• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Welp, the three mages have been teased as playable. AS A TRIO.

If they are in Wave 3, that really doesn't leave much of anything to justify a Wave 4 beyond Hyness, at this point. Unless Wave 4 is coming sooner than expected...
I hope the 3 mages are individual characters in wave 4, if we ever get a wave 4.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Warned for trolling
I hope Sakurai's smart and goes for Marx instead. Get a kirby character that's ACTUALLY interesting.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Clearly, they're an echo fighter for Rick, Kine & Coo.
We don’t actually know if they’ll work that way or not since they haven’t shown any actual gameplay of them, not even a single screenshot; for all we know, they might work like Pokémon Trainer in Smash where you play as one at a time with full movesets but you can switch between them whenever you want.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I hope Sakurai's smart and goes for Marx instead. Get a kirby character that's ACTUALLY interesting.
Yea, let's go to a thread just to blast on their character.

I bet you would have a hissy fit if we all came on the Geno thread and started calling him irrelevant and saying he will never be added.

Now please leave.

Last edited:

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
We don’t actually know if they’ll work that way or not since they haven’t shown any actual gameplay of them, not even a single screenshot; for all we know, they might work like Pokémon Trainer in Smash where you play as one at a time with full movesets but you can switch between them whenever you want.
That seems like the more logical reason, yeah. Coo works as Rick's airborne form since he's a bird and Kine works as Rick's underwater form since he's a fish. Would be kinda weird to have, say, Zan be the main character and transforming into Flamberge in the air or Francisca in the water.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea, let's go to a thread just to blast on their character.

I bet you would have a hissy fit if we all came on the Geno thread and started calling him irrelevant and saying he will never be added.

Now please leave.
You are free to do what you want. I don't care. It'd boose the post count in the thread.

Besides, we already have waddle dee fans basing Geno in Rate their chances

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Shame about the mages. I was hoping you'd be able to play as all three as their own characters but they'd just be clones, akin to their boss fights.

I wanted to main Zan

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
>Actually interesting
>Ignores that Marx has literally no personality besides being a powerhungry, deceptive villain now turned hero for some reason and that he's basically Magolor in his beta stage.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
>Actually interesting
>Ignores that Marx has literally no personality besides being a powerhungry, deceptive villain now turned hero for some reason and that he's basically Magolor in his beta stage.
Please let’s not get in the bashing other characters game. That guy’s obviously trolling, but I’m sure as a group of Kirby fans there are some of us who enjoy Marx.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
You are free to do what you want. I don't care. It'd boose the post count in the thread.

Besides, we already have waddle dee fans basing Geno in Rate their chances
I'd rather not do something so petty. Also don't use a stupid notion that we have something against you in the Rate their Chances thread just ebcause we don't want the same character. That is honestly so immature, stop getting so annoyed over a character for crying out loud.

Steeev

Smash Rookie
NNID
StevenMac05
3DS FC
2294-9464-9481
I think Bandana Dee is a LOT more interesting than Geno or Marx, considering Dee has developed more of a personality than both Geno and Marx combined

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Marx would be an interesting character and I'd like him, but Bandana Dee is just more important and should come first. Dee's had more appearances than Marx and didn't need Star Allies to get a fanbase. It would be like getting Fawful before Luigi.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Was there a point in saying that here other than to needlessly antagonize Bandana Dee fans or...? You could simply go to the Marx thread and say you want him more than Bandana Dee there, this just seems like you're going out of your way to rile people up lol

D

Deleted member

Man, you don't have to come to a thread like this to crap on a character that a lot of people want. If you don't want a character, keep it to yourself. I really want Geno, and I don't like it when people on YouTube say that he isn't important and will never be added, so don't do the same to people who want another character

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Imagine wanting a Kirby character that's only been in like 3 games

This post was made by Bandana Gang
That's not exactly the best argument to use when that guy created the Geno thread. If Geno being a one game wonder doesn't faze him, why would Marx appearing in three?

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Its sad that sometimes we have to deal with people coming here just because they don't like our character. Why can't they keep to themselves?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Its sad that sometimes we have to deal with people coming here just because they don't like our character. Why can't they keep to themselves?
It's OK, every popular character has a lot of haters, even K. Rool and Ridley that are now playable and everybody loves them.
Too generic is like too big and too irrelevant, a bad argument.
It was bad before, but after Piranha Plant it's just dumb.

Piranha Plant is not only just a generic enemy, but it has a very fun moveset that was created using the the entire Piranha Plant species as a base.
Sakurai is the creator of the Kirby franchise, Waddle Dees and Bandana Dee, if he thinks Spear and Parasol are not enough he can literally give his character the abilities he wants and it would be OK.

I mean, that was already obvious with characters like Captain Falcon, Fox or even Meta Knight, but yeah, now thanks to Piranha Plant it's even more obvious.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's OK, every popular character has a lot of haters, even K. Rool and Ridley that are now playable and everybody loves them.
Too generic is like too big and too irrelevant, a bad argument.
It was bad before, but after Piranha Plant it's just dumb.

Piranha Plant is not only just a generic enemy, but it has a very fun moveset that was created using the the entire Piranha Plant species as a base.
Sakurai is the creator of the Kirby franchise, Waddle Dees and Bandana Dee, if he thinks Spear and Parasol are not enough he can literally give his character the abilities he wants and it would be OK.

I mean, that was already obvious with characters like Captain Falcon, Fox or even Meta Knight, but yeah, now thanks to Piranha Plant it's even more obvious.
Plus it would not only prevent overlap with what Star Allies and RTDL already have, but also provide a fresh new type of gameplay for the little Dee.

I hate that meme and I love Marx, but this legit made me laugh.
Same, but for Adeline. :laugh:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because that's the reality of a character thread. I've been doing this for 13 years and that's just the natural ebb and flow of things. If a character thread is only positive comments and no detractors, what's the point? Steel sharpens steel and what-not. The bubble has to burst every once in awhile for anything meaningful to come out of discussions. If it's always an echo chamber, you just become more isolated and come off to other fanbases looking like Renfield in Dracula. Always positive or always neutral is not good because it implies there's no critical thinking going on and it's ultimately just a circle-jerk. If someone says boo, be ready whether it's a troll or someone who actually wants to get into it. A bee sting and a harpoon gore are two very different things, afterall.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Because that's the reality of a character thread. I've been doing this for 13 years and that's just the natural ebb and flow of things. If a character thread is only positive comments and no detractors, what's the point? Steel sharpens steel and what-not. The bubble has to burst every once in awhile for anything meaningful to come out of discussions. If it's always an echo chamber, you just become more isolated and come off to other fanbases looking like Renfield in Dracula. Always positive or always neutral is not good because it implies there's no critical thinking going on and it's ultimately just a circle-jerk. If someone says boo, be ready whether it's a troll or someone who actually wants to get into it. A bee sting and a harpoon gore are two very different things, afterall.
It is fine if they want to debate but if they come just to say a negative sentence for no good reason that is where I have an issue.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Then that's that. Don't let your pants fall down everytime someone slaps your ass, you know? Know when to engage and when it's not worth it. Not every negative comment is a war proclamation. In this particular case, this really isn't something worth raising your spears for.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Go to the Maex thread. They need your help there. Then stop by at the Magolor thread afterwards.

Honestly, we should all be hanging out at the threads for other Kirby characters just as much, we need to let people know we don't want only Dee.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So I've looked over this thread.

Coming on here to start stuff is inappropriate and will not be tolerated. Reality is, people vote how they want on RTC. If their post in itself is inappropriate, report it. Do not troll other threads just because you aren't happy with the result. Just let it go and shrug. You can debate their reasons. It appears the party in question has been Warned for their behavior.

That said, do not post media-only replies. Please post context. Likewise, don't reply to trollish posts. Just ignore it and report. Let the Moderation handle it. Spamming images does not help and only makes it worse on us. Remember, when we hand out Warnings and Infractions for a post, we do that to generally all posts that break the rules, even those who are "defending" themselves. The rules apply to all.

Thank you for your time. :)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So we've had both Isaac and Geno fans come here to bash Dee in the last few days, as well as a few individual haters. Guys, please stop treating character support like it's a war between two factions, like the next fighter is X, Y or Z and we all have to fight each other to so we can temporarily say someone is the "most deserving." Besides, whatever the outcome of an argument is, it's never going to affect the placement of any fighter.

Thank you Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth for the help. It's about time someone showed up!

HOW ABOUT WE CHANGE THE SUBJECT

How about we all just start posting Dee memes (with context) so we can all laugh this off?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So we've had both Isaac and Geno fans come here to bash Dee in the last few days, as well as a few individual haters. Guys, please stop treating character support like it's a war between two factions, like the next fighter is X, Y or Z and we all have to fight each other to so we can temporarily say someone is the "most deserving." Besides, whatever the outcome of an argument is, it's never going to affect the placement of any fighter.

Thank you Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth for the help. It's about time someone showed up!

HOW ABOUT WE CHANGE THE SUBJECT

How about we all just start posting Dee memes (with context) so we can all laugh this off?
Iirc it was actually the Isaac fans here trying to defend people who were bashing Isaac here.

The thought of drama between my two most wanted hurts me ;(

Also yea, memes. We need more of those!

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Hey, just came here to say you got my Support. Don't get put down. Believe.

Top Bottom