• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Kirby: "Why do series like Mario, Pokemon and Fire Emblem get more reps every time, yet I can't even get Bandana Dee himself in Smash..."
images (86).jpeg

(I picture poor Kirby getting more upset and becoming frustrated due to his series not getting representation from the modern games and being shafted over time.)

Meteorite

Smash Cadet
If BWD came with a stage, what would it be?

The most logical solution would be a grasslands stage since they're associated with Waddle Dees but we don't need a 3rd Green Greens.

I've heard ideas for a Megaton Punch/Battle Royale-themed tournament stage, but I'd also like to see Another Dimension since it's been in recurring modern Kirby games.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

The most logical solution would be a grasslands stage since they're associated with Waddle Dees but we don't need a 3rd Green Greens.

I've heard ideas for a Megaton Punch/Battle Royale-themed tournament stage, but I'd also like to see Another Dimension since it's been in recurring modern Kirby games.
If Sakurai is desperate to have another stage that originates from one of his games, there's always Castle Dedede, but if it uses its design from Star Allies, I'd be OK with it.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Megaton Punch and Another Dimension are the ideas I had.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I know Megaton Punch was where he technically debuts, but I would be livid if that's the stage they choose.

Give us a modern Kirby stage already dammit

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU

It might sound a little ambitious, but considering how Bandana Dee has made an appearance in every mainline Modern Kirby game as of today, I was thinking of a traveling tour stage. It would feature Cookie Country, the Dreamstalk, Access Ark, and Jambastion as the four main locations, which would span across all of the mainline Modern Kirby games. As for transport, fighters will be transported by Magolor's Lor Starcutter with the help of portals which briefly show off Another Dimension before the Lor drops the fighters off at another location.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

I'd go for Another Dimension, since it's the most recurring Modern Kirby location as of yet, being in Return to Dream Land, Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Star Allies. It'd also be different, since there isn't really a stage resembling such a stage area that's almost a void.

D

Deleted member

Maybe the Dream Palace from Star Allies would be a good stage for him?

That way, we could have cameos of the Dream Friends like Adeleine & Ribbon.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Already posted this in the Social Thread: (Just wanted to show you my moveset for our bandana boy!)
super_smash_bros__ultimate_moveset_template_by_lkgamingart_dd377iv-pre (1).png

Thought you might like it.^-^

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Castle Dedede would be nice to see.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Somewhat unrelated, but if we ever get an Air Ride sequel, I think I know how I'd implement Bandana Waddle Dee. Basically, he'd be almost like a mix of Kirby (where he'd have access to riding any and all Air Ride Machines/Wheelie vehicles) and Meta Knight (Having a long-range weapon to swing around).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I support! Here’s a moveset I made for Bandana Dee:
Intro: Bandana Dee flies in on his parasol.

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards.

Idle 2: Bandana Dee stretches his arms.

Idle 3: Bandana Dee admiringly glances at his spear.

Notable Palette Swaps:
-Bandana Dee (Dee-fault)
-King Dedede (Yellow/Red)
-Meta Knight (Purple)
-Gooey (Blue)
-Landia (Red)
-Magolor (Cyan)
-Galacta Knight (Pink)
-Whispy Woods (Green)

Walk: Bandana Dee tiptoes.

Jog: His walk from the modern Kirby games.

Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games.

Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games.

Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times. However, he is shown slowly falling down with a sloppy posture each jump.

Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games.

Weapon of Choice: Bandana Dee always fights with his trusty spear, but he can also use a parasol and elemental magic as well.

Jab: Multispear Thrust; Waddle Dee slashes twice (6%, small knockback), and flurries with multiple spear thrusts (2-3% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Spear Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Slide; Bandana Dee slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Skyward Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Bandana Dee rapidly spins his spear (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Waddle Spear Barrage; Bandana Dee throws two spears in front of him (6% each, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Back Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him (10%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee twirls his parasol (11%, OK knockback); he can also glide with it by holding Up, somewhat like Peach’s, only it deals no damage.
Air Down+A: Moon Drop; Bandana Dee briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he gets pushed up when he makes contact, just like the Links.

Dash Attack: Ground Thrust; Bandana Dee dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Bandana Dee thrusts on the edge (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Aqua Shot; Bandana Dee flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Chumbrella; Bandana Dee expands his parasol greatly (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee spins his parasol on the ground as winds comes out of it (19%, medium knockback)

Grab: Bandana Dee summons a Beam with his spear.
Pummel: Bandana Dee stabs the target with his spear (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Bandana Dee shoots a full Beam, taken from the Beam ability (13%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Bandana Dee stabs the target into a burial (15%)
Back+Throw: Bandana Dee lifts up the target with his spear and tosses them behind himself (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Circus Throw; Bandana Dee spins the target around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Power Effect; Bandana Dee selects one element from a menu to effect his attacks. The selection is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, in which Bandana Dee can switch elements on the fly.
B + Forwards : Spear Throw; Bandana Dee throws one spear at a time when B is tapped (5% each, small knockback). When B is held, Bandana Dee charges, and can either throw two (6% each, small knockback) or three at a time (8% each, small knockback)
B + Up : Waddle Copter; Bandana Dee flies around using his spear as a helicopter (18%, medium knockback)
B + Down : Friend Summon; Bandana Dee throws a heart that summons one of two friends: Waddle Doo and Bronto Burt. Bronto Burt charges into enemies (4%, small knockback), while Waddle Doo uses his Beam ability (12%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Megaton Punch; Bandana Dee punches up to two targets in front of him (8%), and the targets are into a cutscene where Bandana Dee jumps high into the air, and then punches the ground as he falls back down. The punch is so strong, it creates a fissure in the ground (55%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Power Effect Elements

-Blizzard: Attacks are slightly slower, but combos can sometimes freeze a target
-Bluster: Attacks are quicker and the attack power is multiplied by 1.2x, but with more endlag
-Sizzle: Targets could have a lingering fire effect that slowly raises damage, but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises the longer he’s left idle
-Splash: Bandana Dee is slower and so are his attacks, but the power is multiplied by 1.4x
-Zap: Attack power slowly increases with each combo (up to 1.5x), but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises little by little

Taunts
1: Bandana Dee looks around him, mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.
2: Bandana Dee happily waves his arms.
1+2: Bandana Dee falls asleep, thinking about an apple.

Winposes
1: Bandana Dee’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame.
2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies.
3: Bandana Dee spins his spear and triumphantly plants the bottom end on the ground.

Applause: Bandana Dee’s losing animation from the Megaton Punch minigame.

Icon: Kirby series icon

Boxing Ring Title: Hero Among Waddle Dees

Victory Music: Victory! Kirby Series

Kirby Hat: Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana. However, Kirby only imitates Bandana Dee’s Side B.

If we’re desperate for another grassland stage, maybe we can try Patched Plains for a more unique one.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I support! Here’s a moveset I made for Bandana Dee:
Intro: Bandana Dee flies in on his parasol.

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards.

Idle 2: Bandana Dee stretches his arms.

Idle 3: Bandana Dee admiringly glances at his spear.

Notable Palette Swaps:
-Bandana Dee (Dee-fault)
-King Dedede (Yellow/Red)
-Meta Knight (Purple)
-Gooey (Blue)
-Landia (Red)
-Magolor (Cyan)
-Galacta Knight (Pink)
-Whispy Woods (Green)

Walk: Bandana Dee tiptoes.

Jog: His walk from the modern Kirby games.

Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games.

Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games.

Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times. However, he is shown slowly falling down with a sloppy posture each jump.

Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games.

Weapon of Choice: Bandana Dee always fights with his trusty spear, but he can also use a parasol and elemental magic as well.

Jab: Multispear Thrust; Waddle Dee slashes twice (6%, small knockback), and flurries with multiple spear thrusts (2-3% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Spear Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Slide; Bandana Dee slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Skyward Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Bandana Dee rapidly spins his spear (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Waddle Spear Barrage; Bandana Dee throws two spears in front of him (6% each, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Back Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him (10%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee twirls his parasol (11%, OK knockback); he can also glide with it by holding Up, somewhat like Peach’s, only it deals no damage.
Air Down+A: Moon Drop; Bandana Dee briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he gets pushed up when he makes contact, just like the Links.

Dash Attack: Ground Thrust; Bandana Dee dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Bandana Dee thrusts on the edge (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Aqua Shot; Bandana Dee flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Chumbrella; Bandana Dee expands his parasol greatly (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee spins his parasol on the ground as winds comes out of it (19%, medium knockback)

Grab: Bandana Dee summons a Beam with his spear.
Pummel: Bandana Dee stabs the target with his spear (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Bandana Dee shoots a full Beam, taken from the Beam ability (13%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Bandana Dee stabs the target into a burial (15%)
Back+Throw: Bandana Dee lifts up the target with his spear and tosses them behind himself (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Circus Throw; Bandana Dee spins the target around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Power Effect; Bandana Dee selects one element from a menu to effect his attacks. The selection is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, in which Bandana Dee can switch elements on the fly.
B + Forwards : Spear Throw; Bandana Dee throws one spear at a time when B is tapped (5% each, small knockback). When B is held, Bandana Dee charges, and can either throw two (6% each, small knockback) or three at a time (8% each, small knockback)
B + Up : Waddle Copter; Bandana Dee flies around using his spear as a helicopter (18%, medium knockback)
B + Down : Friend Summon; Bandana Dee throws a heart that summons one of two friends: Waddle Doo and Bronto Burt. Bronto Burt charges into enemies (4%, small knockback), while Waddle Doo uses his Beam ability (12%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Megaton Punch; Bandana Dee punches up to two targets in front of him (8%), and the targets are into a cutscene where Bandana Dee jumps high into the air, and then punches the ground as he falls back down. The punch is so strong, it creates a fissure in the ground (55%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Power Effect Elements

-Blizzard: Attacks are slightly slower, but combos can sometimes freeze a target
-Bluster: Attacks are quicker and the attack power is multiplied by 1.2x, but with more endlag
-Sizzle: Targets could have a lingering fire effect that slowly raises damage, but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises the longer he’s left idle
-Splash: Bandana Dee is slower and so are his attacks, but the power is multiplied by 1.4x
-Zap: Attack power slowly increases with each combo (up to 1.5x), but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises little by little

Taunts
1: Bandana Dee looks around him, mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.
2: Bandana Dee happily waves his arms.
1+2: Bandana Dee falls asleep, thinking about an apple.

Winposes
1: Bandana Dee’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame.
2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies.
3: Bandana Dee spins his spear and triumphantly plants the bottom end on the ground.

Applause: Bandana Dee’s losing animation from the Megaton Punch minigame.

Icon: Kirby series icon

Boxing Ring Title: Hero Among Waddle Dees

Victory Music: Victory! Kirby Series

Kirby Hat: Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana. However, Kirby only imitates Bandana Dee’s Down B.

If we’re desperate for another grassland stage, maybe we can try Patched Plains for a more unique one.
Great moveset! One nitpick though, wouldn't it be more fitting to make Kirby's copy ability the side-B? Otherwise he doesn't get to use Dee's signature weapon, which would be weird.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He's my favorite Kirby character so I'd love him.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, I don't want to get anybody's hopes up, but apparently there have been some new renders leaked. We MIGHT be getting something new soon.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Okay, I don't want to get anybody's hopes up, but apparently there have been some new renders leaked. We MIGHT be getting something new soon.
Smash-related renders? Are they from a reliable source (I mean something like the Best Buy Joker leak, not some leaker likea 4chan dude or even Vergeben)

Edit: Not Smash related.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Behold, context for something that will hopefully age well.

I'm reminded of this concept art in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, which wound up being build-up for Mega Man 11. It could just as easily be a new render without any deeper meaning to it, but here's hoping it's a new Kirby game. Star Allies was good (especially after updates), but I'd love to see a sequel that gives us a wider variety of levels.

I'm playing Kirby Planet Robobot, and I'm finding it much more fun than I found Triple Deluxe, so a game that is to Star Allies like what Planet Robobot is to Triple Deluxe would be a must-have for me.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah! I saw this earlier this morning! You know... considering the fact E3 was SUPPOSED to happen this year (but got canned), do you all think Kirby may have been meant to have a new game revealed there, and these new renders were meant to tie into said new game?

Heck, the CGI art here even features Bandana Waddle Dee. Yes, I know that's really just his Triple Deluxe artwork, but (if my memory serves me correctly) he isn't always seen in this kind of group art often and is usually replaced by a generic Waddle Dee in regards to general merchandising. Usually, I see him in this kind of group artwork... when a new game is on the way...

I'm reminded of this concept art in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, which wound up being build-up for Mega Man 11. It could just as easily be a new render without any deeper meaning to it, but here's hoping it's a new Kirby game. Star Allies was good (especially after updates), but I'd love to see a sequel that gives us a wider variety of levels.

I'm playing Kirby Planet Robobot, and I'm finding it much more fun than I found Triple Deluxe, so a game that is to Star Allies like what Planet Robobot is to Triple Deluxe would be a must-have for me.
Oh, my gosh... All that talk from Kumazaki and other members of HAL about a month ago regarding wanting to develop the 'pinnacle of Kirby games'... the job listing from HAL from a few months ago, and... Kirby's Blowout Blast...

Could it already be time? Could Kirby FINALLY be making the jump to free-roaming 3D?

Bandana Dee is a cinnamon roll we must love.
View attachment 271838
Apple cinnamon roll, to be precise. But the point still stands, we MUST cherish this good apple.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

While I don't necessarily think the renders themselves hint at anything in particular (promotional renders do exist and renders that previously went unused can later be used for promotional purposes), I gave a go at cropping out and trying to upscale the Dedede render seen on some merch.

Regardless on whether or not these will actually be used for a new Kirby project is uncertain, but it's easily one of the best renders Dedede has ever had when it comes to inside the Kirby series itself. Normally the modern Kirby games have him looking a bit odd, but he looks fantastic in this render. If this were to be used in a new game, I would have absolutely no complaints.

Even if these renders are just promotional and don't necessarily hint at anything, I still think a new Kirby game is undeniably in the works:
  • Star Allies has done very well sales wise for a Kirby game, beating out other modern titles and numerous other earlier titles in the series, both within the game's first few weeks and overall. In addition, Star Allies post-launch content has been very well received.
  • Super Kirby Clash has also been incredibly successful and has seen 4+ million downloads, which actually makes it the 2nd best selling Kirby game of all time, behind the original Kirby's Dream Land.
  • HAL Laboratory has mentioned that after Star Allies, they're interested in moving on to "next phase of Kirby", which we have yet to see.
  • Just last September, HAL put up multiple new job listings involving a brand new Kirby project for the future.
With this new surge of great sales and popularity the series has seen, the lack of any major Kirby releases since Star Allies, and the increase in hirings involving Kirby, it'd be hard to say that a new Kirby game isn't happening. Even if these renders mean nothing, there's no doubt in my mind that there is something big for Kirby being cooked up over in HAL Labs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I do wonder...

Do you think HAL sees Bandana Waddle Dee as the same level of Dedede and Meta Knight?

He only appears on one marketing thing there.

The rest are normal waddle dees.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I do wonder...

Do you think HAL sees Bandana Waddle Dee as the same level of Dedede and Meta Knight?

He only appears on one marketing thing there.

The rest are normal waddle dees.
While Bandana Dee is important, I don't think I would put him on the same level, they may form a core 4. But I do think there is a peking order to them

Kirby > King Dedede > Meta Knight > Bandana Dee >>>>>>> every other Kirby character

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Hopefully an announcement of a new Kirby happens so that Dee could be advertised as DeeLC for Smash. A good advertisement I would say.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Hopefully an announcement of a new Kirby happens so that Dee could be advertised as DeeLC for Smash. A good advertisement I would say.
Especially if Bandana Dee is playable in some way, since that would be the best way for people to get to know Dee and his abilities if they decide to pick up and play the new Kirby game.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Especially if Bandana Dee is playable in some way, since that would be the best way for people to get to know Dee and his abilities if they decide to pick up and play the new Kirby game.
I hope that he's not only playable, but is the secondary MC like DDD for TD and MK for PR. That way, any "unimportant" arguments would be undeniably undeniably (two undeniable because apparently somehow some people can deny the undeniable) wrong.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honestly given the series' trends I'd expect Dee to be the player 2 character next game unless the plot really centers on Dedede or MK.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I hope that he's not only playable, but is the secondary MC like DDD for TD and MK for PR. That way, any "unimportant" arguments would be undeniably undeniably (two undeniable because apparently somehow some people can deny the undeniable) wrong.
Honestly given the series' trends I'd expect Dee to be the player 2 character next game unless the plot really centers on Dedede or MK.
Actually yeah, it makes sense and I'd love to see Bandana Dee playing a role akin to Kirby 64's Waddle Dee (if he's not playable in Story Mode), helping Kirby to traverse through certain areas, helping him solve puzzles, and ultimately helping him to defeat the Final Boss of the game.
To top it all off, he would get a side-mode akin to Meta Knightmare and Dedede Tour once the Story Mode was complete.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
getting rid of all the arguments against doesnt always work sadly

Top Bottom