• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

For me out of all the modern kirby music I would love to see them remix is the apple juice song when bandana waddle dee gets revealed in a future nintendo direct!

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hyness Unhooded, CROWNED, Another Dimension, Under My Control, Mind in a Program or just PROGRAM.

Heck just remix any modern Kirby final boss theme and I'd go nuts.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like Kirby a lot, so I wouldn't mind a lot more added from it. Bandana dee, Susie, Adelaine, the animal characters, alot of it :D
Maybe even some more of the bosses either as assists or part of stage or boss fights.

D

Deleted member

Here a video I found of meta knight singing from kirby 25 anniversary!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I'm feeling very confident and excited about BD's inclusion at this point. I'm trying to be hopeful and cautious at the same time, which is a difficult balance to perfect.. Haha.

So, I'm certain some of you may have suggested this, but who else feels like this would be the perfect track for his reveal:

They also just HAVE to include an image of Marth, BD, and Simon just about to throw his axe all together on screen!

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
I dont think Dark Meta Knight will give BD any competition. While Lucina and Dark Pit were exclusively Sakurai and his teams choice from smash 4, Ultimate's echo choices are more geared towards choosing characters tons of people want but wouldn't make it in due to time/work constraints. Chrom and Dark Samus were both fairly requested characters according to Sakurai. And while Dark Meta Knight has made a reappearance in Star Allies like most kirby characters have, I dont think his fan base would be even close to give him any right to be in. If it was a costume for Meta Knight maybe, but while I dont doubt DMK has his fans, I have a hard time imagining he would be even close to the others that have been chosen so far.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling like the only Kirby character that fans wouldn't be upset about if they were included in Super Smash Bros. instead of Bandana Dee is Adeleine, because of Brawl in the Family...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I get the feeling like the only Kirby character that fans wouldn't be upset about if they were included in Super Smash Bros. instead of Bandana Dee is Adeleine, because of Brawl in the Family...
DON'T THEY F****** DARE

If we get that stupid overhyped trash in Smash before Bandana Dee, I'm gonna riot

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Nah...

Before Star Allies she appeared in one game. (Two games if you think her and Ado from DL3 are the same character) And she's just a sidecharacter in said game. BitF or not, putting her in instead of Dee would be redeeculous to me.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, OK. Maybe I'm misrepresenting the overall Kirby fandom. I was a member of the BitForums (before they were shut down...), and Brawl in the Family always seemed really popular to me. (Especially Waluigi.)

D

Deleted member

I mean Bandana Dee himself had a significant role in BitF (even before RtDL, if I remember correctly), so that hardly changes anything.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I won't lie, Adeleine is my preferred Kirby newcomer choice lol.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I was going to say... why not both? But according to Vergeben, that point is apparently not accurate, so...

Then again, I find it hard to trust him sometimes and I generally try to avoid trusting people who claim to have leaked content as much as I can...

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I was going to say... why not both? But according to Vergeben, that point is apparently not accurate, so...

Then again, I find it hard to trust him sometimes and I generally try to avoid trusting people who claim to have leaked content as much as I can, so...
That post was a photoshop. Last he posted was about Ken over a day ago (check his post history), and if he deleted it, it means that he wasn't sure about his claim to begin with most likely.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That post was a photoshop. Last he posted was about Ken over a day ago, and if he deleted it, it means that he wasn't sure about his claim to begin with most likely.
Was it really now? Well, that's certainly interesting: it hurts his credibility if anything.

Still, my point from before stands: I think Bandana Waddle Dee and Adeleine should both get in, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Maybe even some more of the bosses either as assists or part of stage or boss fights.

When it comes to characters, I only want Bandana Dee with the rest being bonuses.
For bosses, I only have one request really, being Galacta Knight. I just want to hear his hype theme, OK? :p

As for Adeline, I wouldn't add her before Bandana Dee. Despite the popularity she has from BitF, she only appeared in one game before Star Allies? Come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

Nice shop, /v/
Is someone really so desperate to disprove Bandana Dee they feel the need to photoshop fake proof? This just goes to show how popular and likely Bandana Dee is. They see him as a threat. Obviously, Bandana Dee is going to get in before any other Kirby character. His popularity and relevance is unrivaled. I really wouldn't worry about his chances. He's been the biggest lock since the Inklings. I would be extremely surprised if he's left out.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Is someone really so desperate to disprove Bandana Dee they feel the need to photoshop fake proof? This just goes to show how popular and likely Bandana Dee is. They see him as a threat. Obviously, Bandana Dee is going to get in before any other Kirby character. His popularity and relevance is unrivaled. I really wouldn't worry about his chances. He's been the biggest lock since the Inklings. I would be extremely surprised if he's left out.
About that, I've been thinking.
The competition in terms of non-echo first party characters is heavily dwindling.
When considering that the smash ballot is most likely being used for at least the majority of the new characters in Ultimate, I can name only 6 first party characters, including Bandana Dee, I feel have a chance of getting in. (Bandana Dee = Isaac > Skull Kid >= Paper Mario >= a Rhythm Heaven character > a Pokémon character in terms of chances, I feel.)

Considering Sakurai's had to go through hell and back to get everyone, including third parties, back, I feel like he'll have made a pragmatic decision and not include more than one new unique third party (not counting Simon), 2 echoes if we're lucky to minimize licensing issues getting in way of development.

...I've told myself numerous times that there was no way in hell that Bandana Dee's being left out, but after thinking about it, I realised I still had a few remaining doubts, all of which are gone now.

He's making it in.
I'm more than confident in it now, I feel like I just KNOW IT at this point.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Guys, as good as it is to see a lot of you are strongly confident, as am I, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Being 'certain' is a surefire way to lead ourselves to disappointment if he doesn't make it in. Not to knock on them, but the Ashley thread built themselves up to a lofty level of certainty that came crashing down pretty hard. It's best we keep an open mind and not react too vehemently if Bandana Dee doesn't get it, the possibility does exist he just might not make the cut. I'd love him to, but nothing is set in stone.

Plus, keep in mind, up until the project plan was developed, Bandana Dee had only really appeared in Super Star/Ultra, Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Rainbow Curse (not counting the cameo in Mass Attack). That's only half of his notable appearances, the other 4 were after the project plan was finalized in late 2015. Fan demand or not, Sakurai may just not find him important enough, or not want to venture that far out of his Kirby comfort zone. On top of that, the major characters so far (Ridley, K. Rool) and some of the other ballot choices (Geno, Banjo) have had support for years and years, Bandana Dee has only been popular for about four, five years tops.

I really don't want bring anyone down, I want to see him in Smash as well, but just don't act like he's certain. It's not a good mindset to keep.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Guys, as good as it is to see a lot of you are strongly confident, as am I, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Being 'certain' is a surefire way to lead ourselves to disappointment if he doesn't make it in. Not to knock on them, but the Ashley thread built themselves up to a lofty level of certainty that came crashing down pretty hard. It's best we keep an open mind and not react too vehemently if Bandana Dee doesn't get it, the possibility does exist he just might not make the cut. I'd love him to, but nothing is set in stone.

Plus, keep in mind, up until the project plan was developed, Bandana Dee had only really appeared in Super Star/Ultra, Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Rainbow Curse (not counting the cameo in Mass Attack). That's only half of his notable appearances, the other 4 were after the project plan was finalized in late 2015. Fan demand or not, Sakurai may just not find him important enough, or not want to venture that far out of his Kirby comfort zone. On top of that, the major characters so far (Ridley, K. Rool) and some of the other ballot choices (Geno, Banjo) have had support for years and years, Bandana Dee has only been popular for about four, five years tops.

I really don't want bring anyone down, I want to see him in Smash as well, but just don't act like he's certain. It's not a good mindset to keep.
You bring up fair points, and I appreciate you for doing so. And while there is a good chance I'm setting myself up for disappointment, I'll eat my words like I'm supposed to should it happen, but I'm personally way too convinced at this point to turn back, as I feel there's still plenty going for him.

I'm going to love the game regardless, Bandana Dee or not. I'd still like to see him, and that bias may be part of me being this convinced. But again, should he not be in (which I, personally, find unlikely at this point), then so be it.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

As you can probably tell from my avatar, I was a big supporter of Ashley (and still am for DLC), but even while I was still confident in her chances, I always believed Bandana Dee was waaay ahead of her in likelihood. There were also some major flaws with our so called "proof" of her playability. A lot of her promotion, hype, and popularity really only started picking up after the project plan, and WarioWare hadn't had a new game since 2013. It's fair to say we overestimated her chances quite a bit.

Bandana Dee, on the other hand, was very relevant and immensely popular during the time when fighters were being considered. Kirby is a huge series (especially in Japan), and he probably was one of the top contenders in the ballot along with all the veterans and K Rool. Even if we take out the ballot, he would've still had a real strong chance to make it anyway. He also has more proof within Ultimate itself. Him being missing in Dedede's final smash I'd say increases his chances quite a bit. It doesn't make sense not to include a fan favorite character in an area where he could easily cameo. The Kawasaki assist is also slightly suspicious. Due to the ballot, Sakurai obviously knows he's popular. If he's still unsure about including him at that point, he could always contact HAL Laboratory about it. I'm sure they'd tell Sakurai the future they plan for him.

The one thing I worry about is that Sakurai believes he really is just a hat goomba. I'd like to think not, but he did hold Ridley's size against him up until now. Then again, these are drastically different situations considering Sakurai didn't think it was possible to add Ridley while Bandana Dee would work just fine.

I agree we shouldn't be one hundred percent certain. That will only make us take him possibly be in disconfirmed harder. We should stay very confident in his chances though, and we should be disappointed if he's left out. He one hundred percent deserves his spot and has everything going for him.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
Yeah I think setting our selves up for dissapointment is bad, but being hopeful is sooo much better. I’m an optimist so I take all the info and scraps of evidence we have and hold onto them. I will say this, there are about 10 or so assist trophies that haven’t been seen yet, so another deconformation wave will be upon us soon. Let’s all just hope for the best!

StormC

Smash Hero
I said it in another thread, but I genuinely try to look at Smash speculation objectively. Sometimes I have misfires, in part due to lack of info:

-Figured Takamaru was next to a shoo-in due to lack of obvious retro candidates, but it turns out Ultimate's roster is a very different beast from Melee-4
-Didn't expect more than few more echoes
-Thought Ashley had a decent chance of making it in due to Japanese popularity and a suspicious amount of promotion during 2015, turns out she probably wasn't enough of a heavyweight in a game full of them (not literally) in a post-Simon/K. Rool world

On the other hand, for K. Rool, I had been pretty adamant that he would probably make it in since E3, and I was rewarded for my faith.

I was a tad more optimistic on Bandana Dee's chances before this last Direct, but I would say he still has a better chance than the vast majority of candidates left. He should have enough ballot attention, especially thanks to Japan, to get noticed by Sakurai, and perhaps that is enough for him to overcome his biases with the Kirby series. I am worried he might not be one of those "hype" choices that seem to fill up the roster so far, but maybe they don't all have to be 10/10 break the internet level characters. Maybe Bandana Dee is just fine as he is.

All we can do is hope for the best. I think it's pretty much equally likely and unlikely that he's in the game. If both him and Isaac miss out, I'd be shocked.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I know it's a hard pill to swallow but those things happen but we do have to keep a leveled head even if he is not playable. All I ask honestly if for our Boi to at least get something.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Kirby games being developed at the same time might have nudged Sakurai like “hey bandana dee is a large character put him in” to sakurai

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I am worried he might not be one of those "hype" choices that seem to fill up the roster so far
Based on what? As far as Japan is concerned there aren't any hype characters at all outside of Inklings in the game atm. Bandana Dee utterly destroys most of the newcomers in terms of hype appeal to those guys. We need to remember that the modestly sized group of american smash fans that meme up Ridley and K.Rool do not represent the entire worldwide fanbase.

StormC

Smash Hero
Based on what? As far as Japan is concerned there aren't any hype characters at all outside of Inklings in the game atm. Bandana Dee utterly destroys most of the newcomers in terms of hype appeal to those guys. We need to remember that the modestly sized group of american smash fans that meme up Ridley and K.Rool do not represent the entire worldwide fanbase.
K. Rool was massively popular in Japan, even moreso than Bandana Dee. K. Rool was the #1 trending Japanese hashtag on Twitter when he was announced. There are countless videos of Japanese fans losing their minds watching his trailer. So it isn't like they were totally left in the dust.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
K. Rool was massively popular in Japan
Absolutely not. The character was only discussed and expected due to the western smash community i.e. you people simply being that insanely LOUD. Like Ridley, they assumed Rool was in simply because the western demand was too vocal to ignore. Also anything and everything Smash related will trend on Japan's twitter as gaming is by far the most popular hobby in the country and the switch is the huge trendy device ON TOP OF Smash's inherent status.

StormC

Smash Hero
Absolutely not. The character was only discussed and expected due to the western smash community i.e. you people simply being that insanely LOUD. Like Ridley, they assumed Rool was in simply because the western demand was too vocal to ignore. Also anything and everything Smash related will trend on Japan's twitter as gaming is by far the most popular hobby in the country and the switch is the huge trendy device ON TOP OF Smash's inherent status.
DKC is very popular in Japan. The cartoon was very popular there and well remembered by fans. K. Rool has been a longtime request in Japan, since at least pre-Smash 4. Ask people who actually speak Japanese and browse Japanese forums like Pushdustin and ChronoBound if you don't believe me.

K. Rool's Japanese trailer has orders of magnitude more views than Simon Belmont's despite coming out at the same time.

Or you can just live in denial, like you were so adamant about K. Rool not being in before. It's up to you, man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom