• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
If Bandana Dee makes it in, it would be the first time ever a spear wielder came into Smash. It would also be fitting because Sakurai created him; the same guy that created Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and is giving us these great Smash games. I would like to see him in for sure, the argument of multiple Bandana Dees is over and done with since Piranha Plant is in the game.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If Bandana Dee makes it in, it would be the first time ever a spear wielder came into Smash. It would also be fitting because Sakurai created him; the same guy that created Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and is giving us these great Smash games. I would like to see him in for sure, the argument of multiple Bandana Dees is over and done with since Piranha Plant is in the game.
Yet we are still waiting for him due to Sakurai's Super Star bias.

D

Deleted member

Still waiting but we still continue to support him !

As always!

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I've just noticed that my most wanted smash characters are both orange. Weird, huh? I want BWD and Crash/Fake Crash to get in, and for a brief moment before we knew Daisy was in, I was rooting for her too!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I've just noticed that my most wanted smash characters are both orange. Weird, huh? I want BWD and Crash/Fake Crash to get in, and for a brief moment before we knew Daisy was in, I was rooting for her too!
Funnily enough, both of these 2 are my most wanted fighters.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sakurai: We want to please as many fans as possible.
Also Sakurai: *Doesn't add a Kirby newcomer in 11 years*
Same as Yoshi and Zelda, both haven't got a newcomer for years.
For Yoshi, it's Poochy. For Zelda, CD-I Ganon.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Same as Yoshi and Zelda, both haven't got a newcomer for years.
For Yoshi, it's Poochy. For Zelda, CD-I Ganon.
The issue between Kirby and Zelda is that Zelda already has twice as many fighters as Kirby does.

Yoshi is definitely facing unfair treatment as well, but I'd prioritize another Kirby newcomer above a Yoshi one simply because Kirby has a much larger pool of characters to choose from.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The issue between Kirby and Zelda is that Zelda already has twice as many fighters as Kirby does.

Yoshi is definitely facing unfair treatment as well, but I'd prioritize another Kirby newcomer above a Yoshi one simply because Kirby has a much larger pool of characters to choose from.
Yep... poor Yoshi. Hasn't got a new rep for years.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Still wish I could vibe with Kirby in Ultimate as much I did back in Smash 4... Idk what it is, but something about how he feels in this game just doesn't click as much. I'll play him every so often, but then, it feels more like a chore than a choice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If rumors of two Second DLC character being promoted spirits are to be believed (which I take with a pre-super size me McDonalds amount of salt) then things could look peachy for our little guy with the pointy stick.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If rumors of two Second DLC character being promoted spirits are to be believed (which I take with a pre-super size me McDonalds amount of salt) then things could look peachy for our little guy with the pointy stick.
Oh, yeah. I've heard about that. Man, I REALLY hope this is true as our spear-wielding orb may still have a fighting chance after all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is news to me. Where did you hear this from?
Came through the speculation grapevine so I don't know it's initial source. Hence taking it with [insert fandom you hate]'s tears worth of salt.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Regarding the
Geno and Doomguy
leak, I doubt the former is in because
It seems unlikely that Square would lend us Geno when they can't even give us Final Fantasy spirits
, but Verge deconfirmed both of them. And why is everyone suddenly believing that there will be two fighters in the last pass? What I think is that if they're both in the game, the latter, who is not a Spirit, would be in this fighters' pass and the former, who is a spirit, has already been decided as future DLC.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
wouldnt that be nice

Regarding the
Geno and Doomguy
leak, I doubt the former is in because
It seems unlikely that Square would lend us Geno when they can't even give us Final Fantasy spirits
doesnt that logic kind of fall apart when you look at all the dragon quest stuff we got? also i heard there were licencing issues with the ff stuff

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
doesnt that logic kind of fall apart when you look at all the dragon quest stuff we got? also i heard there were licencing issues with the ff stuff
[/QUOTE]
Maybe you're right. But knowing Square they may be up to funky business. Besides, Geno is already a Spirit, and it's pretty much been established that this fighters' pass won't have Spirits (we are currently 0-4 for Spiruts being fighters). And again, Verge already deconfirmed both Geno and Doomguy, and we all know he must have a pretty good source to have predicted :ultridley::ulticeclimbers::ultsimon::ultincineroar::ultken: ahead of time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Maybe you're right. But knowing Square they may be up to funky business. Besides, Geno is already a Spirit, and it's pretty much been established that this fighters' pass won't have Spirits (we are currently 0-4 for Spiruts being fighters). And again, Verge already deconfirmed both Geno and Doomguy, and we all know he must have a pretty good source to have predicted :ultridley::ulticeclimbers::ultsimon::ultincineroar::ultken: ahead of time.
oh i wasnt saying that geno was likely i was just pointing something out

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I'll say this about... the two characters.

Geno... is certainly in a weird spot. I won't say he's impossible, but I don't expect him in this first fighter pass, unless he's purposely planned as a tie into fighter pass 2 being a spirit promotion pass. Anyways, we've already gotten a Square Enix character in Hero with the pass, and I don't expect another. Also, while Dragon Quest may have certainly given us a little more with actual spirits compared to Final Fantasy, the music department is still just as disappointing, compared to Banjo's new remixes and SNK's 50 something songs. Haven't been impressed with Square's content so far.

Doomguy is another thing. Certainly a character that's been highly speculated so far, but also niche in terms of appeal in Japan. I don't see that as quite the nail in the coffin though. We've had characters that appeal to specific regions before. I actually see Doomguy as more likely than Geno. At least for character 5 that is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There are new rumours? What happened?
Well Ryu Hyabusa, Geno, Crash, Doomguy, Tracer and Scorpion are apparently not the 5th on and two spirits will get promoted after the pass.

More process of elimination for us

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think if we do get 2 and only 2 Spirit promotions, it will certainly be Geno because of his massive fan demand and Bandana Dee, Shantae, or Elma. If this turns out true Geno will definitely get promoted, but for the other slot it could be anyones' game especially for the fan favorites I listed above.

Elma I think has a chance for multiple reasons:

1. No Xenoblade X music in the game.

2. Elma's voice actress announcing back last November she's been during a role for something and has not yet announced what it is a year later.

3. Some character said in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that it was everyones' dream to see Shulk and Elma together in one place. Noting Rex and Pyra were in this scene but they just said Shulk and Elma alone.

I'm not saying it will be Elma, but I certainly think she has a better shot then Rex & Pyra because of these reasons and her game coming out before the project plan for Ultimate was finalize.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
3. Some character said in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that it was everyones' dream to see Shulk and Elma together in one place. Noting Rex and Pyra were in this scene but they just said Shulk and Elma alone.
no the scene refers to all three of them

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think if we do get 2 and only 2 Spirit promotions, it will certainly be Geno because of his massive fan demand and Bandana Dee, Shantae, or Elma. If this turns out true Geno will definitely get promoted, but for the other slot it could be anyones' game especially for the fan favorites I listed above.

Elma I think has a chance for multiple reasons:

1. No Xenoblade X music in the game.

2. Elma's voice actress announcing back last November she's been during a role for something and has not yet announced what it is a year later.

I'm not saying it will be Elma, but I certainly think she has a better shot then Rex & Pyra because of these reasons and her game coming out before the project plan for Ultimate was finalize.
I still think Spirits Deconfirm and that person was saying it for clout, but if it is real, I think it's Geno and Rayman. Both are highly requested, Sakurai wants Geno, and why get a company as big as Ubisoft only for a collectible twice in a row? Elma has a chance, but the fact that she's Nintendo holds her back quite a bit, Shantae is too obscure (that's coming from I'm a pessimist who wants her in), so I can't see her getting in, especially with Shovel Knight and sans deconfirmed, as well as rumors about Reimu taking the potential indie fighter slot.

As for Bandana Dee, he's got a ton of things holding him back. Firstly, he's Nintendo, which is a big DLC no-no (or at least only one per game), he's 95% Modern Kirby, which is a big Smash Bros no-no, and his world is already represented with a fighter, which means that Sakurai would turn him down even without bias. (It doesn't really apply to Elma since there's like only one tiny reference to XB1 in XBX)

Edit: forgot to mention this: People HATE Bandana Dee. For every one person who wants Bandana Dee, there are two people who think he's a hat goomba, which probably includes Sakurai and his team, considering how they added Bandana Dee's spirit as an enhancement to normal waddle dee, when the slot could have been held by Parasol waddle dee

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Well, it seems that the 5th DLC may come from
Playstation game.
Still, don't lose hope, Bandanna fans! I'm sure he will get in Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Playstation game.
If you're basing it on the Japanese Smash tournament, it doesn't seem like that means much.

Really looking forward to that character from the Japan Patent Office!

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Edit: forgot to mention this: People HATE Bandana Dee. For every one person who wants Bandana Dee, there are two people who think he's a hat goomba, which probably includes Sakurai and his team, considering how they added Bandana Dee's spirit as an enhancement to normal waddle dee, when the slot could have been held by Parasol waddle dee
Citation needed. There's zero proof for any of that. If anything, I'd say the opposite case is true and the Deetractors are just a vocal minority. I honestly see the general opinion on him as neutral at worst. And I seriously doubt Sakurai and the dev team hold some vendetta against him due to him being an enhanced Waddle Dee Spirit. He belongs to the Waddle Dee race after all so it still makes sense. Also, a regular Waddle Dee being enhanced into one holding a parasol doesn't really sound like an exicting enhancement, does it? Furthermore Sakurai hating him for being a Waddle Dee makes no sense. He created the Waddle Dees as well as Bandee and he even added :ultpiranha: as a fighter so he doesn't seem to hold a grudge against generic mooks.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
And I seriously doubt Sakurai and the dev team hold some vendetta against him due to him being an enhanced Waddle Dee Spirit. He belongs to the Waddle Dee race after all so it still makes sense. Furthermore Sakurai hating him for being a Waddle Dee makes no sense. He created the Waddle Dees as well as Bandee and he even added :ultpiranha: as a fighter so he doesn't seem to hold a grudge against generic mooks.
He did create Bandanna Dee, but as a minor character. He became a well established character in the games he didn't direct. And everyone knows how well he feels about all the Kirby games after Super Star. Sakurai might not hate him, but he certainly doesn't care.

Also, a regular Waddle Dee being enhanced into one holding a parasol doesn't really sound like an exicting enhancement, does it?
Take that back. Parasol Dee is cool. :shades:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
no the scene refers to all three of them
I haven't seen it in awhile so maybe you're right. But that's what I can remember.

I still think Spirits Deconfirm and that person was saying it for clout, but if it is real, I think it's Geno and Rayman. Both are highly requested, Sakurai wants Geno, and why get a company as big as Ubisoft only for a collectible twice in a row? Elma has a chance, but the fact that she's Nintendo holds her back quite a bit, Shantae is too obscure (that's coming from I'm a pessimist who wants her in), so I can't see her getting in, especially with Shovel Knight and sans deconfirmed, as well as rumors about Reimu taking the potential indie fighter slot.

As for Bandana Dee, he's got a ton of things holding him back. Firstly, he's Nintendo, which is a big DLC no-no (or at least only one per game), he's 95% Modern Kirby, which is a big Smash Bros no-no, and his world is already represented with a fighter, which means that Sakurai would turn him down even without bias. (It doesn't really apply to Elma since there's like only one tiny reference to XB1 in XBX)

Damn man! Have at least a little bit of optimism for at least one of your wants jeez.

Playstation game.
I doubt it, but if so... Kratos incoming!

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Honestly, I heavily expect Crash to be "PlayStation"'s character, since he's still associated with them, even though he's kinda on every console now.

Top Bottom