’s this okay??
Cat Peach: Vote for me, meow!
Pichu: Mr. Sakurai…(where’s my) invitation….

Here's something to push us!

Kirby: Hey everyone! Vote for Bandanna Waddle Dee in the Fighters Ballot!

And finally, here's the big one!!!

Smash Brothers’ Fighter Ballot
Open until October 3rd, 2015!

Hope you enjoy!!!

Furret24

Smash Master
So I looked on Source Gaming and found some Miiverse posts to share, here's one of them I thought you'd all like!

Robin: I wonder who I should vote for the new fighter…
Robin: Fighters like Bandana Waddle Dee or King K. Rool seem to be really popular…
Chrom: It seems that you are lost…

Here's another, now including propaganda!

Waddle Dee: Newcomer? (Literally: New Flour) Waddle Dee
Wolf: Let’s play together
Part-Timer (Badge Shop): I will join the battle in Smash!
Dixie Kong: (Monkey Sounds). Dixie Kong!
Snake: I kept you waiting….again.
Chrom: Let’s change his Smash Brothers lucl
Splatoon: It’s early, but shouldn’t they get in? (Uses a pun between Squid and shouldn’t they?)
Roy(Fire Emblem): It’s this okay??
Cat Peach: Vote for me, meow!
Pichu: Mr. Sakurai…(where’s my) invitation….

Here's something to push us!

Kirby: Hey everyone! Vote for Bandanna Waddle Dee in the Fighters Ballot!

And finally, here's the big one!!!

Smash Brothers’ Fighter Ballot
Open until October 3rd, 2015!

Hope you enjoy!!!
Why is it seem that every single japanese person can draw?

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I saw a bad argument in the Adeeline thread, someone said Waddle dee would feel weird because Ddd thows them in brawl I assume they mean Bandana, but he doesn't throw them anymore... argument deebunked.

Top Bottom