• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What's the over/under on the first DLC character being revealed at the Game Awards? I think it's pretty likely because wasn't MewTwo announced at the Game Awards?

Honestly, Bandana Dee doesn't seem like a "Game Awards" reveal character so I'm sure they would go with someone third party.
No, Mewtwo was announced during the 50 Fact Direct. The Game Awards having announcements for Nintendo is a fairly new thing.

My guess is no as I don't think the first DLC will be shown until we get a date for PP. Probably find out in January when they announce his release date.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
No, Mewtwo was announced during the 50 Fact Direct. The Game Awards having announcements for Nintendo is a fairly new thing.

My guess is no as I don't think the first DLC will be shown until we get a date for PP. Probably find out in January when they announce his release date.
I have my doubts that anything Smash related will be announced at TGA.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
playing through heroes in another dimension has made me want even more kirby characters for smash, bandana is still my top choice but theres a lot more id be happy with

if fire emblem can have seven characters then the only reason we cant have as many characters from a more successful series is cause sakurai doesnt want any from outside his trio

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
playing through heroes in another dimension has made me want even more kirby characters for smash, bandana is still my top choice but theres a lot more id be happy with
Tell me about it. I've been loving Magolor so far, and as soon as Bandana Waddle Dee gets in, he's

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, we can never be entirely sure what is keeping Kirby from getting more characters, exactly, so until Sakurai says anything on the matter theorizing about it is pointless. At least the Metroid fans don't have that problem anymore.

In the meantime, more Magolor appearances would be good. The guy's part in Star Allies' story got scrapped, so I expect that they'll make up for that in the future.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Well, we can never be entirely sure what is keeping Kirby from getting more characters, exactly, so until Sakurai says anything on the matter theorizing about it is pointless. At least the Metroid fans don't have that problem anymore.

In the meantime, more Magolor appearances would be good. The guy's part in Star Allies' story got scrapped, so I expect that they'll make up for that in the future.
I'm guessing since Kirby already sells like hot cakes in both Japan and the US they don't see adding newcomers to the series as promotional fighters as a priority. We got Isabelle as an AC 2019 promo, probably 2 Metroid fighters instead of one for MP4 hype, Incineroar for Sun and Moon, etc.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm guessing since Kirby already sells like hot cakes in both Japan and the US they don't see adding newcomers to the series as promotional fighters as a priority. We got Isabelle as an AC 2019 promo, probably 2 Metroid fighters instead of one for MP4 hype, Incineroar for Sun and Moon, etc.
no i think issabelle was due to her popularity and ridley was defiantly popularity

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
no i think issabelle was due to her popularity and ridley was defiantly popularity
By Metroid I mean Dark Samus, although I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. Isabelle never made top charts, and Sakurai said the Smash ballot was used to design this game. There's a reason she was announced during a normal direct next to AC 2019.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
By Metroid I mean Dark Samus, although I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. Isabelle never made top charts, and Sakurai said the Smash ballot was used to design this game. There's a reason she was announced during a normal direct next to AC 2019.
Ehh Animal Crossing is still one of Nintendo's best selling games, while Isabelle might not have been that popular (which I suspect she was more popular than you realize) the series is popular enough for her inclusion to makes sense as more than promotional material.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I think the conclusion is Isabelle's popular... but she wasn't a popular pick for a playable character in a fighting game. I do believe she's listed as a pacifist, which makes her inclusion a little awkward.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think the conclusion is Isabelle's popular... but she wasn't a popular pick for a playable character in a fighting game. I do believe she's listed as a pacifist, which makes her inclusion a little awkward.
Oh, trust me, that's not an issue. Everyone has a dark side, after all...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well we dont know hoe he used the ballot though the way i see it he took the top two characters (ridley and k.rool) and then used it to find easy clones (chrom & ds) and wanted a second animal crossing character and took the top from there

well that didnt stop the villager so most would think why would it stop the others

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
well we dont know hoe he used the ballot though the way i see it he took the top two characters (ridley and k.rool) and then used it to find easy clones (chrom & ds) and wanted a second animal crossing character and took the top from there
This is something that I don't think is said enough in the Smash community when people start talking about the fan base being ignored.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
In case you didn't know, the Waddle Dee still appears in Dedede's Victory Pose and it's removed in Team Battles.
Yes, it's just a regular one, not Bandana Dee.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
well that didnt stop the villager so most would think why would it stop the others
True, but... Villager could at least hit other villagers with his net if he wants to in canon. That's... kinda violent?

I know that we have #freethedee, but are there any other slogans we have?
We could make some. Is #WaddleSquaddle a thing?

D

Deleted member

Add me to the supporter list. A spear fighting character would be really fun, and I do think that Kirby could do with a new character. And he's just adorable.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So apparently the Waddle Dee amiibo only unlocks the regular Waddle Dee. This means, according to Super Smash Bros., that Bandana Waddle Dee does not have his own amiibo yet. In other words, there is no reason to believe that the Waddle Dee/BWD spirits harm his chances in any way.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
So apparently the Waddle Dee amiibo only unlocks the regular Waddle Dee. This means, according to Super Smash Bros., that Bandana Waddle Dee does not have his own amiibo yet. In other words, there is no reason to believe that the Waddle Dee/BWD spirits harm his chances in any way.
I don't follow?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I don't follow?
My logic is a bit shaky, but think of it this way: The Waluigi amiibo gives you a Waluigi spirit. Tiki gives you Tiki. Shovel Knight gives you Shovel Knight. But the Waddle Dee amiibo, which acts as BWD in Kirby games, only gives you the regular Waddle Dee in Spirits. In other words, if there was ever a true BWD amiibo, it should give you something different, right? I'm implying the logic that if BWD is a newcomer we'll get an amiibo of him and it won't function the same way as the current Waddle Dee amiibo (I.e., being a FP).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow, I can't even tell you how happy I am to hear this!

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Honest to god, was not expecting Joker. I'm sure he'll be cool, but I hope this doesn't mean we'll only be getting 3rd party cross over characters.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honest to god, was not expecting Joker. I'm sure he'll be cool, but I hope this doesn't mean we'll only be getting 3rd party cross over characters.
Reggie more or less confirmed this is the case during the show.

I think it's safe to say the dream is dead...

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Reggie more or less confirmed this is the case during the show.

I think it's safe to say the dream is dead...
Reggie - "Everyone's in smash. So we've said that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest crossover in gaming history, may I say the biggest crossover in entertaining. And so yes. So this gives the flavor as to how we're approaching DLC. These are going to be characters that are new to the series such as Joker from Persona 5, characters that you would not expect to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate."

Reggie never said they're picking characters from unrepped series or all third party. It sounds like the characters will all be 'new to the series' as in new to Smash Bros and not veterans. It could also mean they might pick characters that are new or recent in their respective games. I think Reggie just worded it poorly.

Also, I never played Persona but I'm happy for the fans that they got their character in! I might play P5 myself, I heard very good things about it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Reggie - "Everyone's in smash. So we've said that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest crossover in gaming history, may I say the biggest crossover in entertaining. And so yes. So this gives the flavor as to how we're approaching DLC. These are going to be characters that are new to the series such as Joker from Persona 5, characters that you would not expect to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate."

Reggie never said they're picking characters from unrepped series or all third party. It sounds like the characters will all be 'new to the series' as in new to Smash Bros and not veterans. It could also mean they might pick characters that are new or recent in their respective games. I think Reggie just worded it poorly.

Also, I never played Persona but I'm happy for the fans that they got their character in! I might play P5 myself, I heard very good things about it.
This is true, he never specifically stated they'd all be 3rd parties. But it's hard to not take that statement as anything but.

I don't know. Never say never, of course, but my pessimism shot way up tonight. Not that I even want to be pessimistic.

Top Bottom