• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

I started with the original on Gameboy. I still remember the weird commercial where he was white instead of pink and ate some Rambo-looking guy. Kirby 64 is still my favorite though, bringing back mixing powers is what sold me on Star Allies in the first place.
You mean this commercial?
I need to wash my eyes

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
a friend of my brothers lent me the original kirby game so that was my first but the first one i owned was the amazing mirror

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
hey if bandana ends up top tier and banned from tournaments he'll be BANNED-dana dee

...............i'll see myself out

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Are we still doing firsts? Mine was Kirby's Adventure. I have find memories of seeing the airship and pirate ship levels for the first time. And I LOVED the Ball ability.

I just remember it all being so magical, moreso than any other platformer..I love that, even now with Star Allies, Kirby is still giving me that.:)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My first Kirby game (and one of my first games in general) was Kirby Super Star - I loved being able to play co-op, and the variety of abilities was great, even if I mainly wound up spamming bombs. (we managed to stun-lock Dedede with that before we even knew what stun-locking was)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Are we still doing firsts? Mine was Kirby's Adventure. I have find memories of seeing the airship and pirate ship levels for the first time. And I LOVED the Ball ability.

I just remember it all being so magical, moreso than any other platformer..I love that, even now with Star Allies, Kirby is still giving me that.:)
The Ball power is so underrated, I would love to see it return. I wonder what kind of hat Kirby would wear for it.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Has anyone seen the "goomba with a hat" argument at all this year? It seems almost everyone is either "BDee is really cool! I hope he's in!" or "Sure he can be in, he deserves it I guess. I don't really care, but I wouldn't be against it."

It's crazy how much the sentiment towards our boy has changed in 4 to 5 years.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My first Kirby game was Air Rode and my first platformer was Kirby Squeak Squad (which was oddly called Squeak Squad even though it's called mouse attack in my region)

I hold them both close to my heart, especially Squeak Squad, I know it's not exactly a fan favourite but I love it regardless. Hearing Squeak Squad music in Star Allies made my day, even if they weren't remixes.

I hope we Daroach again soon.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
The Ball power is so underrated, I would love to see it return. I wonder what kind of hat Kirby would wear for it.
Ball is a very technical ability, so that might be why it's less popular. But even to today, I still love it.

And it already has a hat, actually--the Kirby's Adventure remake on GBA had Ball, and he wore a knit cap. I don't have the ability to imbed pics ATM, but if you do a search for Ball Kirby, you'll find it right away.

And yes, it's adorable.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle

So my friend went to Nintendo World today for the Kirby Star Allies event. The only coloring pages were of Kirby, MK, Dedede, and Bandana Dee. :o They put his name as Waddle Dee again though.. Seems like they can't make up their mind with his name xD Even the lady that worked there was mad that he was called Waddle Dee :laugh:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Seems that HAL has opted for "Waddle Dee" as his shortform name whereas fans have opted for "Bandana Dee"

Kinda funny how things worked out like that.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

So my friend went to Nintendo World today for the Kirby Star Allies event. The only coloring pages were of Kirby, MK, Dedede, and Bandana Dee. :o They put his name as Waddle Dee again though.. Seems like they can't make up their mind with his name xD Even the lady that worked there was mad that he was called Waddle Dee :laugh:
I'm going to guess Waddle Dee is his official name and the Bandana prefix in Star Allies is simple to differentiate him from Paraol Waddle Dee.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
My first Kirby game was Air Rode and my first platformer was Kirby Squeak Squad (which was oddly called Squeak Squad even though it's called mouse attack in my region)
Oddly enough, I think this is exactly how it was for me! I think squeak squad was borrowed from a friend though, and the first Kirby game I owned and completed was kirby's adventure on Wii virtual console if I'm not mistaken.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I would so love to see a Kirby 64 remake. It was my first Kirby game, granted I rented it and did not know what I was doing. But it was fun none the less. Speaking of first kirby games what was yours guys?
i think my first kirby game may have been Kirby Super Star (though it was called Kirby's Fun Pack) or Kirby Dream Course. either way they were just games I rented. the first Kirby game I ever owned was Super Star Ultra

You mean this commercial?
I need to wash my eyes
That commercial is horrific! :O

smashkirby

Smash Hero
When/If Ball Kirby ever makes a TRUE return to the series, I can see Ball's moveset being revamped, getting inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog's ball attacks like the Spin Dash, Bounce Attack, and even Homing Attack. I can also see Ball gaining some sort of a "pinball-like" attack as well.

BTW, my first Kirby game was the demo for Squeak Squad. I THINK my first FULL game was...either Squeak Squad (full game), Amazing Mirror, or Nightmare in Dream Land.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
When/If Ball Kirby ever makes a TRUE return to the series, I can see Ball's moveset being revamped, getting inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog's ball attacks like the Spin Dash, Bounce Attack, and even Homing Attack. I can also see Ball gaining some sort of a "pinball-like" attack as well.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope they do something like that.

D

Deleted member

I voted in the poll. Everyone needs to make a habit of voting in every poll possible. We need to show how popular he is.

Nice. We're already at ten Discord members and I just now advertised the server on Twitter.

Retweet if you want to find more Bandanna Dee fans on the Discord server.

I also need to make a note to link the server back to Smashboards so that people interested in Bandana Dee gets a chance to read through Chandelure's great thread.

I would buy a Kirby coloring book, especially with him on it.
Seems that HAL has opted for "Waddle Dee" as his shortform name whereas fans have opted for "Bandana Dee"

Kinda funny how things worked out like that.
They've also included both names with Stars Allies. I wish HAL would be more consistent with his name use because if he does get added in Smash, it won't be a good idea to switch between two different names for the same character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm going to guess Waddle Dee is his official name and the Bandana prefix in Star Allies is simple to differentiate him from Paraol Waddle Dee.
He is called Bandana Waddle Dee in Triple Deluxe as well as Kirby Battle Royale. It's his official title, it's just long and often needs to be shortened, so they use Waddle Dee for that purpose.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I did the poll! Bandana Dee went on top, of course. Marx was was my second pick. I have a very Kirby-centric wishlist for this Smash...

I really hope there's a new Kirby character. Otherwise, my hopes are pretty much dashed, lol.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I also voted on the poll.

Don't murder me for this, but Bandana Dee was actually my second choice .

Skull Kid is my number one.

But I did put Bandana Dee above Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Dang it, I missed the poll.
What was the maximum amount of votes per person? Dee is my 4th most wanted overall

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kirby's Adventure was my first Kirby, after being introduced to him through Smash Bros 64. I already was drawn in by his copying of other fighters in that game, so seeing him take all sorts of skills and forms really made the game for me. (Faves flew on Tornado, Wheel and Ball.)

Of course, the overarching journey was another great aspect, getting into that amazing territory when I first stepped my foot in Ice Cream Island and journeyd from Butter Building to Grape Garden and Yogurt Yard. Good times. :dr^_^:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Random question; If the Kirby games, for whatever reason had voice acting, how would you picture Bandana Dee sounding?

And how great would it be if he had a Barry White-esque Baritone?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Random question; If the Kirby games, for whatever reason had voice acting, how would you picture Bandana Dee sounding?

And how great would it be if he had a Barry White-esque Baritone?
My guess is that Dee would remain silent like in the cartoon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well just finished star allies (i can look in all the spoiler tags) took down the final boss with dedede, meta and bandana

void termina gave me some ganon vibes, made him sound a bit like demise and when he formed it looked a bit like the malice from botw

what a game

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hi everyone. Been a while. I've came back to smashboards a few days after the direct happened, but I've been avoiding this thread in particular because I've been hearing about datamines for kirby star allies. But now that I beat the game, I am back now.

Kirby star allies was fun. Need to do Bandana Dee's guest star. I managed to be beat to hardest difficulty of the ultimate choice with just Bandana Dee Solo. So that was fun.

Anyway glad to be back.

How would you feel if Bandana Dee had a Helper gimmick similar to Rosalina where he can summon the most prominent helpers. Such as Sir Kibble, Blade Knight, Flaming Leo, Knuckle Joe, Waddle Doo, and Parasol Waddle Dee?
This has been an idea of mine since Smash 4 speculation days. I'm pretty sure it is somewhere in the old bandana dee smash 4 but I'm too lazy to find it.

And star allies could certainly give a boost to that idea. Especially since it has also now has a connection with Bandana Dee thanks to the guest star mode.

My choices would be Sir Kibble, Blade Knight, Poppy bro Jr, Flaming Leo, and Birdon. I think 5 should be the magic number here. They also should each have their own stregths which is why I chose each of these.

Sir kibble would be the projectile thrower. Blade knight would focus on ground combos. Poppy bro Jr would be the heavy hitter throwing slow deteonating but powerful bombs. Flaming Leo would have large elemental hitboxes with fire. And Birdon would use aerial attacks.

Also there would be a key difference between Luma and the Helpers I would feel. While you could control the every action of Luma, you wouldn't be able to with the Helpers. The helpers will decide on their own what to do just like in the games helpers/friends are in. You would generally be able to influence behavior though. Like targeting an enemy would cause the helpers to focus down on that one particular opponent.

Also just in case it wasn't clear. Bandana Dee would of course be using his spear moveset still. The helper system would most likely be his down special.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tell you something, Bandana Dee plus sizzle power = napalm bombing run!

Granted Star allies probably came out way to late to be worked into movesets but it's cool nonetheless.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ah yes bandana dee is the missing corner of the Kirby characters square

Definitely in for support

Don't get mad I forgot bandana dee in my current predictions

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
What's up my friends? I've been inactive since the last of Smash 4 DLC was released, but now that speculation is back on, I'm hoping to use Smashboards a bit more.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kirby 64 is my only game I played in the franchise.

The Dee was always my main in mini-game mode.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Tell you something, Bandana Dee plus sizzle power = napalm bombing run!

Granted Star allies probably came out way to late to be worked into movesets but it's cool nonetheless.
That's what sold me and the missus on Waddle Dee for Smash. Dee becomes a destroyer of worlds with fire. Now I want one of those "Does this look like the face of mercy" meme pics but with Waddle Dee's face. :joyful:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Kirby is number 1 on the Australian, US and Japanese E'Shop and apparently had its best launch ever in the UK (or at least best in a long time)

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Kirby is number 1 on the Australian, US and Japanese E'Shop and apparently had its best launch ever in the UK (or at least best in a long time)
That awesome if this doesn't show that Kirby is just as important as Mario than I don't know what will

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That awesome if this doesn't show that Kirby is just as important as Mario than I don't know what will
Just as important as Mario?

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I think Kirby is important and four characters is completely justified, maybe even five. But it's not on Mario's level, pretty much nothing is on Mario's level

Top Bottom