• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Do you guys think Bandana Dee would be mute?

Sure, he is mute in almost all games, but in Kirby Battle Royale Waddle Dees make little Inkling like sounds.
And in some videos of the official Kirby account in Twitter, he even has a voice.

I would like him with a voice tbh, mute characters kinda lack personality in Smash.

*Readee.

Looks great!
If they do decide to give him a voice, do you think it'll become cannon in the Kirby universe. Just how bowser Jr is now inseparable from his clown car?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Do you guys think Bandana Dee would be mute?

Sure, he is mute in almost all games, but in Kirby Battle Royale Waddle Dees make little Inkling like sounds.
And in some videos of the official Kirby account in Twitter, he even has a voice.

I would like him with a voice tbh, mute characters kinda lack personality in Smash.
Personally, I'd LOVE for him to be voiced. As @Dragons Kin said, Song of Apple Juice (B.D.'s Image Song) is just WAY too cute for him to NOT have any speaking roles.

I think if they pull anything from Battle Royale for his moveset they should use his voice. I also think they should give him a voice in general after the apple juice song. It was just too cute.
I agree! This'll sound silly, but you wouldn't believe my initial disbelief (which later changed to extreme hype almost instantly) at the news that Bandana Waddle Dee (who doesn't even have a mouth) had an image song that he himself would be singing on the 25th Anniversary music CD.

i think hes be mute, never picked up on him making noise in battle royale
Yeah, he actually makes Inkling-like noises in Battle Royale. In fact, the Inkling-like voice clips that he (and all other Waddle Dees in K.B.R.) uses in Battle Royale are actually reused voice clips from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the first Kirby game in which Bandana Dee would make any peep whatsoever.

If they do decide to give him a voice, do you think it'll become cannon in the Kirby universe. Just how bowser Jr is now inseparable from his clown car?
I REALLY hope so.

Speaking of which, has anyone figured out who voiced Bandana Dee in that Japanese accolades trailer for Kirby Battle Royale? I don't know if that's Makiko Ohmoto talking, or if Nintendo got another voice actress for him.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's a good thing I did a bit of fact checking, because I was about to make a fool of myself I think

He'd probably be mute, but if he got a voice, I highly doubt it will be the one from the games. Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede all have different voice actors I'm pretty sure

D

Deleted member

It's a good thing I did a bit of fact checking, because I was about to make a fool of myself I think
Kirby is voiced by the same actress in every game and Sakurai voiced Dedede in Kirby 64.
Only Meta Knight's voice is completely different (I wish it was the one from the anime).

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Kirby is voiced by the same actress in every game and Sakurai voiced Dedede in Kirby 64.
Only Meta Knight's voice is completely different (I wish it was the one from the anime).
In the Japanese version of Smash, Meta Knight does share his voice with Japanese anime.

Although I couldn't find out if this is also his current voice used in Battle Royale and such

I wish Dedede had his anime voice. That was amazing.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wait...Bandana Dee has a voice? That's news to me.
Yeah, he does! In-game, he (and all other Waddle Dees) seem to have some sort of Inkling-like language.

In terms of him ACTUALLY TALKING, well...

(Not in English, but still adorable as all get-out!)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, he does! In-game, he (and all other Waddle Dees) seem to have some sort of Inkling-like language.

In terms of him ACTUALLY TALKING, well...

(Not in English, but still adorable as all get-out!)

I want him in Smash even more now. Dangit, that voice is adorable! Here's hoping we see him there this E3! :D

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
You've made my day knowing that I am able to share the joy of Bandana Waddle Dee's charm with you, after you initially seemed lost on him. He's got some big shoes to fill!

If my name's not on the support list now, by all means write me in & hand my my inaugural bandana!

D

Deleted member

Just a little pick me up before monday
Lol, I found that just a day or two ago. It's pretty great.

As for what you said about a 3D Kirby in your last post, it's something I've wanted for a long time. Doing it in the style of Amazing Mirror sounds pretty interesting; I'm kinda thinking it'd be like a Kirby version of Mario Odyssey. Kirby could go to large, sandbox style levels and accomplish tasks like fighting Whispy Woods or something like helping a Waddle Dee find his lost parasol.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Lol, I found that just a day or two ago. It's pretty great.

As for what you said about a 3D Kirby in your last post, it's something I've wanted for a long time. Doing it in the style of Amazing Mirror sounds pretty interesting; I'm kinda thinking it'd be like a Kirby version of Mario Odyssey. Kirby could go to large, sandbox style levels and accomplish tasks like fighting Whispy Woods or something like helping a Waddle Dee find his lost parasol.
So how about this dream land 3 style missions. Kirby blow out 3d gameplay. Star Allies engine and multiplayer. Amazing Mirror open world. And 64 style story and dark matter as the villain.

That sounds fun to me.... Now I really want that to come to life

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I can't believe E3 is so close lol.

There is also a new Emily Rogers rumour that says this Smash will have the ultimate roster that will make a lot of fans happy and make them jump out of their chairs.

Hope that includes Bandana Dee.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Been absent from this thread for a while. I'm playing through Star Allies at a Snail's pace, and don't want to be spoiled. but I'm sure I can trust my fellow Bandana Brigade members to not spoil anything.
well, except the dream friend leak. but I already heard about that.
Some cool and some not so cool choices there. hopefully there'll be a wave 4 with Fluff, Qbby and more in it.

the fact E3 is so close and the fact Bandana Dee feels so likely now is getting me really really excited. I don't know if he'll be shown off at E3 (part of me feels like he'd be a secret character not revealed before release for some reason) but it would be neat.

Where did you see this leak about the Ultimate Roster Captain? certainly an exciting claim.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Been absent from this thread for a while. I'm playing through Star Allies at a Snail's pace, and don't want to be spoiled. but I'm sure I can trust my fellow Bandana Brigade members to not spoil anything.
well, except the dream friend leak. but I already heard about that.
Some cool and some not so cool choices there. hopefully there'll be a wave 4 with Fluff, Qbby and more in it.

the fact E3 is so close and the fact Bandana Dee feels so likely now is getting me really really excited. I don't know if he'll be shown off at E3 (part of me feels like he'd be a secret character not revealed before release for some reason) but it would be neat.

Where did you see this leak about the Ultimate Roster Captain? certainly an exciting claim.
In the Smash Switch General discussion thread.

Let me search it for you.

I will post it here when I find it haha.

EDIT:

This is from ResetEra:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...peculation-thread.28895/page-297#post-7874407

And this from a Discord, I think:

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
how well does she know the smash community?
I don't know.

The only thing I know about her is that she leaked real and fake things in the past, so you don't have to believe this 100%.

Lol, this is basically "Literally nothing: the leak", it could mean anything we want it too.
And I want it to mean "Bandana Dee confirmed!"

Best leak ever :awesome:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I want to believe. But I'll take it with a grain of salt. It also worries me about Mr Sakurai's health. The roster must be huge if It's going to make people happy.
I read here that his work schedule is a lot healthier this time around. https://www.thegamer.com/smash-bros...tribution&utm_source=TG-TW&utm_campaign=TG-TW

Making people "happy" is pretty subjective. Though from her context, I'm assuming it's the hype-inducing characters like Ridley/K. Rool/Third Parties. Hopefully her definition of making people happy means Bandana Dee is one of those characters though!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Majaja, jamblast! The closer we get to E3, the more anxious I become when these leaks start surfacing from the woodwork. Anything that gets close to revealing anything important about Smash just hits a little too close to home for me, so I dunno if I'll have to impose another blackout.

Ehn, Emily Roger's rumor is just as substantial as that bogus "huge Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion news on June 9th" rumor from a week or two ago. I sincerely hope this doesn't mean no cuts & roster kudzu. I want Smash 5 to size down & refine the series formula. Not become a bloatfest that makes MvC2 look sober (Smash 4 already beat that roster count too!)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I want to believe. But I'll take it with a grain of salt. It also worries me about Mr Sakurai's health. The roster must be huge if It's going to make people happy.
i dont think people are ever happy

or it just seems that way cause i live in britain

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
No worries, goodsir. Us Americans are getting further & further conditioned to be cynical with our politics.

Do we really want or need beyond 58 characters? Sakurai keeps insisting he's hit the limit of what can be done with the roster size even after he's contradicted his earlier statement before Smash 4 was even announced. I miss the days when Brawl was considered enough for a robust, healthy fighting game.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I read here that his work schedule is a lot healthier this time around. https://www.thegamer.com/smash-bros...tribution&utm_source=TG-TW&utm_campaign=TG-TW

Making people "happy" is pretty subjective. Though from her context, I'm assuming it's the hype-inducing characters like Ridley/K. Rool/Third Parties. Hopefully her definition of making people happy means Bandana Dee is one of those characters though!
Oh Thank God that's the best smash news since the reveal of smash 5

i dont think people are ever happy

or it just seems that way cause i live in britain
Such is life people LOVE to complain no matter what I learn this first hand every God damn day.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Here's something that isn't related to E3, the Kirby Twitter posted some concept art for Star Allies recently and it's pretty cool.
Screenshot_14.png
MOAR concept art.jpg

I like some of these designs more than the final ones if we're being honest. The bottom row for the top image and bottom images are my favorites personally, they still do their part of looking like a evil space eyeball worshipping cult (and I'd argue they do a better job at that than the final designs) while also making every design unique and not like three different Susies lol.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Some of those designs would become an eyesore to watch move for long enough. Not that they're too bad or anything, but a lot of those contrasting colors & dynamic shapes would get obnoxious overtime. The fact that they united them in one outfit type, simplified designs, & relational proportions

Still interesting to see where they took them. I wouldn't mind a couple of those facets coming into them. I'm really digging some of Zan Partizanne & Flamberge's colored bangs & fringes!

Why couldn't they just name Zan Partizanne to Fulgura?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Those concept designs are pretty cool, but, it makes sense why they went for the ones that they did; simpler, standardized outfits fit better with them being considered as generals’ uniforms, plus the dark, plain colors make them not visually drown out Hyness’ simple white robes (they’re supposed to be subservient, after all.)
Anyway, though, who knows, maybe they’ll revisit those designs someday.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Have you guys seen the new Dream Friend tease? Who do you think is in the silhouette?

It's Hard to say. Of the three leaked characters rumoured to be in the next update, it probably looks most like Daroach. But it doesn't really look like any of them in my opinion.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Have you guys seen the new Dream Friend tease? Who do you think is in the silhouette?

It's Hard to say. Of the three leaked characters rumoured to be in the next update, it probably looks most like Daroach. But it doesn't really look like any of them in my opinion.
doesnt really look like anyone, to the kirby wiki time to compare it to some characters

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97

That silhouette looks like Dark Meta Knight to me. With his cape wrapped around himself. Similar to Meta Knight here.

Top Bottom