• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Alright, might as well say this now. Here are my moveset ideas:
Bandana Dee would be a nimble lightweight character with a disjoint, low KO power outside of the spear tipper, a good combo game, good recovery, and the lag on his moves shifted towards the front. The shaft of his spear would autolink (launching opponents towards Dee), making them usable combo starters.
Strengths:
- Great combo game
- Good recovery
- High mobility
- High range
Weaknesses:
- Struggles to KO
- Easy to KO
- Noticeable startup
Dash Speed: 1.9 (Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Meta Knight and 12th best in the game. Kirby has a mediocre dash speed of 1.57.
Walk Speed: 1.4 (Very Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Sheik and Zero Suit Samus for 5th fastest in the game, even above Sonic's walk speed. Kirby has a slow walking speed of 0.93.
Air Speed: 1.2 (Very Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Zero Suit Samus and Mii Brawler for 6th fastest air speed in the game. Kirby has an... interesting air speed of 0.8, the 4th worst in the game. Some people would say that Kirby characters move slowly when they are flying (which is why Kirby characters, especially the ones that puff, are so slow in the air), but in Super Star Ultra not only does Parasol Waddle Dee not have bad air speed (because he double jumps instead of puffing), but he also moves faster in the air. While I'm not saying that Bandana Dee should have this ability, Waddle Dees are always pretty fast in the air.
He also is very floaty, with a fall speed of 1.25 (tied with Weegee for 6th slowest). He has 4 double jumps (1 less than Kirby) and a double jump a bit higher than Kirby's.
Jab: Stabs in front of him angled up, dealing 1.3% and having a mediocre 5 frame startup, stabs in front of him angled down (1.2%), and then:
If the player holds down the A button, will initiate a rapid jab. Hits every 4 frames, each dealing 0.5%. After it's been used 8 times, Bandana Dee will unleash a finisher once the player releases the button, dealing 3.5% (5% tipped).
If the player releases and then taps A, will use jab 3. More powerful than the rapid jab finisher, dealing 7.5% (11% tipped) and having good KO power (the tipper KOs around 145% at the edge of Final Destination), but has less damage potential than the rapid jab.
Dash Attack: Rolls forward (could also slide or use the Parasol dash ability). A useful dash attack: comes out frame 5, has a long-lasting hitbox, and has fairly low ending lag. The early hit deals 10% and launches at a combo-friendly vertical angle, while the late hit deals a mediocre 6% and launches with weak horizontal knockback.
FTilt: Stabs forward with his spear. Doesn't come out until frame 9 (slow for a tilt), but has minimal ending lag and has respectable power (deals 8% untipped, 12% tipped, and the tip KOing at 110% at the edge of Final Destination). Semi-spikes, meaning the angle can hinder recovery and forces foes to recover low, allowing for edgeguards.
UTilt: Swipes overhead with his spear. The base knockback is low, making it a good combo starter, it has the fastest startup out of all his tilts (frame 6, second fastest if counting his jab), has good range, and decent damage (6% normal, 10% tipped, tip KOs around 145%).
DTilt: I have 2 ideas:
1: Jabs the butt of his spear downwards. A decently powerful spike. Slowest startup of all his tilts (frame 12), but deals a solid 9% and can act as a good combo starter.
2: Flips over and spins his spear on the ground, like with the Windmill. Slowest startup of all his tilts (frame 12), but deals a solid 11% (has 3 multi-hits that deal 1% and a final hit dealing 8%) and has respectable horizontal knockback (KOs around 138% at the edge of Final Destination).
FSmash: Stabs forward with his Parasol. Slow startup (frame 16). The parasol deals 13%, while the tip deals 17%. The tip deals excellent horizontal knockback (KOing at a respectable 70% at the edge of Final Destination), but the parasol itself isn't all that great for a smash attack (doesn't KO until 98% at the edge of Final Destination).
USmash: Stabs upward with his spear. His fastest smash, at frame 14. Has 3 hitboxes: one on his feet that hits opponents on the ground and deals 10%, one on his spear (including the shaft) that deals a good 15%, and one on the tip that deals a whopping 22%. Useful as an anti-air, as the tip KOs around 75% and the spear hitbox KOs at 122% (which is still pretty good for Dee), but the hitbox on his feet (which is what you'll usually hit grounded opponents with) doesn't KO until about 185%.
DSmash: Megaton Punches the ground. The slowest startup out of his smashes, coming out at a sluggish frame 20. Has 2 hitboxes: a fist hitbox dealing high horizontal knockback (the angle is somewhat low) and a massive 20%, and a semi-spike shockwave dealing 6% to grounded foes. The fist KOs at a respectable 85% at the edge of Final Destination, but the shockwave doesn't KO until above 250%.
NAir: Twirls his spear towards the camera. A longe-lasting combo breaker, coming out on frame 5, active for 20 frames, and dealing 10% on the early hit (6% on the late hit). Deals decent knockback, launching diagonally up.
FAir: Jabs his spear in front of him twice. The first hit links reliably into the second. Hit 1 comes out frame 7. The two hits deal 3 and 7% (11% when tipped), respectively. The last hit deals decent horizontal knockback.
BAir: Bandana Dee's most powerful aerial. Comes out frame 6, deals 12%, and has good knockback, KOing around 135% at the edge of Final Destination.
UAir: Uses the Skyward Thrust, stabbing upwards. Comes out frame 7. The regular hitbox only deals 7%, but the tip deals 11%. The tip deals decent knockback, but the spear hitbox deals low knockback, ideal for combos.
DAir: Bandana Dee uses the Moon Drop. A stall-and-fall aerial, and a powerful spike. Deals 15%.
FThrow: Uses the Capture Beam's Forward Throw. Shoots 4 projectiles at the opponent: the first 3 launch into the next (dealing 2%), while the last hit deals 5% and has decent KO potential at the edge.
BThrow: Uses the Back Circus Throw. Turns around and launches foes with his parasol, dealing 12%. Has decent KO potential at the edge.
UThrow: Uses the Up Circus Throw. Puts opponents on his parasol, spins it around for 4 hits (each dealing 1%), and launches them upwards for 6%. Lacking in usable KO power, but a good combo starter.
DThrow: Holds foe to the ground and slams them with a Megaton Punch. His most damaging throw, dealing 12.5%. Deals fairly vertical knockback and has good combo potential at low percents, but has high growth, making it KO around 135% on Final Destination.
Neutral (Beam): Turns his spear into a beam and uses it. Has 3 hits: the first 2 link into the last, dealing 1%, and the last hit deals 5%. Can be charged; at full charge, will turn into Wave Beam, dealing 12% and dealing decent knockback.
Side (Spear Throw): Throws a spear in an arc. Can be charged; at full charge, throws 3 spears. The spear itself has an early hit when it's going up dealing 7%, a middle hit at the apex dealing 6%, and a late hit when it's falling dealing 8%. The tip of the late hit buries grounded opponents.
Up (Spear Copter): Soars up using his spear as a helicopter. If B is still held at the apex, Bandana Dee can hover for 60 frames; afterwards, he goes into a slowed descent like the one after Peach's parasol. One of his fastest moves, coming out frame 4, has 13 hits; the first deals 2%, hits 2-12 deal 0.5%, and the final hit deals 4%, for a total 11.5%. The last hit deals massive knockback, making the move KO around 120% on Final Destination.
Down (Parasol Twirl): Spins his parasol below him. Reflects projectiles with a 1.3x damage multiplier and damages foes caught inside, dealing 9 hits (each dealing 1%). The parasol has transcendent priority, and all parts of Dee in the parasol are intangible as long as the move is active.
What do you think? Also, which dash attack/down tilt would be the best?
Love it! Although I felt like saying this, all of the Kirby crew should have their slide be their slide, since they use it in their games more often now.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Anyone else notice that King Boo is kinda becoming a popular pick? It's nice to see our fellow "hat goomba" characters crop up after the argument was destroyed by Plant

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Love it! Although I felt like saying this, all of the Kirby crew should have their slide be their slide, since they use it in their games more often now.
Dedede's dash attack is one of his main attacks during his boss fight, and Kirby's dash attack is from the Fire copy ability. Bandana Dee could have it (or something else entirely), but Meta Knight's current dash attack is just the generic kick dash attack because he has big feet.
It doesn't relate to anything that I know of and it doesn't even use his sword, so I'm not that big of a fan of his current one.
Of course, Dee and Kirby seem to make the most sense, and Kirby's is already the fire one.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I know it's almost over, but RTC's doing Bandana Dee along with Rex, so I just thought it'd be worth bringing up.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Dedede's dash attack is one of his main attacks during his boss fight, and Kirby's dash attack is from the Fire copy ability. Bandana Dee could have it (or something else entirely), but Meta Knight's current dash attack is just the generic kick dash attack because he has big feet.
It doesn't relate to anything that I know of and it doesn't even use his sword, so I'm not that big of a fan of his current one.
Of course, Dee and Kirby seem to make the most sense, and Kirby's is already the fire one.
I made a typo, I meant their slide should be their down tilt.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Who's doing what?
It's a thread called "Rate Their Chances", which takes a character every day, and has users rate how likely they are to get into Smash and how much they want them in Smash. Today the character is Bandana Dee (and Rex; there was a mistake, so they're doing both).

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
It's a thread called "Rate Their Chances", which takes a character every day, and has users rate how likely they are to get into Smash and how much they want them in Smash. Today the character is Bandana Dee (and Rex; there was a mistake, so they're doing both).
Oh, okay.
Interesting.

Decided to plug my thoughts about Best Boi in there for the heck of it. Thanks for telling me about it, lol

Last edited:

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to say this since there seems to be a slight misconception about it. While Spear Kirby and Bandana Dee's moves are very similar, some of their moves actually have different names. For example, Kirby has Spear copter, Spear Throw, and Spear Barrage, whereas Bandana Dee has Waddle Copter, Waddle Spear Throw, and Waddle Spear Barrage. Ya it is kinda irrelevant but I just thought I should point this out being the big Kirby nerd I am.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I just wanted to say this since there seems to be a slight misconception about it. While Spear Kirby and Bandana Dee's moves are very similar, some of their moves actually have different names. For example, Kirby has Spear copter, Spear Throw, and Spear Barrage, whereas Bandana Dee has Waddle Copter, Waddle Spear Throw, and Waddle Spear Barrage. Ya it is kinda irrelevant but I just thought I should point this out being the big Kirby nerd I am.
Heh, Waddle Copter. Sorry, I can't help but think of a Waddle Dee version of this:

I'd actually like to see that. :laugh:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now I'd want to see every single move in his moveset be Waddle something. :awesome:

Waddle Punch!
Waddle Kick!
Waddle Trip!

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
So do you guys think the wave 3 dream friends could potentially steal the smash pass spotlight from Dee? Cause I am legit terrified that they might do just that (although my dream is that both Bandana Dee AND Magolor will make it in, but we all know that won't happen).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So do you guys think the wave 3 dream friends could potentially steal the smash pass spotlight from Dee? Cause I am legit terrified that they might do just that (although my dream is that both Bandana Dee AND Magolor will make it in, but we all know that won't happen).
Not really. Smash and Star Allies are two completely different things. If anything it'd be the other way around, since SA's been around for a while, and the dream friends are entirely free, so it's not like the game is stealing away extra profit.

Also, on a semi-related note, Meta Knight didn't even get a Memories article. Them's the breaks, I tell ya.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I highly doubt it, unless Nintendo is following the "cool moveset" trope that some people use to decide what characters, specifically Kirby characters "deserve" to be in Smash.
If a Kirby character should be chosen, Bandana Dee is next in line. Characters like Magolor, Susie, and Taranza don't carry as much appeal as Waddle Dees/Bandana Dee in my view, at least in Japan (which is probably where most of the influence comes from sometimes). Not to mention that picking such characters (Magolor, Susie, Marx, Taranza etc) to join the battle for promotional purposes would be a bit of a waste (imo). At least Corrin was the star of the respective game that he came from. All those characters that I just listed, excluding Dee, are simply returning without much significance besides playable status, fan service, and nostalgia. In theory, if a character from the Kirby series is to be chosen, said character should be chosen based on popularity rather than promotion. Heck, Bandana Dee could snag both of those traits by promoting himself as a popular character who appeared as a Dream Friend in Star Allies.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In theory, if a character from the Kirby series is to be chosen, said character should be chosen based on popularity rather than promotion. Heck, Bandana Dee could snag both of those traits by promoting himself as a popular character who appeared as a Dream Friend in Star Allies.
Pretty much. By that metric, the next ones in line popularity wise after him are Magolor, Adeline/Rick/Coo/Kine and possibly Marx. Everybody else is going to need a bit of work to get fan love (especially Taranza)...

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Here is the amount of likes each "Fighter of the Day" post has in the official Smash japanese Twitter:

Isabelle: 21 K
Snake: 12 K
Kirby: 10 K
Meta Knight: 8.3 K

Link: 8.3 K
King Dedede: 8.1 K
Chrom: 8.1 K
Pichu: 8.0 K
Incineroar: 8.0 K
Ganondorf: 8.0 K
Young Link: 7.7 K
Greninja: 7.4 K
Ike: 7.4 K
King K. Rool: 7.2 K
Wolf: 6.9 K
Mario: 6.8 K
Cloud: 6.6 K
Ness: 6.5 K
Pokemon Trainer: 6.2 K
Corrin: 6.2 K
Shulk: 6.0 K
Ice Climbers: 6.0 K
Simon: 5.9 K
Pikachu: 5.7 K
Ken: 5.7 K
Villager: 5.7 K
Dark Samus: 5.5 K
Marth: 5.4 K
Lucario: 5.4 K
Bowser: 5.4 K
Toon Link: 5.4 K
Luigi: 5.4 K
Sonic: 5.3 K
Captain Falcon: 5.2 K
Ryu: 5.2 K
Richter: 5.1 K
Lucina: 5.1 K
Jigglypuff: 4.7 K
Mega Man: 4.6 K
Sheik: 4.6 K
Zero Suit Samus: 4.6 K
Fox: 4.5 K
Dark Pit: 4.5 K
Dr. Mario: 4.4 K
Pit: 4.3 K
Peach: 4.1 K
Falco: 4.1 K
Palutena: 4.0 K
Rosalina & Luma: 4.0 K
Wii Fit Trainer: 4.0 K
Olimar: 3.9 K
Pac Man: 3.8 K
Donkey Kong: 3.8 K
Duck Hunt: 3.6 K
Samus: 3.6 K
Little Mac: 3.5 K
Mii Fighters: 3.4 K
R.O.B.: 3.3 K
Bowser Jr.: 3.2 K
Wario: 2.8 K
Ridley: 2.1 K
Daisy: 2.1 K

Look at how popular the Kirby characters are!
Kirby is huge in Japan and totally deserves a newcomer.

Also, some official videogame franchises accounts (JP) posted about Smash Ultimate's announcement in June and the Smash Twitter rewteeted the posts.
The likes are:

Splatoon: 69 K
Zelda: 17 K
Kirby: 14 K
Animal Crossing: 9.0 K
Fire Emblem: 8.0 K
Xenoblade: 6.3 K
Mario Oddysey (Yes, just Oddysey): 5.7 K
Kid Icarus: 4.6 K
Mega Man: 3.5 K
Sega (Sonic): 3.4 K
Platinum Games (Bayonetta): 1.6 K

It's interesting, you can share it if you want.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Here is the amount of likes each "Fighter of the Day" post has in the official Smash japanese Twitter:

Isabelle: 21 K
Snake: 12 K
Kirby: 10 K
Link: 8.3 K
King Dedede: 8.1 K
Meta Knight: 8.1 K

Chrom: 8.1 K
Pichu: 8.0 K
Incineroar: 8.0 K
Ganondorf: 8.0 K
Young Link: 7.7 K
Greninja: 7.4 K
Ike: 7.4 K
King K. Rool: 7.2 K
Wolf: 6.9 K
Mario: 6.8 K
Cloud: 6.6 K
Ness: 6.5 K
Pokemon Trainer: 6.2 K
Corrin: 6.2 K
Shulk: 6.0 K
Ice Climbers: 6.0 K
Simon: 5.9 K
Pikachu: 5.7 K
Ken: 5.7 K
Villager: 5.7 K
Dark Samus: 5.5 K
Marth: 5.4 K
Lucario: 5.4 K
Bowser: 5.4 K
Toon Link: 5.4 K
Luigi: 5.4 K
Sonic: 5.3 K
Captain Falcon: 5.2 K
Ryu: 5.2 K
Richter: 5.1 K
Lucina: 5.1 K
Jigglypuff: 4.7 K
Mega Man: 4.6 K
Sheik: 4.6 K
Zero Suit Samus: 4.6 K
Fox: 4.5 K
Dark Pit: 4.5 K
Dr. Mario: 4.4 K
Pit: 4.3 K
Peach: 4.1 K
Falco: 4.1 K
Palutena: 4.0 K
Rosalina & Luma: 4.0 K
Wii Fit Trainer: 4.0 K
Olimar: 3.9 K
Pac Man: 3.8 K
Donkey Kong: 3.8 K
Duck Hunt: 3.6 K
Samus: 3.6 K
Little Mac: 3.5 K
Mii Fighters: 3.4 K
R.O.B.: 3.3 K
Bowser Jr.: 3.2 K
Wario: 2.8 K
Ridley: 2.1 K
Daisy: 2.1 K

Look at how popular the Kirby characters are, and Meta Knight's tweet was just posted yesterday lol.
Kirby is huge in Japan and totally deserves a newcomer.

Also, some official videogame franchises accounts (JP) posted about Smash Ultimate's announcement in June and the Smash Twitter rewteeted the posts.
The likes are:

Splatoon: 69 K
Zelda: 17 K
Kirby: 14 K
Animal Crossing: 9.0 K
Fire Emblem: 8.0 K
Xenoblade: 6.3 K
Mario Oddysey (Yes, just Oddysey): 5.7 K
Kid Icarus: 4.6 K
Mega Man: 3.5 K
Sega (Sonic): 3.4 K
Platinum Games (Bayonetta): 1.6 K

It's interesting, you can share it if you want.
I wasn't in denial about Kirby's appeal in Japan, but this is still quite nice to see.

Fil with an "f"

Smash Rookie
Considering that we keep getting new types of fighters like grapplers, more ranged characters as well as characters who use never before used weapons (in smash) like whips, a spear fighter as an addition doesn't seem far fetched at all.
Plus I just really ****ing love Waddle Dee.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
So, considering that if DLC characters do get a reveal, it'll probably be really short. Here's what I'm thinking for Bandana Dee's DLC reveal...

The trailer opens up with Dedede wildly running through the jungle, clearly in a panic. He stops in a small clearing, looking back and fourth. Suddenly, King K. Rool, still angry from his trailer, jumps from the shrubbery ready to attack Dreamland's king, who's all the whilst is making the classic faces you'd expect from Dedede. Suddenly, a shadow jumps from the bushes behind Dedede, landing in front of the king. The challenger who has the courage to defend Dedede is none other than... a Waddle Dee in a bandana. K. Rool, confused, starts comparing the height and weight of himself and this newcomer. After a second or two, he laughs the notion off, and prepares his blunderbuss... only for this small Waddle Dee to toss a spear right into it as it's preparing to fire. Suddenly realizing the goof he's made, K. Rool looks to the screen briefly, and is sent flying by the explosion of the blunderbuss' clog. As he's flying away, Dedede pats his Waddle Dee companion on the back for a job well done, as the screen cuts to: "Waddle DLC Available!"

It seemed a bit shorter in my head... what do you guys think?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Once, before the November Direct turned me into a bitter old man, I had a dream about a hypothetical Dee reveal.

It was kind of a bait-and-switch. It started with Link at the edge of a plateau, like the beginning of Breath of the Wild. Under a tree, he spotted a chest, opened it, and found the Tunic of the Wild. He puts it on, then the camera focuses on his iconic cap hanging from the handle of the Master Sword, stabbed into the ground. Then the camera moves to the side and there’s a blue bandanna hanging from a spear stuck into the ground. Link looks down and Dee is there, trying to reach his bandanna. Link grabs it, crouches and puts it on him, then Dee takes his spear and pokes him. Cue splash screen.

Sad thing is, I actually expected something like that to come true.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Man, if only there was a crossover fighting game to settle this argument, it'd be awesome. :4pacman:
One more reason for Dee to be in smash.......................................:bobomb::bobomb::bobomb:
I highly doubt it, unless Nintendo is following the "cool moveset" trope that some people use to decide what characters, specifically Kirby characters "deserve" to be in Smash.
If a Kirby character should be chosen, Bandana Dee is next in line. Characters like Magolor, Susie, and Taranza don't carry as much appeal as Waddle Dees/Bandana Dee in my view, at least in Japan (which is probably where most of the influence comes from sometimes). Not to mention that picking such characters (Magolor, Susie, Marx, Taranza etc) to join the battle for promotional purposes would be a bit of a waste (imo). At least Corrin was the star of the respective game that he came from. All those characters that I just listed, excluding Dee, are simply returning without much significance besides playable status, fan service, and nostalgia. In theory, if a character from the Kirby series is to be chosen, said character should be chosen based on popularity rather than promotion. Heck, Bandana Dee could snag both of those traits by promoting himself as a popular character who appeared as a Dream Friend in Star Allies.
One thing we should probably recognize is the fact that Magolor was planned to be playable in Star Allies from the start, and be a major story character. I guess that was too complicated and slowed development, so they made him DLC. It would have been nice for Magolor to be the star of three Major Kirby games, but I guess we'll have to wait. Also, notice how when Star Allies came out, Magolor was added as a pfp icon with the update that added Star Allies icons. Just though of throwing that out there. :kirby:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing we should probably recognize is the fact that Magolor was planned to be playable in Star Allies from the start, and be a major story character. I guess that was too complicated and slowed development, so they made him DLC. It would have been nice for Magolor to be the star of three Major Kirby games, but I guess we'll have to wait. Also, notice how when Star Allies came out, Magolor was added as a pfp icon with the update that added Star Allies icons. Just though of throwing that out there. :kirby:
That's interesting.

Then there's Susie, who never actually converted to the side of good even in Planet Robobot's ending (since she promptly left), and her Mirror World self was featured in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, so I can certainly see her make a comeback in a future installment once the business with the Jambastion Cult is finally done and over with.

Taranza, on the other hand? The roles that he played in Triple Deluxe and TKCDX have been properly concluded, so there isn't any reason for him to come back after this. :( He's not even established as a Kirby friend/ally like BWD, Rick, Kine, Coo, Adeline, Gooey, Magolor and even Daroach are.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Taranza, on the other hand? The roles that he played in Triple Deluxe and TKCDX have been properly concluded, so there isn't any reason for him to come back after this. :( He's not even established as a Kirby friend/ally like BWD, Rick, Kine, Coo, Adeline, Gooey, Magolor and even Daroach are.
They brought him back in Star Allies, which is more than we can say for some other characters. Not to mention his game is only four years old, it's too early to say that he's concluded in any way.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They brought him back in Star Allies, which is more than we can say for some other characters. Not to mention his game is only four years old, it's too early to say that he's concluded in any way.
Yeah, that is true. Elline is the most SOL out of all of Kirby's friends, given that. At least Prince Fluff will be kept relevant by the Epic Yarn port, I guess...

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Magolor is definitely a mainstay. He's got two large roles (Return to Dreamland, Star Allies), two supporting roles (Dream Collection, Clash Deluxe), an active cameo (Drum Dash Deluxe) as well as significant roots to the ongoing lore of the franchise. That's a lot compared to the other Kirby characters outside of the main quartet, especially considering how Magolor is a "recent" character.

I would really like him to show up more. Especially in Smash. Him being revealed alongside Dee was such a beautiful dream for me. He's the second most deserving Kirby candidate for Smash, in my opinion.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Magolor is definitely a mainstay. He's got two large roles (Return to Dreamland, Star Allies), two supporting roles (Dream Collection, Clash Deluxe), an active cameo (Drum Dash Deluxe) as well as significant roots to the ongoing lore of the franchise. That's a lot compared to the other Kirby characters outside of the main quartet, especially considering how Magolor is a "recent" character.

I would really like him to show up more. Especially in Smash. Him being revealed alongside Dee was such a beautiful dream for me. He's the second most deserving Kirby candidate for Smash, in my opinion.
It's also a lot for a character who debuted in 2011.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Welp, the three mages have been teased as playable. AS A TRIO.

If they are in Wave 3, that really doesn't leave much of anything to justify a Wave 4 beyond Hyness, at this point. Unless Wave 4 is coming sooner than expected...

Last edited:
Top Bottom