• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
You know, out of all the friends Kirby has in his games I'd say Bandanna Waddle Dee has the highest chance out of all of them. It would make the most sense to me.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Guys, Bandana Dee being in some sort of special entrance/victory animation makes very very little sense, calm down. If he was gonna be in Dedede's victory animation, don't you think we'd have seen it in some footage somewhere?

or in Smash 4?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Guys, Bandana Dee being in some sort of special entrance/victory animation makes very very little sense, calm down. If he was gonna be in Dedede's victory animation, don't you think we'd have seen it in some footage somewhere?

or in Smash 4?
Of course! I was only kidding. I don't Sakurai and team would purposefully slap a bandana onto one the random waddle dees that appear carrying D3 in because they know it would upset us (the BWD fans). At the same time, they also can't appease absolutely everyone, so if BWD isn't a base fighter, best case scenario he's DLC worst case scenario he's a trophy/mii hat.

D

Deleted member

I doubt Bandana Dee is in, as a assist trophy or Mii hat.

If not base roster hopefully DLC.

But stranger things have happened.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna give my straight up prediction...

I don't think Bandana Dee will be in the base roster, but absolutely think he WILL be DLC.

If he is in the base roster, I will be most pleasantly surprised.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think he'll be base roster. It makes more sense that way.
Depends on how many characters are left though, I guess.

I still say base :)

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Guys, after Bandana Dee is announced (which is surely a given soon), who would be the next Kirby character you would campaign for?

I'm gonna be bold and say - Whispy Woods.
I want to play as a tree. Sakurai can make it happen.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Guys, after Bandana Dee is announced (which is surely a given soon), who would be the next Kirby character you would campaign for?

That’s admittedly a tough choice. Galacta Knight is definitely up there now that echoes have become a thing. But when it comes to unique newcomers, I’m honestly split between Magolor, Prince Fluff, and Dark Matter. But if I were forced to choose... Probably Magolor.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Vergeban was wrong about the Dee assist trophy thing. He wasn't even the first person to predict Simon and Ridley, someone else did. He's not credible at all, just basking in his own glory.

And at this point anyone who says Dee doesn't deserve to be in needs a mental evaluation.
agreed

Marx

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
When it comes to characters after Bandana Dee, Daroach is my desire but it's hard to argue him above Dark Matter as the characters are now

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice

Adeline, Marx, or Magolor. One of the 3.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

After Dee, Gooey is easily my first choice. Granted, I want him as an echo/clone/semi-clone of kirby, but I want him in somehow. KDL3 is one of my favorite Kirby games, and the animal buddies I just can't see working in Smash. A single animal buddy doesn't have enough of a moveset, and Rick/Kine/Koo as a team would be weird in Smash.

Or even better- put in Samus as a Kirby rep. She was in KDL3.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

After the boi, I'd say either Magolor or Rick. I'd also like to see maybe Daroach, but that's not a big hope at all.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Adeline and Ribbon, they're part of the OG Kirby squad so it feels right.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
100% Dark Matter, the one true villain of the Kirby series.
Gooey would also be up there (I'm also a huge KDL3 fan, it was the first Kirby game I played and will always have a special place in my heart).
As for Magolor, I'd be up for it (I couldn't find it, but wasn't there some "leaked" footage of Magolor as a Dream Friend Ally in wave 3?) however I think Magolor needs a bit more series representation first. As of right now, Magolor is on about the same level as Queen Sectonia, Void Termina, or Yin Yarn: A single series villain. I would say Marx has better representation and a more interesting moveset than Magolor (or rather, a lot of the more interesting things Magolor could do Marx could also, namely transforming into their final evil terrifying "soul" form).

So, to sum up, I would say my next round of most wanted characters are: Dark Matter, Gooey, Marx, Animal Friends (I'd also like to see Chuchu, Pitch, and Nago included, which would never happen but I can dream...friend ally).

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Dark Matter, they'd be far and away the most important character to the Kirby franchise left and they're also my favorite Kirby character.
I also expect to see them in Wave 3 as a boss in some form given the build-up, so it might not even be unlikely.

Gooey would be my choice after Dark Matter hypothetically gets in, but Dark Matter's got a lot more priority for me.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

My boy Magolor, he'd be pretty cool

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
After Bandana Dee, Dark Matter is easily the most important character in Kirby left. I mean, the lore basically revolves around him.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

Dark Matter or Magolor definitley.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Personally calling DLC, along with the other highly suggested ones that aren't Geno (Who I think will be in the base game)

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
It's very hard for me to make a prediction like this since I know I'll be wrong somewhere, but I think we will see Geno and Skull Kid, and probably more than that, in the base roster. I think Bandana Dee and Rex/Pyra will be DLC, but in the long run it doesn't matter, does it?

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I honestly think that our Apple Boi alone completes the perfect Kirby representation for Smash. Don't want to oversaturate the series and then get called the next Fire Emblem flood.

That said, if you twisted my arm and said I had to choose a Kirby rep after Dee.... Magolor. Then Marx. Then Dark Matter Swordsman. (Kirby needs some actual villain reps.)

...Or, even better: Whispy Woods as a Boss. What a perfect way to end the 'tutorial' section of whatever story mode/boss mode we're getting in Ultimate!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm alone here, but I've always been campaigning for Bonkers or Bugzzy as a fifth Kirby rep. They have a miniboss status that makes them more important than a regular enemy. And unlike some characters, they have consistent appearances. With one exception, Bonkers has always been the sole source of the Hammer ability. He also played an important role in Smash Run. Bugzzy hasn't appeared quite as much as Bonkers, but he has more unique potential.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry about getting a Kirby rep #5, because there's no really important character besides Bandana Dee that isn't already in. But if I had to pick one, it'd be either Magolor or Susie. Mags because he's the next closest thing to a recurring character, and Susie because I had that idea of her fighting in a mini-mech and also Robobot is my favor Kirby game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't worry about getting a Kirby rep #5, because there's no really important character besides Bandana Dee that isn't already in. But if I had to pick one, it'd be either Magolor or Susie. Mags because he's the next closest thing to a recurring character, and Susie because I had that idea of her fighting in a mini-mech and also Robobot is my favor Kirby game.
I think after Bandana Dee get's in, Marx should be next.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think after Bandana Dee get's in, Marx should be next.
I get why you'd want Marx, given his moveset potential, but I feel like Magolor would be a better choice, given he plays a similar role in RtDL, and given how he's more than likely to be a Dream Friend with similar moveset potential. Susie was just an idea I found for no good reason except that figured she'd make a good joke fighter who'd be a good heavyweight with her mech (except her niche is kinda filled by Jr and how'd she move horizontally?). Even then, I wouldn't say I want any of them just because of moves since they'd act more like bosses than fighters. I mean, Marx in Star Allies is broken in an already easy game, so I think balancing them would be a problem (unless we're just ok with another :ultbayonetta:).

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think if we can have 3 Links, we should get a second Kirby by way of Robobot Kirby. That mech fulfills every childhood dream I ever had.

https://www.deviantart.com/rotommowtom/art/Kirby-Planet-Robobot-Kirby-s-New-Mech-599800943

View attachment 171410
That'd actually be really cool. The thought of the Robobot wreaking havoc on the other fighters seems hilarious yet awesome.

Going on about Planet Robobot, I feel that out of all of the Modern Kirby games, it has the best stage potential of all of them. It's also worth noting that I don't think we have any robot-themed stages. (I don't count Wily Castle because it's pretty much just FD with some occasional platforms and Yellow Devil, so there's not too much "robotic" about it)

Edit: Perfect timing, considering how Nairo's streaming Planet Robot right now! (Or at least, when this was posted)

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
That'd actually be really cool. The thought of the Robobot wreaking havoc on the other fighters seems hilarious yet awesome.

Going on about Planet Robobot, I feel that out of all of the Modern Kirby games, it has the best stage potential of all of them. It's also worth noting that I don't think we have any robot-themed stages. (I don't count Wily Castle because it's pretty much just FD with some occasional platforms and Yellow Devil, so there's not too much "robotic" about it)

Edit: Perfect timing, considering how Nairo's streaming Planet Robot right now! (Or at least, when this was posted)
Right? I was thinking that they can make an Access Ark stage where Star Dream would be in the middle (like Whispy Woods) and would summon Dark Matter Swordsman, Queen Sectonia and Galacta Knight as Stage Hazards/bosses. And maybe Susie could make a cameo by either singing the Noble Haltmann theme or attacking/stealing Star Dream in the background (I like Susie...maybe make her a fighter instead Sakurai?).
This is just one of my ideas for modern Kirby stages.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Hypothetical Question:

What if the Vergeben leak is real and Incineroar and Ken are the last fighters to be revealed... BUT!! it's announced right afterward that DLC, featuring the likes of Bandana Dee, Geno, and other highly-requested characters, is already in development and we'll be getting it in Kirby Star Allies-style waves?

How would you feel about that?

Top Bottom