• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Paraster

Smash Lord
If Bandana Dee does get in, what music do you think would be used in his trailer? I'm partial towards Dededestroyer Z or Megaton Punch personally, though something from Star Allies or Return to Dream Land would also work.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If Bandana Dee does get in, what music do you think would be used in his trailer? I'm partial towards Dededestroyer Z or Megaton Punch personally, though something from Star Allies or Return to Dream Land would also work.
I mean, he has an actual theme, The Apple Juice Song. It's a remix of Apple Scramble, so probably a new remix of Apple Scramble to better fit Smash.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What about Cookie Fields, or Another Dimension? Perhaps a Star Allies track?
Another Dimension would probably fit Magolor more than anyone. I'd point out that we already have the level 1 theme for RtDL in Smash, but then I remembered Ridley's reveal used the Brawl remix instead of the new one, so...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Then everyone simultaneously forgot about Dark Matter, who was practically the K. Rool of the franchise during the Dark Matter Trilogy, and is still referenced in Kirby games to this day.
i mean, dedede is the k.rool of the series

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
i mean, dedede is the k.rool of the series
Eh, I wouldn't even consider Dedede to be a true villain. He's just a King who did kingly shenanigans back in the day as opposed to the actual villains who were severely bent on taking over Dream Land and practically the entire Planet Popstar... and the universe while they're at it.

Heck, even Meta Knight had a rocky relationship with villainy back in the day, as he only wanted to take over Dream Land because its residents were too lazy in his eyes. Even then, he was basically seen as Kirby's rival most of the time, if anything.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I wouldn't even consider Dedede to be a true villain. He's just a King who did kingly shenanigans back in the day as opposed to the actual villains who were severely bent on taking over Dream Land and practically the entire Planet Popstar... and the universe while they're at it.

Heck, even Meta Knight had a rocky relationship with villainy back in the day, as he only wanted to take over Dream Land because its residents were too lazy in his eyes. Even then, he was basically seen as Kirby's rival most of the time, if anything.
well hes still considered kirby's arch nemesis by the dev team

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
well hes still considered kirby's arch nemesis by the dev team
Probably as an excuse to use him as the main antagonist for certain spin-offs. He can't be a good guy all of the time anyway, so perhaps that just adds to his dynamic character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Probably as an excuse to use him as the main antagonist for certain spin-offs. He can't be a good guy all of the time anyway, so perhaps that just adds to his dynamic character.
I really don’t think there putting that much thought into it. They probably don’t need any reason to have him be the main antagonist

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I really don’t think there putting that much thought into it. They probably don’t need any reason to have him be the main antagonist
Well, the excuse was there since 1992, so they've basically been doing whatever they want at that point.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think it's because he's both readily available and the most antagonistic character in the franchise that hasn't been wiped from all planes of existence.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I think it's because he's both readily available and the most antagonistic character in the franchise that hasn't been wiped from all planes of existence.
dedede was made to be the series bad guy and it seems the dev team still regard him as such
Yeah, Dedede has basically been the safety net for the franchise, always available to rival Kirby whenever necessary.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, Kirby has a habit of introducing a new villain every game for Kirby to obliterate. Mario's just Bowser, Bowser, and more Bowser, with the occasional original character in the spinoffs.
but dedede is still considered the series villain

SharkLord

Smash Hero
but dedede is still considered the series villain
I dunno about that. He's been pretty amicable to Kirby as of late, and in general for that matter. He only ever played the villain of his own volition in Kirby's Dream Land, Spring Breeze, Revenge of the King, Blowout Blast, and Battle Royale, plus the anime if you count that. Out of those, three are pretty much remakes of the original game, and the anime takes a lot of liberties. Battle Royale is actually the first time he's truly been a villain in a game that isn't based on KDL.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I dunno about that. He's been pretty amicable to Kirby as of late, and in general for that matter. He only ever played the villain of his own volition in Kirby's Dream Land, Spring Breeze, Revenge of the King, Blowout Blast, and Battle Royale, plus the anime if you count that. Out of those, three are pretty much remakes of the original game, and the anime takes a lot of liberties. Battle Royale is actually the first time he's truly been a villain in a game that isn't based on KDL.
but you still fight him in nearly every game, be it misunderstanding or control, dedede is very much Kirbys bowser, k.rool, Eggman. Even if he’s not fully evil it’s still his role

SharkLord

Smash Hero
but you still fight him in nearly every game, be it misunderstanding or control, dedede is very much Kirbys bowser, k.rool, Eggman. Even if he’s not fully evil it’s still his role
He seems to be closer to Shadow or Knuckles, honestly.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
This might come off as strange, but I may be the only person on this forum who doesn't want most of pass 2 to be upgraded spirits? Don't get me wrong, a lot of cool options became spirits, but some got "worse" roles as miis or ATs, which solidifies their spot as not being a fighter. Like, maybe 1 or 2 of the pass fighters could be previous spirits, then the other three third parties or other characters?

I guess I'm also holding out for Crash and Nightmare/Siegfried as part of the pass, so it may be bias. Well, whatever happens, happens.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
This might come off as strange, but I may be the only person on this forum who doesn't want most of pass 2 to be upgraded spirits? Don't get me wrong, a lot of cool options became spirits, but some got "worse" roles as miis or ATs, which solidifies their spot as not being a fighter. Like, maybe 1 or 2 of the pass fighters could be previous spirits, then the other three third parties or other characters?

I guess I'm also holding out for Crash and Nightmare/Siegfried as part of the pass, so it may be bias. Well, whatever happens, happens.
I also still have characters like Crash and Rayman who I'd like to see, so I definitely would like for them to have not just a mix of 1st and 3rd Party characters, but also a mix of Spirit Upgraded and Spirit-Less characters.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well guys, Min Min's Spirit uses a separate piece of artwork. Now, which artwork do you think Bandana Dee would use? I'd expect his Star Allies render, but we might also get a render from a new game or his Battle Royale art. I could also see his Rainbow Curse render, assuming we get a Clay Dee alt.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
When it comes to Bandana Dees trailer music, I've always been partial to the return to dreamland title theme

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Well guys, Min Min's Spirit uses a separate piece of artwork. Now, which artwork do you think Bandana Dee would use? I'd expect his Star Allies render, but we might also get a render from a new game or his Battle Royale art. I could also see his Rainbow Curse render, assuming we get a Clay Dee alt.
Not using his Star Allies artwork would be a slight crime against humanity.
Bandana Dee.png

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I kinda feel a bit sad for Kirby...
View attachment 276789
(Good thing the Spirit rule is dead.)
To be fair, when the roster was finalized, BWD only really had two playable appearances, a role as the food guy, and an important NPC. It's more than most Kirby characters can attest to, yes, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that much. After the roster was finished, he got two more playable appearances, became the food guy again, got some more NPC roles, and popped up rather frequently with the main three. He's the fourth main character now, yes, but he hadn't quite reached that status back then.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Didn't they make a video calling for BWD in Smash? I don't know the details since I only saw the thumbnail, but I'm pretty sure they made that video.
It was a debate video that concluded that Bandana Dee was "too generic" and had "limited appeal", thus pretty much starting the trend of most Smash fans calling him a Hat Goomba. If what happened to Spring Man didn't just happen, I would say Bandana Dee's the most hated character in the fandom because of it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It was a debate video that concluded that Bandana Dee was "too generic" and had "limited appeal", thus pretty much starting the trend of most Smash fans calling him a Hat Goomba. If what happened to Spring Man didn't just happen, I would say Bandana Dee's the most hated character in the fandom because of it.
The most hated? Really? In a world with "overrated puppet man," "Pokeshill pick," and who-knows-how-many characters from FE, AKA "Weeb shill swordie land," Bandana Dee's the most hated after Spring Man? I'm beginning to think you need to lighten up a bit. The entire world isn't out to get you, you know.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
The most hated? Really? In a world with "overrated puppet man," "Pokeshill pick," and who-knows-how-many characters from FE, AKA "Weeb shill swordie land," Bandana Dee's the most hated after Spring Man? I'm beginning to think you need to lighten up a bit. The entire world isn't out to get you, you know.
For every individual who speaks against Bandana Dee, there are a hundred more there to defend him.
Even on this very site.

The same can't really be said for characters like Geno, Pokemon, or Fire Emblem characters,

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
For every individual who speaks against Bandana Dee, there are a hundred more there to defend him.
Even on this very site.

The same can't really be said for characters like Geno, Pokemon, or Fire Emblem characters,
Geno's like one of the most popular character requests period what are you talking about? Bandana Dee's got nothing in terms of fan demand compared to characters like Geno. And Pokemon and Fire Emblem are huge franchises with huge amounts of fans. The only reason FE and Kanto/Galar/Gen 9 aren't vocal about it is because the many fans either don't know about their detractors or have grown accustomed to it. Basically a silent majority.

Kirby's big, but not nearly as big as Pokemon or Fire Emblem. And also, Bandana Dee's not nearly as big as someone like Geno.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Geno's like one of the most popular character requests period what are you talking about? Bandana Dee's got nothing in terms of fan demand compared to characters like Geno. And Pokemon and Fire Emblem are huge franchises with huge amounts of fans. The only reason FE and Kanto/Galar/Gen 9 aren't vocal about it is because the many fans either don't know about their detractors or have grown accustomed to it. Basically a silent majority.

Kirby's big, but not nearly as big as Pokemon or Fire Emblem. And also, Bandana Dee's not nearly as big as someone like Geno.
Give Bandana Dee some credit, he's more well-known to the casual audience than Geno is. Only the diehards know about him.

Top Bottom