• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Do you guys remember how in Kirby's Return to Dream land, if 2or more people stacked on top of each other and held and released the guard button at the same time, the person on the bottom would execute this big super attack? I thought that Bandana Waddle Dee's final smash could be his super attack thingy.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Do you guys remember how in Kirby's Return to Dream land, if 2or more people stacked on top of each other and held and released the guard button at the same time, the person on the bottom would execute this big super attack? I thought that Bandana Waddle Dee's final smash could be his super attack thingy.
The one where they use a puff of smoke? IDK, that feels like it's an obscure reference and doesn't feel too powerful of an attack to be a Final Smash. No offense, but I still like the idea of the Waddle Dees forming a boulder out of friend wheels and using that, somewhat akin to Dedede's Brawl Final Smash.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The one where they use a puff of smoke? IDK, that feels like it's an obscure reference and doesn't feel too powerful of an attack to be a Final Smash. No offense, but I still like the idea of the Waddle Dees forming a boulder out of friend wheels and using that, somewhat akin to Dedede's Brawl Final Smash.
Just a thought.It seemed like a good idea.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Actually, the attack changes based on the character that is at the base of the stack; if a Kirby is the character at the base, regardless of what ability he has, it launches a giant air puff, but if BWD is the character at the base of the stack, it creates a burst of energy spear projectiles IIRC. It’s still probably too obscure to use on its own, unless they use the energy spears as the basis of a completely made up Final Smash or something.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Actually, the attack changes based on the character that is at the base of the stack; if a Kirby is the character at the base, regardless of what ability he has, it launches a giant air puff, but if BWD is the character at the base of the stack, it creates a burst of energy spear projectiles IIRC. It’s still probably too obscure to use on its own, unless they use the energy spears as the basis of a completely made up Final Smash or something.
Maybe that could be a precursor to a cinematic FS where he sends out a burst of spears that causes anyone hit to be sent into the full Final Smash, or maybe just a Down Special.

In other news, 1 Year ago, Inkling saw the Smash Ball in her eye and we all lost our minds. IMO, that was the biggest shock and hype in Nintendo History.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In other news, 1 Year ago, Inkling saw the Smash Ball in her eye and we all lost our minds. IMO, that was the biggest shock and hype in Nintendo History.
I don't even think that was the biggest shock/hype moment in Smash Bros. history, let alone Nintendo history.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I kind of feel like if they are gonna do a wave 2 for Ultimate, they're gonna need to do something to make it so that Smash can actually handle more stuff. Somehow, the game takes time to render alternates, even not allowing you to pick any of them until it literally loads in. However, they are apparently adding new modes, so maybe the game just has less priority on certain things?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I kind of feel like if they are gonna do a wave 2 for Ultimate, they're gonna need to do something to make it so that Smash can actually handle more stuff. Somehow, the game takes time to render alternates, even not allowing you to pick any of them until it literally loads in. However, they are apparently adding new modes, so maybe the game just has less priority on certain things?
I don't know what they can and can't do, but what I do know is if rumors are true, it's gonna be bad news for DLC having a Wave 2.

Mainly in stage builder. I enjoy the mode as much as the next guy, but it will lower Wave 2's odds a lot. So the reason we have quite a bit of hope for Wave 2 happening is that when factoring in the 5 DLC stages onto the Stage Select Screen, we still have a space left for a button. If that button turns out to be a stage builder, that means its likely not provisions for wave 2, making the situation worse off for anyone hoping for Wave 2.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think it's possible to add new characters without stages, although they would all need to be for existing series that are already in the game.
True, but Sakurai said their approach to DLC directly involved stages and music tracks. I'd believe it if Echo Fighters were to be added, but not so much for full-fledged newcomers. Also, I said lower the odds, not deconfirm.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
True, but Sakurai said their approach to DLC directly involved stages and music tracks. I'd believe it if Echo Fighters were to be added, but not so much for full-fledged newcomers. Also, I said lower the odds, not deconfirm.
I have a theory that in April we may be getting one echo fighter. Not sure who because it's just an assumption due to how secretive they're being about the update, but who knows? Watch it end up being something like Pink Gold Peach or something lmao

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I have a theory that in April we may be getting one echo fighter. Not sure who because it's just an assumption due to how secretive they're being about the update, but who knows? Watch it end up being something like Pink Gold Peach or something lmao
Thing is, they don't have many character to choose from, since everyone is either deconfirmed by spirits or already has an echo, in PGP's case. The only choices they have left are Ms. PAC-MAN, Malos (who wouldn't get in before Rex and Pyra), and the President from Pikmin. Maybe a few others, but much like the main newcomers, the echo fighter pool's pretty much a barren wasteland due to spirits.

Edit: Don't worry. PGP can't get in because of Daisy.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Thing is, they don't have many character to choose from, since everyone is either deconfirmed by spirits or already has an echo, in PGP's case. The only choices they have left are Ms. PAC-MAN, Malos (who wouldn't get in before Rex and Pyra), and the President from Pikmin. Maybe a few others, but much like the main newcomers, the echo fighter pool's pretty much a barren wasteland due to spirits.

Edit: Don't worry. PGP can't get in because of Daisy.
Ms. PAC-MAN with her unique fruit (pretzels, banana, etc.) would be amazing. Also, I wonder if we're getting more music? HIGHLY doubt it, due to the hell they went through compressing tracks in the first place.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm not totally sure echo DLC is going to be a thing. That was never mentioned. I'm not denouncing it, I'm just saying there's no reason to fully believe it's a thing.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'm not totally sure echo DLC is going to be a thing. That was never mentioned. I'm not denouncing it, I'm just saying there's no reason to fully believe it's a thing.
They're probably not happening. Would have been better than Mii costumes, since we need more confirmations instead of deconfirmations, but things are looking pretty bad for the DLC as a whole with all of the Sprits, ATs, Mii Costumes and leaks, ngl.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
They're probably not happening. Would have been better than Mii costumes, since we need more confirmations instead of deconfirmations, but things are looking pretty bad for the DLC as a whole with all of the Sprits, ATs, Mii Costumes and leaks, ngl.
Like I've said before, I don't think there are going to be redundancies in the DLC, so I'm betting on the side that Spirits Deconfirm....for now.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nope, nice try though.

"Everyone is Here" was big because it adressed to every existing character's fanbase in Smash, not just one newcomer.
I think K. Rool's was bigger, though, because it addressed every not-yet-announced character's fan base. After a character that hadn't appeared in a videogame in 10 years got included solely due to fan demand, suddenly everything was possible. Imo the impact of that in the fandom was bigger than seeing Pichu return, but different strokes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think K. Rool's was bigger, though, because it addressed every not-yet-announced character's fan base. After a character that hadn't appeared in a videogame in 10 years got included solely due to fan demand, suddenly everything was possible. Imo the impact of that in the fandom was bigger than seeing Pichu return, but different strokes.
I think Snake was a better indication of "everything is possible".

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Good point, although remember that Young Link and Pichu were revealed right after Snake was, and no one ever thought those two were returning.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
K. Rool was my most wanted so I freaked out and almost had a heart attack when he was revealed. But you can't deny "Everyone Is Here!" wasn't a bigger deal because it was. Seeing all the veterans return was surreal and out of this world, and I don't think everything else other than "Everyone Is Here!" happening again in a future Smash will top it off.

I think Snake was a better indication of "everything is possible".
I agree and disagree with that statement. To be honest, I think Ridley was a better indication of "everything is possible" because we all thought he was too big and so did Sakurai, but he put him in because of his performance in the Ballot and so many people wanted him so badly. It shows if a character has enough popularity and Sakurai is aware of it, he can make it happen no matter how difficult or impossible we might think the character is to develop.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Ridley was most likely the "everything is possible" newcomer since he had the most going against his inclusion in Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like there's no objective way to figure out who the "everything is possible" character is, because a lot of it's going to depend on our point of view.

People could say it applies to Cloud (seeing as he's never had a starring role on Nintendo consoles, only cameos), Snake (the first third party character), Ridley (the constant stream of detractors), K. Rool (dismissed as irrelevant by some since he hadn't appeared in a decade), Roy (a character whose game wasn't even out in Japan when Melee came out), Wii Fit Trainer (a character with no apparent combat potential), Piranha Plant (literally just a random enemy), Captain Falcon (his moveset has absolutely nothing to do with his source material), Joker (for similar reasons to Cloud - we never saw it coming!)... I could go on and on.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
People are calling Ridley or so and so the anything is possible character, while we're trying to do the truly impossible: get a modern Kirby rep. Seriously, people are saying "oh there are no rules every big fan rule has been broken before who's to say this one wont get broken too", but I truly think "No Modern Kirby" is the one exception to the "no rules" rule (Edit: besides Manga characters) as long as Sakurai is director.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
People are calling Ridley or so and so the anything is possible character, while we're trying to do the truly impossible: get a modern Kirby rep. Seriously, people are saying "oh there are no rules every big fan rule has been broken before who's to say this one wont get broken too", but I truly think "No Modern Kirby" is the one exception to the "no rules" rule (Edit: besides Manga characters) as long as Sakurai is director.
"No non-Triforce user Zelda character"?
"No non-sword-user FE character"?
"No non-first DKC Donkey Kong character"?

It's not hard to come up with "rules" if they are just pattern recognition.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
"No non-Triforce user Zelda character"?
"No non-sword-user FE character"?
"No non-first DKC Donkey Kong character"?

It's not hard to come up with "rules" if they are just pattern recognition.
Non-sword FE user is most likely due to the fact that most important FE characters/lords use a sword. Then again Robin uses his tomes and Corrin does their shape shifting...thingy, so I guess maybe the devs thought that didn't count as much(?)
The lack of a recent DKC rep is most likely due to the fact that there was a limited amount of newcomers and having multiple newcomers from DK in Ultimate would be a bit much for some people. I'm adamant that if there was room for more newcomers Dixie would have been included. Smash 4 and Smash 4 DLC are a much different story.
I'll concede on Zelda though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Non-sword FE user is most likely due to the fact that most important FE characters/lords use a sword. Then again Robin uses his tomes and Corrin does their shape shifting...thingy, so I guess maybe the devs thought that didn't count as much(?)
The lack of a recent DKC rep is most likely due to the fact that there was a limited amount of newcomers and having multiple newcomers from DK in Ultimate would be a bit much for some people. I'm adamant that if there was room for more newcomers Dixie would have been included. Smash 4 and Smash 4 DLC are a much different story.
I'll concede on Zelda though.
Honestly a big reason Dixie isn't in yet is likely the lack of a DK newcomer in Melee, presumably due to the Rare debacle.

Top Bottom