• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm not the biggest Kirby fan, but I'd really, really want BWD to make it into Smash. He has been on my wishlist since Sm4sh. In every installment he's playable in, he's just so much fun to play as. And Smash Flash 2 definitely helped to fuel my interest in the character. I believe that BWD is truly the 4th main-stayer of the Kirby cast. The little guy has consistently appeared in most Kirby games since Return to Dreamland in prominent roles. Kirby has a big enough legacy to warrant another addition, and I think BWD would make for a really fun character.

Also, that render in the new game is amazing!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, considering Bandana Dee is used as Kirby's buddy for the story mode, I think we can finally, finally lay the "he's not important!" argument to rest.

I mean, we all knew he was important, but it's nice to see another affirmation.
they wont

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
they wont
They never will. Bandana Dee could get in, with Kumazaki or even Sakurai admitting his importance and explaining why with actual evidence from the games and there'd still be stragglers. But it's really good ammunition (especially since their go-to counter pick Marx isn't here at all)

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Kirby Fighters 2, you unlock hats based on two of the three Mage Sisters if you have data from Star Allies on your console. I'm not sure if there's another way to unlock them, or why it's only two of them instead of all three, or if having Super Kirby Clash on there gets you something, but I figure it's worth mentioning. (EDIT: it turns out that the third hat is tied to the Beam ability, which you don't unlock until somewhere around rank 15)

I'm enjoying it so far; it's a bit of a shame that the game's 90% Kirbys (I would have liked the option to swap to the partner characters from Star Allies who have the same powers, like Bonkers or Poppy Bros.), but the stages have had a lot of fun references from what I've seen.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Staarih

Smash Master

"beloved"

they K N O W
That's a Smash moveset for BD right there.

Anyway, popped in to say I'm loving the sudden attention Bandana Dee is getting now via Kirby Fighters 2. I feel like support for him had quieted down a bit, this'll spice things up a bit!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

"beloved"

they K N O W
He was also acknowledged as a “fan favourite legacy character” in the March 2018 Direct.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
EipM6lXX0AEjBYz.jpeg

Kirby can't read. Which is hilarious xD
Also HAL pretty much nailed Dedede's look at this point.

BTW I LOVE the new Bandana Dee render. You can put it side by side with the other Smash Kirby characters and it wouldn't look off by any means.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Between the marketing, his place in spin-offs, and roles in mainline games, BWD is clearly prominent.

Hopefully the producers of Smash will discover that fact at some point.
Fighter Pass 2 might be hazy at the moment, but if there's a Fighter Pass 3...

You can bet your sweet bippy he'll be joining the roster!

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So far, I only really have a couple of issues with Kirby Fighters 2. Aside from the online occasionally being the Good Ol' Nintendo Switch Online (trademark), I was finding a lot of the same people earlier, and you really don't get a lot of EXP for a game. For one online game, a loss is worth 720 and a win is 960. Which doesn't scale based on level (I'm presently level 42, and I'm getting the same numbers as about 5 levels prior despite the level requirements increasing). So getting to 100 is a bit of a grind if you're going via online. Either way, the game is still really fun, and that shouldn't deter you from picking it up if you're on the fence.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Say, if any of ya'll with Fighters 2 are willing to check (I wanna save my money for now, and I didn't really like the Fighters sub-game in Triple Deluxe), does Bandana Dee have any new moves here that he didn't have in Star Allies? I believe that every character has a grab, so I'd be interested to see what Dee's grab is at the very least.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Say, if any of ya'll with Fighters 2 are willing to check (I wanna save my money for now, and I didn't really like the Fighters sub-game in Triple Deluxe), does Bandana Dee have any new moves here that he didn't have in Star Allies? I believe that every character has a grab, so I'd be interested to see what Dee's grab is at the very least.
His grab is pretty generic but his throw looks pretty sweet, he rams a spinning spear into his opponent sending them away.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I feel like Wrestler could be the future replacement/combination of Suplex, Throw and Backdrop. Especially considering that the latter two are a product of single move abilities, they could all easily be combined (like Ice and Freeze, or Fire and Burning). As for Dee, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if one of his throws are based on one of those abilities in Smash.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I feel like Wrestler could be the future replacement/combination of Suplex, Throw and Backdrop. Especially considering that the latter two are a product of single move abilities, they could all easily be combined (like Ice and Freeze, or Fire and Burning). As for Dee, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if one of his throws are based on one of those abilities in Smash.
Rest in Peace Bugzzy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fighter Pass 2 might be hazy at the moment, but if there's a Fighter Pass 3...

You can bet your sweet bippy he'll be joining the roster!
I wish I could say the same, but nothing is guaranteed. I imagine Nintendo will try to squeeze in as many 3rd parties as possible even if we get a 3rd Pass.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Yo, so someone correct me if I'm just being dumb, but in that 'Copy Compendium' video at the section they're showing off Band Dee, are they playing Kirby 64 music? If so, then does that confirm that Waddle Dee buddy from 64 was Bandana Waddle Dee?!

Top Bottom