• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
So after Bandana Dee, who would be the next Kirby rep you guys would like to see get in? For me it would be Marx.
A villain-esque character like Marx or Magolor would be pretty cool.
Otherwise, characters like Gooey, Adeleine, or Daroach would be fun.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So after Bandana Dee, who would be the next Kirby rep you guys would like to see get in? For me it would be Marx.
Adeleine (with Ribbon as a Luma-type assist character) or Gooey next. I wouldn't mind Magolor, but either of the former two (three) are higher on my want list for the Kirby characters after Bandana Waddle Dee.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
It would either be Magolor or Taranza for me. Easy to make movesets, fun designs, and more modern representation. Sounds pretty good to me!

best planter.png
one of those days.png

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Marx! He's my second most wanted, maybe only because I know BDee deserves it first. I'd still absolutely love him, and his boss appearance made me happier than any of the new characters.

For reference, if I was making a Smash game, I would add both.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Magolor, Marx, Susie, Adeleine, Gooey, and Taranza in that order. There are other characters I'd like to add, but I'll end up with a long list at that point.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Dark Matter no question. I'd say it's probably the most influential and deserving villain in the series. Not only did an entire trilogy center around him and Zero, but so many other Kirby Big Bads have taken some cues from it and/or Zero in some form or fashion, like Dark Mind seems to be the Mirror World counterpart to Zero and Dark Nebula is straight up related to Dark Matter. In that sense, I think that Dark Matter would be the best representative for Kirby Villains.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
As of right now, Magolor or Susie. I'd be cool with Marx if it wasn't for Sakurai's bias and (what seems to be) hatred for Modern Kirby.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
As of right now, Magolor or Susie. I'd be cool with Marx if it wasn't for Sakurai's bias and (what seems to be) hatred for Modern Kirby.
Even if Sakurai hates modern Kirby that shouldn't hurt pre-modern characters, right?

Edit: I'm not accusing you of anything, I just can't follow your logic.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I get it that Dark MK could echo MK but at the same time he could have a unique moveset on his own.

Just.....saying.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Even if Sakurai hates modern Kirby that shouldn't hurt pre-modern characters, right?

Edit: I'm not accusing you of anything, I just can't follow your logic.
I'm saying that Sakurai is biased towards his own games and that Modern Kirby has received the brunt of the non-representation. At least Kirby 64 and Squeak Squad got their own remixes, so they're slightly more likely than Modern Kirby representation, but are still highly unlikely since Sakurai only gave them the light of day once.

I get it that Dark MK could echo MK but at the same time he could have a unique moveset on his own.

Just.....saying.
Couldn't the same have been said about Dark Samus?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm saying that Sakurai is biased towards his own games and that Modern Kirby has received the brunt of the non-representation. At least Kirby 64 and Squeak Squad got their own remixes, so they're slightly more likely than Modern Kirby representation, but are still highly unlikely since Sakurai only gave them the light of day once.

Couldn't the same have been said about Dark Samus?
Yeah true. But Dark MK still has a chance.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Dark MK should stay a costume in my opinion. Echoes' main purpose, in this game it seems, is to showcase different personalities through new animations, voice lines, etc. Dark MK's costume is pretty close to his appearance and his attitude is similar too, so I don't see the need. I think Galacta Knight would work better as he has a lance and shield that might require new animations, but still it doesn't seem necessary.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Dark MK should stay a costume in my opinion. Echoes' main purpose, in this game it seems, is to showcase different personalities through new animations, voice lines, etc. Dark MK's costume is pretty close to his appearance and his attitude is similar too, so I don't see the need. I think Galacta Knight would work better as he has a lance and shield that might require new animations, but still it doesn't seem necessary.
I honestly believe Dark MK should be a semi-echo like Isabelle since Star allies gave him a ton of moves that define him from the original MK. But hey, that's just my two cents (also gooey should be an echo of Kirby, just saying).

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I honestly believe Dark MK should be a semi-echo like Isabelle since Star allies gave him a ton of moves that define from the original MK. But hey, that's just my two cents (also gooey should be an echo of Kirby, just saying).
He'd make a pretty cool semi echo. Thinking about it, his down b could have him go into his mirror instead of his cape if they still wanted to go the echo route. I'd love Gooey too, but Kirby has so many feet attacks I doubt it'll ever happen. I really want them to revamp Kirby's normals in the next game so they're all copy abilities, so maybe he'll have a chance then.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I really want them to revamp Kirby's normals in the next game so they're all copy abilities
I think Kirby should have more Copy Abilities too, but I wouldn't change ALL his normals, as having him use Fighter moves makes sense to me. I actually might wanna change some of his specials, to make him more viable (and to try something new).

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
I'd love Gooey too, but Kirby has so many feet attacks I doubt it'll ever happen. I really want them to revamp Kirby's normals in the next game so they're all copy abilities, so maybe he'll have a chance then.
Now that I think about it, they could totally give Gooey his own entirely new moveset based off his Star Allies attacks and different copy abilities from Dreamland 3. He could also be a semi-echo in that regard as well!

Last edited:

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Well popularity is one of the priorities to me putting characters in Smash so it'd be Marx, Magolor, Adeline & Ribbon, Galactica Knight, Prince Fluff, Dark Meta Knight and Dark Matter

BUUTT in my opinions it'd be Adeline and Ribbon, Magolor, Marx, Dark Meta Knight, Dark Matter, Galactica Knight and Prince Fluff

Also characters mentioned is in my wishlist

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Well popularity is one of the priorities to me putting characters in Smash so it'd be Marx, Magolor, Adeline & Ribbon, Galactica Knight, Prince Fluff, Dark Meta Knight and Dark Matter

BUUTT in my opinions it'd be Adeline and Ribbon, Magolor, Marx, Dark Meta Knight, Dark Matter, Galactica Knight and Prince Fluff

Also characters mentioned is in my wishlist
Personally I'll take any modern Kirby fighter first and then anyone else will do. But Adeline first is still excellent, especially considering her popularity and moveset potential.

Damn it, we all just want one Kirby newcomer, why is that so hard!?

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Wait a sec, we were discussing Kirby Warriors characters and no one ever suggested this as a joke character?
1547397378550.jpeg

(Yeah, I'm probably the only one who Captain Vul came to mind, he'd probably cower in his attacks and let the Meta Knights do the fighting).

On the topic of Smash Kirby, all I really need is Bandana Dee and I'm good. I'd choose Magolor for a fifth though.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So hold on guys: Let's make a hypothetical situation in which you're allowed to add as many fighters to the game as possible. How many Kirby fighters would you add?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So hold on guys: Let's make a hypothetical situation in which you're allowed to add as many fighters to the game as possible. How many Kirby fighters would you add?
The three we got plus Dee, Magolor, Marx, and maybe Adeleine if demand is high enough.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
All of the dream friends + chilly for that one guy who wanted him

Edit: Hyness, Prince Fluff, Elline, Haltman, Nightmare, Dark matter, sectonia, Galacta Knight, and Morpho Knight too. The 6 animal buddy's would all be one character.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Okay... then let's say you can't add anymore Zelda characters for some reason. Then what?
id see how much space id have left once im done adding toads

ideally thered be enough space left over for bandana, gooey, chilly and taranza

Last edited:

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'll take any modern Kirby fighter first and then anyone else will do. But Adeline first is still excellent, especially considering her popularity and moveset potential.

I don't know but if we get Adeline and Ribbon BEFORE Bandana Waddle Dee i'm gonna be mad

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Maybe it would help if there weren't a gorillion other characters from other series people ask about, otherwise the elephant in the room would be noticed more. Then there's the people that are perfectly fine with just the three main guys, they are sad, strange little people and I pity them.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Maybe it would help if there weren't a gorillion other characters from other series people ask about, otherwise the elephant in the room would be noticed more. Then there's the people that are perfectly fine with just the three main guys, they are sad, strange little people and I pity them.
Yeah. Anyone who argues Kirby is fine with only three fighters......needs help.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wait a sec, we were discussing Kirby Warriors characters and no one ever suggested this as a joke character?
View attachment 186652
(Yeah, I'm probably the only one who Captain Vul came to mind, he'd probably cower in his attacks and let the Meta Knights do the fighting).

On the topic of Smash Kirby, all I really need is Bandana Dee and I'm good. I'd choose Magolor for a fifth though.
Lol! I totally forgot about him.

Yeah. Anyone who argues Kirby is fine with only three fighters......needs help.
To me, 3 reps doesn't sound right for DK, Kirby, and Star Fox. All 3 of those series should have at least 4 or 5 reps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom