• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I know we've talked about Bandana Dee having a parasol in the past, but how would you guys feel if he got a the Dedede treatment?
Err, what I mean is, when Dedede picks up a Hammer or Golden Hammer, he swings the newly acquired hammer alongside his current one. So, why not give Bandana Dee special item interaction? I propose that the Parasol item from Melee make a return, and when Bandana Dee picks it up, instead of him getting a red and white one, he gets a blue and white one.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I know we've talked about Bandana Dee having a parasol in the past, but how would you guys feel if he got a the Dedede treatment?
Err, what I mean is, when Dedede picks up a Hammer or Golden Hammer, he swings the newly acquired hammer alongside his current one. So, why not give Bandana Dee special item interaction? I propose that the Parasol item from Melee make a return, and when Bandana Dee picks it up, instead of him getting a red and white one, he gets a blue and white one.
thatd be a neat little thing to do

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Jeez, it's been pretty slow in terms of smash...anything. At least Ultimate got 3 million sales alone in Japan!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey guys, remember some odd pages ago when I asked about Bandana Dee being in Death Battle? Well, good news and bad news. The bad news is that the next Death Battle doesn't have the Dee. The good news is that it DOES feature King Dedede, who's going up against Wario. We might at least get a cameo from Bandana Dee in that.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Not sure if anyone posted it already, but someone on 4chan translated an interview with Kumazaki. According to the man himself, the team at HAL was actually planning on making a "Let's go Bandana Dee!" Detour mode to follow Dedede's and Meta Knight's playable modes in the 3DS games. It was going to happen until they decided to make a million playable characters for Star Allies.

Have high hopes, friends. Even if Dee doesn't get into Smash this time, we at least know that he'll continue to have important and playable roles in his home series

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not sure if anyone posted it already, but someone on 4chan translated an interview with Kumazaki. According to the man himself, the team at HAL was actually planning on making a "Let's go Bandana Dee!" Detour mode to follow Dedede's and Meta Knight's playable modes in the 3DS games. It was going to happen until they decided to make a million playable characters for Star Allies.

Have high hopes, friends. Even if Dee doesn't get into Smash this time, we at least know that he'll continue to have important and playable roles in his home series
thats awesome. and it makes sense star allies didnt do it. when you have so many playable characters best not limit yourself to one.

although i am curious if perhaps we've missed our chance for a while. Star Allies completion feels very final for kirby, i think next kirby game will be very different. perhaps so different there isnt room for other characters playable

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Really hoping for 3D Kirby next. We got like 2 weeks left till the end of the month
Considering Hal's experiments with 3D Kirby in that one Robobot minigame and Kirby Battle Royale, I think it's safe to say they have a general standing on how to make abilities, enemies and Kirby himself work well in an open environment. My only issue is how they'll be able to make it unique enough to warrant a full game...

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Considering Hal's experiments with 3D Kirby in that one Robobot minigame and Kirby Battle Royale, I think it's safe to say they have a general standing on how to make abilities, enemies and Kirby himself work well in an open environment. My only issue is how they'll be able to make it unique enough to warrant a full game...
Not only that, but I think City Trial provided the building blocks for Kirby in 3D, at least in form of movement and control.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman

Here's the source: https://www.ndw.jp/kirby_02/

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
You know how Stage Builder's coming back, right? Wouldn't it be cool if a whole bunch of people flooded the Online with Modern Kirby custom stages just to show how much they want it to be properly represented? Probably not gonna happen, but imagine lol

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You know how Stage Builder's coming back, right? Wouldn't it be cool if a whole bunch of people flooded the Online with Modern Kirby custom stages just to show how much they want it to be properly represented? Probably not gonna happen, but imagine lol
well we could take it upon ourselves to do so, ill have a bash and see if i can make a dream stalk stage

Last edited:

SwitchButton

So looks like stages and pics with the most "likes" appear on the top of the pages.

What if we made a bunch of Bandana Dee stages and posted them here to collect likes from one another? That way he'd get more visibility.

Wait can you still draw on screenshots? We could do that as well

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Alright, we all have to post our custom Kirby stages when we make them!

Sometime in the next week I'm gonna try to make Castle Dedede.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hey guys, remember some odd pages ago when I asked about Bandana Dee being in Death Battle? Well, good news and bad news. The bad news is that the next Death Battle doesn't have the Dee. The good news is that it DOES feature King Dedede, who's going up against Wario. We might at least get a cameo from Bandana Dee in that.
If Bandana Dee was used for a Death Battle, who could he fight?

SwitchButton

So according to Sakurai each DLC fighter will have their own Spirit board that is themed around them.

I also noticed how there's not a single Dream Friend render in ultimate as a Spirit. Who knows, could be saved for a Dream Friend themed spirit board for our Dee boi

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So according to Sakurai each DLC fighter will have their own Spirit board that is themed around them.

I also noticed how there's not a single Dream Friend render in ultimate as a Spirit. Who knows, could be saved for a Dream Friend themed spirit board for our Dee boi
and we dont have all the dream friends either

FancySmash

Smash Lord
It's been rather quiet around here. We haven't lost hope, have we? Maybe a new topic is in order...

So... why is there a lack of Bandana Dee plush compared to the rest of the cast. It can't be because normal dee plush exist...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's been rather quiet around here. We haven't lost hope, have we? Maybe a new topic is in order...

So... why is there a lack of Bandana Dee plush compared to the rest of the cast. It can't be because normal dee plush exist...
perhaps they prefer to make the bandana out of a really expensive fabric

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Personally, I don't like how they handle DLC spirits. You just beat em and then you just get them. It's great for getting the same spirits for amiibo (I actually plan on gathering up some to retrain my smash 4 sets). Btw, BWD definitely needs to come Dedede's castle as a stage.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
perhaps they prefer to make the bandana out of a really expensive fabric
Only the finest Dreamland silks... or maybe they're made from Como string?

Personally, I don't like how they handle DLC spirits. You just beat em and then you just get them. It's great for getting the same spirits for amiibo (I actually plan on gathering up some to retrain my smash 4 sets). Btw, BWD definitely needs to come Dedede's castle as a stage.
Castle Dedede could be really fun. Plus, Kirby has Dreamland, Great Cave Offensive, and Green Greens, while Meta Knight has Halberd. What does Dedede have? I guess Fountain of Dreams, though that doesn't seem specific to him.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Castle Dedede could be really fun. Plus, Kirby has Dreamland, Great Cave Offensive, and Green Greens, while Meta Knight has Halberd. What does Dedede have? I guess Fountain of Dreams, though that doesn't seem specific to him.
Exactly. That's also probably the reason why to this date we haven't got real boss themes in smash for Kirby. Besides Dedede's theme, like twice. I guess 0^squared and Marx as well, but they are from Brawl. Where's a Dark Matter theme, or Drawcia? Almost forgot Sectionia got a rip of her Flower phase and The World To Win.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So this is a thing that happened :b:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
So this is a thing that happened :b:

Wow, this just made my day! Best Buy responding to a parody account.
Also, are they trying to give us a hint or leak?
They've done it before...
1556762332492.png

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 214659
Though that's more of a case of... showing actual data.

They've gotten stuff wrong too. Remember amiibo unlocking characters in Ultimate? Pepper Ridge Farm remembers.

They also leaked Persona 5 for the Switch, but that didn't come up(though that could still come up), same with ALTTP for the Switch(again, could come up). I'd take it with a grain of salt if they say stuff.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice

They've gotten stuff wrong too. Remember amiibo unlocking characters in Ultimate? Pepper Ridge Farm remembers.

They also leaked Persona 5 for the Switch, but that didn't come up(though that could still come up), same with ALTTP for the Switch(again, could come up). I'd take it with a grain of salt if they say stuff.
True. Though, I'm still happy we have Best Buy supporting the Bandana Brigade.
still hoping for that P5 port or P5R later revealed for switch.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
View attachment 214659

IMO, it's not even that. I think it's just the person running the Best Buy twitter just 1: Poking fun at the parody account and/or 2: saying they like/support Bandana Dee. Wouldn't go so far as to use that as evidence in Bandana Dee's favor. Just a funny little thing that happened.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that thought that Star Allies was Sakurai's secret project at E3 2017?
It seemed to have a boatload of references to his Kirby games at the time. Of course, this wasn't the case and Sakurai ended up going back~to~back~to~back on Smash, but I'm still optimistic for Sakurai to return to the Kirby franchise and really rejuvenate the core concepts.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
His Final Smash in my Super Smash Bros. Eternity would be him punching the ground so hard creating a massive shockwave that iconic cities like Sydney, New York and many more get destroyed by it onscreen with the Earth breaking into pieces (just like in G.I Joe Retaliation with London)

Last edited:
Top Bottom