• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I dunno, the Japanese version of Marx's pause description confirms he is only playing nice to avoid being annihilated.

I could grant you DMK though, he probably won't try anything fishy again after being torn apart twice.
I really want there to be a Kirby game where Marx turns evil again, monologues, literally annihilates the universe and "to be continued..." and you have to fight him in the next game.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'd like to think there are 2 canon time lines that some what bleed into each other. The Main story and arena/Extra mode. But I ain't too well versed in Kirby lore to write up a good time line.

Also
I think Kirb is void but reincarnated with positive energy seems as though it was kind of implied after the final difficulty ending

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd like to think there are 2 canon time lines that some what bleed into each other. The Main story and arena/Extra mode. But I ain't too well versed in Kirby lore to write up a good time line.

Also
I think Kirb is void but reincarnated with positive energy seems as though it was kind of implied after the final difficulty ending
I think Void became the classic Kirby. Would definitely differentiate the two if Void's Kirby shows up again for story.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Also
One thing for sure is, Kumazaki officially doesn't consider any of Meta Knightmare Returns to be canon.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I have a question for you guys. I don't keep up much with Bandana Waddle Dee, but he's a character that's certainly piqued my interest. What you think his chances are at the moment? What's going for him? What may hinder his chances?

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I have a question for you guys. I don't keep up much with Bandana Waddle Dee, but he's a character that's certainly piqued my interest. What you think his chances are at the moment? What's going for him? What may hinder his chances?
About a 75% right now. His signifigance to the Kirby series, marketability in Japan and worldwide fan demand should be enough to be picked by Nintendo, he'd likely be the only Kirby character with his biggest competition gone. Getting picked by Sakurai might be tricky but I still think the ''deserves a price'' thing and him not even being an AT or Mii costume despite his popularity could mean something. Even if we don't know if the choosing of the DLC and those other things overlap.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so apparently, some datamines for Hyness were found, it seems he was going to be playable, but was cut out. Makes me wonder if at some point they went "wait, no, that's stupid" and decided to not stretch the dev period any longer.
They obviously cut him from Star Allies so he could be playable in Smash instead. Obviously.

/sarcasm.

I think.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey, bandana brigade! Been a while, but I'm always rooting for my bandana boy. It's good to see so many outside the supporters thinking Bdee has a great shot at DLC--pretty much the top Nintendo-owned pick, at this point. Would not be surprised at all to see him in one of the packs.

On another note, been playing the Star Allies update...and wow, that was some bonkers stuff. So much music, and lore, and DIFFICULTY. What got me most was the surprises we got. I was NOT expecting that final reward, and it is just the cutest thing. I had the biggest smile on my face when I saw it.:grin:

And can I just say, can we talk about...
...the totally random Marx boss fight at the end of Heroes in Another Dimension?My jaw literally dropped. That was SO unexpected. Wish the full fight had been in Soul Melter EX...even though it Would've made it even harder, lol.

All in all, this update was a fitting end to Star Allies. I am now hyped for Bdee in Smash. With his new dash attack, of course.

Odd how they gave the other two Smash alumni in Star Allies new moves that fit their Smash appearances, then give Bdee the perfect dash attack he didn't have before...very suspicious.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Trying to put my usual caution and occasional pessimism aside:
Somewhere around 25%. Spirits are still messing things up because we don't know if they're meant to imply anything, but otherwise he's in a pretty good spot.

Please tell me if I missed anything, guys.

- He is a Spirit.
- His Spirit is an enhanced form, which could make it easier to phase out if necessary.
- He doesn't have a Mii outfit or parts.
- He's not an Assist Trophy.
- He's one of only three non-Sakurai Kirby characters featured in the online player icons.
- The others are Dark Matter (Swordsman) and Dark Daroach.
- He's still a popular request -- more so in Japan, but worldwide as well.
- Kirby is a big franchise and is still lacking in terms of representation.
- The last character was added in Brawl. (Meta Knight & Dedede.)
- The newest stage is from a 2008 remake of a 1996 game. (Great Cave Offensive.)
- He would bring something new to the game by being the first small character with a heavily disjointed moveset.
❔ - Marx is a boss. (This does not disconfirm him outright. Giga Bowser and Ganon also exist, and Marx's boss form is an enhanced form of his base Spirit, so he may just be considered a form like them. It could show that he's on Mr. Sakurai's mind, which is a little scary for Dee.) Sorry for the pessimism.
❔ - Nintendo needed to consider him worth adding as DLC. Is he a "big" enough character to them? Is Star Allies too old to promote?​
❔ - Mr. Sakurai had to not veto him. Is he still worried about influencing the current Kirby team? What is his opinion of Dee specifically?​

Those last two override everything else. If they really want to make a character work, then they will, regardless of what is in the game or what fans think.
Edit: Added color coding in case the images break.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wait wait wait, Daroach is actually getting some decent recognition? Alongside Dark Matter and Bandana Dee from non- Sakurai games, the three Kirby characters I most want in Smash? THATS AWESOME.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, something interesting I didn't think about until now; the DLC Dream Friends are all arranged in chronological order of when they debuted into the franchise.

Wave 1 has Rick, Kine & Coo, Gooey (Dream Land 2) and Marx (KSS), Wave 2 has Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby's Dream Land 3 & Kirby 64), Dark Meta Knight (Amazing Mirror) and Daroach (Squeak Squad), and Wave 3 has Magolor (RTDL), Taranza (TDX) and Susie (Planet Robobot). With the Mage Sisters as unlockable, they have debuted the most recently.

I don't know how intentional this is, but it's a really nice touch.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
You guys think they'll ever do a Kirby game in 3d and I don't mean blowout blast or air ride I mean a proper 3d Kirby.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So, the wording of Bandana Dee's new Pause Menu description gives me some hope that HAL is giving a big ol' nudge-nudge wink-wink towards him possibly being DLC.

"Is this Dream Friend making a special appearance?"

Special, as in the Japanese Subtitle of SSB Ultimate

" This fella was selected to represent the Waddle Dees as they accept their perfect attendance award for the Kirby series. When asked, he said "Oh, I couldn't!"

-Possibly a reference to how he didn't make base roster?

But he was practicing his spear moves at the time...”

-Possibly a hint at him showing up next game/as DLC?

Idk, I could be reading WAY too deep into it.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Hello Bandana Waddle Dee supporters !

Just passing by from the Geno thread to wish you good luck for DLC ! He's a very good candidate in my opinion.

To be honest , I badly want more Nintendo characters (that aren't your pretty boys and girls from FE) to be DLC. BWD is a simple character , but simplicity isn't a bad thing , people forgot that. He is a pretty marketable character , he has a good fanbase and the casual Smash players will probably like him. He cover most of the target audience for Smash Ultimate.
I don't know if people mentionned the idea , but a BWD game or side game (a la King Dedede Drums Deluxe) would be an excellent way to tie to a Smash reveal. However , I would see him beeing announced around mid 2019 in a Nintendo Direct , at the end.

D

Deleted member

So, the wording of Bandana Dee's new Pause Menu description gives me some hope that HAL is giving a big ol' nudge-nudge wink-wink towards him possibly being DLC.

"Is this Dream Friend making a special appearance?"

Special, as in the Japanese Subtitle of SSB Ultimate

" This fella was selected to represent the Waddle Dees as they accept their perfect attendance award for the Kirby series. When asked, he said "Oh, I couldn't!"

-Possibly a reference to how he didn't make base roster?

But he was practicing his spear moves at the time...”

-Possibly a hint at him showing up next game/as DLC?

Idk, I could be reading WAY too deep into it.
Actually, that's not a new description. Every character (or at least every Dream Friend) has two Pause Menu descriptions, one being for Guess Star Allies and the other being for everything else.

Though with that said, I DO think that this is a direct reference to Smash, and if that's the case, this does show that at least HAL is aware of his popularity in terms of Smash Brothers request, which is a pretty good sign.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This update had a sort finale feel to it. Almost like the end of the franchise.
yeah but that certainly aint happening
Besides, there's still a bunch of unanswered questions.

Will we see more of the Ancients? How long before Kirby's true nature awakens? What will Marx, DMK and Susie do next? Have we seen the last of that butterfly? And finally, can Kirby take a nap without the world going to hell around him?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Will we see more of the Ancients? How long before Kirby's true nature awakens? What will Marx, DMK and Susie do next? Have we seen the last of that butterfly? And finally, can Kirby take a nap without the world going to hell around him?
Find out next time on-

Oh wait, I already made that joke...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

only the stuff they built, not a thing, not a thing, maybe not, no

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Who else wishes there was a real Bandana Waddle Dee amiibo and not just a normal Waddle Dee?
Me!

only the stuff they built, not a thing, not a thing, maybe not, no
No reason for Marx and DMK to hang around, but I'm sure Susie will come back in some capacity.

One thing for sure is, there will be more plot threads in the future. In the meantime, I might give Epic Yarn a second chance, even if being on the 3DS limits co-op gameplay a bit.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
im curious as to what makes you say that?
Well, let's consider the following: the main reason why she helped Kirby destroy Star Dream was because things had gone completely out of her control (and you can't make money when the universe is destroyed). With her chance of making her dad recognize her worth gone forever, she may certainly want to rebuild his legacy and try again. And on top of everything else she doesn't really belong anywhere, let alone on Pop Star. Heck, she didn't even stop to thank Kirby after the crisis was solved, she bailed out.

Let's also consider that some of the time, former second in commands to main villains in video games go on to become main villains themselves.

MLSS+BM_Art_-_Fawful.png

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Well, let's consider the following: the main reason why she helped Kirby destroy Star Dream was because things had gone completely out of her control (and you can't make money when the universe is destroyed). With her chance of making her dad recognize her worth gone forever, she may certainly want to rebuild his legacy and try again. And on top of everything else she doesn't really belong anywhere, let alone on Pop Star. Heck, she didn't even stop to thank Kirby after the crisis was solved, she bailed out.

Let's also consider that some of the time, former second in commands to main villains in video games go on to become main villains themselves.

Yeah Susie was a real ***** at the end of PR. Didn't even apologize or anything. At least Magolor proved he was sorry.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee chances still look good.

The DLC of Kirby Star Allies all of it look good!

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
Parelell Dedede has a new move where he throws Gordos. Neat they made that attack canon.
Now Sakurai is going to be double as wary of influencing the Kirby series! D:

D

Deleted member

Parelell Dedede has a new move where he throws Gordos. Neat they made that attack canon.
Parallel Meta Knight also has an attack that's identical to Meta Knight's new Final Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I still can't believe my boi Dee can dab now. If there's any reason for him to be in smash, that's it

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wasn't there a image that showed BWD with a new move in Kirby Star Allies? King Dedede has his Jump and Meta Knight has his Tornado, but Dee doesn't get anything new...

EDIT: Nevermind, Ground Thrust is new. Dope!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

or she could just come back for no reason like daroach and magolor did

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
or she could just come back for no reason like daroach and magolor did
Those two clearly reformed though (and Daroach's reason, in his pause description is "hey look those crystal hearts seem neat, let's see if I can swipe em").

Marx meanwhile has no actual reason to show up, he's supposed to be dead.

Nah. This has happened before. Meta Knight now uses his smash design in the newer kirby games.
At this point the only way for Sakurai to not influence anything is if he cut all Kirby content from Smash. Including the guy himself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom