• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I keep imagining the 10 Spears attack having BD jump in the background too. Maybe for a normal Triple Spear Throw, BD stays on the stage and you can interrupt his charge, but the 5/7/10 Spears would have him jump into the background and throw them into the foreground. But before we get Dededetour Returns, we need to get Dededetour Ultra! It's the naming theme, you see. Also, BD didn't have a problem siding against Dedede in Battle Royale, though I suppose that was a choice between Kirby and Dedede, while this would be BD forced to fight for evil and Dedede's still not exactly a villain, so it still works. And I did explicitly state that from Phase 2 onwards, Bandana Dee would be impossible to inhale.
I ddefinitely agree with the spear attack. You're also right about Dededetour Ultra, though working it in might be weird due the game not being SSU. :laugh:
Also, my apologies, you did say inhaling him wouldn't work after phase 2. My bad, I suppose the idea of Kirby inhaling his friend at all leaves me feeling a bit off...

:bluejump:
I mean inherently, of course. It's one thing for friends to fight in a "safe" setting, like a challenge or mini-game, but its another for them to go out of their way to start things during the main game.

Not to mention, Smash isn't exactly canon to every series featured. :b You aren't usually going to see the likes of Mario going toe-to-toe with Luigi or Peach, or Villager/Isabelle fighting anyone, and most Pokémon would never attack humans unless trained to. That's just the nature of Smash: You can make anyone fight anyone for any reason you want, regardless of how much sense it makes in canon.
That's true, Smash isn't canon, though I will give it this, it tries its hardest to keep characters, well, in character. Maybe Bandana Dee could have unique victory results for Kirby and Dedede?

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
Even though my most wanted Kirby character got deconfirmed, I'll go with the 2nd most wanted Kirby character in that case, which is Bandana Dee.
Hopefully it's not too late for me to join the club at least until he gets confirmed...Possibly?

Also I support this thread as well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Even though my most wanted Kirby character got deconfirmed, I'll go with the 2nd most wanted Kirby character in that case, which is Bandana Dee.
Hopefully it's not too late for me to join the club at least until he gets confirmed...Possibly?

Also I support this thread as well.
It’s never too late Mr. J, no need to fear! ;)

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
Theories going around we could be getting a new direct/ character reveal soon let’s all keep our hopes up it’s the bandana boi!

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The guy who made the Agnes fake leak has been editing some characters into the mural for fun. One of the characters he ended up adding was the boy himself.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Oh man, I love that fanmade Smash5 poster. Needs more Celica, Impa, and Geno, but otherwise it's cool.

Hmm... is it Kirby Lore Theory Time?

I recently saw a theory about how Void Termina's stages of evolution in his final boss fight seem to imply that Kirby, Meta Knight, Gooey, Dark Matter's various forms, and Void Termina himself are all the same species, just at different stages of their life cycle.

Implying that Kirby is some kind of baby eldritch abomination that will grow up into a super-powerful Dark Matter and then finally a nigh-limitless powerful Void Termina-esque-thing.

I like to think that his friendship with Bandana Dee will keep him on the straight-and-narrow even when those awkward potentially-evil-inducing growing pains start kicking in.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Who said Dark Matter would be the one doing the possessing? It could easily be a Jamba Heart, or something completely different.
Wait a sec, when you're fighting Termina Soul or Morpho Knight, can't Gooey be possessed just as any other character?

Theories going around we could be getting a new direct/ character reveal soon let’s all keep our hopes up it’s the bandana boi!
Ah yes, I heard from some friends of mine the other day that character videos shows 70 instead of 68 somewhere... one is likely to be incineroar though...

There was a problem fetching the tweet
The guy who made the Agnes fake leak has been editing some characters into the mural for fun. One of the characters he ended up adding was the boy himself.
I like it. Especially with Bandana Dee being at his highness' side, ready to defend him from the oncoming Pokémon.

Oh man, I love that fanmade Smash5 poster. Needs more Celica, Impa, and Geno, but otherwise it's cool.

Hmm... is it Kirby Lore Theory Time?

I recently saw a theory about how Void Termina's stages of evolution in his final boss fight seem to imply that Kirby, Meta Knight, Gooey, Dark Matter's various forms, and Void Termina himself are all the same species, just at different stages of their life cycle.

Implying that Kirby is some kind of baby eldritch abomination that will grow up into a super-powerful Dark Matter and then finally a nigh-limitless powerful Void Termina-esque-thing.

I like to think that his friendship with Bandana Dee will keep him on the straight-and-narrow even when those awkward potentially-evil-inducing growing pains start kicking in.
I've seen this theory before. What's really creepy is that the anime had something similar to this with Kirby and the star warriors potentially being created by Nightmare. I guess the games do borrow some concepts from the anime.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Due to the updated youtube smash bros playlist and the 'new' tag for fighters from the website, I think we might get news around next week whether it's a smash direct or a newcomer trailer like Robin and Lucina. Hopefully it will be Bandana Dee, but at the same time I don't want him to be the 69th fighter:(. We'll just see when the time comes.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
If we do end up getting a newcomer soon, I'm expecting it to be Skull Kid (I have a weird hunch?). But I'm rooting for our little boy regardless. Truthfully, whoever it is, is going to have to live with the burden of being #69, so that (very immature) thought has gotten me excited regardless and I hate it lmao.

D

Deleted member

Is there something about the 69 number character or something. I've noticed people joking about. Probably just missing something.

Bandana Dee I still believe in as usual. Let's see what happens still hope he gets in.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Is there something about the 69 number character or something. I've noticed people joking about. Probably just missing something.

Bandana Dee I still believe in as usual. Let's see what happens still hope he gets in.
It's basically a meme number, I think it's best if you don't know what it means. I honestly wish I didn't.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, man. I am, like, SO conflicted about all of this right now. Like, I want B.W.D. to be in Ultimate already, but what if he's character #69?:c

The poor little guy would have to live with that for the rest of Smash's continued existence, unless they drop the character numbering thing.:crying:

At the same time, I'm not sure how much longer I can go without him being in the game...:sadeyes:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I don't think that being character number 69 is that big a deal. I think most people would be mature about it, I mean, Bandana Dee is one of the least likely characters to do anything remotely related to what 69 implies. For example, Bellsprout is #69 in the pokédex, and I never really see anyone make a big deal about Bellsprout jokes.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If we do end up getting a newcomer soon, I'm expecting it to be Skull Kid (I have a weird hunch?). But I'm rooting for our little boy regardless. Truthfully, whoever it is, is going to have to live with the burden of being #69, so that (very immature) thought has gotten me excited regardless and I hate it lmao.
I hope your hunch is right, but I still hope for Bandana Dee

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
So we've devolved as a species to the point where we don't want our most wanted fighters to be added on the sole basis of them being #69. I would expect the majority of people to be above the age of 10, but then again there are people who like Minions that are above the age of 10 so I think we're just failing as a species.

If Bandana Dee gets in at #69, I will be happy because Bandana Dee got in. I won't think "oh no he's #69!", because that's just dumb. I know what it means but why do people think a number is funny?

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
So we've devolved as a species to the point where we don't want our most wanted fighters to be added on the sole basis of them being #69. I would expect the majority of people to be above the age of 10, but then again there are people who like Minions that are above the age of 10 so I think we're just failing as a species.

If Bandana Dee gets in at #69, I will be happy because Bandana Dee got in. I won't think "oh no he's #69!", because that's just dumb. I know what it means but why do people think a number is funny?
Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if Bandana Dee got in regardless of which number he gets. I've just been hearing about it a lot on twitter lately on those who don't want their requested character to be that number, which doesn't affect the game at all. I just thought what it would be like if he was in that position. Yes, it's an immature meme brought up a lot and I don't like it either, but I think if he was #69 then he will be saved from all of those jokes because he's a pure boy from a pure series (unless you follow the lore...) and wouldn't be made fun of. Apologies for bringing it up, I just wanted to hear what others thought about this matter.

D

Deleted member

Yup found out what it means. Eh dosen't book me much internet just being the Internet let them have their fun. Won't bug me.

Whoever the 69 character is everyone who wanted that character will be happy they got in.

Don't think it'll bother people but who knows.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I mean... I'd much rather a tame, completely non-sexy character like Bandana Dee was assigned the number 69 than something that obviously has tons of uncomfortable adult pictures drawn of it... like Incineroar or Impa or Chun Li or something...

Also, it would mean Bandana Dee is in Smash, which would be a win no matter what.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Small random thought.

I wonder if all of Bandy’s (yeah, my new nickname for him) normal attacks will be his spear or have a few kicks like Kirby or Dedede (Brawl).

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice

I actively want Bandy to get in at 69, that would be amazing for me. It's going to get memed to death and I am perfectly okay with this. 69 is such a stupid, pathetic and immature thing to laugh at that it makes me laugh more at the odds, not at the actual joke.

I wish I was ten again, though. Then I could be free of responsibility again.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I just want Bandana Dee to be next as I could then say with full pride:

“DADDY SAKURAI GAVE US THE D(EE).”

Yes, I AM a 12 year old at heart. And I semi-regret saying what I just said.

Sadly if he is next there are certain places of the internet I must avoid at all costs. I fear that.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't post here as often as I'd like, but I keep on following still!

Now I wanted to pop in to mention about a dream I had last night, it was Smash-related (a first for me) and had Bandana Dee revealed as a newcomer. I've never really considered Bandana Dee as one of my personal top picks for Smash to be completely honest - I more feel like he's an inevitable inclusion at this point and will make it anyway. But this dream was definitely a sign (lol) to add on to that: the Dee is somewhere in my subconscious and I'm certain he'll make it this time haha!

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Still have strong support for this character.

I love the Kirby franchise, I loved Return to Dreamland, and I'm a Meta Knight and Kirby main.

Bandana Dee is also Sakurai's character.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Let´s hope the Dee gets announced in the next direct/trailer.. Hope the rumors about smash news coming this month are true because I cannot waitttttt

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
I saw "Smash" and "bandana" here and almost had a panic attack. :laugh:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
What would make a great alt is if BD actually wore that in Smash. It would be some shameless promotion for sure but so satisfying anyway.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
It's strange to think we're exactly two months away from Ultimate's release, which means development is most likely finishing up in less than one or two weeks. There might be some characters that didn't make the cut due to time constraints, last minute echo fighters may or may not be in development right now or just being completed. Once that's all over and done with, we can only wait.

I'll remain believing Dee's still got a good shot of making it into the base game. But if he isn't in, I remain a believer that he's got an even better shot as DLC. Which is most definitely happening considering Sakurai said he'd support the series as long as there is fan demand (take a break please you madman ;-; ).

I saw "Smash" and "bandana" here and almost had a panic attack. :laugh:
God damnit I know it means absolutely nothing but do I want to believe.

What would make a great alt is if BD actually wore that in Smash. It would be some shameless promotion for sure but so satisfying anyway.
I didn't know I need that this badly.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont think I like the name bandy, but it's kinda funny when people refer to him as the D.
(BD kinda makes sense)
Spear for days yo. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom