• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I can try making an Moveset at least a Part of it!

Double Jump can Glide with Parasol

B = Beam Whip can be Charged for Beam Ball
Side B = Spear Throw
Up B = Waddle Copter
Down B = Friend Parasol

Final Smash = Megaton Punch

Stage = Dedede Arena (Superstar ULTRA , Kirby Fighters) or Dedede Castle (Star allies, Squeaksquad)

Sorry but most other Moves are Self Explanatory

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I feel like that people keep saying that first party reps would be boring as DLC and don't get much hype...
Yeah as a big Nintendo Fan this makes me Mad because Smash was origanly about Nintendo and there are Cool Characters like
Bandana Waddle Dee (obvisoly), Dark Matter, Magolor, Skull kid, Impa, Goron, Toad, Giovanni(Pokemon), Metroid(they are an Enemy but the Franchise is named after them), Black Shadow(i dont know him), Porky, Tom Nook and many more!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Yeah as a big Nintendo Fan this makes me Mad because Smash was origanly about Nintendo and there are Cool Characters like
Bandana Waddle Dee (obvisoly), Dark Matter, Magolor, Skull kid, Impa, Goron, Toad, Giovanni(Pokemon), Metroid(they are an Enemy but the Franchise is named after them), Black Shadow(i dont know him), Porky, Tom Nook and many more!
Same, kinda saddened that half of Smash 4 and Ultimate were third party reps with not much Nintendo characters.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
A great appeal from Smash Bros that i had is that i could learn about Nintendo's vast gaming history, guest characters just don't do that for me since i tend to recongize most of them, including Richter and Terry.

If im honest i disagree with he whole "THirD PARTies aRe MoRE HypE!" mentality, because they have become so common in Smash and other fighting games that they have now become a predictable norm, instead of a novelty.

Back in Brawl, Sonic was the only other guest, was revealed MONTHS after Snake was confirmed, and he was the best Smash announcement of that era. Steve, the main face of the greatest gaming crossover of the current generation................and im like eh? okay. Because it was inevitable and predictable.

I guess im in the minority, because while i don't hate guests in Smash, i hate that they have stolen the spotlight and are the main focus, which is why the Fighter Pass 1 was overall dissapointing, even if the choices by themselves were okay.

Smash should always be about Nintendo first and foremost, and guests should be used sparringly to spice it up occasionally, not bombarding them with the hopes to get Old' Jimmy who owns a PS4 to try this Nintendo game because it has this guest character on it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm fine with the third-parties, but some more first-parties would be nice. I guess it just sticks out more because the majority of the first parties were concentrated in the base game, which prioritized bringing back as much as possible over new content. The DLC generally tends to favor third parties, as the majority of the first party candidates either can't supply a full pack, or they're not in demand from either the casual or the hardcore audience. We've spend more time in the DLC than the base game, so it's even more noticeable.

Though, I'm sure an Astral Chain pack wouldn't have hurt

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I'm fine with the third-parties, but some more first-parties would be nice. I guess it just sticks out more because the majority of the first parties were concentrated in the base game, which prioritized bringing back as much as possible over new content. The DLC generally tends to favor third parties, as the majority of the first party candidates either can't supply a full pack, or they're not in demand from either the casual or the hardcore audience. We've spend more time in the DLC than the base game, so it's even more noticeable.

Though, I'm sure an Astral Chain pack wouldn't have hurt
Im also fine with Third Parties I just cant understand that some People hate the Concept of getting after 3Games another
Kirby/Zelda Rep in a Nintendo Game also I think we do get too many Mario,Pokemon and especilay Fire Emblem Reps For Example

64: 12 Nintendo Reps Balanced
Meele: Still Balanced Outside of no Dedede
Brawl: Perfect
4: Retro, Mario, Pokemon, FE, And Third Party
Ultimate/Special: Mario, Pokemon, FE, K.rool Ridley Isabelle, And 8 Third Party Reps

PS I like Mario and Pokemon! But all 3 just get to much Fighters at once and dont get me started on Pirahna Plant Daisy would have been Enough same Thing with Chrom and Byleth!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Im also fine with Third Parties I just cant understand that some People hate the Concept of getting after 3Games another
Kirby/Zelda Rep in a Nintendo Game also I think we do get too many Mario,Pokemon and especilay Fire Emblem Reps For Example

64: 12 Nintendo Reps Balanced
Meele: Still Balanced Outside of no Dedede
Brawl: Perfect
4: Retro, Mario, Pokemon, FE, And Third Party
Ultimate/Special: Mario, Pokemon, FE, K.rool Ridley Isabelle, And 8 Third Party Reps

PS I like Mario and Pokemon! But all 3 just get to much Fighters at once and dont get me started on Pirahna Plant Daisy would have been Enough same Thing with Chrom and Byleth!
I feel like Mario, Pokemon and Fire Emblem get way too much reps.
Reminder: Kirby and Zelda haven't gotten a newcomer for a long time.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
King Dedede: Clobber! Clobber him! HEHAHAHAHAHA!!! You're better at beating up Kerbey than those old Nightmare Enterprise monsters! I should hire you instead of relaying on Nightmare Enterprises to get the job done.
Kirby(Games/Canon)= What are you Talking about you were the first one to defeat Nightmare also the invite wasnt adressed to Bandana Waddle Dee it was adressed to Shrek!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
until toad's on the roster there will never be enough mario characters
to be fair I feartured Toad in the List:

but still a Kirby/Zelda Rep should come before him!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
to be fair I feartured Toad in the List:

but still a Kirby/Zelda Rep should come before him!
your comment isnt the one i was responding to

Oracle Link

Smash Master
your comment isnt the one i was responding to
True still I sorta starded this debatte so im feeling responsible

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
thats not strictly true
Agreed. Every 1st party character can supply a full pack. Smash Bros. rarely scratches the surface when it comes to music. Yes the game has over 800 tracks but a lot of the music comes from a very small selection of games in a franchise and a lot of the songs are remixes of a single tune (looking at you Jungle Hijinx and Zelda Theme). Also with how vast and long lasting a lot of Nintendo's franchises are you can never run out of stage ideas.

I can even provide a few exanples:

Dixie Kong - Comes with a minecart level, a bramble level, a honeycomb level, a frozen DK island level, any stage based off of DK: Tropical Freeze basically any level thats not a generic jungle. As for music. DK has some of the best music in all of gaming yet Smash barely scratches the surface. You can pull music from DKC3 which has no tracks, Tropical Freeze which only has 2 tracks, Barrel Blast which has no music (got removed), DK64 which has no music besides the butchered DK Rap, and Jungle Beat which only has 1 music track.

Bandana Dee - You can literally choose a stage based on any modern Kirby game because their is none. Also while Kirby IMO has a fair amount of music tracks that are varied their is still a ton missing in Smash mainly from once again modern Kirby games. Also its not like Bandana Dee is short on material to work with considering their is a new Kirby game every year..

Captain Toad - Represent a new franchise and while a lot of Captain Toad's levels are based on 3D Worlds levels/assests. It shouldn't be a problem in Smash because 3D World doesn't even have a stage based on it in Smash. Its the only 3D Mario game with no stage representation in Smash. Captain Toad could come along with both a stage based on 3D World as well as Treasure Tracker (it would also tie in nicely with the upcoming Switch port). As for music their is only 2 3D World tracks in Smash (Super Bell Hill and Bowser Battle) I believe. Captain Toad could not only come with the few original tracks found in his own game but a bunch of 3D World music as well.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Agreed. Every 1st party character can supply a full pack. Smash Bros. rarely scratches the surface when it comes to music. Yes the game has over 800 tracks but a lot of the music comes from a very small selection of games in a franchise and a lot of the songs are remixes of a single tune (looking at you Jungle Hijinx and Zelda Theme). Also with how vast and long lasting a lot of Nintendo's franchises are you can never run out of stage ideas.

I can even provide a few exanples:

Dixie Kong - Comes with a minecart level, a bramble level, a honeycomb level, a frozen DK island level, any stage based off of DK: Tropical Freeze basically any level thats not a generic jungle. As for music. DK has some of the best music in all of gaming yet Smash barely scratches the surface. You can pull music from DKC3 which has no tracks, Tropical Freeze which only has 2 tracks, Barrel Blast which has no music (got removed), DK64 which has no music besides the butchered DK Rap, and Jungle Beat which only has 1 music track.

Bandana Dee - You can literally choose a stage based on any modern Kirby game because their is none. Also while Kirby IMO has a fair amount of music tracks that are varied their is still a ton missing in Smash mainly from once again modern Kirby games. Also its not like Bandana Dee is short on material to work with considering their is a new Kirby game every year..

Captain Toad - Represent a new franchise and while a lot of Captain Toad's levels are based on 3D Worlds levels/assests. It shouldn't be a problem in Smash because 3D World doesn't even have a stage based on it in Smash. Its the only 3D Mario game with no stage representation in Smash. Captain Toad could come along with both a stage based on 3D World as well as Treasure Tracker (it would also tie in nicely with the upcoming Switch port). As for music their is only 2 3D World tracks in Smash (Super Bell Hill and Bowser Battle) I believe. Captain Toad could not only come with the few original tracks found in his own game but a bunch of 3D World music as well.
I have other exampales=

Vaati - Comes with Vaatis Palace or Dark castle Hyrule and can use Tracks like:
Vaati Boss Themes Phase 1-3
Temple of droplets
anything from FourSword and Adventures
these 3 games Minish cap , Four swords and Adventures have only 1 Track that is a Kakriko Remix
Spirits: Vaati (Mage/Fighter Spirit) Vaati (Boss Form 1 and 2) Statue Vaati and Shadow Link(four Swords Adventures)

Dark Matter (kirby)=
Stage= Another Dimension, Darkcastle, Darkstar, Ripple Star or DDD Castle (DL3)
Music:
Coo, Rick and Kines Theme Remix
Darkness Returns
Masked Dedede Remix
Mecha Knightmare
Galacta Knight Remix
Spirit : Dark Matter (True/FS), Zero 1 and 2 and Adeline

Here is a Bandana Dee Fighters Pass Idea

Fighter: Bandana Dee (Duh!)
Stage Dedede Arena (Superstar ULTRA) or Dedede Castle or Halcandra or you get the Idea
Music:
Coo, Rick and Kines Theme Remix
Darkness Returns
Masked Dedede Remix
Mecha Knightmare
Galacta Knight Remix
Apple Juice (instrumental) Remix
Kirby Star allies Void Termina All Phases
Boss Theme Medly 2

Spirits: Bandana Dee (Parasol new Fighters Spirit) Dark Matter (True Form), Zero 1 and 2, Taranza, Star Dream, VoidTermina( Humanoid and Soul), Hyness, Shadow Kirby(KF2) and Adeline

If you Want to Know more about Kirby Meteorz is on Youtube! (little Shoutout)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
This is true but i defiently prefer Darkmatter over Marx! Also the same can be said about Galacta Kinght, he is from Superster ultra the First modern apearence of Bandana Waddle Dee and maybe Adeline, ya know because of the Waddle dee 64 is bandana theory!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sadly, I've been seeing Smash fans acknowledge Dee's popularity, but saying he only would've been good as a base game pick, and shouldn't be DLC. Either cause his moveset would be too simple, or cause he wouldn't be as exciting as third-parties.
Same, first party DLC would be too boring...

Tis a big sad.

Edit: An entire chunk of DLC is this.
3rd Party::ultryu::ultcloud: :ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Steve
1st Party::ultpiranha::ultcorrin::ultbyleth::ultminmin

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sadly, I've been seeing Smash fans acknowledge Dee's popularity, but saying he only would've been good as a base game pick, and shouldn't be DLC. Either cause his moveset would be too simple, or cause he wouldn't be as exciting as third-parties.
not surprised

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Bandana Waddle Dee should have been in Smash 4.
Characters that are less important than Dee:
Lucina, Chrom, Pichu, 3 Link are 1 too much 2 are perfect, Melinda, Piranha Plant,
Waluigi (still he is better than Piranha), Daisy, Geno(he is coll but definitly not IMPORTANT),
Shiek(Impa is the important one) usw...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Lucina, Chrom, Pichu, 3 Link are 1 too much 2 are perfect, Melinda, Piranha Plant,
Waluigi (still he is better than Piranha), Daisy, Geno(he is coll but definitly not IMPORTANT),
While I'm not sure who Melinda is supposed to be, most of the characters that you mentioned (the only exceptions being Piranha Plant, a character who was a bonus for early buyers, Sheik, a popular character who's been around since Melee and is also Zelda, and Geno and Waluigi, who aren't playable at the moment) are clones, meaning that it took little to no effort to include them.

Unless you're saying that Bandanna Dee should be a clone of someone like Kirby or Meta Knight, that's not a reasonable comparison.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not sure who Melinda is supposed to be, most of the characters that you mentioned (the only exceptions being Piranha Plant, a character who was a bonus for early buyers, Sheik, a popular character who's been around since Melee and is also Zelda, and Geno and Waluigi, who aren't playable at the moment) are clones, meaning that it took little to no effort to include them.

Unless you're saying that Bandanna Dee should be a clone of someone like Kirby or Meta Knight, that's not a reasonable comparison.
A quick Google tells me that "Melinda" is Isabelle's name in German... and as much as I love Bandana Dee, he's definitely not more important than her. Even Chrom and Lucina have serious claims to being more notable.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Also i try to explain myself:

Im talking about Importance not Popularity!

One-Offs (echo) (only 1 important appearence): Lucina and Chrom off course there Echos but we couldve got Impa or Galacta Knight instead of them both are in more games also we already have Robin! Daisy is only a spinoff Character (outside of Mario Land)

Pichu we DONT need 2 Pokemon from the same Line Playable Never!

Shiek is only popular because of Smash and was in only one Game

Waluigi (Mario Spinoff)+Geno(One-off): I know they arent in the Game but they get more Support!

I am german i just werent paying attention so i forgot for a moment that her English name is isabelle.(This is the reason why my English isnt the Best)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
No we couldn't have. Lucina and Chrom already had Smash models made for them. Also that post really sounds like you need to calm down.
Yeah I think I and everyone else Should calm down!
To achieve this how about a Fun-Fact about Bandana Waddle Dee i dont like his German Name
his Name is Waddle Dee Assistent (means the same in German and English) sometimes i do prefer German Names
not this Time Tho!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
whos important is subjective, especially when it comes to comparing to other series

Oracle Link

Smash Master
whos important is subjective, especially when it comes to comparing to other series
I mean technically everything is Subjective also im taölking about Importance within their own Series Also also I dont hate these Characters
Positivity

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean technically everything is Subjective also im taölking about Importance within their own Series Also also I dont hate these Characters
Positivity
you said there were less important characters already in so you were comparing it to other series

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Slightly related to BWD, but I found it interesting that Kirby Fighters 2 base buddies are BWD (of course) and...Gooey. He WAS one of the original player 2's in the franchise after all, but it seems like they want to make him more known???
Maybe they though he'd be the most simplistic and would fit the gameplay better, while still being unique. The constant switching of the Animal Friends might be confusing and they work as stage cameos anyways, Marx and Dark Meta Knight's everything would shred the game, Adeleine and Daroach might've relied too much on summoning, Taranza and the Mage Sisters might've been deemed as overlapping with the other buddies and/or would work as hats, and Susie might've seemed a bit bland without the Business Suit, which would've been harder to balance.

Or maybe they just like Gooey.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Maybe they though he'd be the most simplistic and would fit the gameplay better, while still being unique. The constant switching of the Animal Friends might be confusing and they work as stage cameos anyways, Marx and Dark Meta Knight's everything would shred the game, Adeleine and Daroach might've relied too much on summoning, Taranza and the Mage Sisters might've been deemed as overlapping with the other buddies and/or would work as hats, and Susie might've seemed a bit bland without the Business Suit, which would've been more balanced.

Or maybe they just like Gooey.
When talking about why certain characters might have been (temporarily?) omitted from Kirby Fighters 2, I feel like it just brings me back to why I like how Bandana Dee's moveset would fit like a glove in Smash. Heck, maybe he would finally be the one to give Kirby reps a solid edge over the competition (without resorting to needlessly OP attacks and mechanics).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's a bull**** excuse. I hate it when people think or say that all the DLC picks should all be 3rd party picks like those are the only hyped picks to choose from. There still plenty of hyped Nintendo picks left that would be just as exciting to see as many 3rd party characters. We haven't scrapped the bottom of the barrel yet with the Nintendo catalog regardless of what most people think.

Top Bottom