• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Yeah, it kind of looks like Dark Meta Knight upside down, but that isn't who it is, I've figured it out guys
Jigglypuff Dream Friend confirmed.png
The silhouette matches up, it's confirmed.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it kind of looks like Dark Meta Knight upside down, but that isn't who it is, I've figured it out guys
The silhouette matches up, it's confirmed.
BULLP00P; Jigglypuff is a 2nd-Party Nintendo character; from Pokemon; and NOT A First-Party Kirby-series character; as such, WILL have a less than 0% chance of appearing as a Dream Friend in Star Allies!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
BULLP00P; Jigglypuff is a 2nd-Party Nintendo character; from Pokemon; and NOT A First-Party Kirby-series character; as such, WILL have a less than 0% chance of appearing as a Dream Friend in Star Allies!!
It's a reference to the Pokemon anime, where a puzzle showing a silhouetted ball-shaped Pokemon was given the nonsensical answer of "a Jigglypuff, as seen from above".

Troykv

Smash Master
I would like to know if Dark Meta Knight would actually use the same battle stance that Meta Knight or not... because if that is the case... then the secret character would be.. Daraoch?

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
It's a reference to the Pokemon anime, where a puzzle showing a silhouetted ball-shaped Pokemon was given the nonsensical answer of "a Jigglypuff, as seen from above".
that was different; Jigglypuff DID look enough like a ball for that gag to work; UNLIKE HERE, WHERE THE SHAPE WAS A SQUID-LIKE Shape shown HERE!!!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
that was different; Jigglypuff DID look enough like a ball for that gag to work; UNLIKE HERE, WHERE THE SHAPE WAS A SQUID-LIKE Shape shown HERE!!!
I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Either way ,it was just a joke. And obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Kinda like this image
who-amp-039-s-that-pokemon_o_2724665.jpg

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
So I thought it would be worth mentioning to my fellow Kirby fans that last night I had a dream where I found amiibo of Gooey and Chef Kawasaki but the Gooey amiibo was actually terrible because it looked like this

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Jigglypuff+doesnt+look+round+from+above+_4a83e2bfb95e6b7e43237d33d1318870.png

Best part is that the circle shape never fit either, she was never round even when seen from above, that's right, Pokemon lied to us all!
So I thought it would be worth mentioning to my fellow Kirby fans that last night I had a dream where I found wild amiibo of Chef Kawasaki and Gooey but the Gooey amiibo was actually terrible because it looked like this
It looks like what would happen if Gooey tried to make the amiibo himself lol.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, I personally think it was kinda biased.
And also had some errors, like Kirby not fighting Dee (SSU), or Dee using things from other Waddle Dees, like parasol (ignoring BD used the parasol too), or Dedede's moveset changes (the reason of the lack of Waddle Dees is probably balance or that the 3DS couldn't handle it, specially the Final Smash, but that is just speculation.), also, they changed a lot more than just those Special Moves.

Oh, also that part where he compares Dee to characters like Impa, Mipha and the now dead Krystal?
What? Those are kind of nobodies or non important characters.

They talk more about Waddle Dees as a species than Bandana Dee as a character tbh.

"Bandana Dee's appeal is too limited", then why is he one of the most wanted characters?
Like they make an entire moveset for Toad with his backpack and silly items, but then Bandana Dee only has a spear and if he borrows something from other character then it is wrong? And he doesn't even borrow anything because he used Parasol in Battle Royale? I'm just confused.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter, the roster was already decided.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
WTF was that half ***ed reasoning at the end?
Rough break. Sorry Dee fans.

I don't particularly want Bandana Dee or Captain Toad in the next Smash but if I had to pick one of them I'd pick B.W.D.

At least Dee doesn't have a voice that makes me want to rip my own ears off. Seriously, Captain Toad can eat a ****.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Rough break. Sorry Dee fans.

I don't particularly want Bandana Dee or Captain Toad in the next Smash but if I had to pick one of them I'd pick B.W.D.

At least Dee doesn't have a voice that makes me want to rip my own ears off. Seriously, Captain Toad can eat a ****.
"Rough break" is quite a strong word.

Us Bandana Dee loyalists probably won't be deterred by some "analysis" on the Internet. And even, so, those are not the analysis stuffs that Gamexplain excels at (which the TRAILER analyses)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yeah, sorry. Both Captain Toad and Bandana Dee deserve to be on the roster IMO.

Or at the very least treated the same. Captain Toad has a game under his belt, but Dee has put in more than enough appearences to prove his worth.

The video gave dee-cent points on both sides(for the most part until the last argument which felt weak) but then the final judgement seemed to be a bit half assed.

Found it weird the one trying to keep Captain Toad out of Smash was the guy trying to get Dee in though. Both have the same arguments levied against them of 'generic NPC in hat' after all...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It was actually a good video until the end, I disliked how incredibly one sided the Captain Toad one was. Which just makes Bandana Dees lost even worst because how similar it is.

It's so flawed, I expect better from them.

D

Deleted member

Im a supporter of BWD, but 3 argument that the game explain team didn't present was the case of how implementation would have worked in his favor, hals recent push for him, and not including the smash ballot and fan service.
Im no game developer, and im sure as hell am no sakurai, but wouldnt it be easier to add in BWD, since they already have a working rigged model, and several bits of animations, of Waddle Dees. They have both high quality models thanks to Dedede entrance and win screen, smash run uses both parasol WD and waddle doos(and even if smash run dosent return they still have the animations of those enemies), and possible leftover bits of animations from dededes old side smash and final smash.
Imho, they would just need to gather all of those things together, polish the animations bits, or use kirby as a base to finish some animation, and slap a bandana on his head and thats like a good portion of his implementations finished by using old resources. While the counter argument could be made that sakurai may not like the idea of reusing old assets to being in characters, smash has had a history of utilizing old assets (be it clones, captain falcon reusing an okd character model in the 1st pitch of smash bros, wireframes, ect.)
Hal also has push the character in almost every game. While its ultimately up to sakurai to decide to put him in or not(or in the case of Corrin, have no choice but to do it) there push for the character over the years has not gone unnoticed, even if people want to act like he isnt anything special (see resetera reaction to the video).
They negeleted fan service and the smash ballot as well is a problem. While he may or may not have been the highest in the ballot, he was most likely the most popular kirby character during the ballot. And thanks to source gaming, we know that the ballot will be used to determine the roster for future entries. I felt as though this point could have brought up a good argument for the character(and future characters that relate to this) but that they didnt felt like a wasted oppritunity.
I know allot of effort has been put into these videos and its a wip but man, i am not feeling these at all. Its already one thing that i dislike people speculating characters and saying words like "deserving" to justify a character to be in or not, but its worse when people of considerable influences(ala youtubers) do it. It brings unneeded conflict within the community and Knowing the smash fan base they will(and already have) taken these video seriously. And to me... Its tiring to see these arguments time and again from the community thinking that they know what nintendo will do with this game, when we all know this is the most unpredictable smash game to date, and most likely the community's conceptions of characters are almost always destroyed(have we learn nothing from "too sexy for smash", "no guns in smash", "must have a major role in an nintendo game", "4 characters per series", and chrom.)

As a final note lets all remember that not 1 person or group of people have a final say in the smash brothers. At the end of the day gameexplain, while i dont agree with the video verdict, nor am i a fan of these types of videos, are just youtubers on the internet expressing there opinions. Sakurai will do what he wants and what he wants to do is please the fans(not to sound like he only lives to serve, but to satisfy as many people as possible), and the opinions of people like youtubers, reddit members, smashboards, twitter, gamefaqs users*, and resetera* are just a very small part of the nintendo community as a whole, no matter how bad they are (especially those with * have very VERY terrbile taste).

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
We will have to read things like Bandana Dee is generic/boring/unimportant/fodder until he actually is playable in Smash, then most people will forget all that and respect the character only because of that appearance.

Happens with most characters before they get into Smash, it's like Smash is the thing that makes characters important or popular for some people.

A lot of people hated Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta or the clones, but now they think they shouldn't leave because they hate cuts and all that.

It's pretty dumb tbh, but it happens.

The best example of this is Wolf.
Both one of the most hated characters during Brawl speculation and now one of the most wanted characters for Smash Switch lol.

Krystal was, by far, more wanted than him and now, where is she?
People would bring back Wolf before adding Krystal, only because he was a veteran, and not any veteran, a semiclone.
People would prefer a semiclone back instead of a probably totally unique character only thanks to its veteran status.

Same with Roy, a bottom tier clone, that was hated even in the fanbase of his own game, and then in Smash 4 he was added back only thanks to fan demand.

R.O.B. too, it was probably the most hated character during Brawl speculation, but now?
No guys, we can't cut R.O.B. he is iconic and deserving, he represents a crucial part of Nintendo's history, blah blah...

The bandwagon effect is just that powerful lol.

So, if Bandana Dee gets in, prepare for some massive bandwagon.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I support Bandanna Waddle Dee.

Kinda didn’t want to at first but the video made by GameXplain made me want him again, although the final results felt very off.

Same with Roy, a bottom tier clone, that was hated even in the fanbase of his own game, and then in Smash 4 he was added back only thanks to fan demand.
Roy is actual very well recieved in the Japanese Fire Emblem fan base. It’s the Western Fire Emblem fan base that hates him for some reason. IMO, he’s a pretty under appreciated FE lord.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
i honestly dont understand the smash community sometime-well people in general they dont want it, then they do, Its a cycle that perpetuates without a stop and there is no valid reason for it. lets just see how things turn out this E3 which is... sigh* weeks away.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
It was actually a good video until the end, I disliked how incredibly one sided the Captain Toad one was. Which just makes Bandana Dees lost even worst because how similar it is.

It's so flawed, I expect better from them.
Clearly their arguments leave a lot to be Dee-sired. But let's not be Dee-terred by them.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I agree with like this whole page, the end of GameXplain's video super biased and weird, becuZ they point out that he has limited appeal. That could easily be applied to captain toad as well. If anything it kind of sounded like they were saying more people would recognize captain toad as a unique character over bandana waddle Dee when in reality, any average person who's shown either character that casually plays games would assume both of them are generic toads/waddle dees wearing extra clothes.
Edit: Not trying to bash captain toad either but their argument was pretty awkward when it could be applied to either

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wolf was more highly requested among the silent majority. Forum popularity aren't a good reflection of what the "silent majority" wants.
That website never works for me lol.

It just doesn't load entirely.

Captura de pantalla (5).png

Well, sorry if I made a mistake, but I'm also sure I read some time ago that Sakurai talked about Krystal, I don't remember exactly what he said, but then he said Wolf was like 70% clone or something and that he was easier to do lol.

It doesn't really matter tbh, I'm talking about the reactions of the forum people, not the "silent majority".

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Half ***** reasoning
AND IT'S HYPOCRITICAL; AND BIASED TO ALWAYS MAKE DERRICK BITNER END UP LOSING; I HATE HOW THEY'VE SET UP THE SUBTEXTUAL HIDDEN PREMISE THAT JUDGE HAND IS BIASED TO ALWAYS SUPPORT AND CHERRY-PICK AND GIVE THE WINNING VERDICT TOWARDS WHOEVER DERRICK BITNER'S FACING AGAINST; SERIOUSLY; IF I DIDN'T HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH HIS STANCES ON HIS POSITIONS IN THIS SKITS, I WOULDN'T BE SO UPSET; BUT BECAUSE I AGREED WITH DERRICK IN B-O-T-H HIS VIEWPOINTS SUCH AS:
A. CAPTAIN TOAD SHOULDN'T BE IN SMASH
B. BANDANA DEE S-H-O-U-L-D BE IN SMASH

HAVING HIM LOSE, R-E-A-L-L-Y P***ES ME OFF; And What'd make me even MORE Upset, if He ends up winning, and I DON'T Agree with his stance!!

I agree with like this whole page, the end of GameXplain's video super biased and weird, becuZ they point out that he has limited appeal. That could easily be applied to captain toad as well. If anything it kind of sounded like they were saying more people would recognize captain toad as a unique character over bandana waddle Dee when in reality, any average person who's shown either character that casually plays games would assume both of them are heneric toads/waddle dees wearing extra clothes.
Seriously
Yeah, sorry. Both Captain Toad and Bandana Dee deserve to be on the roster IMO.

Or at the very least treated the same. Captain Toad has a game under his belt, but Dee has put in more than enough appearences to prove his worth.

The video gave dee-cent points on both sides(for the most part until the last argument which felt weak) but then the final judgement seemed to be a bit half *****.

Found it weird the one trying to keep Captain Toad out of Smash was the guy trying to get Dee in though. Both have the same arguments levied against them of 'generic NPC in hat' after all...
The thing is I Agree with Derrick's Stance AGAINST Captain Toad in Smash, A-N-D His Stance SUPPORTING Bandana dee in Smash; and It really ticks me off that Derrick loses both times, especially since I Shared those same sentiments for Bandana dee AND Against Captain Toad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
AND IT'S HYPOCRITICAL; AND BIASED TO ALWAYS MAKE DERRICK BITNER END UP LOSING; I HATE HOW THEY'VE SET UP THE SUBTEXTUAL HIDDEN PREMISE THAT JUDGE HAND IS BIASED TO ALWAYS SUPPORT AND CHERRY-PICK AND GIVE THE WINNING VERDICT TOWARDS WHOEVER DERRICK BITNER'S FACING AGAINST; SERIOUSLY; IF I DIDN'T HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH HIS STANCES ON HIS POSITIONS IN THIS SKITS, I WOULDN'T BE SO UPSET; BUT BECAUSE I AGREED WITH DERRICK IN B-O-T-H HIS VIEWPOINTS SUCH AS:

HAVING HIM LOSE, R-E-A-L-L-Y P***ES ME OFF; And What'd make me even MORE Upset, if He ends up winning, and I DON'T Agree with his stance!!
Seriously

The thing is I Agree with Derrick's Stance AGAINST Captain Toad in Smash, A-N-D His Stance SUPPORTING Bandana dee in Smash; and It really ticks me off that Derrick loses both times, especially since I Shared those same sentiments for Bandana dee AND Against Captain Toad!
Try to calm down, and don't double post, it's against the rules of the forum.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Try to calm down, and don't double post, it's against the rules of the forum.
They just seem to have very strong opinions on several matters. Witness the "Which veterans should return or not" thread for another bewitching example. :p

Having opinions isn't a bad thing tbh, but presenting it in an overwhelming manner can stray an auditorium away from one's goal.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Seriously

Try not to post in all capitals. It's bad internet etiquette in general - maybe one or two words could be capitalized if you wanted to emphasize them, but otherwise, it makes the post a pain to read.

Also, there's nothing saying that we can't get both Captain Toad and Bandanna Waddle Dee - I'd love to see both of them, and I feel like they'd make for interesting choices.

CWCPT00

Smash Cadet
What stance did he make against Captain Toad though? He didn’t really get an opportunity to say anything instead of a couple of sentences that were really stupid and don’t make sense, plus, the ‘arguments’ he said could really have been used towards Bandana Dee as well, so I don’t really know on where you are coming from. Also, it’s just a video, it doesn’t mean anything, not everyone wants Bandana Dee in Smash (I want him in though).

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hey guys! There is our secret character!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

I'm so hyped for this! !! !!

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Ooo, that’s pretty cool to see him revealed, I guess they’re gonna make us wait to see any of his moveset, though, huh? The model looks kinda low-poly currently, though, which is especially visible on the ears, I wonder if it’s finished or not.

Although... how has it not occurred to me before that his hands and feet are floating apart from his body...? It’s so weird only figuring that out now, ahaha...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

so they were pull a "jigglypuff seen from above"

cant wait to play as him

D

Deleted member

Daroach is super cool (Squeak Squad was my first Kirby), but for me personally, I'm waiting for two very specific Kirby characters...

SOON.

Top Bottom