• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
This is it. the final direct. we've made it all the way here without being deconfirmed. will he be in? or will it be time to campaign for DeeLC?
Let's stand together and hope for the best fellow Bandana Brigade members

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
If I had some apple juice at home I'd be slurping the heck out of it right now.
But I guess I'll be holding my Waddle Dee amiibo next to me.
Less than fifteen minutes remaining. Let's hope for the best. I'll see you all once it's over!

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
To turn this to a positive light, I think Dee is all but confirmed. He’s Kirby’s player 4, I’ll be shocked if Sakurai leaves him out and I’d love to play as him.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
I don't wanna jinx it but I think we're safe.
That AT reel was actually terrifying.

D

Deleted member

Piranha Plant being playable ruins the one argument his haters have against him.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
So he wasn’t shown as a spirit and wasn’t an assist trophy I think we have a good chance for DLC!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Did... Did we survive?
...I don't want to celebrate just yet, we don't know the entire Spirits lineup, he might be one of them even now.
For now we may breathe for DLC, but it's going to be tough. Sakurai's wording makes me feel like Rex has been all but confirmed for DLC, and it looks like there'll be only 5 DLC characters. And I think ...Piranha Plant of all things is one of them? So we'd have to be one of three DLC characters not yet confirmed.

Well, look at it from the bright side.
"Goomba with a hat" argument could not be more dead than it is now.
I hate to be the pessimist, but for now, I'm keeping my expectations low. Until the game comes out, I don't want to call anything just yet.

On the bright side, Magolor and Prince Fluff are confirmed spirits, which means more modern Kirby stuff.

EDIT: Sentences

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Holy crap Isaac, Spring Man, and Shadow got deconfirmed with Bandana Dee still in for possible DLC?

Who the heck is even left now?

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
I never want to hear bandana Waddle Dee is to generic for smash when we have a pirhanna plant in smash lol

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Did... Did we survive?
...I don't want to celebrate just yet, we don't know the entire Spirits lineup, he might be one of them even now.
For now we may breathe for DLC, but it's going to be tough. Sakurai's wording makes me feel like Rex has been all but confirmed for DLC, and it looks like there'll be only 5 DLC characters. And I think ...Piranha Plant of all things is one of them? So we'd have to be one of three DLC characters not yet confirmed.

Well, look at it from the bright side.
"Goomba with a hat" argument could not be more dead than it is now.
I hate to be the pessimist, but for now, I'm keeping my expectations low. Until the game comes out, I don't want to call anything just yet.

On the bright side, Magolor and Prince Fluff are confirmed spirits, which means more modern Kirby stuff.

EDIT: Sentences
Didn't they "deconfirm" Rex for DLC? I thought they said the Mii Fighter costume was in because the DLC roster was finalized already?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I'm sorry guys (?)
I mean, he's not deconfirmed after the massive manslaughter this was. There was a normal Waddle Dee in Spirits but I think it does not hurt its chances.
One of my (still alive) most wanted characters,

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Well that direct... happened.
OK, I took a few notes. Here goes.
Soft Deconfirmation:
  • Chibi-Robo (spirit)
  • Octolings (spirit)
  • Magolor (spirit)
  • Dixie Kong (spirit)
  • Shantae (spirit)
Hard Deconfirmation
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (assist trophy)
  • ...Isaac from Golden Sun (assist trophy)
  • Rex/Pyra (too late in development and Mii Costume)
  • Springman (assist trophy)
And Bandana Dee... well, he's in an odd spot. I noticed a normal Waddle Dee spirit in the showcase. That doesn't exactly mean bad things for Bandana Dee... unless that's all Sakurai sees him as. He is no doubt in a good spot for DLC, but if Sakurai sees him the same way that people who see him as a common mook do... well, we're in trouble.

On the plus side, a lot of competition was weeded out. 5 DLC characters aren't a lot, and Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, and Bandana Dee are all on my mind for the best chance IMO. Elma's chances also boosted a bit with Rex out of the way...

And then there's Piranha Plant. Does... that feel like a slap in the face to anyone?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
The chances for Bandana Dee as DLC are incredible I'd say. I cannot believe that this direct wiped out almost every possible 1st party that would rival for it's spot:

Rex is dead. Isaac is dead. Springman is dead. Countless others are dead (being spirits). Even Shadow is dead.
BUT
BANDANA
DEE
LIVES.
And he'll probably come with a NEW RECENT KIRBY GAMES STAGES.

What a direct.

However I feel very bad for the supporters of the nuked characters... Especially since the Grinch gave false hopes for many of them.

Last edited:

11th

Smash Apprentice
Spirit and Assist Trophy massacre... but still no sight of Bandana Dee.
Between that and Lip getting a Spirit and a Mii costume (This is a dream, right? I didn't sleep last night. Did I fall asleep just before the Direct?), today went much better than I was expecting.

And that story cinematic. My poor heart.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Did he? I must rewatch the direct at one point since I thought it was just the base game he mentioned.
Yeah I just rewatched it. Rex's Mii Costume is with the "DLC Fighter Pass". Why would the Mii Fighter costume be in the bundle with the actual fighter? So I'm pretty sure he's just straight up deconfirmed for DLC.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
Idk about you guys but I’m feeling very optimistic after this direct! Let’s keep on fighting for DeeLC with the assist trophy killing spree and mini fighter costumes bandana Waddle Dee is in a good spot!

edsett

Smash Apprentice
We have to wait until the game comes out and we see all the assist trophies and spirits but for right now DeeLC may happen! The Waddle Dee spirit doesn't affect him and we have a playable Piranha Plant for some reason so the "generic" argument seriously holds no water with Bandana Dee actually having a character/personality.

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
Well that direct... happened.
OK, I took a few notes. Here goes.
Soft Deconfirmation:
  • Chibi-Robo (spirit)
  • Octolings (spirit)
  • Magolor (spirit)
  • Dixie Kong (spirit)
  • Shantae (spirit)
Hard Deconfirmation
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (assist trophy)
  • ...Isaac from Golden Sun (assist trophy)
  • Rex/Pyra (too late in development and Mii Costume)
  • Springman (assist trophy)
And Bandana Dee... well, he's in an odd spot. I noticed a normal Waddle Dee spirit in the showcase. That doesn't exactly mean bad things for Bandana Dee... unless that's all Sakurai sees him as. He is no doubt in a good spot for DLC, but if Sakurai sees him the same way that people who see him as a common mook do... well, we're in trouble.

On the plus side, a lot of competition was weeded out. 5 DLC characters aren't a lot, and Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, and Bandana Dee are all on my mind for the best chance IMO. Elma's chances also boosted a bit with Rex out of the way...

And then there's Piranha Plant. Does... that feel like a slap in the face to anyone?
Skull kid is an assist trophy.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I kinda didn't expect our boi to be revealed tbh...BUT I didn't think we'd be outdone by an actual generic enemy. It's totally fine that that happened, but not even a specific piranha plant? Just...piranha plant. Honestly, I'm actually really excited to play as it, but what does this mean for the dlc fighters? Cuz pretty everybody in that..."leak" except banjo, Mach and chorus have been shown as assists (besides Ken, of course).

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
It's funny...
You guys know how Kirby was the only one to survive the beginning of World of Light?
We are basically him at the moment.
Isaac, Shadow, Geno, Shantae, Chorus kids, Karate Joe, Black Knight, Rex, Springman and many others have all been deconfirmed....
BUT BANDANA DEE IS SOMEHOW STILL IN THIS ****!
This feels surreal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bandana Waddle Dee isn't in the game but at least the "goomba with a hat" argument is officially dead now. Thanks piranha plant....I guess?

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh hey! It seems Bandana Waddle Dee survived the ATpocalypse xD

(What the heck? This message was supposed to appear like a while ago... Eh whatever)

_____

Bandana Waddle Dee isn't in the game but at least the "goomba with a hat" argument is officially dead now. Thanks piranha plant....I guess?
Petey is our new best friend guys!

Right?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Petey is our new best friend guys!

Right?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I would just like to say that I don't think spirits will deconfirm anyone. Trophies didn't back in 4, so their spiritual successor shouldn't either. This is both a blessing and a curse. For good news, it wouldn't mean if that spirit could evolve into bandana it wouldn't be bad for him. But it also mean there is still potential competition.

Still he is in a really good spot for DLC. And I glad he survived from AT status.

Top Bottom