• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I personally hope the ARMS rep is a "NPC upgrade", in my opinion that's all Bandanna Dee needs to be taken as a more serious contender.

I know how it feels to support a character who is not seen as an actual likely candidate. I know it a little too well.
people who dont take him as a serious contender will look for any reason to exclude him

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
people who dont take him as a serious contender will look for any reason to exclude him
The more that they try to do so, the more sillier they look (to anyone who doesn't agree with them, of course).
Practically any "argument" that I've seen against his inclusion has been laughably subjective, honestly.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The more that they try to do so, the more sillier they look (to anyone who doesn't agree with them, of course).
Practically any "argument" that I've seen against his inclusion has been laughably subjective, honestly.
indeed, im of the opinion that the only thing thatd not let him in is the dev team

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oof, though I'd kinda think it'd make more sense for Rainbow Curse to be his Extra Mode debut. I mean, he plays Kirby's Luigi throughout the entire game, he and Kirby are basically the main characters. Though if it weren't for the Dream Friends in Star Allies, I also get him being the second main character in this game too, since, Dedede and Meta Knight are only gonna join after fighting them.
I had a feeling someone might bring up Rainbow Curse, but I don't think that should have been the game where he'd get an Extra Mode. Aside from the fact that it was on the Wii U (which would have resulted in even less people playing it), Rainbow Curse wasn't even a traditional Kirby game like TD and PR were.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I had a feeling someone might bring up Rainbow Curse, but I don't think that should have been the game where he'd get an Extra Mode. Aside from the fact that it was on the Wii U (which would have resulted in even less people playing it), Rainbow Curse wasn't even a traditional Kirby game like TD and PR were.
Oh definitely. It is for the better Rainbow Curse wasn't his extra mode debut. Not that it was a bad game, but it wasn't a true Kirby game. It just wouldn't have been fair.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I haven't really seen anyone do it before, so I thought I would throw together a quick DLC Spirit Board for Bandana Waddle Dee (or any Kirby character, for that matter) primarily based on Star Allies and other Kirby titles not currently represented in Smash.

While making this, I never noticed how pretty notable characters like Adeleine, Ribbon, Taranza, and Haltmann just don't make any appearance in the game. Dark Meta Knight even appears as a skin for Meta Knight but doesn't have a spirit. Odd stuff.

Laniv

Smash Lord
While making this, I never noticed how pretty notable characters like Adeleine, Ribbon, Taranza, and Haltmann just don't make any appearance in the game. Dark Meta Knight even appears as a skin for Meta Knight but doesn't have a spirit. Odd stuff.
Had to look it up, and wow, Dark Meta Knight and Taranza really don't have spirits. Weird.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
And yet for some reason Daroach gets TWO spirits.

I mean I love the guy, but come on why does he get two spirits while Dark Meta Knight, Adeline, Ribbon, and Taranza get nothin

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
And yet for some reason Daroach gets TWO spirits.

I mean I love the guy, but come on why does he get two spirits while Dark Meta Knight, Adeline, Ribbon, and Taranza get nothin
He obviously gets two because you can evolve it. And while he has two JPEGs, he doesn't actually have a spirit battle I'm pretty sure, since you have to summon it.

D

Deleted member

Really cool ideas for spirit battles especially including ones for Kirby Star Allies.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Planet Robobot... 2!!!!!!!

*insert Peggle 2 meme here"
Is it weird that I would legit enjoy a straight-up Robobot sequel? The only big problem I have with Robobot is that Bandana Dee isn't playable, and that's only because it was Meta Knight's game, like with how TD was Dedede's.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
the main problem i got with robobot is that Daroach isn't in the plot when it would make sense for him to be in it...

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Think about it.
Daroach is an infamous thief and the Haltmann corporation is a giant corporation with a ton of money.
He could easily aid Kirby in getting into the Access Ark and would definently have a problem with Haltmann

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 3.07.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.39.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 3.09.49 PM.png

Working my way through a bunch of renders using blender. Still new to this, so I don't know exactly how to add drop shadows yet. If any 3D savvy artists could give me some pointers, that would be nice. Will try to include 8 of Bandana Dee's colors too!

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I haven't really seen anyone do it before, so I thought I would throw together a quick DLC Spirit Board for Bandana Waddle Dee (or any Kirby character, for that matter) primarily based on Star Allies and other Kirby titles not currently represented in Smash.

That spirit board is phenomenal, i knew we had a lot of cool missing characters but dang, that's a lot.

Working my way through a bunch of renders using blender. Still new to this, so I don't know exactly how to add drop shadows yet. If any 3D savvy artists could give me some pointers, that would be nice. Will try to include 8 of Bandana Dee's colors too!
That's one adorable Adeleine, maximum pink kudos to you.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This is good we need to see where that will take us though I will say the next entry is 3d or nothing
"The pinnacle of Kirby games", huh? Looking nice, looking nice...
Maybe Kirby's finally going to get his answer to Super Mario Odyssey or BotW? Heaven knows he can warrant it, what with his history.

Loving these renders! Give B.W.D.'s just a bit more polish, and it could look like something right out of Smash Ultimate!

Gorgeous! Say, does Void Termina evolve into its core form or Void or something?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

It's a Donkey Kong vs Kirby event!?
Fixed. Virgin 3 rep series vs Chad 4 rep series.

D

Deleted member

I’m rooting for the Donkey Kong Country characters in this especially because one of my mAins and favourite characters in gaming and in Super Smash Bros. King K. Rool is among them but good luck to both sides. In this battle.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Interesting how two series with popular fourth rep options are battling it out here. It could really easily mean nothing, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of it meaning something.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Interesting how two series with popular fourth rep options are battling it out here. It could really easily mean nothing, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of it meaning something.
This is honestly how I feel about this whole thing. I know it's weird, but you have to admit, this whole match-up seems a bit odd...

FancySmash

Smash Lord
This is honestly how I feel about this whole thing. I know it's weird, but you have to admit, this whole match-up seems a bit odd...
In a perfect world, it just means that two of the 6 characters for DLC are a Kirby and DK character, and I think we all know what characters are gonna be picked.

That's right. Lanky Kong and Chef Kawasaki. Can't believe the chef is getting his assist trophy promotion.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
In a perfect world, it just means that two of the 6 characters for DLC are a Kirby and DK character, and I think we all know what characters are gonna be picked.

That's right. Lanky Kong and Chef Kawasaki. Can't believe the chef is getting his assist trophy promotion.
You spelt Kiddy Kong wrong.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
This DK vs Kirby event could possibly hint towards a good outcome.
But it could just as easily hint towards a bad outcome.
Probably best to assume it has no barring on anything right now.:drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Awesome good to see someone thinks highly of Bandana Dee’s chances of course they are good.

Top Bottom