• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

MattX20

Smash Hero
Dee's popularity in Japan along with the Yoshi's Wooly World datamining has me fairly convinced that he will be one of the remaining newcomers yet to be revealed.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey guys, while he's not my number one want for the game, I just want to support Bandana Dee as I genuinely would like to see him added to the game, so count me in as a supporter :3

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Link is broken
Really? OK, maybe this one will work out better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG92tm5dPl0

Also, I noticed something. Today on Smash Ultimate's blog they revealed a remix of City Trial's theme from Kirby Air Ride. Noticing how we just got some Kirby news for a new Dream Friend and THEN immediately they reveal some Kirby music for Smash.

Two things happening like that cannot be a coincidence.
Something big is happening, or I could just be thinking about this too much.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Before August ends we'll get some smash related news I hope. If it does some how corilate to Kirby I think we could final rest with our blue bandaned compadré.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Before August ends we'll get some smash related news I hope. If it does some how corilate to Kirby I think we could final rest with our blue bandaned compadré.
I'm pretty sure we'll get a newcomer update long before August ends. With less than 5 months left for the game starting Saturday, we'll probably get at least one newcomer reveal per month, even if said newcomer is an echo fighter

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'm pretty sure we'll get a newcomer update long before August ends. With less than 5 months left for the game starting Saturday, we'll probably get at least one newcomer reveal per month, even if said newcomer is an echo fighter
Still I can't help but hope we get our turn soon if we do get it.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm actually thinking Bandana Dee might just get Gourmet Race in his trailer for his gameplay section. But I want return to dreamland/adventure Wii title theme for his cinematic.
If it's the Brawl remix I don't see it fitting his character. Something whimsical more like this, perhaps:

Kinda like how Rosalina got Gusty Garden instead of a "cool" song to fit her graceful, elegant character (even if it wasn't in the final game...).

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If it's the Brawl remix I don't see it fitting his character. Something whimsical more like this, perhaps:

Kinda like how Rosalina got Gusty Garden instead of a "cool" song to fit her graceful, elegant character (even if it wasn't in the final game...).
Uh, Gusty Garden was in the Wii U version

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I stand corrected! For some reason I thought it was only Champion's Road... must have gotten it mixed up with the music in Bowser Jr.'s trailer.
Yep. Junior had a song in the trailer that doesn't appear in the final game. Maybe ultimate will have it now?

StormC

Smash Hero
The one thing I wonder is I have no real idea how a Bandana Dee trailer would play out. Maybe some of the villains like Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley gang up on Kirby, and then Bandana Dee comes in at the last minute to save him?

My prediction is BDee's reveal trailer will be partnered with someone else in a Smash Direct - he doesn't quite have the "holy **** WTF he made it?!" factor that would make him stand out on his own, which is why in a traditional Smash game I always assumed he would be an unlockable. My thought is he might get revealed alongside Simon or someone later on.

Then the tag can be the four Kirby characters hanging out like in Star Allies:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think Bandana Dee will be revealed outside of a Nintendo Direct given how infrequent they are.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Well every character that wasn't leaked for Smash 4 got revealed in a direct. (And E3) And Shulk was revealed in a japan only direct I believe (But don't quote me on that).

So i think there's a good chance that if Bandana Dee's in, it'll be revealed in a direct. If there are any secret characters they'll probably be echoes is my prediction.

EDIT: oh wait, Robin/Lucina got their own thing to themselves. :/

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, Nintendo Directs are very infrequent compared to Smash 4's time with them. Nowadays, they happen every 3-4 months, so a Direct reveal wouldn't be practical for most of the remaining cast. Either from the website or through other methods.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

I was actually thinking they'd use the Smash 64 version. Or a new remix.

I'd love to hear the version used as a 3DS theme, brass version I think.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Good day to y'all, local Dee supporter would like to join your Band(ana)wagon!

I was a low-key Bandana Dee supporter during the time of the Ballot, as back then I didn't really have any wishes other than "yeah if they could add Bandana Dee to complete the RTD squad I'd be satisfied forever". But since then, Kirby games have been released one after another (with Rainbow Curse, Battle Royale, and Star allies especially, considering his role in those), and being a fan of both the spear as a weapon and Kirby, my interest in the Bandana-wearing bun of sweetness increased dramatically. As now, I've never wanted a single character in smash more than him. On top of that, finding out that he's a highly requested character overall, alongside some circumstantial evidence supporting him, I've been hopeful for a reveal more and more. Consider me one of your sPEERS. (Get it? Peer? Spear? ....No? ........Crud.)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ummm... guys?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It isn't who we thought it was.

D

Deleted member

Ummm... guys?
I was almost scared for a second. Then I watched the video.
Now I both love and hate you simultaneously.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Good day to y'all, local Dee supporter would like to join your Band(ana)wagon!

I was a low-key Bandana Dee supporter during the time of the Ballot, as back then I didn't really have any wishes other than "yeah if they could add Bandana Dee to complete the RTD squad I'd be satisfied forever". But since then, Kirby games have been released one after another (with Rainbow Curse, Battle Royale, and Star allies especially, considering his role in those), and being a fan of both the spear as a weapon and Kirby, my interest in the Bandana-wearing bun of sweetness increased dramatically. As now, I've never wanted a single character in smash more than him. On top of that, finding out that he's a highly requested character overall, alongside some circumstantial evidence supporting him, I've been hopeful for a reveal more and more. Consider me one of your sPEERS. (Get it? Peer? Spear? ....No? ........Crud.)
The puns on this thread makes me very happy inDEEd. Welcome aboard!
Ummm... guys?
Sigh, the Kirby fandom sure does love these fake out Dream Friend reveals... and making me sad. :(

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Ummm... guys?
:p

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
Ikr? I'm freaking out!! Been waiting impatiently for days...

...btw, sorry I've been away so long! Longtime Bdee supporter. Been busy on the Geno thread as of late. But I knew I'd find some hype here for the Star Allies update.:) I'm still 100% supporting the Dee!

But at the moment...Dream Friends hype!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
0² remix please, other wise she'll prove just how worthless she is. Least interesting Dream Friend in my opinion

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What's the over-under on the Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 being Bandana Waddle Dee? Because that's my headcannon.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Everyone's out here raving over the potential for a Zero-Two remix... meanwhile, I'm over here just hoping we finally get an official Miracle Matter remix. You have to admit, we're long overdue on that!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bandana Dee is still my second most wanted and all, but can he bring someone with him
ver02_update03_yt03.jpg
ver02_update03_yt02.jpg

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Dang, that's pretty cool!
Now that the three new dream friends are revealed, I'm curious to try them out (especially Daroach) in The Ultimate Choice or Guest Star.

D

Deleted member

Adeleine & Ribbon are basically the best part about this wave imo. Don't really care for DMK despite liking Amazing Mirror a lot, and while I like Daroach's design he doesn't have much going for him otherwise in my book (including the game he's from).
Looks like Wave 3 will likely release around November, which gives me enough time to finish my Kirby marathon before it comes out... Though 100%ing Return to Dream Land shouldn't be too hard.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I'm gonna take a moment and say that Adeleine and Ribbon are adorable in HD. It's great to see the Crystal Shards crew back together again!

Sigh, now I'm regretting selling my copy of Kirby 64 long ago...

D

Deleted member

Cool too see the new dream friends, don't have the game. But dang they look pretty cool. Been seeing the short clips of them in action. It's great enjoying it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I've heard that Wave 3 of the Dream Friends has been datamined. But I haven't heard who they found in the data.
Magolor
Taranza
Susie
the Jambastion Mages

I'm still hoping they'll make a 4th wave with spin-off Kirby characters and characters from other HAL games (Qbby and Part time UFO)

Last edited:
Top Bottom