• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think that the most likely scenario for a Bandana Dee Spirit Board is to fill it with all the Dream Friends.
  • Pre-Existing Spirits
    • Rick
    • Kine
    • Coo
    • Gooey
    • Daroach (didn't have battle in base game)
    • Magolor
    • Susie
  • New Spirits
    • Marx (Kirby Star Allies)
    • Adeleine & Ribbon (either together, as an enhancement of a regular Adeleine Spirit, or separated)
    • Dark Meta Knight
    • Taranza
I'm not sure what the requisite "Legend Spirit with unique skill" would be though. I think the most likely are Void Termina, Morpho Knight, or "Kirby's Dream Team" (Kirby, MK, Dedede, and BD as a group).
Hey, this isn't all too bad! In fact, I really like that 'Kirby's Dream Team' spirit idea. It's funny though... the 'Dream Team' is what I've even been referring to the group consisting of Kirby, DDD, M.K. and B.W.D. as, ever since Star Allies.

GooberHonker

Smash Rookie
New Anniversary Art for Kirby Star Allies! It may not have any of the main group, but it's really nice to see the Jamba crew, and even Void again!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
New Anniversary Art for Kirby Star Allies! It may not have any of the main group, but it's really nice to see the Jamba crew, and even Void again!
Smol Void... I wanna hug him.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
not have any of the main group?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I think that the most likely scenario for a Bandana Dee Spirit Board is to fill it with all the Dream Friends.
  • Pre-Existing Spirits
    • Rick
    • Kine
    • Coo
    • Gooey
    • Daroach (didn't have battle in base game)
    • Magolor
    • Susie
  • New Spirits
    • Marx (Kirby Star Allies)
    • Adeleine & Ribbon (either together, as an enhancement of a regular Adeleine Spirit, or separated)
    • Dark Meta Knight
    • Taranza
I'm not sure what the requisite "Legend Spirit with unique skill" would be though. I think the most likely are Void Termina, Morpho Knight, or "Kirby's Dream Team" (Kirby, MK, Dedede, and BD as a group).
Maybe they can also include Masked Dedede and Galacta Knight among the pre-existing Spirits? That's a running theme with our 1st party DLC for Vol. 2 so far.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know that it's not exactly new for HAL to not constantly put out at least one new :ultkirby: game per year, but isn't it kind of odd that we have yet to hear about the next one this year? Especially seeing as next year is the big 30th. Don't see them as the type to wait until E3 to do so, either.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I know that it's not exactly new for HAL to not constantly put out at least one new :ultkirby: game per year, but isn't it kind of odd that we have yet to hear about the next one this year? Especially seeing as next year is the big 30th. Don't see them as the type to wait until E3 to do so, either.
Well if they’re making something for next year it could be a while yet

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A bit late but Sakurai gave Super Star's Anniversary a shout out a couple days ago.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
He gave a shout-out to Kirby's Adventure too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Looks like the comfort zone so far.

Though you gotta admit that this tourney is a bit random to have.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Looks like the comfort zone so far.

Though you gotta admit that this tourney is a bit random to have.
Let's be honest, Smash events in general are just pulled out of a hat.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I feel this post I made is also relevant here so I'll post it here too:
Fine I'll give my 2 cents on this topic.

In Smash 64, Kirby was a very good character, maybe too good in fact. People call Sakurai out for having "Kirby bias". Melee comes around and he nerfs Kirby HARD. Then there's Brawl, and then... Meta Knight happens, people say "Kirby bias" again. Smash 4 nerfs Meta Knight, and seemingly this time around... the "Kirby bias" talk SEEMS to have ceased... for now. Despite this, a few people notice how little represented modern Kirby games are. No stage, no remixes, only a couple trophies and Kirby's new Final Smash. These comments of modern Kirby representation are quiet though, and others ignore this aspect.
And now Ultimate. World of Light trailer shows Kirby being the only survivor to Galeem's attack for some reason. Cue "Kirby bias" once more. Game releases and Kirby fans inmedeatly notice how underwhelming modern game representation really is. Only a few spirits, NO remixes, while the old games like Dream Land/Adventure/Super Star get all this love. Meta Knight gets a DMK and Galacta Knight skin, and Dedede gets Masked Dedede as a Final Smash, but that's about it. KaTAM got a remix... and I can't forget about those Squeak Squad and Kirby 64 remixes in Brawl.. hey at least we got something.

To be frank, all this Kirby bias talk got me thinking... Maybe, and only MAYBE the reason Kirby representation is so polarizing is because of all those louder comments that have more to do with character viability, and the seemingly different meanings of the term "Kirby bias". Some people either say: "Oh this character is broken because Sakurai created it!" or "Why only Super Star? What about the newer Kirby games?". It's all over the place.
Sakurai sees these louder "broken character" comments and assesses them as a general term for the whole series. He doesn't want to make another Brawl Meta Knight making his characters balanced although low tier-ish, and he wants to get the quantity of Kirby content to a generous amount and in line with other series (even though mario pokemon and fire emblem get all that content, so it doesnt add up anyway lol). That would be fine and dandy, but Sakurai just decides to add more content from the games HE'S the most familiar with while the most modern games bite the dust. This seems to be the main problem.

Initially, I would just be like: "OK, that kind of sucks but he probably isn't too familiar with the newer games. He probably wants to give those games proper justice with representation, but since he's not familiar with those games, and is afraid to upset modern fans, so he just plays it safe, and adds content straight from those games, like their original music." But hang on... that just doesn't make sense does it? He has downright stated he played Three Houses before the final game released. That game is a long RPG, and Xenoblade 2 is a long RPG, and Persona 5 is a long RPG, and all of those games take a good while to beat each, so SURELY a 2D platformer like Kirby would only take him a few hours in comparison, right? It wouldn't take too much of his time, and are easier games to play and understand... right? He cares for his son's most recent adventures and new friends... RIGHT?

Well, after this tournament, and those anniversary tweets... yeah he does not care at all LMAO. Really, really sad, but I guess I should've expected it. It's honestly similar to how I feel about the Donkey Kong series' representation. Only the arcade games and DKC1. The other DK games barely get represented if at all. And the Wario series. And the F-Zero series. And even the Sonic series to a certain extent. And how StarTropics fans still have nothing... Yeah...
Hopefully in the next Smash game, things will turn around for Kirby and all those other series I mentioned. But I'm not holding out hope personally.
Didn't thought this meme I made 2 years ago would be relevant again, oh well:
1b8.png

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I made a 3d Kirby thread if you want you can visit it (of course Bwd would be playable in it :) )
heres the link: 3d Kirby Ideas Thread

Also i will upload my Smash kirby Youtube video now (check in an Hour From Now) ! just google my name + Kirby and you may find it
(if you have questions because my videos are german you can ask!)

Do you like posts like this i hope i only choose to advertise Things that fit into Here!

Edit: The Video is out right Now!

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

From \ 3/27! / "Kirby Pop-up Shop of the Stars" with the theme of the four seasons opens in Space 7 on the 7th floor of Sapporo PARCO! A large collection of Kirby goods in the venue that expresses the world view of Kirby of the stars! Furthermore, there is also a novelty limited to the venue! ▼ Click here for online store https://kaeru.parco.jp/shop/detail/shop000026755/…

#Kirby of the Stars

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

From \ 3/27! / "Kirby Pop-up Shop of the Stars" with the theme of the four seasons opens in Space 7 on the 7th floor of Sapporo PARCO! A large collection of Kirby goods in the venue that expresses the world view of Kirby of the stars! Furthermore, there is also a novelty limited to the venue! ▼ Click here for online store https://kaeru.parco.jp/shop/detail/shop000026755/…

#Kirby of the Stars
neat

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I know i do this quite often and im sorry but i think some of you might like This Kirby Lore Thread! :
Kirby Lore Thread
And if you dont understand Bandana Dee this is the Perfect Place to gather Info about Him and Other Kirby Chars!

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of this? If we were to get a 2nd bonus character it would have to be someone on par with P. Plant. And I know that WE think the world of him, but maybe Nintendo would consider BandDee niche enough to fit the mold. At the very least he would have more fan demand than someone like Plant.
And if the team chose Plant because of its unique potential, just think of what they could do with the untapped potential of BandDee. I still think BandDee's most unique aspect could be elemental weapon switching on the fly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What do you guys think of this? If we were to get a 2nd bonus character it would have to be someone on par with P. Plant. And I know that WE think the world of him, but maybe Nintendo would consider BandDee niche enough to fit the mold. At the very least he would have more fan demand than someone like Plant.
And if the team chose Plant because of its unique potential, just think of what they could do with the untapped potential of BandDee. I still think BandDee's most unique aspect could be elemental weapon switching on the fly.
i wouldnt put it pass sakuari to cover his ears and close his eyes every time bandana's potential comes up

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im from 20 Years in the Future Sakurai took over Kirby again and we get so many Kirby Content for smash!

We have nice games like Marx´s Return (1-5)
Dyna Blades Revenge
A game where Parallel Bosses Apear namely Dedede, Marx and Knight mare
Airide 2 with newcomers: Marx, Bandana Dee (without spear like in Smash for some reason)
Theyre just as good as the best Kirby Game Super Star (the original)

Chars:
Bandana Dee, Marx, DynaBlade,
Knuckle Joe, Kracko, Whispy,
Broom Hatter, Dark Meta Knight, Chef Kawasaki

Stages:
Dededes Boxring (without electric fences but its DEFINITLY based on ultra)
Bubbly Clouds
Green Gardens+Gears
Spooky Amazing Mirror Mansion
Dyna Blades Nest
Gourmet Race

Ats:
Sharpe and Edge Knight
Heavy Mole
Tiff and Tuff
Escargon
Paint Roller

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i wouldnt put it pass sakuari to cover his ears and close his eyes every time bandana's potential comes up
But maybe that's more like Nintendo covering their ears. Afterall, they had pretty strict control over the DLC lineup even though they gave Sakurai a list to choose characters from. Maybe they didn't put Dee on it and thinks he isn't marketable enough to sell as DLC. Crazy tinfoil hat theory, but I wouldn't put it pass Nintendo to ignore the fans like this.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
But maybe that's more like Nintendo covering their ears. Afterall, they had pretty strict control over the DLC lineup even though they gave Sakurai a list to choose characters from. Maybe they didn't put Dee on it and thinks he isn't marketable enough to sell as DLC. Crazy tinfoil hat theory, but I wouldn't put it pass Nintendo to ignore the fans like this.
I feel like it's more likely that it's Sakurai's doing, tbh

Top Bottom