• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It seems that in fighting games most of the time people want some bad choices for example:
People wanting Sheik over any Young link!
People wanting Ui, SSj4 Gokus over any Kid version!
People wanting too many Third partys!
Or people wanting Characters from Anime filler!
I honestly dont get it!
who says you need to get it?

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Thing is though, E3 might be the end of the road for Ultimate as it's likely Fighter's Pass 2 is it and the remaining two fighters will be revealed at E3.
I said that assuming they only reveal one character,, however if they reveal 2 I could totally see Bandana Dee being one of them and the other being more of a "bigger name" kinda like how they revealed Pac-Man and Palutena at the same E3.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Do you guys think Bandana Dee is E3 material? Because if Palutena is, than I certainly think Dee is.
I think his odds go up depending on likelihood of a Kirby announcement of some form at E3.

And I think that's likely due to the frequency of Kirby games, data mine seemed to show dlc intent for Kirby Fighters 2, and us being due for more Kirby announcements around E3.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think his odds go up depending on likelihood of a Kirby announcement of some form at E3.

And I think that's likely due to the frequency of Kirby games, data mine seemed to show dlc intent for Kirby Fighters 2, and us being due for more Kirby announcements around E3.
If kirby fighters 2 dlc gets relesead i think they should patch how unlocking Dedede works because locking Dedede behind basicly a True arena is dumb instead the rewards for beating the final final Chapter should be the stage (unchanged) and masked alts for dedede and meta knight! And dedede would be unlocked after beating the Main Story and seeing the credits once (he just gets automaticly unlocked if you already beat it! if thats to easy they should add a Difrent (easy) way of getting him!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not that Palutena was e3 material(she came at a decent time after Uprising existed, so already had a bit of popularity), it's that she was introduced with the Mii Fighters, much bigger characters who had the same core mechanic. So she was just at the right time and place for it.

Mii Fighters and Pac-Man were pretty much the big e3 reveals. Palutena is a secondary to that. Even with one behind closed doors, Mii Fighters still clearly were meant to outshine Palutena at that point in terms of notability.

That said, Dixie is easily big enough, though Bandanna Waddle Dee is more mixed in notability. He doesn't lack popularity, but isn't that big of a character.

I also don't really see them showing off more than one character this e3. With zero reasons to believe more fighters are coming, and they have been spreading out the announcements for Pass 2, only one makes a lot of sense. The last one would be later on in the final 3rd of the year, just like last time. And no, I don't think Steve/Alex was meant for e3 either, but actually took a long time due to the mechanical issues(including updating literally every stage). It doesn't even look like there was an e3 announcement planned, and Min Min was only around that time due to her taking a bit longer for moveset issues coming up. Steve/Alex probably was going to be released a little earlier, but by the time they were ready... Minecon was also almost there, so being slightly delayed to coincide is a logical decision for Nintendo to make to maximize sales(and they aren't even that great of DLC sales compared to some others, despite being a huge character, so it didn't work as well as they thought).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I also don't really see them showing off more than one character this e3. With zero reasons to believe more fighters are coming, and they have been spreading out the announcements for Pass 2, only one makes a lot of sense
Honestly it just feels more like impatience than wanting a repeat of something like the Hero/Banjo dual reveal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly it just feels more like impatience than wanting a repeat of something like the Hero/Banjo dual reveal.
It doesn't really matter why anyway. It's just unrealistic. These are the last DLC, and them spreading it out is way more logical to continue.

I didn't say anything about Hero/Banjo, even if it's implied. It's also a factor of those worked out fine because they were doing 5 characters in one year, not 6 characters in two years. Another is that they were also notable characters to different audiences anyway. Steve/Alex, despite not being at e3(and the time taken to make them work...), weren't really going to be combined with Min Min either way. She might've gotten a slightly earlier reveal by a month at most. No way Steve/Alex would've been ready by then either. They had a really really long delay, and even if you ignore Minecon, it might've been barely a month or two earlier at best. So July/August.

Basically, Nintendo isn't as often worrying about e3 anymore for reveals. But they also are dealing with COVID as is, so. It's not exactly a core factor anymore, especially since the power of the internet makes any time easy enough to reveal to everyone these days.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It doesn't really matter why anyway. It's just unrealistic. These are the last DLC, and them spreading it out is way more logical to continue.
that does make sense though i personally doubt sakurai ever does anything logically. i think he ust shows them when theyre ready regardless. but that just me

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
that does make sense though i personally doubt sakurai ever does anything logically. i think he ust shows them when theyre ready regardless. but that just me
He doesn't choose when to reveal them. Nintendo does. He only gets to choose who they are overall and how they're portrayed(obviously to a degree. There's rules he has to follow from the IP owners. Same applies to movesets too). He even outsources the trailers(though I'm not sure when he started to do them, it's been the case for at least Ultimate's DLC if I remember what he said correctly. Might've been Pass 1 first, though?).

...So it's not a matter of when they're ready. It's a matter of when Nintendo wants them shown off. Obviously they aren't shown off till they're ready, so development is still important as a factor, but them being finished enough to show off isn't the entire thing. That's just the first part required, but how long Nintendo waits is unclear. It's why Steve/Alex makes some sense to me they waited a long time to show 'em off. They wouldn't have taken nearly that long to make work, even with some stage changes, but Min Min also delaying it by at least a month affects all the currently worked on characters too, which is an important factor. Even Sephiroth was shown off pretty quickly in comparison to the other two. With Steve/Alex already taking a while, by the time they were ready, Nintendo choosing to delay the reveal a bit longer so it coincides with Minecon isn't really surprising. It's of course something people can't see outside of hindsight, but nobody would've known all the stages had to be changed up either. Steve/Alex having an ammo system in general was easy to guess. How it was incorporated in that way, not so much. The idea of how it worked was guessable too(just not the stage part).

Not a lot of the DLC characters were too easy to guess how their movesets worked. Terry was easy to imagine, at least. But that might be the only one at this point, honestly. It helps that the moveset was pretty easy to transfer over. Banjo & Kazooie also had a somewhat easy to guess moveset to a degree. Steve/Alex kind of did, but it wasn't as easy to figure out as BK, though. Min Min's an interesting one as the whole A/B thing wasn't as easy to guess compared to the obvious fact she has stretchy arms and a very long reach. I didn't see much talk on how Pyra/Mythra would work beyond Rex being relevant, though, so I can't comment on it. Same with Hero(though I was sure he'd have a fairly unique mechanic at best myself. And definitely one important to RPG's. I just had an idea for a completely different one than what was used, heh).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He doesn't choose when to reveal them. Nintendo does. He only gets to choose who they are overall and how they're portrayed(obviously to a degree. There's rules he has to follow from the IP owners. Same applies to movesets too). He even outsources the trailers(though I'm not sure when he started to do them, it's been the case for at least Ultimate's DLC if I remember what he said correctly. Might've been Pass 1 first, though?).

...So it's not a matter of when they're ready. It's a matter of when Nintendo wants them shown off. Obviously they aren't shown off till they're ready, so development is still important as a factor, but them being finished enough to show off isn't the entire thing. That's just the first part required, but how long Nintendo waits is unclear. It's why Steve/Alex makes some sense to me they waited a long time to show 'em off. They wouldn't have taken nearly that long to make work, even with some stage changes, but Min Min also delaying it by at least a month affects all the currently worked on characters too, which is an important factor. Even Sephiroth was shown off pretty quickly in comparison to the other two. With Steve/Alex already taking a while, by the time they were ready, Nintendo choosing to delay the reveal a bit longer so it coincides with Minecon isn't really surprising. It's of course something people can't see outside of hindsight, but nobody would've known all the stages had to be changed up either. Steve/Alex having an ammo system in general was easy to guess. How it was incorporated in that way, not so much. The idea of how it worked was guessable too(just not the stage part).

Not a lot of the DLC characters were too easy to guess how their movesets worked. Terry was easy to imagine, at least. But that might be the only one at this point, honestly. It helps that the moveset was pretty easy to transfer over. Banjo & Kazooie also had a somewhat easy to guess moveset to a degree. Steve/Alex kind of did, but it wasn't as easy to figure out as BK, though. Min Min's an interesting one as the whole A/B thing wasn't as easy to guess compared to the obvious fact she has stretchy arms and a very long reach. I didn't see much talk on how Pyra/Mythra would work beyond Rex being relevant, though, so I can't comment on it. Same with Hero(though I was sure he'd have a fairly unique mechanic at best myself. And definitely one important to RPG's. I just had an idea for a completely different one than what was used, heh).
does he not? Oh well never mind then

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey, so it's Bandana Dee's day on the character exploration thread that was set up. Basically, come down here, talk about him, and tell newcomers to the series/character about what's going on.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hey, so it's Bandana Dee's day on the character exploration thread that was set up. Basically, come down here, talk about him, and tell newcomers to the series/character about what's going on.
What do you know about him? Do you want him?
Im just curious!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I posted something like this before, but I still find it interesting.
Yeah, it's been a topic of conversation a few times here. XD

I hope this game brings the innovation that people have lately been criticizing Kirby for. I'm not sure if this is exactly true or not, but sometimes I get the feeling that the Kirby series doesn't get a lot of respect. I personally think Heroes in Another Dimension helped boost Star Allies into a pretty decent game, and that content was free DLC, hint hint Sword/Shield. Also kinda surprised that Smash 64 Remix hasn't added King Dedede...

I'm probably just making a big deal out of nothing.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

【Kirby of the Stars】 Blue topaz ver. Of rings with the motif of "Fountain of Dreams" is now available today (6/8) Reservation starts from! The seat that supports the stone itself is a "fountain of dreams," and the "dream" part is expressed in blue topaz.♪ ◆ Click here for reservation https://bit.ly/34dcYSr <Reservation period 6 / 8-6 / 29>

Corn_Queen

Smash Apprentice
I've tried writing a moveset for Bandana Waddle Dee. While I thought about using the Parasol attacks to fill out his moveset, his profile in Star Allies (which I saw when going through his moveset in the game) mentioned that he "sets himself apart from those carefree parasol holders", so I decided against it. Not sure how well the stage that I described fits the character, but it was an idea that I had, and I figured it would be more interesting than going with Cookie Country or Green Gardens.

Bandana Dee Gets a Starring Role!

His first three palette swaps are his palette swaps from Kirby Star Allies – yellow with a brown bandana and orange feet, sky blue with a dark blue bandana and light purple feet, and green with a dark green bandana and green feet. His other palette swaps are based on Dedede (red with a yellow bandana and yellow feet), Meta Knight (dark blue with a silvery bandana and dark purple feet), Marx (purple with a half-blue half-red bandana with white circles on it and brown feet), and Rick (white with a brown bandana and pink feet).

For a stage, I figured I’d try something different. Normally, characters tend to have stages from towards the beginning of their games, but that archetype is covered pretty thoroughly by Green Greens and Dream Land, along with Dream Land GB to a lesser extent. Instead, I’d like to focus on an aspect of Kirby that might not be expected of the series at first glance, but it’s something that fans are well aware of – the nightmarish final bosses. The stage is the Divine Terminus, designed as it is at the end of Guest Star Allies (which, as far as I know, is the first game where Bandana Dee can be player one). It’s a flat Final Destination-like stage, with a twist – occasionally, various final bosses from the Kirby series will show up in the background to attack the player. (or, if hazards are off, to hover back there menacingly – they won’t show up on the Battlefield or Final Destination versions of the stage) Nightmare can’t be summoned as an assist trophy on this stage, as he’s one of the hazards. Their order is random, though I’ll list them in order of their appearance in the Kirby games.

Nightmare appears in his wizard form, shooting stars out of his hand at the opponent. Given his origins as an NES boss, these are the easiest to avoid of the boss attacks Marx teleports around, using some attacks from his boss battle – I’m thinking that he’ll be smaller than the version that’s fought in World of Light and classic mode, for the sake of making him a less intrusive hazard.

Zero Two looms in the background, widening its eyes to shoot exploding energy balls at the stage. Queen Sectonia, fused with the Dream Stalk, is raised into view, summoning giant floating gems to act as platforms while using smaller flowers to act as cannons and blades. Star Dream lazily floats on screen, seemingly doing nothing until it charges up energy and fires a beam that fills half of the stage. After that, it floats around, summoning random knick-knacks to act as hazards.

The final hazard is Void Termina, which is seemingly content to watch the fighting at first. However, after a while, it roars, picking up the stage and throwing it into the air like Master Core’s giant form from Smash 4. It can also smash its fists onto the stage, creating shockwaves which cover the whole floor of the stage, though they move very slowly.

I intentionally left out Dark Matter and Magolor since they seem like other characters that people might want as DLC. I’m not sure how popular Marx is as a potential Smash Bros. character, but since he’s already a boss in Smash Bros. Ultimate, I figured he was fair game.

For his intro, Bandana Dee arrives on top of a stack of Kirby enemies – Bugzzy (on the bottom, carrying the group), Chilly, and Poppy Bros. Jr. Bandana Dee is pointing forward excitedly, but Bugzzy trips, sending the entire stack toppling over. The other three disappear in puffs of smoke, while Bandana Dee gets up, dusting himself off. For his idle animations, he holds up the spear, eyes sparkling as he looks at the point of it, and for another one, his bandana falls over his eyes and he pushes it back up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much like Dedede, Bandana Dee can jump four times – he’s doing his best with his midair hops, but he’s not quite as good as Kirby or Meta Knight. Unless noted, his moves have a sweet spot at the end of the spear

A-->AA-->AAA: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear twice before using a Multi-Thrust (a rapid jab), ending with a spear jab that has a white aura around it which hits harder.

Forward A: Bandana Dee leans forward, jabbing with the butt of the spear; this move doesn’t have a sweet spot.

Up A: Skyward Thrust – Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight up into the sky.

Down A: Ground Thrust – Bandana Dee slides along the ground before thrusting his sword upwards.

Forward Smash: for his Smash attacks, Bandana Dee borrows from the Staff moveset from Star Allies - as a result, fully charging them extends the range. For his Forward Smash attack, he swings the spear downwards starting over his head like the end of the Staff’s jab combo.

Up Smash: Bandana Dee’s spear extends upwards, stretching out to give it longer range than his up A, with a red aura around it.

Down Smash: L-R Jab – Bandana Dee’s spear is held in front of him horizontally as it stretches out on both sides – the tip of the spear is facing the same direction that Bandana Dee was, so does more damage and knockback.

Neutral Air: Bandana Dee spins his spear in a circular motion in front of himself (so it’s a circle from the player’s perspective), rapidly building up damage.

Forward Air: Bandana Dee stabs rapidly at a downwards angle, similar to the attack used by the staff after pole-vaulting (though without the extra range).

Back Air: Bandana Dee bends backwards, stabbing the spear behind him.

Up Air: Bandana Dee stabs his spear upwards, similar to his up A attack.

Down Air: Moon Drop – Bandana Dee spins horizontally before plummeting straight down, with his spear stabbing downwards

Dash Attack: sticking his spear into the ground, Bandana Dee pole-vaults, smacking into the opponent. When he lands, his spear disappears in a puff of smoke and reappears in his hand.

Wake-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins the spear above his head similar to his recovery move, lifting himself back onto his feet.

Climb Attack: Bandana Dee swipes the spear at ankle-height for most fighters before climbing back on-stage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grab: it’s basically the same as Kirby’s grab. Bandana Dee’s spear is holstered to his back somehow.

Pummel: the same as Kirby’s – he smacks the grabbed opponent with his free hand.

Forward Throw: borrowing a move from Knuckle Joe, he throws them forward using the Fighter ability’s Arm Throw move.

Back Throw: Bandana Dee uses a suplex, though like Dan Hibiki, he struggles with lifting the opponent first, with exaggerated sweat marks coming off of him.

Up Throw: sliding the spear underneath the opponent, Bandana Dee flings them into the air like he’s flipping a pancake.

Down Throw: setting the opponent on the ground, Bandana Dee punches the opponent with the same animation as he used in the Megaton Punch game from Kirby Super Star

Up Taunt: Bandana Dee spins around before raising his hand in the air, like what happens when you get a major collectible in Star Allies.

Side Taunt: Bandana Dee pulls out a glass of apple juice and drinks it through a straw, somehow.

Down Taunt: Bandana Dee plants his spear in the ground and sits against it before hopping back up, seemingly worried that he was caught napping.

B: Waddle Spear Throw. He tosses a spear in an arc. If this is held, it can become Waddle Triple Throw, where he throws three spears at once.

Up B: Waddle Copter. Bandana Dee spins his spear over his head, gaining some height before slowly descending. It’s more useful for horizontal recovery, much like Donkey Kong’s up B.

Side B: Friend Train – Bandana Dee’s bandana becomes a mix between a train conductor hat and a smokestack, as his eyes grow wide and sparkly. He dashes forward with a spherical aura surrounding him. However, without the power of friendship, the train has no fuel supply, so he stops after a short bit. Much like in Star Allies, this can let him run up walls, and you can jump during it, though you only get one jump before you hit the ground. This move has no sweet spot.

Down B: Sizzle Spear/Blizzard Spear/Zap Spear – Bandana Dee holds his spear into the air, and a heart outline appears above it. In that heart outline, icons for the fire, ice, and plasma abilities from Kirby Star Allies are cycled through, one at a time. Once the button is released, one of the aforementioned elements (fire, ice, or lightning) hits the spear, charging it up for a few seconds. While his spear is powered up like this, his attacks are a little slower, but his specials have additional effects. Blizzard Spear gives the biggest power boost and speed penalty, while Zap Spear gives the smallest power boost and speed penalty. The lightning from Zap Spear’s effects doesn’t do much damage or cause much knockback, to make up for its range.

• Sizzle Spear: Spear Throw leaves flames behind, Copter shoots out fireballs that fall to the ground as he flies around, and Friend Train shoots fireballs out of the smokestack

• Blizzard Spear: Spear Toss causes spikes of ice to sprout where Bandana Dee is, as well as where the spears land. Spear Copter causes icicles to fall straight down from the spear on either side of Bandana Dee. Friend Train leaves a trail of ice spikes behind Bandana Dee, though they disappear quickly. Still, it’s good for dealing with people who would dodge roll or spot dodge to avoid it.

• Zap Spear: Spear Throw and Spear Copter cause lightning bolts to strike the spear(s). (once in the case of Spear Throw, at regular intervals in the case of Spear Copter) For Friend Train, lightning strikes the smokestack as Bandana Dee runs.

Final Smash: Megaton Punch – Bandana Dee pulls large steel square weights out of hammerspace, dropping them on the ground. If this connects, it goes into a cinematic final smash, transporting the opponent(s) to a recreation of the Megaton Punch stage from Kirby Super Star, complete with a cheering crowd. Bandana Dee is up in the rafters, though now he’s in a similar style to Little Mac’s trailer from Smash 4 or the Manga Waddle Dee sticker from Planet Robobot (I figure the contrast between the ultra-dramatic shading and Dee’s harmless-looking design would be funny). His eye gleams, and he leaps from the rafter, delivering one punch (JAM Project music optional, but recommended) that floors the opponent(s), shatters the weights, and (as the camera zooms out to show) leaves a crack in Pop Star that’s visible from space.

For his victory poses, one of them would be his victory dance from Return to Dream Land that he does when you beat a level with him. This will likely be shortened since the Smash victory theme is shorter than the Kirby one. For another, he gets up on his tip-toes and waves to the crowd, like he does in the unlikely event that he wins at Megaton Punch. For a third, an idea that I have is that a bunch of regular Waddle Dees swarm him, only to toss him into the air in celebration.

Seeing as he’s already a Kirby character, he gets Kirby’s victory theme. If Kirby copies him, he gets Bandana Dee’s bandana and spear, and he can use Waddle Spear Throw (or Triple Throw).

Admittedly, his aerials aren't the most original here, but I didn't have a ton to work with - his down air and B were already built in, but aside from that, it seemed like I had to make stuff up.
I mean this is amazing and its basically already made in Star allies

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Man, its always the character you expect the least. Despite Tekken being a long running popular franchise, there are still people bemoaning Kazuya's entry. Could you imagine how non-Kirby fans would get if Bandee was the final character? I can taste the salty tears just thinking of it.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, so a couple of things of note.

• Some friends of mine brought up to me that that everyone in this second pass has been with a company from DLC 1 and the base roster (Nintendo, Microsoft, Square, and now Namco). This makes it highly likely that the last character is a double dip too.
  • Being a Bandai Namco character, it's very likely Lloyd will be coming back as a Mii costume. If he doesn't, I'll admit it would be highly suspicious, but still likely wouldn't spell Lloyd as our final character. Bamco just got a rep and all.
  • Kazuya didn't drop Pacman off the edge. Good. That would be highly disrespect.
  • On the topic of Mii costumes, characters that get mii costumes generally seem to be passed over for someone else. Rex was skipped for his own swords, Heihachi has been skipped for Kazuya. I think it's likely they deconfirm if they are added as DLC.
  • No Kirby game from E3. TBH, I think that is very bad for us.
All in all, I've been tossing with the idea for an idea for a while. I'm not entirely sure, but I think our best bet to see someone like Bandana Dee or even Magolor in Smash would be a bittersweet event. Said event being... Sakurai retiring from Smash. I don't like to say it, but part of me just hasn't let go of how unbalanced Kirby content is in Smash. Heck, Smash 4 added 2 Kirby stages, both being from his classic games. The most modern Kirby content we get are spirits, which are very rarely used anyways. Remixes are all classic Kirby, aside from the Squeaks theme from Brawl. Don't get me wrong, Sakurai has done amazing stuff in Smash, but as a Kirby fan, I can't help but wonder if another perspective would balance the content better of Kirby's long history.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
It's been brought up before, and I want to live in hope that it's not a necessary step to get our boi in. I'd love nothing more than for Sakurai to get up there in a video and explain how modern Kirby actually has achieved wonderful things and he loves and respects it.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

• Some friends of mine brought up to me that that everyone in this second pass has been with a company from DLC 1 and the base roster (Nintendo, Microsoft, Square, and now Namco). This makes it highly likely that the last character is a double dip too.
  • Being a Bandai Namco character, it's very likely Lloyd will be coming back as a Mii costume. If he doesn't, I'll admit it would be highly suspicious, but still likely wouldn't spell Lloyd as our final character. Bamco just got a rep and all.
  • Kazuya didn't drop Pacman off the edge. Good. That would be highly disrespect.
  • On the topic of Mii costumes, characters that get mii costumes generally seem to be passed over for someone else. Rex was skipped for his own swords, Heihachi has been skipped for Kazuya. I think it's likely they deconfirm if they are added as DLC.
All in all, I've been tossing with the idea for an idea for a while. I'm not entirely sure, but I think our best bet to see someone like Bandana Dee or even Magolor in Smash would be a bittersweet event. Said event being... Sakurai retiring from Smash. I don't like to say it, but part of me just hasn't let go of how unbalanced Kirby content is in Smash. Heck, Smash 4 added 2 Kirby stages, both being from his classic games. The most modern Kirby content we get are spirits, which are very rarely used anyways. Remixes are all classic Kirby, aside from the Squeaks theme from Brawl. Don't get me wrong, Sakurai has done amazing stuff in Smash, but as a Kirby fan, I can't help but wonder if another perspective would balance the content better of Kirby's long history.
Yeah this is one of the most typical thoughts of kirby fans when it comes to smash!

Corn_Queen

Smash Apprentice

or they are saving some big kirby news for later, it is his 30th anniversary in December, kirby G and w perhaps?

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
It's been brought up before, and I want to live in hope that it's not a necessary step to get our boi in. I'd love nothing more than for Sakurai to get up there in a video and explain how modern Kirby actually has achieved wonderful things and he loves and respects it.
I had figured as much. I believe I've even seen those discussions. I just don't understand why it seems Sakurai is so blasé about Kirby's current outings. Based on Kazuya's trailer, it's clear he still loves Kirby a bunch. It's not like Kirby's the only pink floating puff that would have fit there.

Yeah this is one of the most typical thoughts of kirby fans when it comes to smash!
I know it's been said before that his bias for classic Kirby clearly shows. I just haven't felt this low about it before.

or they are saving some big kirby news for later, it is his 30th anniversary in December
I'd really like to believe this, but it seems Nintendo is only paying attention to two anniversaries at the moment, Zelda and Metroid, and I believe Metroid is by accident (they didn't really play up the anniversary angle in the Dread reveal). Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Yoshi, and Kid Icarus are all having an anniversary to no fan fare. Hopefully HAL makes a big deal for Kirby if Nintendo doesn't.

Corn_Queen

Smash Apprentice
I had figured as much. I believe I've even seen those discussions. I just don't understand why it seems Sakurai is so blasé about Kirby's current outings. Based on Kazuya's trailer, it's clear he still loves Kirby a bunch. It's not like Kirby's the only pink floating puff that would have fit there.

I know it's been said before that his bias for classic Kirby clearly shows. I just haven't felt this low about it before.

I'd really like to believe this, but it seems Nintendo is only paying attention to two anniversaries at the moment, Zelda and Metroid, and I believe Metroid is by accident (they didn't really play up the anniversary angle in the Dread reveal). Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Yoshi, and Kid Icarus are all having an anniversary to no fan fare. Hopefully HAL makes a big deal for Kirby if Nintendo doesn't.
hal and nintendo always do something, the 25th stuff wasnt as big as the 20th stuff so maybe his 30th will be better

Top Bottom