• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

P47

Smash Apprentice
HAL is recruiting for an upcoming Kirby project
Something big might be in the works

EDIT: Changed Tweet to the official source

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Well, they said in their day that Kirby's next main game was going to be a very big step

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
HAL is recruiting for an upcoming Kirby project
Something big might be in the works

EDIT: Changed Tweet to the official source
On one hand that means it's a while away and we probably get nothing announced today.

On the other hand, great news! Really looking forward to seeing where they take the series.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
On one hand that means it's a while away and we probably get nothing announced today.

On the other hand, great news! Really looking forward to seeing where they take the series.
Oh well. Kirby's been doing a lot for the past few years. It was only a matter of time till Kirby took a break year. I'd rather wait a few years for quality than have consistently rushed games like Pokemon, have the series go dormant like Metroid or even dead like F-Zero.

Edit made after 9/4/19 Direct:

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
He emphasized that he wanted to bring in more game worlds, which practically confirms more third-parties. Regardless, Bandana Waddle Dee still has a fair chance now.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
There's.... there's... there's MORE DLC on way AFTER the 5th Fighter's Pass character??? I swear, I think I almost shed a tear....

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
2nd pass is HUGE, because that means we're very likely to get people like Crash in smash. Maybe BWD isn't out of the run after all.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
This extra wave of DLC is big for us!

...you know, unless Nintendo decides the only two 1st party additions should be Gen 8 Pokemon and 3 Houses character. I mean, I'd be fine if they were added, but not if they were the only Nintendo characters added you know? It'd feel like we'd take a step back again towards "relevance recency," even though Bandana Dee is relevant and requested.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Bandanna Dee and Waluigi seem like the toppest of the top tier choices for 1st party dlc. I would say he's pretty likely.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
While the second Fighters Pass featuring mostly 1st Party characters seems to be a bit too optimistic, my hopes for Dee has risen a little. I've heard that the whole "adding new worlds to Smash" could potentially be translated as "Any new character added to Smash expands its world" or something like that, though regardless of whether that's accurate or not I imagine it'll be mostly third party characters anyway, since they create the most buzz. Still, there's the chance that there'll be a little bone thrown to us...

I guess one thing to consider though is that they didn't necessarily phrase it as "Fighter's Pass 2." This means that there's a chance that this next wave of DLC Characters might not necessarily come bundled with a stage and a music pack. Of course this could just be preliminary and they'll ultimately reveal that the next wave will come in an identical format, but if not, Dee's chances might just be a little higher...

Maikou

Smash Ace
This extra wave of DLC is big for us!

...you know, unless Nintendo decides the only two 1st party additions should be Gen 8 Pokemon and 3 Houses character. I mean, I'd be fine if they were added, but not if they were the only Nintendo characters added you know? It'd feel like we'd take a step back again towards "relevance recency," even though Bandana Dee is relevant and requested.
As the Lycanroc pack has discussed, that seems unlikely. For one, besides how many people would complain (and Sakurai is no moron, he KNOWS people would complain), about yet another sword-wielding FE character (well, another FE character in general, really...), Three Houses and SwiSh are most likely TOO recent for representation, like Xenoblade 2 and ARMS were. Unfortunately, what DOES seem likely is more 3rd parties, or some kind of NES/SNES-era revival of a forgotten franchise or something along those lines. Sakurai's statement and the captions in the Smash video imply all the DLC characters from wave 2 will be from franchises new to Smash as well, which bodes quite poorly for Bandana Dee and Lycanroc....

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He emphasized that he wanted to bring in more game worlds, which practically confirms more third-parties. Regardless, Bandana Waddle Dee still has a fair chance now.
not really, its actually a pretty broad statement, i mean we have no idea what in sakurai's mind is a different game world from another

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
If you seriously think that a fighting game character wouldn't have a good moveset for a fighting game, then I'd strongly recommend playing a King of Fighters game, a Fatal Fury game, a Capcom vs. SNK game, or Garou: Mark of the Wolves to see what he can do.
Except that's an oxymoron. because of how tied to a basic Fighting Game moveset he is, Terry is inherently going to be bland in Smash. They can't give him any actually interesting mechanics as it would clash with his "canon" movelist.
Ryu only works because he's "THE" Fighting game character. Basic fighting game mechanics like quarter circles and cancels are his entire selling point. What's left for Terry? Another generic meter?

TL;DR: a shoto can never escape his fate of being the stale toast of fighting game characters

That said I won't complain that he's in. It's not like any of us will even remember he's in the game after the first day he's added lol. And Hat Ken has been good publicity for tearing down the "Hat Goomba" crowd
Hat Bros.jpg

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Unrelated, but for those who aren't aware... Parallel Nightmare in Super Kirby Clash is voiced by none other than Banjo... Ginga!

For those who don't know, HAL pretty much just brought back the guy who voiced the (actual) Nightmare Wizard (AND Customer Service) from the original Japanese dub of Kirby: Right Back At Ya! If this isn't fanservice, I don't know what is.

Seriously, with all the rather conspicuous Nightmare-related stuff coming about ever since the beginning of Star Allies's endgame (starting with Hyness' rant), I think Nightmare will be the main antagonist of the next mainline Kirby game.

Who here thinks Holy Nightmare/Nightmare Enterprises is going to be canon to the Kirby series?

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Unrelated, but for those who aren't aware... Parallel Nightmare in Super Kirby Clash is voiced by none other than Banjo... Ginga!

For those who don't know, HAL pretty much just brought back the guy who voiced the (actual) Nightmare Wizard (AND Customer Service) from the original Japanese dub of Kirby: Right Back At Ya! If this isn't fanservice, I don't know what is.

Seriously, with all the rather conspicuous Nightmare-related stuff coming about ever since the beginning of Star Allies's endgame (starting with Hyness' rant), I think Nightmare will be the main antagonist of the next mainline Kirby game.

Who here thinks Holy Nightmare/Nightmare Enterprises is going to be canon to the Kirby series?
Escargoon at the very least made a cameo in the games, so that doesn't sound too farfetched in my view.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Cool to see that voice acted Kirby bad guys is now a permanent staple. Speaking of which...why don't King Dedede and Meta Knight use their Kirby game voices, but Kirby does? King Dedede is especially weird, because how did Sakurai have time to do his clips while also actively working on the game? I envy that dedication.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Speaking of voices I notice that Bandana Dee has his squeaky duck voice again, after it got removed in Star Allies.

I hope he keeps it for good this time

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Deserves to be in Sm5sh.jpg

(Found this on DeviantART)
No matter what, this adorable smol child deserves to be in Smash Ultimate. (Excited for the future DLC)
Along with Poochy, another wanted fighter with Bandana Dee too.
Seeing him in this picture makes me want to touch his rosy cheeks and hug him lovingly.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Speaking of voices I notice that Bandana Dee has his squeaky duck voice again, after it got removed in Star Allies.

I hope he keeps it for good this time
I find it so weird that characters with established voices are completely silent or have a different ones for smash. Isabelle and Piranha Plant immediately come to mind.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Cool to see that voice acted Kirby bad guys is now a permanent staple. Speaking of which...why don't King Dedede and Meta Knight use their Kirby game voices, but Kirby does? King Dedede is especially weird, because how did Sakurai have time to do his clips while also actively working on the game? I envy that dedication.
well kirby's voice debuted in the games before the anime so its the other way around

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Meta Knight in Japanese actually uses his voice from the anime I believe.

And with King Dedede, why pay another person when you can do it yourself?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I admit that after Hero and Banjo-kazooie were announced I lost some faith in 1st party characters but with a confirmation that the season pass isn't the end I'm back on the Dee 100%

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So... while Fighter Pass 2's not confirmed, Smash Ultimate's DLC is far from over. While I don't think this means Bandana Dee's a lock by any, it definitely helps his chances. Let's hope Bandana Dee's waiting in the wings to collect his prize!

Got some bad news. Although most of us probably saw this coming, a 2nd fighter pass is pretty much deconfirmed. For us, this basically means that any concepts of a "Nintendo Fighters Pass", especially ones with Bandana Dee, are almost completely out the window.

Oh well. Kirby's been doing a lot for the past few years. It was only a matter of time till Kirby took a break year. I'd rather wait a few years for quality than have consistently rushed games like Pokemon, have the series go dormant like Metroid or even dead like F-Zero.

Wow. Everything I said over the past few days was proven wrong.

That's what I mean though, I don't get why Sakurai feels obligated to work on the dlc when he has the entire team to do it? Bandai and Sora Ltd. know what they're doing (I think)
I think we have an answer for that now after the Banjo presentation. He treats every Smash game like it's his last (or the last) and he wants to make each Smash game the best it can possibly be before he has to retire or stop development.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
So... while Fighter Pass 2's not confirmed, Smash Ultimate's DLC is far from over. While I don't think this means Bandana Dee's a lock by any, it definitely helps his chances. Let's hope Bandana Dee's waiting in the wings to collect his prize!

Wow. Everything I said over the past few days was proven wrong.

I think we have an answer for that now after the Banjo presentation. He treats every Smash game like it's his last (or the last) and he wants to make each Smash game the best it can possibly be before he has to retire or stop development.
I feel like in the scenic 5 years from now on the Switch 2, they're gonna grab sakurai again for the next smash...

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So the new DLC pass in no way indicates that it's only going to be third parties like the current one, and we also don't know how many fighters there will be.

Considering the 16 slot datamine, we could be due for up to another 10 fighters.

I'd say Dee now has a pretty good chance of being one of those!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How's everyone doing with Super Kirby Clash?

I find that the levels seem to be built to put you online.
Half go really well, the other half I may as well be playing a turn based RPG.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

I haven't downloaded it yet. Is it worth investing time in? It seems fun.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This may not mean much, but this fan-gauging is based on the comments on Nintendo's official Twitter.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Pretty sure the anime stuff only mostly mattered in the DS era. But having Nightmare return and have actual depth? Under the direction of Shinya Kumazaki?

You bet that I'd be up for that.

Incidentally, I posted the two hours version of this after I was proven right about more slots, when most of the board was wrong.

P47

Smash Apprentice

Imo it's a huge improvement over TKCD.
  • Online multiplayer was a great addition.
  • The game is way more generous with gem apple$ (so less waiting and you can actually play other classes besides your main every now and then)
  • As long as you do some party quests (which thankfully can also be done solo), you usually don't have to worry about running out of vigor since you're always leveling up.
  • Stickers and all the little additions are neat. Also music is great but that goes without saying for Kirby
Made it all the way to the last boss already without spending a single cent.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This may not mean much, but this fan-gauging is based on the comments on Nintendo's official Twitter.
No one should take that list seriously. For starters, it only looks at about 400 Tweets, which is way too little for three regions. Second, a lot of people from regions other than the region the Tweet was intended for replied, such as Americans replying on the Japanese Tweet. Third, people on Twitter have a tendency to copy what others have posted. If you can't make a poll or conduct a survey without hiding the responses from others, then you need to look at a variety of sources, not just one.

Again, no one should take this list seriously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom