• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Coming to to you guys with a little theory!

It's based on Voice Threoy. Now contrary to popular belief, it's not about forming a perfect box. it's about filling up placeholder slots in the game's files! We had five left when Steve was added. Sephiroth took up two, and Pyra/Mythra might do the same. That leaves us with one voice slot for two characters. Voiceless characters have no voice slots, so this means that, providing the next patch doesn't add any, that one of the remaining characters will be silent. This helps Bandana Dee immensely! Alongside that, he could be our final first party as a way of thanking HAL, in the Ultimate Smash game, for getting Smash off of the ground. So come March if the Pyra/Mythra patch adds no more placeholder voice slots, then we have a good amount of hope!

Plus Bandana Dee has little to no competition in this regard!
Other voiceless contenders:
Prince of all Cosmos
Louie (they refused to give Olimar his voice, same could happen for Louie)
Master Chief (?)
Adeleine

Keep your eyes peeled!

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Adeleine
I swear if Adeleine gets in over Dee I'm gonna... I'll.. I don't know what I'll do but I'll be mad!

if any of you guys prefer Adeliene, that's fine. More power too ya. I don't hate Adeliene but honestly they feel like some of the only competition Dee has in terms of Kirby characters

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I swear if Adeleine gets in over Dee I'm gonna... I'll.. I don't know what I'll do but I'll be mad!

if any of you guys prefer Adeliene, that's fine. More power too ya. I don't hate Adeliene but honestly they feel like some of the only competition Dee has in terms of Kirby characters
OMG... I LOVE Adeleine, and she was probably the one character (alongside Ribbon) I was truly hyped to see return in Star Allies. But my God, if she gets in Smash BEFORE B.W.D...

Oracle Link

Smash Master
honestly, I guess there could still be another first party

it's just with how much the DLC has focused on 3rd parties, having half the pass be 1st parties just seems like a bit of a stretch, it's mainly just a gut feeling though

but I really hope I'm wrong, especially since the fact we now have a Fire Emblem and Xenoblade character most of the likely options are characters I care about
I mean i as the Edgy (yeah okay this doesnt work because Baby) Antihero will say something mean so all you softies cover your Ears if not you get Corrupted

I would really want to see the angry reactions if he gets in Espeacily because a lot of Reactions seem ridicouls like for example Steve being "unexpected" why he is the main character of the Best selling game right now

You can stop covering you ears maybe some of them see the Quality and Legacy of Kirby after this

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I am once again mentioning my headcannon that BWD has Goku hair.
Seeing this suddenly gave me the urge to try drawing this, and, well....

Wadd1res.png

I sorta took it way further than I originally intended, lol. So here's this silly drawing of Bandana Goku Dee (Couldn't decide on the hair color lol) with his Super Dee 4 and Super Dee God Super Dee forms!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Coming to to you guys with a little theory!

It's based on Voice Threoy. Now contrary to popular belief, it's not about forming a perfect box. it's about filling up placeholder slots in the game's files! We had five left when Steve was added. Sephiroth took up two, and Pyra/Mythra might do the same. That leaves us with one voice slot for two characters. Voiceless characters have no voice slots, so this means that, providing the next patch doesn't add any, that one of the remaining characters will be silent. This helps Bandana Dee immensely! Alongside that, he could be our final first party as a way of thanking HAL, in the Ultimate Smash game, for getting Smash off of the ground. So come March if the Pyra/Mythra patch adds no more placeholder voice slots, then we have a good amount of hope!

Plus Bandana Dee has little to no competition in this regard!
Prince of all Cosmos
Louie (they refused to give Olimar his voice, same could happen for Louie)
Master Chief (?)
Adeleine

Keep your eyes peeled!
Wait youre right no Olimaaaaaar! Luuuuui! ChuChu!

I think the only likely competition is:
Master Chief (?)

Adeline is unlikely because Sakurai hates her

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Anyone else watch the presentation today? From what I understand, concert leak is dead, and only Lloyd survives the mii costume debacle. That's great for Tales Of fans, but personally, 3 JRPG characters in one pass would be a lot. Just coming from a non JRPG fan though.

Anyways, apparently the spirit board reuses some spirits, so there's that for us on the off chance we make it.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Anyone else watch the presentation today? From what I understand, concert leak is dead, and only Lloyd survives the mii costume debacle. That's great for Tales Of fans, but personally, 3 JRPG characters in one pass would be a lot. Just coming from a non JRPG fan though.

Anyways, apparently the spirit board reuses some spirits, so there's that for us on the off chance we make it.
imo Lloyd's death is just a matter of time.

I'm starting to feel more confident in Bandana Dee, actually

Paraster

Smash Lord
I think that the most likely scenario for a Bandana Dee Spirit Board is to fill it with all the Dream Friends.
  • Pre-Existing Spirits
    • Rick
    • Kine
    • Coo
    • Gooey
    • Daroach (didn't have battle in base game)
    • Magolor
    • Susie
  • New Spirits
    • Marx (Kirby Star Allies)
    • Adeleine & Ribbon (either together, as an enhancement of a regular Adeleine Spirit, or separated)
    • Dark Meta Knight
    • Taranza
I'm not sure what the requisite "Legend Spirit with unique skill" would be though. I think the most likely are Void Termina, Morpho Knight, or "Kirby's Dream Team" (Kirby, MK, Dedede, and BD as a group).

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
haaaaaaa im bored

If you want you can watch videos on my new Youtube Channel (although theyre all German and boring looking)

What do you guys think should i make a german KIrby Smash Representation Video?

Otoad64

Smash Lord
haaaaaaa im bored

If you want you can watch videos on my new Youtube Channel (although theyre all German and boring looking)

What do you guys think should i make a german KIrby Smash Representation Video?
I don't speak german, but sure.

oh but I do want to shout out this english Kirby Smash representation video if anyone wants to watch:
I don't really think the copy ability stuff is a good idea but this is generally pretty good.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I don't speak german, but sure.

oh but I do want to shout out this english Kirby Smash representation video if anyone wants to watch:
I don't really think the copy ability stuff is a good idea but this is generally pretty good.
i did already watch his Videos but i try and maker mine a bit better (hopefully)

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

As much as i like the idea of Tales in Smash, having Pyra, Seph AND LLoyd in the same Pass would feel like overkill. Some Smash fans will go "NOOOO STOP CRITIZING FIGHTERS WITH THE ANIMU SWORDFIGHTER ARGUMENT REEEE" but you gotta ask yourself, what if Fighter Pass 2 consisted of Klonoa, Rayman, Crash, Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong? All cartoony characters mostly coming from platformers, you can say they are diverse, but the can easily be grouped as "Cartoony Platform Mascots", which is exactly what happaned to these types of characters in the Nineties (people whine about every JRPG protag being compared to Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy, how about every platform mascot being compared to Sonic and Mario huh?)

He could come back with another swordfighter character, like Ryu Hayabusa,, or could come in with a completely unrelated character (what the **** do Pyra and Sir Arthur have in common?)

Top Bottom