• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

hes Canonicly Dead also hes the Definition of a Oneoff only apearing in one Game (outside Remakes of this Game) and Cameos Magolor apeared a lot so does Dark Matter theyre definitly not One Offs (this would be like calling Shadow/BowserJr a One Off)
Marx was in Star Allies and Mass Attack.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Marx was in Star Allies and Mass Attack.
But both can fall into the category Cameo Starallies features Magolor and Mass attack also features Dark Matter
Dark Matter also appears or is part of the Lore in DL2,Dl3,K64,Kss,KAM,Kpr,KCC while Magolor directly apears in Kirby Clash (deluxe and Super), Kirby Fighters2, Kirby Dream Collection

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
But both can fall into the category Cameo Starallies features Magolor and Mass attack also features Dark Matter
Dark Matter also appears or is part of the Lore in DL2,Dl3,K64,Kss,KAM,Kpr,KCC while Magolor directly apears in Kirby Clash (deluxe and Super), Kirby Fighters2, Kirby Dream Collection
You know Marx is playable in Star Allies right?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

hes Canonicly Dead also hes the Definition of a Oneoff only apearing in one Game (outside Remakes of this Game) and Cameos Magolor apeared a lot so does Dark Matter theyre definitly not One Offs (this would be like calling Shadow/BowserJr a One Off)
I don't think a character being "canonically dead" has anything to do with whether or not they get into Smash. Ridley's been canonically dead since Super Metroid (with any later appearances being set before Super Metroid or being a clone rather than the original), Dark Samus is unambiguously dead, and Sephiroth's dead for all intents and purposes, and yet all of them made it in. (plus, there's various Zelda characters, Marth, Simon/Richter, or Snake (though that last one is just implied), depending on what point in the timeline or which game you're talking about)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think a character being "canonically dead" has anything to do with whether or not they get into Smash. Ridley's been canonically dead since Super Metroid (with any later appearances being set before Super Metroid or being a clone rather than the original), Dark Samus is unambiguously dead, and Sephiroth's dead for all intents and purposes, and yet all of them made it in. (plus, there's various Zelda characters, Marth, Simon/Richter, or Snake (though that last one is just implied), depending on what point in the timeline or which game you're talking about)
yeah ganon's canonically dead in three timelines and several times in one of them

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Marx and Magolor are the most talked about for who will be Kirby's fifth rep, but I haven't been interested in either of them. I guess I wouldn't mind Dark Matter though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In all truth, a character being dead or one off doesn't matter since Smash really isn't canon in the first place. Think of Smash as Toy Story and Master Hand and Crazy Hand as Andy. Master Hand and Crazy Hand/Andy is always playing with his toys/video game characters. This theory could be true since Master Hand picks the fighters out of a toy box in the original Smash Bros. opening:

Plus it looks like Master Hand chooses the fighters as well since you always see a hand icon on the menu when you pick a character. I think Master Hand is a kid and all the characters in the Smash roster are his toys.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I kind of have a hard time thinking of a moveset for marx, in star allies most of his attacks are in the air and rely on taking out large amounts of enemies like his black hole attack, also he has unlimited flight, seems kind of hard to translate into smash

I just think he's better represented as a boss

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kind of have a hard time thinking of a moveset for marx, in star allies most of his attacks are in the air and rely on taking out large amounts of enemies like his black hole attack, also he has unlimited flight, seems kind of hard to translate into smash

I just think he's better represented as a boss
I think it's possible for them to translate his boss moveset into a fighter and nerf his moves since they kind of did that for Ridley as he was boss in Brawl:

Not all of his boss moveset transfered over as a fighter, but a couple of moves did.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Personally, I've always found it weird that Marx is the people's choice for a Kirby antagonist when Kirby's true big bad, Dark Matter, hasn't gotten in Smash yet.
I think it's because his surprise reappearance in Star Allies has something to do with it. Everyone went "Oh yeah, Marx exists" and latched on to him because he's the guy that was relevant at the time.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Well he is a colorful villain and he was the main antagonist of Kirby Superstar which is considered to be the best Kirby game of all time by many.
I consider Ultra to be a top 3 Kirby, but frankly...Marx is forgettable, sans being an irritating super boss in the true arena.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Kirby feels like its at a bit of a crossroads. One on hand, the most recent mainline entries felt like they evolved the gameplay to a remarkable point and especially made the copy abilities better than ever. On the the other hand though, Star Allies felt at times like they'd hit in a wall in terms of doing interesting things with the formula; with the growth demonstrated in RtDL to Triple Deluxe to Robobot feeling both casualized in SA and less engaging with the overall level design.

In fact I'd say that with the Dream Friends essentially paying homage to all three eras of Kirby (the initial growth in 1992-2000, the experimental phase in 2001-2009, and the refinement period in 2010-2019), Star Allies in a lot of ways does seem like the capstone of the series up to this point and that overall it is ready for a major change going forward.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Kirby feels like its at a bit of a crossroads. One on hand, the most recent mainline entries felt like they evolved the gameplay to a remarkable point and especially made the copy abilities better than ever. On the the other hand though, Star Allies felt at times like they'd hit in a wall in terms of doing interesting things with the formula; with the growth demonstrated in RtDL to Triple Deluxe to Robobot feeling both casualized in SA and less engaging with the overall level design.

In fact I'd say that with the Dream Friends essentially paying homage to all three eras of Kirby (the initial growth in 1992-2000, the experimental phase in 2001-2009, and the refinement period in 2010-2019). that Star Allies in a lot of ways does seem like the capstone of the series up to this point and that it overall is ready for a major change going forward.
I remember hal saying they were ready to bring kirby into it's "next phase", whatever that means

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Star Allies is fine, it just that terms of its mechanics its feels like a more simple game that came at the start of the Kirby revival (Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot) rather than the final evolved version of it many were expecting.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Star Allies is fine, it just that terms of its mechanics its feels like a more simple game that came at the start of the Kirby revival (Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot) rather than the final evolved version of it many were expecting.
I say its mostly the Level Design the Mechanics would be stuf like
Ability, Multiplayer and Co
The only Mechanic thats Missing are Good Super abilitys and 3d Stars

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Personally, I've always found it weird that Marx is the people's choice for a Kirby antagonist when Kirby's true big bad, Dark Matter, hasn't gotten in Smash yet.
Sakurai bias. Dark Matter comes from games that Sakurai didn't developed while MARX did, and as Smash has shown time and time again, Sakurai puts most of his efforts in Kirby content he had a direct hand on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom