• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
The 'hatred' between characters of the same series is likely just a side product of how tight the newcomer spots will be this time. If this was like Brawl or Smash 4, where we could expect 15 or so characters, im sure everyone would be much more relaxed. Simple fact is, unless your character is an easy to make echo, their chances are severely low. And its very unlikely for kirby to get more then 2 reps this game, so Marx fans probably feel like they have direct competition from BD

A character I would actually love to see in Smash is Porky, just to round out the villains in smash, but I dont feel he has a great chance mostly cause I dont know if he would of scored that high in the ballot, which is probably where most of the picks are coming from. Personally, Geno and Isacc feel like fairly safe picks. Im hoping Bandanna Dee makes the cut, i just have no idea when his popularity started, so I hope it was early enough for his consideration.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
When it comes to haters I always find they think us wanting a character makes them think we don’t want their character to get in and they get defensive. I always try kill em with kindness and say that both characters deserve to be in. But if they are still being a jerk. I just ignore them and let them go off for whatever reason.
I figure it's just that they know spaces are limited and on some level they recognize that a character they don't care about could be getting in over one they do care about. So they try to belittle those characters and say they're not important.

However if the exit poll is any indication of the overall ballot result, characters like Bandana Dee, Isaac, Geno and Banjo & Kazooie were popular.....and frankly I think that's the most importance any character could have, people actually wanting them.

(and considering the way newcomers have been going so far, I think Sakurai feels the same)

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I'm ashamed to admit, I was part of that bandwagon back then. Mostly, it was because I was just excited about Marx in Star Allies, then I just happened to see his thread while visiting here, and I ended up thinking "Oh man, what if Marx was in Smash?" But after Sakurai dropped the "don't expect too many" bombshell, and showed fan favorites were the focus, it became immediately apparent Marx had no chance. Like, instantly. Then I just sort of...dropped off. I would still say I support him, but not strongly. A boss role would suit him better.

I don't recall the Marx supporters hating on Bdee, though...that was a thing? I must have left before that happened...
I think it’s moreso that people think Bandana Dee’s a “terrible choice” in regards to Kirby characters. And usually their first example of a “good choice” that’s brought up tends to be Marx since he’s arguably the most popular choice after Dee in the west. (Or probably Magolor in Japan)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’ve personally seen Bandana Dee as the most likely character since the Memoryman3 leak where he found 2 Waddle Dee Amiibos. He may be a crazy Daisy fan, but he got her right, so I trust him with the Waddle Dee info. Plus, if he was really that crazy, why mention the Dee along with Daisy?
He IS that crazy, my guess is that it was to get Bandana Dee fans to support Daisy. The guy has no record of datamining and no experienced dataminer has been able to find what memoryman claimed he found, and considering memoryman has also disagreed on specs with Digital Foundry because "I counted the pixels on the screen", that should say enough about the lunatic

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He IS that crazy, my guess is that it was to get Bandana Dee fans to support Daisy. The guy has no record of datamining and no experienced dataminer has been able to find what memoryman claimed he found, and considering memoryman has also disagreed on specs with Digital Foundry because "I counted the pixels on the screen", that should say enough about the lunatic
nothing in the world could make this bandana dee fan support daisy

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
It might be worth looking at though, as Papa Geno says, the craziest fans usually are the ones who look really deeply into things to try to find something. The fact that he’d even mention Waddle Dee at all is surprising as he is known to be obsessed with only Daisy, so it’s kind of a weird leak.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It might be worth looking at though, as Papa Geno says, the craziest fans usually are the ones who look really deeply into things to try to find something. The fact that he’d even mention Waddle Dee at all is surprising as he is known to be obsessed with only Daisy, so it’s kind of a weird leak.
Again, it was likely an attempt to get Bandana Dee fans to defend Daisy, the guy belongs in a mental asylum and nobody who actually knows what they're doing can seem to find what he did. The psychopath didn't find anything. End of. If Bandana Dee is in the game, it's not because that abomination found it

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Again, it was likely an attempt to get Bandana Dee fans to defend Daisy, the guy belongs in a mental asylum and nobody who actually knows what they're doing can seem to find what he did. The psychopath didn't find anything. End of. If Bandana Dee is in the game, it's not because that abomination found it
OK, I had faith in the Dee way before his ‘leak’ anyway, so one leak being disproven really doesn’t shake up his chances for me.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I didn't mean to make you pessimistic or anything, just to let you know that the scumbag shouldn't be listened to as he's a lying pervert at best
I’m not pessimistic, I always believed in Bandana Dee, so while some leaks with him may be fake, I don’t think that in any way demeans his chances as he was a top dog on the ballot and an important member of the Kirby crew that is missing as of right now.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Regardless of Memoryman's "datamine", Bandana Dee was very highly requested during the Smash ballot, especially in Japan. I'm very certain he will be one of the characters revealed next month, so I don't think we have to worry.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I’m loving the characterization of Memoryman as a complete Daisy supporting lunatic going on, it’s hilarious. In any case even without the leak I think BD’s chances remained largely the same.

Given it wouldn't be too hard to make DMK an echo of MK, I'd say Kirby could get 2 reps.
I’m with you on this one. Obviously we can’t gauge this until Meta Knight’s remaining costumes are revealed, but I’m saying Dark Meta Knight is an echo. He was important enough to reference in Sm4sh, and given his appearance in Triple Deluxe I think he’s in.

People will disagree with me here but Samus’ Dark alt was gone in the demo, and in turn Dark Samus was revealed. As much as I like Galacta I can understand to an extent (his lance, shield, and wings are too different) but DMK has no excuse here, so I’m saying he’s got a good shot.

Oh yeah.. this is the Bandana Dee thread. My bad.

Edit: Sorry about the double post, mobile posting problems.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I’m loving the characterization of Memoryman as a complete Daisy supporting lunatic going on, it’s hilarious. In any case even without the leak I think BD’s chances remained largely the same.

I’m with you on this one. Obviously we can’t gauge this until Meta Knight’s remaining costumes are revealed, but I’m saying Dark Meta Knight is an echo. He was important enough to reference in Sm4sh, and given his appearance in Triple Deluxe I think he’s in.

People will disagree with me on this one but Samus’ Dark alt was gone in the demo, and in turn Dark Samus was revealed. As much as I like Galacta I can understand to an extent (his lance, shield, and wings are too different) but DMK has no excuse here, so I’m saying he’s got a good shot.

Oh yeah.. this is the Bandana Dee thread. My bad.
Oh no, I'm not jokingly making fun of him for his obsession, I'm saying that as he sends viruses to people he doesn't like, DMs people on twitter demanding feet pics, defended Logan Paul's dead body stunt by saying he'd do the same as it's 'interesting', yells that people are looney leftists for saying "Recording a dead body is a terrible thing ti do" and threatened my safety

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oh no, I'm not jokingly making fun of him for his obsession, I'm saying that as he sends viruses to people he doesn't like, DMs people on twitter demanding feet pics, defended Logan Paul's dead body stunt by saying he'd do the same as it's 'interesting', yells that people are looney leftists for saying "Recording a dead body is a terrible thing ti do" and threatened my safety
Wow really? I had no idea it went that far. I just figured he was a nutty Daisy fan, but that takes the cake, surprised with GameFAQs' lack of leniency he's still on there. Either way his view of Bandana Dee's chances really isn't important, I think we can all agree he's got enough firepower on his own grounds.

StormC

Smash Hero
Memoryman antagonizes fans of literally any character that isn't Daisy. And sometimes other Daisy fans as well.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Memoryman more like
Please wipe this man from my memory.

Seriously though, I'm still feeling confident about Bandana Dee's inclusion even without "Amiibo data" (assuming he didn't make it up).
The stars are aligning for him, and I'll be damn surprised if he isn't playable.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’ll be so shocked if Bandana Dee doesn’t make it this time, he has a lot going for him.

-Already has a viable moveset to build from.
-First Spear user
-Highly requested in both Japan and West.
-Part of the main Kirby cast.
-Sakurai’s heavy Kirby content in Smash being the creator himself.

Nothing is going against him, he’s either playable or not.

StormC

Smash Hero
I’ll be so shocked if Bandana Dee doesn’t make it this time, he has a lot going for him.

-Already has a viable moveset to build from.
-First Spear user
-Highly requested in both Japan and West.
-Part of the main Kirby cast.
-Sakurai’s heavy Kirby content in Smash being the creator himself.

Nothing is going against him, he’s either playable or not.
The fact that Sakurai rarely steps out of his comfort zone for Kirby gives me a little fear. But I do agree either he’s playable or a collectible trophy; I really doubt he’s an Assist at this point.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
The fact that Sakurai rarely steps out of his comfort zone for Kirby gives me a little fear. But I do agree either he’s playable or a collectible trophy; I really doubt he’s an Assist at this point.
But even so I think he's going to listen to the people on this one and give us a post-2003 Kirby reference.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
this past week feels like an eternity with my computer finally turning in to a potato and the very small updates we are getting for smash. im just hoping the next month we get another direct. but that's just me getting really greedy.

With the Kirby content we got so far I'd say mr. Sakurai is not ignoring modern kirby games just looking as back as smash 4 with Kirby's final smash heck even DeDeDe's final smash also. I think if anything the new kirby content will get a big reveal. you never know I think we may get 2 characters. DK will almost certainly get Dixie. Let's not forget Metroid got 2 new reps even if 1 is an echo literally. and I think us kirby fans HAVE been pestering him for modern Kirby content. If taken this iteration of smash it is fan demand and Kirby fans have been starving for Kirby content just the same as both Metriod and DK fans. It's just a (dark) matter of time.

B’Nana

Smash Cadet
This is so DEEtailed. My main question is “Waddle I DEEo without him?” I’m being Spearious. He’s DEE only DeeLC character I want. Others want 3rd-parDEE characters from KonamDEE or Bandani Namco, but he’s Dee only one I DEEm worthy.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is so DEEtailed. My main question is “Waddle I DEEo without him?” I’m being Spearious. He’s DEE only DeeLC character I want. Others want 3rd-parDEE characters from KonamDEE or Bandani Namco, but he’s Dee only one I DEEm worthy.
DEEz puns are disgusting, it's DOO-time for you to stop, or else you'll be band(ana)

D

Deleted member

What modern kirby music would all of you like to see remix in the smash bros ultimate?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What modern kirby music would all of you like to see remix in the smash bros ultimate?
Galacta Knight would be neat to hear. I've seen Smash drastically change songs, and it'd be neat hearing it in a different style.

Also I'd love to hear the Sectonia theme, the Dark Matter Robobot theme, and Patched Plains/The Noble Haltmann.

B’Nana

Smash Cadet
Galacta Knight would be neat to hear. I've seen Smash drastically change songs, and it'd be neat hearing it in a different style.

Also I'd love to hear the Sectonia theme, the Dark Matter Robobot theme, and Patched Plains/The Noble Haltmann.
P.R.O.G.R.A.M. from Robobo

StormC

Smash Hero
Galacta Knight’s theme seems like a no brainer, but then it wasn’t in Smash 4 either...

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
this past week feels like an eternity with my computer finally turning in to a potato and the very small updates we are getting for smash. im just hoping the next month we get another direct. but that's just me getting really greedy.

With the Kirby content we got so far I'd say mr. Sakurai is not ignoring modern kirby games just looking as back as smash 4 with Kirby's final smash heck even DeDeDe's final smash also. I think if anything the new kirby content will get a big reveal. you never know I think we may get 2 characters. DK will almost certainly get Dixie. Let's not forget Metroid got 2 new reps even if 1 is an echo literally. and I think us kirby fans HAVE been pestering him for modern Kirby content. If taken this iteration of smash it is fan demand and Kirby fans have been starving for Kirby content just the same as both Metriod and DK fans. It's just a (dark) matter of time.
I feel like if we get two new Kirby characters, I'll have to agree with Shiny Porygon Shiny Porygon and bet on Dark Meta Knight being the second (as much as I'd like Magolor, he'd be another unique fighter and I don't think we're getting two unique newcomers from the same series in the base game). Even if he probably didn't get a ton of support in the ballot, he had been relevant thanks to Triple Deluxe. Galacta Knight and Morpho Knight have something going against them. The former having the aforementioned lance and shield, on top of being present through one of Meta Knight's costumes. Morpho Knight, meanwhile, despite his design existing for a looooooooong time, the character itself is only very recent, even moreso than the highly requested Springman and Rex, the only way Sakurai would've agreed with Morpho is if he had knowledge that HAL would be using his design for Star Allies two years prior to its release, which I find very doubtful.

...And there's really no one that would work as a Dedede or Kirby echo. Even their mirror world counterparts aren't really as well known as DMK I'd think. (And Gooey wouldn't work for Kirby since he doesn't have limbs.)

Oh right, uhhh, modern Kirby Songs.
Give me Star Dream phase 1 or give me death.
Also Masked Dedede would be cool.
Throw CROWNED or Under My Control in there for good measure, as well.
Or almost anything from Battle Royale.
Or many things from rainbow cu- WHY DOES KIRBY HAVE SUCH A GOOD SONG COLLECTION?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
So much Kirby music to go with. I'm going to go with C-R-O-W-N-E-D, Galacta Knight, Drawcia Sorceress,, the Zero Two & Miracle Matter Medley, History of Dedede, Sullied Grace from Triple Deluxe.

There is just too many good songs to have.

How many Kirby tracks have we had in Smash Bros?

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
So much Kirby music to go with. I'm going to go with C-R-O-W-N-E-D, Galacta Knight, Drawcia Sorceress,, the Zero Two & Miracle Matter Medley, History of Dedede, Sullied Grace from Triple Deluxe.

There is just too many good songs to have.

How many Kirby tracks have we had in Smash Bros?
And Moonstruck Blossom, don't forget that one

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Quite a few...
Mind in a PROGRAM is probably the one I want in the most, it's probably my favorite Kirby Final Boss theme, along with Moonstruck Blossom, which is another one I want in (I like "The World to Win" but I just think Moonstruck Blossom is better).

Aside from final boss themes, I love Sky Tower from RtDL, Patched Plains would be pleasant, Dededestroyer Z because I think it's one of the best renditions of the Dedede Theme (And it would go amazingly with his new FS), Friendly Fields, Kirby's Curtain Call, among others.

Dreamking Dreamking is definitely right, there's just so much good Kirby music. Also, counting every Kirby track that's been in Smash (Including the ones that weren't in Smash 4) there's been 33 tracks (Not counting the City Trial remix), with 39 Kirby tracks in total for Ultimate. I don't think every track from all the previous games will come back in Ultimate, so I'm hoping that'll leave room for some great modern Kirby tunes.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think we would get a Dark Meta Knight echo because so far echoes have been fan favorites. Dark Meta Knight... uh, isn't that.

Top Bottom