• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Guys, I just had an idea. What if HAL and Nintendo released amiibos for every dream friend? And when you scan them on the main menu screen, they give you concept art from their respective games, but if you scan them in a stage in story mode, Kirby gets a costume based on the respective dream friend and also gains their abilities! How does this sound?
I've said this before, but if HAL is preparing a 30th anniversary celebration like they did for Mario and Zelda, then it's entirely possible we could get special amiibo.

I really hopewe can get an official Bandana Dee amiibo too.

(And I wish the Meta Knight amiibo wasn't $40)

Last edited:

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee, I can not understand why he is still not a character in Smash. I do not complain, it's only a matter of time! His time will come! As for Waluigi.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
If Kirby was to a 5th character I would choose Taranzai or Magalor
Taranza more of a magic user
jabs - Magic String Shot(but nerfed)
multi jab - fences with sectonia swords
forward smash - cross slash
down smash - crystal wand
up smash - Darling Dreamstalk
neutral b - taranza burst (can be charged up to be super burst)
down b - royal shock (shoot a shotgun like burst of purple electricity)
side b - puppet webs (controls the target for a short time)
up b- web spring
neutral air - web pop
f air - three quick purple energy orbs
back air - shoots yellow energy disk from sectonia's boss fight
down air - down smash
up throw-Web Hold and pop off
f throw - web kick
back throw - Pod Slamabam
down throw - pod slam
final smash he gathers energy from the dream stalk and makes a ultra Taranza Ball

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Not to sound discouraging, but it feels like there isn't really much to talk about in terms of BWD atm. I mean, sure, the next smash update is within the next 27+ days (April whenever, but smash usually releases stuff early anyway). ...I wish they'd already reveal the other 4 fighters. Or at least drop hints.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not to sound discouraging, but it feels like there isn't really much to talk about in terms of BWD atm. I mean, sure, the next smash update is within the next 27+ days (April whenever, but smash usually releases stuff early anyway). ...I wish they'd already reveal the other 4 fighters. Or at least drop hints.
If they did that, then the next year or so would be pretty dull in terms of Smash news - they're planning to spread the releases out until February 2020, so if they were all revealed (or even hinted at - the internet would likely still be able to figure out exactly who the characters are based on any hints), we'd basically have an 11 month long waiting game with no new/exciting information.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If they did that, then the next year or so would be pretty dull in terms of Smash news - they're planning to spread the releases out until February 2020, so if they were all revealed (or even hinted at - the internet would likely still be able to figure out exactly who the characters are based on any hints), we'd basically have an 11 month long waiting game with no new/exciting information.
Not to mention that it provides fuel for leakers. Silence is golden, sometimes.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Considering how recent Kirby games have developed Smash-like movesets for characters I'm quite surprised that the dev team hasn't taken away from that. I wish Meta Knight's jab was replaced with his standard 5-hit combo sword slash from RtDL/Star Allies.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Not to mention that it provides fuel for leakers. Silence is golden, sometimes.
I feel like I have the midas touch. I guess I just want time to advance faster than it is now. Probably because this semester is dragging on forever. Barely got time to practice my game.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'd rather just have the official announcements for the 4 DLC fighters now so i can focus on something other than Smash speculation for once.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's an idea; how about clearing up a gaming backlog? That oughta kill some time. In fact, Ive been trying to do that recently (finally managed to get the last Scarescraper ghost on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, as the newest accomplishment).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I hope to see Smash Ultimate montages in the future with this track in the background.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Great, now I have that to worry about too.
I think the announcement can come at any time in April, but I doubt it'll be within the first week for some reason. All, we're all under the assumption that a new Smash character will be announced then. They might not, and I might get burned like the February direct. Here's hoping we get a new character...!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the announcement can come at any time in April, but I doubt it'll be within the first week for some reason. All, we're all under the assumption that a new Smash character will be announced then. They might not, and I might get burned like the February direct. Here's hoping we get a new character...!
While I was at bed this morning, I very briefly thought(dreamt?) we were getting an announcement on the 7th. Someone cap this just in case this wound up being a premonition.

Also, I doubt they'll want to hold off announcing someone new for five more months when they got a deadline to reach early next year...

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
While I was at bed this morning, I very briefly thought(dreamt?) we were getting an announcement on the 7th. Someone cap this just in case this wound up being a premonition.

Also, I doubt they'll want to hold off announcing someone new for five more months when they got a deadline to reach early next year...
That wasn't a dream, it was an omen. Watch Nintendo just throw a surprise direct at us tomorrow.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Ah, gotcha.

Still, an omen. No one, and I mean no one can change my mind.
Just watch the 2nd DLC fighter be yet another anime character.
Anime Bandana Waddle Dee. Instead of his spear, he's got a Fire Emblem sword and speaks fluent Japanese. That'll appease the fans, right?...

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
What if....hear me out....if everyone's voice lines were replaced with "Poyo."
At that point, I'd just make everyone Kirby period for the lols.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure I'm on board with Bandana Dee's Final Smash being Megaton Punch. It's mainly because Bandana Dee is always the weakest enemy in the minigame, so it wouldn't make much sense having his Final Smash be something he can't do very well. Also it's a Super Star reference and we need less Sakurai games and more Kumazaki games

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At that point, I'd just make everyone Kirby period for the lols.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure I'm on board with Bandana Dee's Final Smash being Megaton Punch. It's mainly because Bandana Dee is always the weakest enemy in the minigame, so it wouldn't make much sense having his Final Smash be something he can't do very well. Also it's a Super Star reference and we need less Sakurai games and more Kumazaki games
I still think he should just ride a Waddle Dee boulder.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I still think he should just ride a Waddle Dee boulder.
That's one I haven't heard before, but I feel like a Final Smash should be something that the character is in control of. The Waddle Dee boulder is just a hazard that happens when Bandana Dee is there. However, that would actually make a good hazard for an Another Dimension stage! Or maybe he could use a version of it where he orders a whole bunch of Waddle Dees form into multiple Friend Wheels that eventually join up into a sphere!

Last edited:
Top Bottom