• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
That's a bull**** excuse. I hate it when people think or say that all the DLC picks should all be 3rd party picks like those are the only hyped picks to choose from. There still plenty of hyped Nintendo picks left that would be just as exciting to see as many 3rd party characters. We haven't scrapped the bottom of the barrel yet with the Nintendo catalog regardless of what most people think.
To add, where did the weird notion that Smash Bros. DLC has to represent everything ever come from? I see more people act like Smash Bros. is supposed to be representing every game, but...since when????

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To add, where did the weird notion that Smash Bros. DLC has to represent everything ever come from? I see more people act like Smash Bros. is supposed to be representing every game, but...since when????
Since 3rd parties haven been included and DLC was a thing in Smash. I feel like most people think it's about trying to stuff every franchise they love into Smash Bros. more so than the actual characters they want. I care more about my favorite characters than every protagonist of my favorite franchises. Protagonist characters usually ain't my favorite characters most of the time.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Since 3rd parties haven been included and DLC was a thing in Smash. I feel like most people think it's about trying to stuff every franchise they love into Smash Bros. more so than the actual characters they want. I care more about my favorite characters than every protagonist of my favorite franchises. Protagonist characters usually ain't my favorite characters most of the time.
Right, but it's so perpendicular. I feel like those types of fans are the same kind that like mods that just replace skins with other character models (there's nothing wrong with like those). Quantity over quality, I reckon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
supposedly sakurai said smash was about all of gaming now but i can never find the source

SharkLord

Smash Hero
From the current DLC, it seems that everyone who isn't the main character or the mascot get the short end of the stick. That's why I'm kinda iffy on Bandana Dee. I'd be elated if I'm proven wrong, though.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
supposedly sakurai said smash was about all of gaming now but i can never find the source
Going to assume that was probably a translation that was slightly inaccurate, or people are making up stuff again. I think people are confusing "gaming icons" with "all of gaming".

I mean, there's the Min Min thing, who's a "main character" as much as any of the ARMS cast. Who says that logic doesn't apply to playables in other franchises that have story relevance?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Going to assume that was probably a translation that was slightly inaccurate, or people are making up stuff again. I think people are confusing "gaming icons" with "all of gaming".

I mean, there's the Min Min thing, who's a "main character" as much as any of the ARMS cast. Who says that logic doesn't apply to playables in other franchises that have story relevance?
well there does seem to be a larger focus on 3rd parties this time around but i dont think 1st parties are by any means out of the running

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think Kirby should get even more than just Bandana my ideas are (for the next Smash):

Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Magolor
Dark Matter

Stages:
DeDeDe Castle
Halcandra

Assit Trophies:
Adeline
Taranza
Kracko

Music:
Masked Dedede Theme
Galcta Knight Theme

Mii Costumes:
Adeline
Bandana
Susie
Hyness

Cuts:
All old assit Trophies
One Green Greens Stage
Great Cave Offensive
Some Music Variant Example Crowned 2

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
well that doesnt make any sense hes still with them in the main games all the time. thats like calling a game that starts off in dream land "return to dream land"

hang on...
I never understood why they decided on that name for the game. I mean, up until then, most Kirby games took place in Dreamland anyway, so what's he returning from, exactly?????

Anyway, sometimes I think about who player 4 could've been in that game if they didn't upgrade BWD. As far I can tell, the only other playables around then besides Meta Knight and D3 were helpers from Super Star, Gooey, and the Animal Friends (to a lesser extent, the Waddle Dee from K64 too). I imagine Gooey would've been the choice, and he would be similar to what he it is Star Allies instead of a secondary Kirby playstyle. Heck, I could be speculating for nothing, as player for could've just been Keeby, considering the alternate choices.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I never understood why they decided on that name for the game. I mean, up until then, most Kirby games took place in Dreamland anyway, so what's he returning from, exactly?????

Anyway, sometimes I think about who player 4 could've been in that game if they didn't upgrade BWD. As far I can tell, the only other playables around then besides Meta Knight and D3 were helpers from Super Star, Gooey, and the Animal Friends (to a lesser extent, the Waddle Dee from K64 too). I imagine Gooey would've been the choice, and he would be similar to what he it is Star Allies instead of a secondary Kirby playstyle. Heck, I could be speculating for nothing, as player for could've just been Keeby, considering the alternate choices.
The idea is that he's returning to the older style of Kirby games, since the last game like that was Squeak Squad (Not counting Super Star Ultra, which was a remake).

Lenidem

Smash Lord
well that doesnt make any sense hes still with them in the main games all the time. thats like calling a game that starts off in dream land "return to dream land"

hang on...
Well, it's like calling a game "Donkey Kong Country Returns" while the Kongs never actually left their Country. Except, you know, the few of them who regularly travel to the Mushroom Kingdom for sport competitions.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, it's like calling a game "Donkey Kong Country Returns" while the Kongs never actually left their Country. Except, you know, the few of them who regularly travel to the Mushroom Kingdom for sport competitions.
at least the gap had been much more substantial

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Reminder that characters who are not main protagonists or mascots don't get into Smash as DLC.
(Piranha Plant might does not count, it's a enemy.)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Reminder that characters who are not main protagonists or mascots don't get into Smash as DLC.
(Piranha Plant might does not count, it's a enemy.)
I mean if enemies can get in, that's already moving the goalposts way beyond just protagonists and mascots.

If enemies can get in, then surely Bandana Dee, who's originally an enemy and still represents a species of enemies, can get in.

Not to mention I'd say Bandana Dee and Waddle Dees are mascots of Kirby.

So, uh, you're wrong?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I mean if enemies can get in, that's already moving the goalposts way beyond just protagonists and mascots.

If enemies can get in, then surely Bandana Dee, who's originally an enemy and still represents a species of enemies, can get in.

Not to mention I'd say Bandana Dee and Waddle Dees are mascots of Kirby.

So, uh, you're wrong?
shrugs
Think so.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

hang on...
The funny thing is Return to Dreamland doesnt even take Place in Dreamland

Oracle Link

Smash Master
part of it does
In Star allies we see that Dreamland is in the Middle of Popstar and every world in RTD is on one of the ends
so not a single Level Takes place in Dreamland (The only Dreamland is the outside of Magolors Ship on Popstar)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In Star allies we see that Dreamland is in the Middle of Popstar and every world in RTD is on one of the ends
so not a single Level Takes place in Dreamland (The only Dreamland is the outside of Magolors Ship on Popstar)
i dont think nintendo/hal are that set on where on pop star dream land is

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i dont think nintendo/hal are that set on where on pop star dream land is
True but still the middle makes the most sense mostly because in star allies the first wold Dreamland is in the middle of Popstar
also in Japan no Game has the japanese word for Dreamland in it which makes considering that Dreamland 2 and 3 as well as return at least dont fully take Place in Dreamland
Ps i think Kirbys Adventure Wii makes more sense its the Title of the game in my Contry Germany as well as every other Pal Region Copy
and the JP Name is Kirby from the Stars Wii

Last edited:
Top Bottom