• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Feeling good about Dee here after today's massacre. He's nowhere to be see afaik and *that* is interesting, considering literally everything we've seen. Here's hoping!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
This guy's DeeLC 100%. He's got no assist, and we literally got hat goomba without the hat. The DLC just seems like characters who didn't make the final roster, so I'd say he's almost guarendeed

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
We should have expected this. Imagine the hype there would be in his announcement? Sakurai is a man who focuses on hype so much...this is delayed gratification for us.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I don't mean to cut the celebration short, but what if we didn't survive? All it takes to deconfirm a character now is to just put a png file in with some stat boosts. With the sheer volume of spirits and easy development time, it looks like Bandana Dee is just a fighter waiting to be deconfirmed. I wouldn't celebrate until we get the game and find all of the spirits, with none of them being Bandana Dee. Then and only then do we stand a chance.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I don't mean to cut the celebration short, but what if we didn't survive? All it takes to deconfirm a character now is to just put a png file in with some stat boosts. With the sheer volume of spirits and easy development time, it looks like Bandana Dee is just a fighter waiting to be deconfirmed. I wouldn't celebrate until we get the game and find all of the spirits, with none of them being Bandana Dee. Then and only then do we stand a chance.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ed_as_a_full_fighter/?st=jnz31bpd&sh=1092071d
Spirits don't disconfirm fighters

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
No Assist trophy and plans for 5 unknown DLC characters... Sakurai stop teasing us!!! Are you going to give us the Dee or not!?

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Even with the massacre that happened today, there are 2 favorable points for Dee:

1. He was not disconfirmed nor shown as an AT/Spirit.
2. The argument "Goomba with a hat" is a piece of trash now that Piranha Plant is in.

Let's try to remain positive for the DeeLC.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
So regarding the whole whether spirits deconfirm characters or not, I guess I'll throw in my own two cents.

-Assist Trophies also have spirits.
-So certain AT's can be beat up by themselves (in a certain way).
I feel this could extend to DLC fighters as well.

Although my gut is telling me we'll only be getting third parties from here on, I do think BD's up there as one of the most likely first party characters. So I hope I'm wrong regarding my third parties only prediction.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
No Assist trophy and plans for 5 unknown DLC characters... Sakurai stop teasing us!!! Are you going to give us the Dee or not!?
I'm sorry to be negative, but I doubt it. If all of these characters end up being Spritis, the odds of Bandana Dee not being one are extremely low, especially seeing as to how all they need to do is get a photo of them, give them some stat boosts and BAM! CHARACTER DECONFIRMED!

Even if there isn't, he has so much competition for DLC. Here's who I think will be DLC tho

1: Steve (Vergeben)
2: Sora (Vergeben leaked a new Square rep, and he's the most likely pick)
3: Byleth (Because there's always room for another FE rep)
4: Someone else. Probably a 3rd party and probably leaked by Vergeben. Possibly Euden from Dragalia Lost if he's not a spirit.
5: Someone else. Probably a 3rd party and probably leaked by Vergeben Edit: Possibly a Gen 8 Pokemon if there's dev time.

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to be negative, but I doubt it. If all of these characters end up being Spritis, the odds of Bandana Dee not being one are extremely low, especially seeing as to how all they need to do is get a photo of them, give them some stat boosts and BAM! CHARACTER DECONFIRMED!

Even if there isn't, he has so much competition for DLC. Here's who I think will be DLC tho

1: Steve (Vergeben)
2: Sora (Vergeben leaked a new Square rep, and he's the most likely pick)
3: Byleth (Because there's always room for another FE rep)
4: Someone else. Probably a 3rd party and probably leaked by Vergeben. Possibly Euden from Dragalia Lost if he's not a spirit.
5: Someone else. Probably a 3rd party and probably leaked by Vergeben
I'm still somewhat skeptical of Vergeben, although he is turning out to be right.
For the last 3:
3. I know they love adding new FE characters, but come on. They aren't going to make Fire Emblem have more characters than The Legend of Ze-
wait no
They aren't going to make Fire Emblem have as many reps as Mario (I mean now they need 2 but you get the point). Everybody would be pissed if they added a Fire Emblem character de jour from every new game that comes out and never cut any. We have best-sellers shafted 3 or 4 straight games in a row, they aren't going to make a series that's sold a fraction of the games that Mario, LoZ, or even Kirby have.
4/5. Maybe 1 3rd party, but if it's as you say that's 80% third parties. That would be pretty weird for a nintendo all-star fighting game, especially since they've focused mostly on highly-requested 1st parties.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The Verge DLC leaks are false, since Nintendo said DLC is IN DEVELOPMENT. Nothing is complete or has been decided on yet. Verge would have to be a member of the development team alongside Sakurai for this to be true.

I'll eat my words if this ends up wrong but come on. Having info on a completed game is in another class completely than unfinished DLC.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Dee stands out as the most likely character for DLC at this point.
Hope at least one of my big 5 make it, now that 2 are hard deconfirmed, 1's soft deconfirmed, and the last is so unlikely due to Aonuma's direction with 3D Zelda.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Wow. With about 80% of the competition out of the picture and the confirmation of five deelc characters, this is probably the best place we have ever been in! Stay strong Bandana Brigade, our journey isn't over yet!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Congrats on surviving spear wielders and now with Piranha Plant confirmed nobody can use generic mook argument against you.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
A thought occurred to me. Now that Piranha Plant is in nobody can ever use the hat goomba argument again to say that Bandanna Dee can't get in.

note: before anyone takes it the wrong way I don't see him as a hat goomba, I see bandana Dee as his own Dee seperate from the others and a main character of Kirby.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Lol holy hell that was a bloodbath. Everyone and anyone was deconfirmed. No dream was left unshattered...

..No dream, except ONE that is!

The bloodbath of deconfirmation.png

IT'S ALL ON YOU NOW, LITTLE WADDLE DEE!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
A thought occurred to me. Now that Piranha Plant is in nobody can ever use the hat goomba argument again to say that Bandanna Dee can't get in.

note: before anyone takes it the wrong way I don't see him as a hat goomba, I see bandana Dee as his own Dee seperate from the others and a main character of Kirby.
The dev team hopefully applied this logic when developing the roster. If a ****ing piranha plant can make it in, Dee is most definitely in.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I personally think Spirits disconfirm characters.

Sakurai said the DLC characters are already decided, so why would he add the characters to the game, in any form, if they are going to be playable later?
In Smash 4 the DLC was decided after the game's release, that's why Lucas, for example, got a trophy in the base game and then he still got in later.
This situation is different.

Also, I would like to say that Rex was not added because his game came out too late (much later than the 2015 Project Plan), so:

1) Bandana Dee's chances are good IMO, because Rainbow Curse was released close to that date and Dee had an important role in it.
2) We will probably not get "advertisement" characters like a FE one from Three Houses, probably just fan favorites and iconic third parties.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Spirits probably does disconfirm fighters.....

Sad.....

Well, look on the bright side! Less competition for Dee's spot!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm a bit surprised how many fighters got disconfirmed but not Dee. Come to think of it, this can hardly be a coincidence. If Skull Kid, Isaac, Shadow, Geno, etc. all aren't fighters, the only reason we haven't still heard about Dee at all must mean he's DLC.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, not sure how this never ended up originally. Must be bad connection.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Actually no, I wouldn't discount Spirits as a knockout. Both Wii Fit Trainer and ROB was spotted as well, you know. Ignore Hollywoodrok, he's a negative nancy.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Actually no, I wouldn't discount Spirits as a knockout. Both Wii Fit Trainer and ROB was spotted as well, you know. Ignore Hollywoodrok, he's a negative nancy.
Still, Sprits seems to be the most recognition many fighters are going to get this installation.

NOT COUNTING DEE!!!

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I’m glad the “generic enemy can’t be playable” arguments are extinguished! I just thought Bandana Dee would be the one to do it....

D

Deleted member

I don't think that the Spirits disconfirms characters. If they are like trophies, then these characters are still fair game.

I do feel bad for all of the fans of these characters... but we made it through the fire. While the DLC characters have been chosen already, it bodes well for us that we made it through without getting Assist Trophy'd.
And the Piranha Plant of all things helps us kill the generic enemy comment for good.

Now we gotta ignite this flame and get ready for the ultimate fight!

Last edited by a moderator:

SwitchButton

I don't think that the Spirits disconfirms characters. If they are like trophies, then these characters are still fair game.

I do feel bad for all of the fans of these characters... but we made it through the fire. While the DLC characters have been chosen already, it bodes well for us that we made it through without getting Assist Trophy'd.
And the Piranha Plant of all things helps us kill the generic enemy comment for good.

Now we gotta ignite this flame and get ready for the ultimate fight!
They're fair game, but lets be real I seriously doubt they would've been added as Spirits if they were planned to beplayable. Remember, the DLC was decided alongside the base roster, so there's not gonna be a "we didn't think in advance" situation like Lucas and Mewtwo. I'd love to be wrong, but I seriously feel like Spirits are just death for characters not already playable.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If Spirits disconfirms characters, does that mean we lost Shantae too?
Yes, but that thing about Spirits and disconfirmation is just my speculation.
Also, we don't know if BD is a Spirit, considering there are like a million of them and we saw just a few lol.

I just hope DLC is not a lot of third parties like Smash 4's.
We already know we will probably get a Square Enix character as DLC and maybe Minecraft content, thanks to Vergeben.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yes, but that thing about Spirits and disconfirmation is just my speculation.
Also, we don't know if BD is a Spirit, considering there are like a million of them and we saw just a few lol.

I just hope DLC is not a lot of third parties like Smash 4's.
We already know we will probably get a Square Enix character as DLC and maybe Minecraft content, thanks to Vergeben.
As I said, Verge can't be held as accountable since DLC is still early in development. He would have to be a part of the dev team for his leaks to be real.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Me: "Alright, I'm going to chill now and not pay as much attention to speculation."
Also me: -types a small essay on Spirits-
(I typed this earlier but forgot to click post because I'm tired. Oops. Maybe it's still useful to someone anyway.)

It's also worth noting that there is a Spirit of Kirby with the Robobot Armour. (14:49 in the direct.)
Robobot Kirby Spirit.png

Kirby is deconfirmed obviously still in the game, and is literally the only character who was not killed off today. That said, it's not yet clear if all alternate "forms" are actually separate Spirits. Some Spirits can turn into an "enhanced" form, which can greatly alter their appearance. (At 14:00, Dixie Kong's Spirit turned into one with Dixie and Kiddy, for example.) Characters with more than one Spirit shown could be the result of that. We don't know how they work for playable characters yet, assuming they all have ones as they did for Trophies.

Regardless, with only five slots left, there is an unfortunately high chance that Spirits soft disconfirm many characters. I feel as though Mii outfits and Assist Trophies definitely do, as there would have been no reason to show off Rex as they did otherwise. Why work on the costume if he's going to be DLC anyway? There's no reason that they can't upgrade them, but at the moment it seems like they're there because it was the only way to get them in. The dev team still has a limited budget and a timeline, afterall, so they can't add everything as playable.

Dee may have dodged the lights today, but release day is the next big hurdle. We'll get our hands on the game and find out exactly how Spirits work, which ones there are, if playable characters have ones that match their fighter form, and if any characters have more than one Spirit that isn't from enhancing. If he still doesn't have one by then (and if the base Waddle Dee doesn't have an enhanced form of him), he's either potential DLC or they skipped him for some unknown reason.

D

Deleted member

I probably won't get all DLC. I don't even know if I will maybe just two or three. But that's so far off so I'll wait till then. Then decide Bandana Dee I'd get in a heartbeat, Geno/Sora for sure. If Banjo-Kazooie are in for sure their games look utterly charming and they'd be a fun duo to have. Plus I want to hear that gibberish talk and Gruntilda rhyming in their unveil trailer she won't appear as a character but maybe they are facing her before heading off to Smash. Ahem anyway back on topic.

I'm content with everything the DLC may have been decided already.

Nothing is set in stone but looking forward to whatever will be hopping for the d all the ways through.

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
I don't prescribe to the idea of "spirits=disconfirmation", so I believe that most of my most wanteds are still kicking, including BD. The only thing that makes me waver is whether or not everything in each dlc pack have to be related (same series). Either way, the fact that BD didn't get AT'd while so many other requested characters gives me hope that he's being saved for greater things in his future.

SwitchButton

Ok, so from what I've gathered, here are the facts about the DLC characters. Take with a grain of salt

-They still have the 2015 limit, since they were decided alongside the main game (Both Rex and Spring Man being denied sets this in stone for me)
-There are only 5
-One of them is a Square Enix character

So this means that there's 4 chances left for Bandana Dee to be added. Who do you guys think these 5 characters could be? I LEGIT have no idea, cause EVERY SINGLE TOP REQUEST got friggin Thanos'd except Dee

FancySmash

Smash Lord
If Bandana Dee isn't a spirit or playable, I'm gonna not only question why he's not playable or why he's not in the game, but why they made Chef Kawasaki an AT over him. Seriously, Chef Kawasaki, Knuckle Joe, and Nightmare are all in as ATs, yet no Bandana Dee yet. He just has to be DLC.

Ok, so from what I've gathered, here are the facts about the DLC characters. Take with a grain of salt

-They still have the 2015 limit, since they were decided alongside the main game (Both Rex and Spring Man being denied sets this in stone for me)
-There are only 5
-One of them is a Square Enix character

So this means that there's 4 chances left for Bandana Dee to be added. Who do you guys think these 5 characters could be? I LEGIT have no idea, cause EVERY SINGLE TOP REQUEST got friggin Thanos'd except Dee
As for the five DLC characters, I'm guessing...

1. Geno/Sora (this depends on if Spirits counts as a hard deconfirmation or not)
  2. Steve (we were told to expect Minecraft)
  3. Banjo Kazooie
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Rayman
And that's not including Elma, who now edges out Rex/Pyra with the limitations of time. There's actually a lot of 3rd Party characters Bandana Dee has to compete with...

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
hope we get our day and I cant wait to play December is only 1 month away. and not to be off topic here but i dont want to miss out on getting out potted ally for free.

Top Bottom