• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I still think Dark Samus and Chrom were chosen because of the Smash Ballot because they were deconfirmed in the last game just like Ridley. They probably did good, but nowhere near as good as Bayonetta, Ridley, K. Rool, and Castlevania so they received Echo status.
I don't remember either of the two placing on any ballots that I've seen, but I've only seen Bayo on 1 ballot, so putting Bayo in there might be a stretch.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's a weird question. While I was browsing the Isaac support thread, I noticed that they brought up having Isaac appear in a Death Battle (the ones done by what used to be Screwattack), and it got me thinking, if Bandanna Waddle Dee was added to a Death Battle, would that help show he's more than a Goomba with a Hat? Although the only character I can think of that would fit thematically is Captain Toad, and I don't know if that would be a stomp or not...

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Here's a weird question. While I was browsing the Isaac support thread, I noticed that they brought up having Isaac appear in a Death Battle (the ones done by what used to be Screwattack), and it got me thinking, if Bandanna Waddle Dee was added to a Death Battle, would that help show he's more than a Goomba with a Hat? Although the only character I can think of that would fit thematically is Captain Toad, and I don't know if that would be a stomp or not...
Sorry, what do you mean by Death Battle?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't remember either of the two placing on any ballots that I've seen, but I've only seen Bayo on 1 ballot, so putting Bayo in there might be a stretch.
A lot of the online polls tend to exist in their own bubbles - on some sites, a character like Wonder Red or Shovel Knight might be so popular that you question why they didn't get into Smash Ultimate, but on other sites, those characters don't even make it to the top fifty.

Given that Metroid was seen as under-represented in Smash 4 (and Brawl, and Melee...), I could see people voting for Dark Samus if they were under the assumption that Ridley would never make it in, while I believe it was explicitly stated that Chrom did well with the Japanese audience, and we don't have a ton of data to go on there.

Also, they're almost exact clones of already-existing characters, and Chrom already had a model in the game, so they'd be easy to make.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I think Kirby deserves way more representation in Smash than he has now as one of Nintendo's most recognizable franchises. I think stages wise he's fine, but 3 characters just seems off to me. It's pretty underwhelming.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Kirby deserves way more representation in Smash than he has now as one of Nintendo's most recognizable franchises. I think stages wise he's fine, but 3 characters just seems off to me. It's pretty underwhelming.
It could've been worse, look at Animal Crossing.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
For a slice-of-life franchise with violence that never exceeds hitting people with toy hammers, bee stings, and cartoony tarantulas chasing you, Animal Crossing has gotten a decent amount of love in Smash.

I think that's what separates Kirby from AC. One is literally an action/adventure series, whereas the other required a lot of creative thinking just to get a single character on the roster. That being said, if Sakurai was willing to devote enough time to it, then yes, both Kirby and AC could use more characters.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's a web series where two characters (sometimes more) are put into a no-holds-barred fight to the death. However, the people who make Death Battle actually do extensive research (most of the time) to help properly determine who the winner of said battle would actually be. Some of their more famous episodes include "Goku VS Superman", "Deadpool VS Deathstroke", and "Mario VS Sonic", to name a few.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Online polls especially Source Gaming's giant data poll are not the true results of the Smash Ballot worldwide. Sakurai said Castlevania scored high in the Smash Ballot and it's or Simon's presence for it's demand wasn't felt anywhere online at all. So Bayonetta actually might have won the Smash Ballot back in the day and Ridley, K. Rool, and a Castlevania rep were just the runner-ups they decided to throw in the next Smash.

Death Battle would help a lot of blind people to see Bandana Dee isn't just a Goomba with a hat or a average Waddle Dee with a spear and a bandana.

Death Battle is this series on Screwattack and Youtube where video game and anime characters fight each other. Before and after the match ends, these narrators go into detail about their abilities and what was the main reason the winner won and the reason they had the advantage over the loser.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They did remember that, while Hercule and Dan Hibiki are among the absolute weakest characters in their respective series, they're still strong by normal human standards.

So, I think it would turn out okay. Who would BWD's opponent be, though?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
They did remember that, while Hercule and Dan Hibiki are among the absolute weakest characters in their respective series, they're still strong by normal human standards.

So, I think it would turn out okay. Who would BWD's opponent be, though?
BWD's opponent? Someone who also uses a spear. Krystal, Mipha, etc., or an anime character or whatever who uses a spear. Or Captain Toad.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
BWD vs Captain Toad would make the most sense...but whatever the outcome of the battle is will make more casual fans believe that said winner is a better character than the other, essentially making the "Upgraded Mook" character wants lean in the winner's favor. Besides, most people don't like Death Battle as much as before because they insist that Superman would be able to beat Goku in any and every circumstance--People go crazy over stuff like this. To be fair, it is somewhat bias in the end, so it should be expected. Their sciences with each character is mostly guesstimates that end up going to trash when after the battle they say "Oh, character just happened to be better lmao". In a way, it's like two kids arguing over what character could win in a fight, then deciding on who wins based on which they like more.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
BWD vs Captain Toad would make the most sense...but whatever the outcome of the battle is will make more casual fans believe that said winner is a better character than the other, essentially making the "Upgraded Mook" character wants lean in the winner's favor. Besides, most people don't like Death Battle as much as before because they insist that Superman would be able to beat Goku in any and every circumstance--People go crazy over stuff like this. To be fair, it is somewhat bias in the end, so it should be expected. Their sciences with each character is mostly guesstimates that end up going to trash when after the battle they say "Oh, character just happened to be better lmao". In a way, it's like two kids arguing over what character could win in a fight, then deciding on who wins based on which they like more.
The idea of Death Battle was less to pit Bandana Dee against someone to win but more to show that he's not a Hat Goomba.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Personally I think BWD cleans house but let's not turn this into a who would win circlejerk on Reddit shal we.
Awww, but I just got done making the popcorn...

In all seriousness, though, that is something I'm a little concerned about having Bandanna Dee fight Captain Toad. While I don't know much about the Captain, I'm a little concerned it might be a bit one-sided in Dee's favor. However, I can't think of anyone else who would make sense for him to fight.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Awww, but I just got done making the popcorn...

In all seriousness, though, that is something I'm a little concerned about having Bandanna Dee fight Captain Toad. While I don't know much about the Captain, I'm a little concerned it might be a bit one-sided in Dee's favor. However, I can't think of anyone else who would make sense for him to fight.
Like I said, probably some anime character that no one on this thread knows about.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
hey hey hey lets not be turing badanna and cap fans against each other
Actually you might be the perfect person to ask, I know this wouldn't have any basis on him getting into Smash but does Capt. Toad do much canon fighting? I feel like a fight between the two would be a little one sided since BWD comes from an action adventure game and fights alongside arguably the most OP Nintendo character Kirby, and Capt. Toad comes from a unique platforming/puzzle game where he mostly throws things at badguys.

Again, obviously this wouldn't have any basis on him getting into Smash, just if they were to do this deathfight thingy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Actually you might be the perfect person to ask, I know this wouldn't have any basis on him getting into Smash but does Capt. Toad do much canon fighting? I feel like a fight between the two would be a little one sided since BWD comes from an action adventure game and fights alongside arguably the most OP Nintendo character Kirby, and Capt. Toad comes from a unique platforming/puzzle game where he mostly throws things at badguys.

Again, obviously this wouldn't have any basis on him getting into Smash, just if they were to do this deathfight thingy.
he does a fair bit of fighting through the super picaxe and turnip throwing/cannon and theres no reason why he couldnt call upon the star shroom for combat

i suppose its not quite as much as bandana but if anything thats due to the different style of games

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
he does a fair bit of fighting through the super picaxe and turnip throwing/cannon and theres no reason why he couldnt call upon the star shroom for combat

i suppose its not quite as much as bandana but if anything thats due to the different style of games
Yeah like I said I think the games being so different puts Toad at a bit of a disadvantage. Like wondering who would win between Master Chief and Leon Kennedy since one is a fast-paced fps and the other is a survival horror.

But thanks for answering!

Honestly I think for BWD our best bet might be a Pokemon or maybe someone from Donkey Kong?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah like I said I think the games being so different puts Toad at a bit of a disadvantage. Like wondering who would win between Master Chief and Leon Kennedy since one is a fast-paced fps and the other is a survival horror.

But thanks for answering!

Honestly I think for BWD our best bet might be a Pokemon or maybe someone from Donkey Kong?
Donkey Kong, eh?

Who better than the one Kong with no style, no grace and has a funny face?

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Donkey Kong, eh?

Who better than the one Kong with no style, no grace and has a funny face?
Which one, eh? Sounds like all of 'em.

(Please be Chunky)

Also guys yet another DLC poll was opened in the general discussion so place your votes for Bandana Dee there.

Last edited:

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Which one, eh? Sounds like all of 'em.

(Please be Chunky)

Also guys yet another DLC poll was opened in the general discussion so place your votes for Bandana Dee there.
If its fine with you can you give me a link to the poll? I'm terrible at thread searching...

Edit: Never mind I found it.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
hey hey hey lets not be turing badanna and cap fans against each other
I hope that's not what happens because that was not my intention at all. It's more of that the "casual" fans of smash would think the winner of that death battle is the only choice out of the two.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
If Hal made a Kirby spin-off that was a clone of SSB with dream friends what would be the stages, items, and characters?
Stages - Factory, Another Dimension, Haltman office, Dream Stock, Nova, Neo star, The world of Drawica, fountain of dreams, and gamble galaxy.
Fighters - animal buddies, Daroach, Magalor, Taranza, Ado & Ribbon, Dark MK, Hynnes, MK, Bandana Dee, Susie, Grill, Mage Sisters, and Gooey
Assist Trophies - Marx, Minnie Bosses, Nightmare, Dark matter swordsman, Zero/Zero 2, Knuckle Joe, Meta Knights, The Skullies(Mass attack).

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
If Hal made a Kirby spin-off that was a clone of SSB with dream friends what would be the stages, items, and characters?
Stages - Factory, Another Dimension, Haltman office, Dream Stock, Nova, Neo star, The world of Drawica, fountain of dreams, and gamble galaxy.
Fighters - animal buddies, Daroach, Magalor, Taranza, Ado & Ribbon, Dark MK, Hynnes, MK, Bandana Dee, Susie, Grill, Mage Sisters, and Gooey
Assist Trophies - Marx, Minnie Bosses, Nightmare, Dark matter swordsman, Zero/Zero 2, Knuckle Joe, Meta Knights, The Skullies(Mass attack).
Sounds pretty solid.

Top Bottom