• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Okay one last one then I'll drop it, I think the thing with Fire Emblem and even Animal Crossing to an extent is that they are selling better and better as they go making them rising stars and much more valuable from a business standpoint, the whole "strike while the iron is hot" deal.
Logical. I'll take that.

But damn I'm super hyped for Kirby warriors. Who's everyone's Kirby Warriors mains (Other than Dee)? I'm thinking Daroach looks OP.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Logical. I'll take that.

But damn I'm super hyped for Kirby warriors. Who's everyone's Kirby Warriors mains (Other than Dee)? I'm thinking Daroach looks OP.
I would be super curious how Kirby would work honestly, maybe using the star rod? Would he be able to use other people's weapons?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I would be super curious how Kirby would work honestly, maybe using the star rod? Would he be able to use other people's weapons?
He'd probably take inspiration from the Smash copy ability that appears in a few games. I guess attacking using a warp star and a star rod would make sense. He could also use his yarn whip from epic yarn, have super copy abilitites, hypernova, robobot suit, etc. as something like finisher moves, and have generic abilities like the friend heart and inhale.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So fellas I have Bandana Dee's unlock jingle from Star Allies stuck in my head.

it just keeps repeating itself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Is that bad?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Here's how I thought Kirby would work in a warriors game dedicated to him.

Half the movesets in the game would be actual characters, while the other half would be copy abilities, copy abilities that Kirby could use, but use with a helper.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Here's how I thought Kirby would work in a warriors game dedicated to him.

Half the movesets in the game would be actual characters, while the other half would be copy abilities, copy abilities that Kirby could use, but use with a helper.
So something like Star Allies?

If half of the movesets are original, does that mean we're looking at a lot of individual characters, or a slightly trimmed amount of copy abilities? I can think of maybe 20-25 characters to work as originals in a Kirby Warriors style game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So something like Star Allies?

If half of the movesets are original, does that mean we're looking at a lot of individual characters, or a slightly trimmed amount of copy abilities? I can think of maybe 20-25 characters to work as originals in a Kirby Warriors style game.
Highballing it I'd say 20 of each, low balling being 10. So maybe 15 regular characters and 15 copy abilities for Kirby (each of which can be their own character as well)

So maybe

Copy abilities

Sword
Beam
Ice
Fire
Hammer
(above 5 transform into ultra forms when using "magic metere" equivalent)

Plasma
Whip
Ninja
Yo-Yo
Cutter

Fighter
Parasol
Water
Bomb
Clean

Then you get your characters, this wouldn't actually be all Dream Friends though, but most

King Dedede
Bandana Dee
Meta Knight
Marx
Daroach

Susie
Magolor
Taranza
Dark Matter Swordsman
Hyness

Prince Fluff
Adeleine & Ribbon
Animal Buddies (all 6)
Galacta Knight
Masked Dedede (yep, own character, here for story purposes)

Might post again for dlc

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys. Nintendo just announced on Twitter that Extra Epic Yarn is coming out on March 8th.

So you might wanna mark that date down if you’re planning to pick it up.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Okay, so basically, what if we end up with Morpho Knight as dlc if BWD is no longer being considered? He's not a spirit as of now, and there's no real reason to make him an echo fighter, considering that Meta Knight doesn't use some of his boss fight stuff in his smash moveset. morpho could easily use them like he does in his boss fight, such as the blade beams and his own stuff, like the weird ghost face as a slow but strong projectile. He also already has a final smash, being that rush attack (though meta knight kind of has that now) or his giant dual blades to slash up the competition...

Say, what if the reason why we haven't had a new Kirby rep in smash since Brawl is because they want whatever character they put to have a proper voice actor? Sure, it sounds dumb, but Meta Knight got an entire new voice for the sake of smash only for a different voice actor to take his place in Return to Dreamland onward games. It's a faulty theory though, as Kirby just uses his normal voice actress and Sakurai was D3's voice actor way back in 64. Even if it sounds strange, it could be something as simple as that, really. I hope not.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
What's your definition of "important?" For me, the only reps that are "important" are the ones the fans care about or the ones that represent an important time/era in Nintendo's history (subjectively, gaming "icons), or simply the characters that are recognized most by the people Nintendo is trying to target. I could argue that some of the Mario and Pokemon fighters we have are or aren't "important" based on how they apply to my logic. If you feel like some of the Mario and Pokemon fighters are "important," why?

Personally I dislike the idea of Mario and Pokemon having quotas for fighters because it takes away some of the excitement (usually most of the excitement) knowing they were picked as obligatory reps and not primarily for any other reason. And it also sucks to know that in the selection of newcomers one or more of however many newcomer spots there are is going to be taken up to fill a quota for Mario and Pokemon.

But yeah at the end of the day, building off of what R RetrogamerMax and fogbadge fogbadge said, the stupid amount of obligatory Fire Emblem fighters shoehorned in creates a disgusting level of overrepresentation, and there's no way that series deserves a close amount of fighters to Mario and Pokemon, and it's outrageous that Fire Emblem has more fighters than both Zelda and Kirby.

The unnecessary situation with Fire Emblem (and some of the dumb [IMO] Mario and Pokemon fighters we have) is the result of having spots reserved for fighters. Obligatory reps are just a bad idea IMO, period.
That really bugs me, because yoo
Okay, so basically, what if we end up with Morpho Knight as dlc if BWD is no longer being considered? He's not a spirit as of now, and there's no real reason to make him an echo fighter, considering that Meta Knight doesn't use some of his boss fight stuff in his smash moveset. morpho could easily use them like he does in his boss fight, such as the blade beams and his own stuff, like the weird ghost face as a slow but strong projectile. He also already has a final smash, being that rush attack (though meta knight kind of has that now) or his giant dual blades to slash up the competition...

Say, what if the reason why we haven't had a new Kirby rep in smash since Brawl is because they want whatever character they put to have a proper voice actor? Sure, it sounds dumb, but Meta Knight got an entire new voice for the sake of smash only for a different voice actor to take his place in Return to Dreamland onward games. It's a faulty theory though, as Kirby just uses his normal voice actress and Sakurai was D3's voice actor way back in 64. Even if it sounds strange, it could be something as simple as that, really. I hope not.
I'm pretty sure someone like Morpho Knight doesn't even a mere ghost of a chance joining Smash anytime soon.
Also, Smash isn't a stranger to silent characters. Bandana Dee does have a proper voice, although he's mostly a silent protagonist. Even then, characters like Isabelle who normally have a voice, are silent in Smash.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
That really bugs me, because yoo

I'm pretty sure someone like Morpho Knight doesn't even a mere ghost of a chance joining Smash anytime soon.
Also, Smash isn't a stranger to silent characters. Bandana Dee does have a proper voice, although he's mostly a silent protagonist. Even then, characters like Isabelle who normally have a voice, are silent in Smash.
That is sorta strange, considering mario kart made custom voice clips out of her talking sounds...it'll bother me for centuries.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Highballing it I'd say 20 of each, low balling being 10. So maybe 15 regular characters and 15 copy abilities for Kirby (each of which can be their own character as well)

So maybe

Copy abilities

Sword
Beam
Ice
Fire
Hammer
(above 5 transform into ultra forms when using "magic metere" equivalent)

Plasma
Whip
Ninja
Yo-Yo
Cutter

Fighter
Parasol
Water
Bomb
Clean

Then you get your characters, this wouldn't actually be all Dream Friends though, but most

King Dedede
Bandana Dee
Meta Knight
Marx
Daroach

Susie
Magolor
Taranza
Dark Matter Swordsman
Hyness

Prince Fluff
Adeleine & Ribbon
Animal Buddies (all 6)
Galacta Knight
Masked Dedede (yep, own character, here for story purposes)

Might post again for dlc
I'm curious, what did you mean by "all 6" animal buddies?

I feel like for dream friends you could also include (these are just ideas):
Escargoon
Sectonia
Morpho Knight
The Mage Sisters (Each as their own character)
Gooey
Dark Meta Knight
Dark Mind (whoops almost typed "Dank Mind")
Another form of Dark Matter (any form)
Perhaps possessed versions of DDD/MK
Shadow Kirby
Chef Kawasaki

Also some copy ability ideas:
Stone
Crash
Mike
Tornado
Smash
Needle
Leaf
Ninja
Spider
Festival
Whatever new copy abilities are created by then

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Escargoon
Sectonia
Morpho Knight
Gooey
Dark Meta Knight
Shadow Kirby
Chef Kawasaki

Stone
Crash
Mike
Tornado
Smash
Needle
Leaf
Ninja
Spider
Festival
well there are 6 animal friends arent there? rick, kine, koo, chuchu, pitch and nago

shocktarts17

Smash Ace

Escargoon
Sectonia
Morpho Knight
Gooey
Dark Meta Knight
Shadow Kirby
Chef Kawasaki

Stone
Crash
Mike
Tornado
Smash
Needle
Leaf
Ninja
Spider
Festival
yeah but you gotta remember that Hyrule Warriors started with like 12 characters at base with about 7 extra movesets where characters got multiple weapons and Fire Emblem Warriors started with 23 but several of them shared a weapon meaning you only had about 16 "unique" movesets.

So looking at that even if Kirby went up you're probably looking at less than 20 unique movesets for a Kirby Warriors. If we make it exactly 20 using NintenRob NintenRob 's idea for copy ability movesets I think it would end up like this.

Copy Abilities
-Sword
-Fire
-Beam
-Parasol
-Ninja
-Cutter
-Bomb
-Fighter
-Ice
-Yo-yo

Dream Friends
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Adeleine (& Ribbon possibly)
-Marx
-Magolor
-Daroach
-Gooey
-New character for Kirby Warriors 1
-New Character for Kirby Warriors 2

One off abilities
-Cook
-Mic
-Whip
-Tornado
-Stone

Kirby of course could use any of the copy ability movesets but they would also be a character in their own right, this would mean that the abilities would have to be ones were Kirby and the ability user share similar proportions so the moveset would work for both without looking weird (i.e. Cook would be great but Chef Kawasaki is much taller than Kirby so it would probably look weird for one of them.) The Dream Friends would be unique and Kirby couldn't copy their powers. I also picture there being several "powers" that would be one offs that Kirby could use and then revert back to his last one (if a non-Kirby player needs to use them the ability user could appear and use it then leave or something), these would be used for quick burst damage or puzzle solving. I think the main hurdle would be figuring out if Kirby always has to have a power or if he has a moveset he can do without an ability copied.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
well there are 6 animal friends arent there? rick, kine, koo, chuchu, pitch and nago
Ah whoops. Didn't know.

OK, here's my starting 20:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Waddle Dee
Marx
Gooey
All 6 Animal Buddies
Adeline and Ribbon
Daroach
Magolor
Taranza
Susie
Sectonia
Prince FLuff
Galacta Knight
Dark Meta Knight
The 3 Mage Sisters
Masked Dedede
Chef Kawasaki
Knuckle Joe

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Logical. I'll take that.

Susie would be my main if Kirby Warriors existed and besides Bandana Dee why ?, Extermination by blaster

Ah whoops. Didn't know.

OK, here's my starting 20:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Waddle Dee
Marx
Gooey
All 6 Animal Buddies
Adeline and Ribbon
Daroach
Magolor
Taranza
Susie
Sectonia
Prince FLuff
Galacta Knight
Dark Meta Knight
The 3 Mage Sisters
Masked Dedede
Chef Kawasaki
Knuckle Joe
Sailor Waddle Dee, Dark Meta Knight, Dark Matter, Some Generic Enemies, Gryll, Meta-Knights

Last edited:

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
Sup I'm new to this page and like to support Bandee, But I feel that a fire emblem heroes thing would work better because they have many forms of the same characters like meta knight ,Mech knight, poppy bros jr can have a boomerang in some games, the mage sisters would mainly use their primary or secondary, in Kirby Fights z DDD had a magic hammer and then there is Mask DDD and you can have a susie can ether in her robot suit or or using her gun.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Sup I'm new to this page and like to support Bandee, But I feel that a fire emblem heroes thing would work better because they have many forms of the same characters like meta knight ,Mech knight, poppy bros jr can have a boomerang in some games, the mage sisters would mainly use their primary or secondary, in Kirby Fights z DDD had a magic hammer and then there is Mask DDD and you can have a susie can ether in her robot suit or or using her gun.
Oh man a Kirby gatcha game, I can't wait for Summer Dedede.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
Oh man a Kirby gatcha game, I can't wait for Summer Dedede.
But I would see it as a season or cross over to heroes instead of its own thing. But if Kirby did come to mobile I would like them port over Kirby Mass Attack or Canvas Curse with a little more content with a Demo and a full game like Super Mario Run.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Did you, by any chance, happen to mean "Kirby FighterZ?" Because.....I would donate all of my money if that happened.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
I wish that HAL would give Bandee something unique like a shield that can do many thing to make him different from the spear ability.

So after Bandana Dee, who would be the next Kirby rep you guys would like to see get in? For me it would be Marx.
Magolor, Darouch, Ado & Ribbbon, Taranza or Gooey as Echo.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So after Bandana Dee, who would be the next Kirby rep you guys would like to see get in? For me it would be Marx.
I think Marx makes a lot of sense but I'd still love to see Adeline next.

Magolor, Darouch, Ado & Ribbbon, Taranza or Gooey as Echo.
Hey man in the future avoid making two posts in a row because the mods will get you for that. You can edit your post instead and add the second post to the bottom of the first one.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
What you think about Porky and Sylux's chances as DLC since they don't have spirits?
Personally I think Porky has next to no chance, I think the capsule thing was supposed to represent him and they have no interest in bringing more Mother characters in.

Sylux actually has a decent chance with MP4 on the near horizon and his supposed importance in that game. Not to mention other hunters got in who were less important while he is missing, makes him feel very noticeably absent.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
gooey or chilly
Chilly's an odd choice, but honestly I would be excited no matter which Kirby character made it. I love Chilly anyways, and Ice has always been one of my favorite abilities. Being able to attack in the air without losing momentum is nice

StormC

Smash Hero
Either Marx or Dark Matter. Used to be more of a Dark Matter guy but I've definitely warmed up to Marx. I'd also be okay with Adeleine though.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chilly's an odd choice, but honestly I would be excited no matter which Kirby character made it. I love Chilly anyways, and Ice has always been one of my favorite abilities. Being able to attack in the air without losing momentum is nice
well you know if piranha plant can why not chilly

Top Bottom