• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I missed the chance, but I would say that Bandana Dee's chances are 75%. Highest percentage chance of any Kirby character getting in, but it just depends if Sakurai wants to put in another Kirby rep.

Want is 100% though. I've been supporting him since Smash 4 got announced since I loved Return to Dreamland and adored the Spear moveset.

I was a heavy pusher of Robin before his announcement. And right now I'm firstly pushing for Bandana Dee, Shovel Knight, and Waluigi.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm in. I just got Star Allies and it's pretty good. The pure joy my better-half had when she would fly around with the fire spear, raining death from above, convinced me that Dee would be a blast to play as.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
How would you feel if Bandana Dee had a Helper gimmick similar to Rosalina where he can summon the most prominent helpers. Such as Sir Kibble, Blade Knight, Flaming Leo, Knuckle Joe, Waddle Doo, and Parasol Waddle Dee?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
How would you feel if Bandana Dee had a Helper gimmick similar to Rosalina where he can summon the most prominent helpers. Such as Sir Kibble, Blade Knight, Flaming Leo, Knuckle Joe, Waddle Doo, and Parasol Waddle Dee?
I don't think it would make much sense to just have a random helper there. Rosalina and Luma have strong bond and are seen together elsewhere.

I would like to see the helpers involved in the Final Smash though

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Ok, so I just got done with a Star Allies binge. And omg, I am LOVING this game! I told myself I wasn't going to play with allies, but as soon as I got to the first Dream Palace and added Bandana Dee to my team, he stayed there. For like, the whole run. And it was only him, lol. I literally laughed our loud when I used the fire+spear copter combo. Raining fiery death...simply spectacular.

And then there was so, so many other things...but the absolute most awesome one, that literally made my jaw drop?

getting to world four. I looked out into space, and gasped. I was completely unprepared for that. And then I found out it was laid out like Milky Way Wishes. I cannot describe the huge, stupid smile on my face at that moment.

I also got a huge kick out of...

Zan Partizenne, screaming like a banshee and raining electric death all over me.

Basically, I like this game. A whole lot. It brought the biggest smile to my face to watch B-Dee and Kirby riding around on the warp star by themselves.:grin: It was so cool that he was the first and only dream friend you could get to start.

D

Deleted member

I'm in. I just got Star Allies and it's pretty good. The pure joy my better-half had when she would fly around with the fire spear, raining death from above, convinced me that Dee would be a blast to play as.
This is the first time I heard someone refer to Bandana Dee as a female.
I don't like it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've already finished extra mode with Bandana Dee. I think I'll do Kawasaki next

Also major spoilers
What did everyone here think of Morpho Knight? Think he'll show up again in later games? Maybe even as an alt for Meta Knight in Smash? It was interesting to see them basically usurp Galacta Knight, although I think he puts up a tougher fight.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Speaking of Star Allies, so, like...
Is Void Termina supposed to be Zero? I just assume based on what I've seen of him

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Speaking of Star Allies, so, like...
Is Void Termina supposed to be Zero? I just assume based on what I've seen of him
clearly it's Majora's Mask from Zelda.

Seriously, I have no idea, but it's clearly meant to be a form of Dark Matter. I find its visual similarity to Kirby very interesting though. Also the fact ancients were involved with it being sealed away and banishing the mates, I think it's implied to be them who did.

I definitely hope we get an ancient centred game soon

D

Deleted member

Kirby Star Allies glad to hear ya'll are enjoying it truly is an amazing great game! From what I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
This is the first time I heard someone refer to Bandana Dee as a female.
I don't like it.
I'm sorry for the confusion, the "she" I'm referring to is my missus, who was playing as Dee. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was calling Dee that.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The thing I did not understand about Star Allies was...

Did Galacta Knight transform into Morpho Knight?
Or Morpho Knight absorbed him?
Or killed him?
Will Galacta Knight even appear again if he transformed into Morpho Knight? XD

D

Deleted member

The thing I did not understand about Star Allies was...

Did Galacta Knight transform into Morpho Knight?
Or Morpho Knight absorbed him?
Or killed him?
Will Galacta Knight even appear again if he transformed into Morpho Knight? XD
I spoiled myself because I'm weak

I literally have no ****ing clue.
What I don't understand, are Galacta Knight and Morpho Knight 2 seperate characters? Is Morpho Knight just Galacta Knight with a different form?
What the **** is Kirby lore?

D

Deleted member

Looks like the Kirby lore has quite some interesting questions raised hopefully we find out more someday!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Signing back into my Smashboards to say Bandanna Dee better be in Smash 5.

D

Deleted member

https://discord.gg/arYWzs2

Here's the Discord link above which is permanent. Chandlure, will you please put this in the OP so that supporters can click on this?

I made the server and I will edit it after I get home tonight.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't care if this game looks (or even IS) easy, I'd give ANYTHING to play Star Allies right now. I know the game seems "lacking" at times, but it has that adorably precious Kirby charm, and that's all I need. That's even why I regard Rainbow Curse a good game despite it also being relatively short and released on the Wii U.

Also, is it weird that B.D. finally being playable in a more "traditional" Kirby game for the first time since "Returns" brings more joy to my heart than it should for some reason?

BTW, the TV Tropes page for Star Allies seem to believe that:

Void Termina took Kirby's form because it's being influenced by the positive energy of Kirby and all of his playable friends by extension! Heck, it's believed that the Friend Heart that gave Kirby his friend-making powers AMPLIFIED his positive energy, which allowed him to purge V.T. of any negative energy (Also, it's implied that Dark Matter is responsible for V.T.'s evil nature due to its overwhelming negative energy.)

Also, Morpho Knight. First and foremost, HAL?

That Beta M.K. shout-out is your BEST WORK YET.

Secondly, what IS the deal with this guy? Is he a totally new character? Galacta Knight fused with the magic butterfly? Galacta Knight REINCARNATED??? Heck, speaking of the butterfly, if that thing wasn't a Chekov's Gun, I don't know what it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again welcome to all good to have Bandana Dee supporters new and old. All really good. For the spear warrior.,

99_Jydge

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking for a while now, figured I'd show my support for this little guy! Waddle Dee for Smash!

D

Deleted member

Sure, it is done.
Thank you. I'll make sure to pass this around on social media, particularly Twitter.
I don't care if this game looks (or even IS) easy, I'd give ANYTHING to play Star Allies right now. I know the game seems "lacking" at times, but it has that adorably precious Kirby charm, and that's all I need. That's even why I regard Rainbow Curse a good game despite it also being relatively short and released on the Wii U.
I want this game too. I just need to make time for it. I liked Rainbow Curse too although I wished the clay had more of an impact on gameplay and not just cute art styles.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I've been lurking for a while now, figured I'd show my support for this little guy! Waddle Dee for Smash!
Welcome to the Bandana Brigade! Here's your standard-issue blue bandana and spear...watch out as you walk around with it--it's a small room, and they are very pointy.:p

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
i couldnt fit my bandana over my toad hat, have you got a bigger one?
Hey, if Buggzy can fit that Suplex headband over his giant head in Star Allies, we can certainly find a bandana for your robust noggin, my friend.

I'm sure I've got a blue bedsheet around here somewhere...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Above comments has me wonder if Toad Brigade and Bandanna Dees could form an alliance together of sorts. :laugh:

Also, throw me in to the supporters as well. Still been looking forward for Bandanna Dee to complete the Kirby Quartet since 2012.

On that end, do you think Kirby 64's Waddle Dee is the same as Bandanna Dee today, being his "younger" days?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Above comments has me wonder if Toad Brigade and Bandanna Dees could form an alliance together of sorts. :laugh:

Also, throw me in to the supporters as well. Still been looking forward for Bandanna Dee to complete the Kirby Quartet since 2012.

On that end, do you think Kirby 64's Waddle Dee is the same as Bandanna Dee today, being his "younger" days?
I have no idea, but if they ever remake the game, then I can see them changing him to Bandana Dee.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I would so love to see a Kirby 64 remake. It was my first Kirby game, granted I rented it and did not know what I was doing. But it was fun none the less. Speaking of first kirby games what was yours guys?

D

Deleted member

Mine was Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland I didn't know what I was doing not have I played. Any Kirby games, since but I somehow defeated Meta Knght had a blast it was a friend's game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Supported. I'd prefer Marx, but I'd be fine with Dee (And let's face it, Bandanna Dee is happening first.)

I would so love to see a Kirby 64 remake. It was my first Kirby game, granted I rented it and did not know what I was doing. But it was fun none the less. Speaking of first Kirby games, what was yours guys?

Kirby Super Star Ultra. I loved that game.

D

Deleted member

I would so love to see a Kirby 64 remake. It was my first Kirby game, granted I rented it and did not know what I was doing. But it was fun none the less. Speaking of first kirby games what was yours guys?
Mine was Triple Deluxe.
Yeah I haven't been a gamer for that long.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I started with the original on Gameboy. I still remember the weird commercial where he was white instead of pink and ate some Rambo-looking guy. Kirby 64 is still my favorite though, bringing back mixing powers is what sold me on Star Allies in the first place.

Top Bottom