• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Kirby's big, but not nearly as big as Pokemon or Fire Emblem. And also, Bandana Dee's not nearly as big as someone like Geno.
Not this again....

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Kirby
Total sales: 41.43 million

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Fir...t of the,sold 16.15 million copies worldwide.
Total sales: 16.5 million (53% of the total sales of the franchise are the last 3 non-remake games)

Geno is a small bubble inside the Smash fandom. He may come because of the really hard demand, but the reality is that a character that has appeared in multiple games that have sold 2 millions of copies will be more known than a character whose only appearance is from the SNES era.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Geno's like one of the most popular character requests period what are you talking about? Bandana Dee's got nothing in terms of fan demand compared to characters like Geno. And Pokemon and Fire Emblem are huge franchises with huge amounts of fans. The only reason FE and Kanto/Galar/Gen 9 aren't vocal about it is because the many fans either don't know about their detractors or have grown accustomed to it. Basically a silent majority.

Kirby's big, but not nearly as big as Pokemon or Fire Emblem. And also, Bandana Dee's not nearly as big as someone like Geno.
Bandana Dee is moderately popular among the casual audience, and has proven himself to be a major Smash request. Plus, he's more than likely going to appear next Kirby game. If anything, his biggest problem is the possibility of Sakurai and Nintendo not choosing him.
Geno's a weird paradoxical situation. He's an obscure character from an obscure game who's been kept afloat by the fans, and that's both his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.

You're too hard on yourself and your favorites. Lighten up, try to be less cynical, maybe hug a friendly, fluffy animal. The world isn't out to get you, and thinking that way is a unhealthy mindset to have.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Not this again....

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Kirby
Total sales: 41.43 million

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem#:~:text=As a result of the,sold 16.15 million copies worldwide.
Total sales: 16.5 million (53% of the total sales of the franchise are the last 3 non-remake games)

Geno is a small bubble inside the Smash fandom. He may come because of the really hard demand, but the reality is that a character that has appeared in multiple games that have sold 2 millions of copies will be more known than a character whose only appearance is from the SNES era.
Pretty much.

You don't see anyone clamoring for Geno in anything but Smash when you think about it.
Also, for as big and popular as Pokemon is, an 11th Pokemon joining the battle from an already controversial game, as nothing more than a shill pick to advertise something that doesn't even need advertising, would probably make for an undeniably lukewarm and underwhelming reveal. Regardless of how many fans the series has, not too many people are genuinely thinking of another Pokemon character outside of predictions lists.

Fire Emblem has already had its fill, so anyway you slice it people aren't genuinely asking for another rep to be included so soon.
Even then, I have a hard time comparing a franchise like Fire Emblem to the likes of Pokemon or Mario in terms of overall popularity.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pretty much.

You don't see anyone clamoring for Geno in anything but Smash when you think about it.
That's largely because Smash is one of the very small list of things that he can appear in. Since he's a Mario character that's owned by Square-Enix, he seems basically limited to Smash, Fortune Street on the Wii, and Mario Sports Mix on the Wii in terms of games that he could have potentially appeared in, which isn't exactly an extensive list.

When it comes to first party spirit promotions, I figure that Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong are among the most likely - they're popular, long-standing picks with seemingly nothing in their way. (Captain Toad might be another one, though I'm not sure if there'd be controversy with choosing Captain Toad over the kind of Toad that we see in Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D World, and the New Super Mario Bros. games)

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
That's largely because Smash is one of the very small list of things that he can appear in. Since he's a Mario character that's owned by Square-Enix, he seems basically limited to Smash, Fortune Street on the Wii, and Mario Sports Mix on the Wii in terms of games that he could have potentially appeared in, which isn't exactly an extensive list.

When it comes to first party spirit promotions, I figure that Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong are among the most likely - they're popular, long-standing picks with seemingly nothing in their way. (Captain Toad might be another one, though I'm not sure if there'd be controversy with choosing Captain Toad over the kind of Toad that we see in Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D World, and the New Super Mario Bros. games)
Yeah, you definitely have a point.
Although, it's pretty clear that Geno's popularity derives mostly from Smash rather than in general, considering that I'll probably never hear anyone talk about Geno outside the realm of Smash.
In comparison, Bandana Dee comes from an iconic species while being the most popular/recognizable variation among that species, all without the influence of Smash I'd say.

Also, I really hope that Dixie does end up making it in.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, you definitely have a point.
Although, it's pretty clear that Geno's popularity derives mostly from Smash rather than in general, considering that I'll probably never hear anyone talk about Geno outside the realm of Smash.
In comparison, Bandana Dee comes from an iconic species while being the most popular/recognizable variation among that species, all without the influence of Smash I'd say.

Also, I really hope that Dixie does end up making it in.
I personally rank BWD's chances above Dixie's on the basis that Kirby has a fair bit left to be represented in terms of stages, Spirits and songs. Then again, I'm not very into DK so I wouldn't really know who's missing.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I personally rank BWD's chances above Dixie's on the basis that Kirby has a fair bit left to be represented in terms of stages, Spirits and songs. Then again, I'm not very into DK so I wouldn't really know who's missing.
Kiddy Kong is a must. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's definitely a ton of material to work with for the Donkey Kong series - unlike what Smash Bros. would have you believe, there's more to the series than jungles. Whether it's based on DKC2 (lava-filled caves, an amusement park, beehives, swamps...), DKC3 (giant trees, piers, cliffs - not as familiar with DKC3), or Tropical Freeze (freezers and ice worlds, a minecart track, the middle of a storm, a giant sawmill, or in grasslands on top of giant puppets), there's a lot of potential stages for Donkey Kong Country that are being ignored.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
There's definitely a ton of material to work with for Donkey Kong - unlike what Smash Bros. would have you believe, there's more to the series than jungles. Whether it's based on DKC2 (lava, an amusement park, beehives, swamps...), DKC3 (giant trees, piers, cliffs - not as familiar with DKC3), or Tropical Freeze (freezers and ice worlds, the middle of a storm, a giant sawmill, or in grasslands on top of giant puppets), there's a lot of potential stages for Donkey Kong Country that are being ignored.
Yeah, that's fair. I feel like with the increased focus on characters, the stages have been kinda neglected. We've only had four of them; The majority are returning stages that are often overlapping with another or another retro stage. There's also the fact that many are awkward scrolling stages or have a clunky layout (re: ****ING 75M). One of the major pros of a hypothetical Smash reboot would be a shakeup of the stages.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Well if Kirby is missing tangible content from anything non-Sakurai. DK is missing content from everything post-DKC1 (The 1994 game). It had one modern stage in Smash 4, but it was taken away And it has one of the poorest music selection of any large series in Smash. With 7 versions of the same song and missing most of the music that made DKC a known music behemot.
:ultkrool: and some new music from DKC2 i Ultimate patched that up.
But that Tournament Event really showed how both DK and Kirby are two sides of the same coin when it comes to being underrepresented. Both Dixie and Bandana Dee should have been in by now if you ask me.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well if Kirby is missing tangible content from anything non-Sakurai. DK is missing content from everything post-DKC1 (The 1994 game). It had one modern stage in Smash 4, but it was taken away And it has one of the poorest music selection of any large series in Smash. With 7 versions of the same song and missing most of the music that made DKC a known music behemot.
:ultkrool: and some new music from DKC2 i Ultimate patched that up.
But that Tournament Event really showed how both DK and Kirby are two sides of the same coin when it comes to being underrepresented. Both Dixie and Bandana Dee should have been in by now if you ask me.
I feel like Smash has moved away from complete representation to just trying to shove in as much new fighters as possible, which is both good and bad. It's the biggest crossover in gaming, but there's a lot missing. I'd argue it's not truly ultimate, and that no Smash game will ever truly be ultimate, because there's just too many bases to cover.
Assuming we get a Smash reboot in the future, I wonder how well it will fare. Some may think it's a letdown, but if we get more first-parties like, say, Bandana Dee or Isaac, that may redeem it in the eyes of some. Quality over quantity, that's what I think the argument is.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Captain Toad might be another one, though I'm not sure if there'd be controversy with choosing Captain Toad over the kind of Toad that we see in Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D World, and the New Super Mario Bros. games
I think given how Toad has been snubbed, us Toad fans would gladly take the Captain instead of regular blue vest Toad. They both even share one same thread.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I won't take Captain over regular Toad. It's not the same at all. They're different characters with entirely different abilities.

I'm not the biggest fan of Captain Toad either, mind you, but him getting in is completely different from Toad getting in.

I'm a massive Toad fan. As in, the actual Toad. Captain Toad is his own thing not just officially, but the only thing they have in common is the species and somewhat the personality(though to be fair, a lot of different Toads can be somewhat cowardly. It's a common trait for the race). I like how Captain Toad is different too, because he has his own unique gameplay variation. He's about puzzles first and foremost. Toad himself is a cowardly and lovable hero with a unique jumping capability and is there to be Mario's helper, constantly giving power-ups or even outright fighting enemies at the same time.

Speaking of, I feel power-ups is actually pretty notable to the race, even if it's not really that specific to the main Toad. Like in Super Mario Bros. 3. While the power-ups aren't particularly specific to any Mario character, this would fit Toad well if you also consider things his race constantly is known for. It's at least a decent defining ability that helps make a moveset. Captain Toad needs little help as he already has very good movesets that capitalize on his abilities well too.

Huh, then I notice it's not the Toad topic. To further note. Bandanna Waddle Dee is not just another Waddle Dee. He's a very particular character. And for that matter, is not the Waddle Dee race. Though he makes sense to borrow various enemy abilities, just like how the main Toad could borrow snippets or references to other Toad variations. Even costumes. Like the adventurer stuff from Paper Mario is very different from Captain Toad(who also could have the adventurer outfit, too). Maybe a better way to put it is these are all different characters;

• Waddle Dee
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Toad Species
  • (Main) Toad
  • Captain Toad
You can certainly borrow references to other individuals. That makes sense. But they're still different characters to begin with. Having a Waddle Dee in Smash is equivalent to having the Toad Species in Smash. Bandanna Waddle Dee is equivalent to (Main) Toad or Captain Toad. Specific members of the species. Maybe that explains what I mean a little better.

For the record, I think Toad and Captain Toad should have different threads too, since they're actually different characters, but eh. Not like somebody else made a thread proper to split it off.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There is a lot of characters from DK that they could add to Smash's roster like Dixie, Funky, Cranky, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, Kiddy, and Lord Fredrik. But really though, the only important DK characters missing from the roster is Dixie, Cranky, and Funky. Anyone after those 3 would kind of be overkill.

In terms of stages, DK is missing a lot like a mine cart stage, Gangplank Galleon, basically anything that isn't Jungle Japes.

A lot of music from the games are missing as well such as:

DKC3 music
Lack of Tropical Freeze tracks
A good number of memorable and iconic songs from DKC2 and DK64

I can go on. The DK franchise has a lot to offer for Smash, yet that potential hasn't been used up really at all over the years. Hell, we got DK in Smash 64 (1999), Diddy in Brawl (2008), and K. Rool in Ultimate (2018) so it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get Dixie in Smash until Smash 6 or Smash 7 in 2028 or 2029 since DK seems to have or only get one newcomer in Smash every decade.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think given how Toad has been snubbed, us Toad fans would gladly take the Captain instead of regular blue vest Toad. They both even share one same thread.
i thought we all supported both but of course there are people like beth uriel there who dont, and care a lot about the difference between the two more than nintendo does

on the subject of nintendo's big franchises from hat ive gathered while its true kiry isnt as big as pokemon, mario and zelda it is far more beloved and than better than fire emblem, the same with donkey kong, yoshi and animal crossing theyve all done better than FE (i think metroid has as well but ill need to double check) so its not unreasonable for us to be upset that these major nintendo series arent as well repped as they could be in what was a major nintendo crossover

on the subject of geno i also have noticed that his popularity seems to extend only to smash and while you can make the argument that its cause its the only game his viable for i would point out that viability doesnt seem to matter much to fans when it comes to characters they love

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is it bad I would be ok with a full Fire Emblem pass, maybe even want it?
Ok just me then.
I'll be honest dude, as cool as a full DK themed Fighter's Pass would sound to me, I wouldn't want it because I want diversity in the lineup. I wouldn't want a full pass full of characters from the same franchise no matter which franchise that is.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Dixie is interestingly in a comparable situation to Dee, in that she's a popular Nintendo character from a series with three reps. Difference is, Kirby hasn't got anyone since Brawl, so Dee seems more overdue. I think Dixie would still be a decent choice though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie is interestingly in a comparable situation to Dee, in that she's a popular Nintendo character from a series with three reps. Difference is, Kirby hasn't got anyone since Brawl, so Dee seems more overdue. I think Dixie would still be a decent choice though.
I would say they're both equally overdue. Diddy and K. Rool's inclusions were a decade apart separated from each other while Dedede and Meta Knight both made it into the same Smash game. Honestly, all of these characters including Dee and Dixie should have all been in the roster together as early as Smash 4.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I won't take Captain over regular Toad. It's not the same at all. They're different characters with entirely different abilities.

I'm not the biggest fan of Captain Toad either, mind you, but him getting in is completely different from Toad getting in.

I'm a massive Toad fan. As in, the actual Toad. Captain Toad is his own thing not just officially, but the only thing they have in common is the species and somewhat the personality(though to be fair, a lot of different Toads can be somewhat cowardly. It's a common trait for the race). I like how Captain Toad is different too, because he has his own unique gameplay variation. He's about puzzles first and foremost. Toad himself is a cowardly and lovable hero with a unique jumping capability and is there to be Mario's helper, constantly giving power-ups or even outright fighting enemies at the same time.

Speaking of, I feel power-ups is actually pretty notable to the race, even if it's not really that specific to the main Toad. Like in Super Mario Bros. 3. While the power-ups aren't particularly specific to any Mario character, this would fit Toad well if you also consider things his race constantly is known for. It's at least a decent defining ability that helps make a moveset. Captain Toad needs little help as he already has very good movesets that capitalize on his abilities well too.

Huh, then I notice it's not the Toad topic. To further note. Bandanna Waddle Dee is not just another Waddle Dee. He's a very particular character. And for that matter, is not the Waddle Dee race. Though he makes sense to borrow various enemy abilities, just like how the main Toad could borrow snippets or references to other Toad variations. Even costumes. Like the adventurer stuff from Paper Mario is very different from Captain Toad(who also could have the adventurer outfit, too). Maybe a better way to put it is these are all different characters;

• Waddle Dee
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Toad Species
  • (Main) Toad
  • Captain Toad
You can certainly borrow references to other individuals. That makes sense. But they're still different characters to begin with. Having a Waddle Dee in Smash is equivalent to having the Toad Species in Smash. Bandanna Waddle Dee is equivalent to (Main) Toad or Captain Toad. Specific members of the species. Maybe that explains what I mean a little better.

For the record, I think Toad and Captain Toad should have different threads too, since they're actually different characters, but eh. Not like somebody else made a thread proper to split it off.
I think part of the issue regarding Toad and the Captain is that there's some real species confusion when it comes to the character.

For example Toad is traditionally seen as the red spotted, blue vested individual seen in Mario Kart, Mario Party, Wario's Woods(where he's the main character) and various other Mario spinoffs....

HOWEVER 3D World then introduces us to Toad as a blue capped, blue vested Toad stating he's THE Toad, which is like...yeah, no bruh.
I know it's a reference to the limited colour palette of SMB2, but the main Toad has always been depicted as red spots on the cap, blue vest which sets him apart from most his species who wear the same colour vests as their spots.

To make things MORE confusing, Captain Toad is showcased as a leader of a set of Toads(a role Toad himself used to have) and has the red spots on his hat...then we have Mario Maker which refers to the Toad Mystery Costume as "Captain".

Then Mario Maker 2 comes along and the playable Toad in the game is blue capped, blue vest, but the Toad in the storymode which is given equal billing to Toadette is red capped, blue vest.

It's a mess. At this point Toad is seen as three seperate Toads...and that's before we note that New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe picked the YELLOW TOAD as the main one over Blue or Red...ARRGH! NINTENDO!

ANYWAY, this isn't the Toad thread(although I certainly welcome the discussion there, feel free to all pop over because this is a conversation worth discussing) so going back to Bandana Waddle Dee;

How would you all feel if Sailor Dee was an alt, even though they're different characters? As far as I know Sailor has never wielded a spear. Would it be weird?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think part of the issue regarding Toad and the Captain is that there's some real species confusion when it comes to the character.

For example Toad is traditionally seen as the red spotted, blue vested individual seen in Mario Kart, Mario Party, Wario's Woods(where he's the main character) and various other Mario spinoffs....

HOWEVER 3D World then introduces us to Toad as a blue capped, blue vested Toad stating he's THE Toad, which is like...yeah, no bruh.
I know it's a reference to the limited colour palette of SMB2, but the main Toad has always been depicted as red spots on the cap, blue vest which sets him apart from most his species who wear the same colour vests as their spots.

To make things MORE confusing, Captain Toad is showcased as a leader of a set of Toads(a role Toad himself used to have) and has the red spots on his hat...then we have Mario Maker which refers to the Toad Mystery Costume as "Captain".

Then Mario Maker 2 comes along and the playable Toad in the game is blue capped, blue vest, but the Toad in the storymode which is given equal billing to Toadette is red capped, blue vest.

It's a mess. At this point Toad is seen as three seperate Toads...and that's before we note that New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe picked the YELLOW TOAD as the main one over Blue or Red...ARRGH! NINTENDO!

ANYWAY, this isn't the Toad thread(although I certainly welcome the discussion there, feel free to all pop over because this is a conversation worth discussing) so going back to Bandana Waddle Dee;

How would you all feel if Sailor Dee was an alt, even though they're different characters? As far as I know Sailor has never wielded a spear. Would it be weird?
Maybe? They have been seen together before, I think.

However, and I know this one IS weird, but I kinda want an alt based on Arena Waddle Dee. You know, as a reference to how Bandana Waddle Dee took his role in Super Star Ultra. I doubt they'd do it, though.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
How I think of Bandana Dee's alternate costumes if I had him in Smash:
1. Default
2. Sailor
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Cyan
6. Kirby
7. Super Star palette
8. Kirby Cafe outfit

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i seem to recall suggesting that once and getting a bit of flak for the idea

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Welp, here's my Bandana Dee moveset

Bandana Waddle Dee is a relatively simple character, keeping in line with Kirby's easy, casual gameplay. Much like how Kirby is a beginner-friendly character in general, Bandana Dee is a beginner-friendly zoner. He's fairly mobile, with decent speed both on the ground and in the air. He fights with his trusty spear, which sometimes doubles up as a parasol. As a result, he has decently long disjoints, which makes him stand out from the other small characters, which mostly fight at close range. However, he suffers from being light and easy to launch, and his range is balanced by his so-so damage output and middling combo potential.

Attributes:
While Bandana Dee lacks any real gimmicks, he does have a handful of noteworthy attributes.
  • Much like Marth's Falchion, Bandana Dee's spear has a sweetspot at the end.
  • Bandana Dee's parasol attacks (Up smash, back air, and down special) can reflect projectiles.
  • Bandana Dee has access to a back tilt as well as a forward tilt, based on his Back Thrust attack.
Normals
  • Jab-Bandana Dee swings his spear inwards, then outwards, followed by a thrust.
  • Flurry Attack-Bandana Dee rapidly stabs forward, finishing with a final thrust.
  • Forward Tilt-Bandana Dee jabs his spear forward twice. Resembles Joker's side tilt, but with a spear.
  • Back Tilt (Back Thrust)-Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him. Deals less damage, but has the longest range of all his ground attacks.
  • Up Tilt-Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards.
  • Down Tilt-A slide kick.
  • Dash Attack-A rushing stab.
Smash Attacks
  • Side Smash-Bandana Dee twirls his spear, then stabs forward.
  • Up Smash-Bandana Dee unfurls his parasol, then spins it above his head.
  • Down Smash-Bandana Dee spins his spear around himself on the ground.
Aerials
  • Neutral Aerial-Bandana Dee twirls his spear around himself like a fan.
  • Forward Aerial-Bandana Dee swings his spear in front of him. Resembles Byleth's forward aerial.
  • Back Aerial-Bandana Dee holds his parasol behind himself as it spins.
  • Up Aerial-Bandana Dee twirls his spear twirls his spear as he stabs upwards.
  • Down Air (Moon Drop)-A falling stab.
Throws
  • Grab-Bandana Dee grabs the opponent.
  • Pummel-Bandana Dee jabs the opponent.
  • Forward Throw-Bandana Dee throws the opponent like a spear.
  • Back Throw-A back drop. Resembles Kirby's back throw.
  • Up Throw (Circus Throw)-Bandana Dee juggles the opponent above his head with his parasol, then tosses them upwards.
  • Down Throw (Megaton Punch)-Bandana Dee jumps up and punches the opponent. Buries opponents.
Specials
  • Neutral Special (Spear Throw)-Bandana Dee throws his spear. Charging it will increase the power, distance amount of spears thrown, maxing out at three.
  • Side Special (Ground Spear)-Bandana Dee stabs his spear into the ground, then rushes forward, finishing with and upwards flick. Pressing the button in the middle of the attack will cause him to do a pole-vault instead. In the air, he just swings the spear vertically in front of himself, like Byleth's side special.
  • Up Special (Waddle Copter)-Bandana Dee spins his spear above his head, propelling him into the air. Can be charged to increase distance. After entering freefall, he slowly spins the spear above his head, damaging anyone who touches it.
  • Down Special (Parasol Drill)-Bandana Dee rushes forwards, parasol outstretched. This reflects any projectile that it hits. In the air, he spins the parasol below himself, acting as a barrier for any anti-air attacks.
  • Final Smash (Waddle Dee Army)-Bandana Dee calls forth an army of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and various other Kirby enemies to assault the stage. Effectively the same as Dedede's Brawl Final Smash.

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight an alt for Meta Knight? What about Meta Ridley for Ridley?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Isn't Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight an alt for Meta Knight? What about Meta Ridley for Ridley?
They don't have the name, so they don't count, nor do their spirits have fighter artwork. Meta Ridley I'm pretty sure is the only one of the ones you mentioned who does that. Dark and Galacta just share color scheme and mask design.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Both Blue and Red vests are proper versions of the main Toad. So I don't see how it's a problem to directly use one of his core alts. Though maybe I'm misreading it. But in the end he has a blue and red official color. So it doesn't feel awkward to me.

I agree it gets awkward. Regardless, yeah, wrong place. I was only pointing out how I do not accept one character as a stand-in for someone entirely different. It's not "good enough". I want Toad. I am not someone who wants Captain Toad. I'd go with other such examples of someone who even has a moveset idea I like, but there's a lot of specific points etc. that explains it further to how complicated it can get.

------------------

Anyway, for Bandanna Waddle Dee, I think a Sailor Dee alt would be neat too~

Top Bottom