• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Find one of the hat goomba posts in the sub. I'm sure you'll find one if you dig around. The point is I can point figures and screech tin foil hat conspiracies about how everyone who I disagree with is one dude.
Strange how you can't provide links and examples even though I had no issue doing so. There's a distinct difference between being paranoid and noticing a number of very specific, very suspicious similarities between two fairly unique characters. You would have a point if my claims were unfounded, but they aren't - so I'm asking you to prove that yours aren't either.

The creator has admitted that the entire ballot's results are wrong or questionable. To the point where he considers it cancel worthy. If the mods found something wrong with their poll, they would've done something about it.
Again, just like the banned Bandana Dee troll, you completely ignore all evidence and arguments and just regurgitate your claims. To quote myself (again):
That is literally the comment in which he announced that those results were voided. He's not talking about any results that were used, he's talking about the poll that was redone on a more secure website because someone streamed themselves botting for Bandana Dee. He very specifically created a new and secure website to specifically make sure that his results are trustworthy. You can't discredit secured poll results on the basis that unsecured poll results were thrown out. If anything, the fact that they were recognized as untrustworthy is evidence of competence and vigilance.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Strange how you can't provide links and examples even though I had no issue doing so
The point is you're looking for a boogeyman. Sounds like you explode at everyone, you said 10+ people?, that admits the poll is probably fake. I mean come on man that's just creepy obsessive.

Again, just like the banned Bandana Dee troll, you completely ignore all evidence and arguments and just regurgitate your claims.:
Okay and now you're just derailing into more obsessive crazyness.

Look I'll be blunt. There aren't many of you Lloyd fans, so this weird obsession over a fake, non-Representative poll is only gonna make your fanbase look bad. It's not gonna help anything.

I know it's upsetting that you finally got a "win" only for it to not be real, but you gotta chill. The top 10 is decided. That's never gonna change. Let. It. Go.

This conversation is done. I've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the poll isn't real. There's nothing left to say so the faster we stop this the faster you get through the 5 stages of grief. I hope you recover soon.

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
The point is you're looking for a boogeyman. Sounds like you explode at everyone, you said 10+ people?, that admits the poll is probably fake. I mean come on man that's just creepy obsessive.

Okay and now you're just derailing into more obsessive crazyness.

Look I'll be blunt. There aren't many of you Lloyd fans, so this weird obsession over a fake, non-Representative poll is only gonna make your fanbase look bad. It's not gonna help anything.

I know it's upsetting that you finally got a "win" only for it to not be real, but you gotta chill. The top 10 is decided. That's never gonna change.

Let. It. Go.

This conversation is done. I've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the poll isn't real. There's nothing left to say so the faster we stop this the faster you get through the 5 stages of grief.

I hope you recover soon.
Christ, this is pointless. I think our comment chain makes it clear enough to everyone that you're trolling, and your own behavior - the very behavior I predicted - reinforces that fact, given that you continue to refuse to cite any sources. I see no reason to continue this conversation. No clue whether SmashBoards has any anti-trolling rules, but if they do, hopefully you'll get banned here as well.

Last edited:

SmashUltimateTourny

Smash Rookie
Both of you have valid points. It's all about what you think though. If you want to believe the poll is fake then that is your opinion. I don't deny that anything could've been botted as I've stated that to the public. This isn't really the type of poll that is built on 100% accuracy as the brackets are seeded randomly anyways. At the end of the day it's all about pairing up specific fighters and seeing what happens between them. It's all about having fun. When I first started it I didn't understand how easy it was to bot online polls. If I saw that coming I would've taken the measures that I have taken recently to make sure I deliver a secure experience.

I debated on cancelling it but I do plan on doing a DLC edition to make up for how this one turned out. It'll be held a little bit before the game comes out while taking all of the recommendations and knowledge from last time into effect. I don't want to abruptly end the poll when the community has tons of fun with it and would be disappointed if it ended. It's also a very good time to put our personal site out there in the field to see how it performs. So far the tests have proved very good as nothing bad has happened. All I can say is that if you would like to see a clean version of this then check out the DLC edition later this year. I have learned a lot and have the information and knowledge to deliver a good experience next time from start to finish. If you don't agree with this current poll then just keep on ignoring it. Don't worry, I'm not going to pass off the final results as a 100% accurate experience. When the next one comes out this current poll will be obsolete. I just weighed the benefits and negatives and decided it was better to continue it to better prepare myself for the future. I apologize if I'm coming off in a different way by continuing the poll.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Both of you have valid points. It's all about what you think though. If you want to believe the poll is fake then that is your opinion. I don't deny that anything could've been botted as I've stated that to the public. This isn't really the type of poll that is built on 100% accuracy as the brackets are seeded randomly anyways. At the end of the day it's all about pairing up specific fighters and seeing what happens between them. It's all about having fun. When I first started it I didn't understand how easy it was to bot online polls. If I saw that coming I would've taken the measures that I have taken recently to make sure I deliver a secure experience.

I debated on cancelling it but I do plan on doing a DLC edition to make up for how this one turned out. It'll be held a little bit before the game comes out while taking all of the recommendations and knowledge from last time into effect. I don't want to abruptly end the poll when the community has tons of fun with it and would be disappointed if it ended. It's also a very good time to put our personal site out there in the field to see how it performs. So far the tests have proved very good as nothing bad has happened yet. All I can say is that if you would like to see a clean version of this then check out the DLC edition later this year. I have learned a lot and have the information and knowledge to deliver a good experience this time from start to finish. If you don't agree with this current poll then just keep on ignoring it. Don't worry, I'm not going to pass off the final results as a 100% accurate experience.
THAAAAAAAANK YOU.

Christ, this is pointless. I think our comment chain makes it clear enough to everyone that you're trolling, and your own behavior - the very behavior I predicted - reinforces that fact, given that you continue to refuse to cite any sources. I see no reason to continue this conversation. No clue whether SmashBoards has any anti-trolling rules, but if they do, hopefully you'll get banned here as well.
So, my friend, now that the creator himself is saying that the current poll is muddled and inaccurate, are you gonna mellow out and apologize for attacking me with nonsensical insults and toxicity?

SmashUltimateTourny

Smash Rookie
THAAAAAAAANK YOU.

So, my friend, now that the creator himself is saying that the current poll is muddled and inaccurate, are you gonna mellow out and apologize for attacking me with nonsensical insults and toxicity?
Both of you guys have different opinions and at the end of the day we won't ever know what was botted and what wasn't. You can go both ways. There's really no point to argue over this. All I can say is that I never subtracted results and applied it to a poll. Both times it happened I decided to do a recount on a better site after thinking more about the possibilities of how easy it was to bot. I did what was best for everyone involved like anybody else should.

What I can say though is that the future of this current poll is accurate. Maybe not in terms of who should be there and who shouldn't but in terms of raw match ups it is accurate.

Last edited:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
On a good note, the music theory seems to be dead. They posted Pokemon music today and according to music theory that would mean no Pokemon rep/Incineroar. But I highly doubt that will happen as a lot of signs point to a Incineroar or at least Pokemon getting another rep this game. So hooray Bandana Dee has nothing to worry about!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Both of you guys have different opinions and at the end of the day we won't ever know what was botted and what wasn't. You can go both ways. There's really no point to argue over this. All I can say is that I never subtracted results and applied it to a poll. Both times it happened I decided to do a recount on a better site after thinking more about the possibilities of how easy it was to bot. I did what was best for everyone involved like anybody else should.

What I can say though is that the future of this current poll is accurate. Maybe not in terms of who should be there and who shouldn't but in terms of raw match ups it is accurate.
Basically everything that should of been said.

There are both valid points to be had but arguing about this does nothing for anyone. I would advise for the two parties to agree to disagree and allow the thread to return to more appropriate topics of discussion.

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
So, what would bandana dee's theme be? I'm trying to think, and nothing really stands out to me that really screams "bandana dee".

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Is there any word on if there are more Dream Friends DLC packs coming? I feel like if we have some Star Allies content to look forward to, that might also be a good opportunity for a surprise Deebut in Smash for Bandana Dee.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
So, what would bandana dee's theme be? I'm trying to think, and nothing really stands out to me that really screams "bandana dee".
There's really only one option if you ask me.

Which has the same melody as:
This song is sung by the Bandana boy himself after all. It's pretty much his character song at this point.

EDIT: To prevent double posting, I'll just edit this post.
Is there any word on if there are more Dream Friends DLC packs coming? I feel like if we have some Star Allies content to look forward to, that might also be a good opportunity for a surprise Deebut in Smash for Bandana Dee.
There hasn't been any official word, but there has been a Datamine revealing who the Dream Friends in wave 3 are going to be.
Magolor, Taranza, Susie, and the Jambastion Mages.

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
As a long-time fan, I am kinda surprised to find out that Bandana Waddle Dee not only has a voice actress, but an image song about drinking Apple Juice and becoming stronger...

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
There's really only one option if you ask me.

Which has the same melody as:
This song is sung by the Bandana boy himself after all. It's pretty much his character song at this point.
Huh, I missed out on that game, so I never heard that soundtrack. I think you're right, though. That song does seem to fit Bandan to a T!

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Man, I really love the Apple Juice song, but its so hard for me to imagine our boy with such a feminine voice. I guess Kirby has a similar voice, but I grew up listing to that. If the singer comes back to voice him in Smash I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Man, I really love the Apple Juice song, but its so hard for me to imagine our boy with such a feminine voice. I guess Kirby has a similar voice, but I grew up listing to that. If the singer comes back to voice him in Smash I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
I mean we could still get the Inkling-esque voice which Waddle Dees have during gameplay in Battle Royale.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
*chuckles* Listening to the lyrics of the Apple Juice song is adorable, but Bandana Dee sounds a little addicted to the performance-enhancing drug that is The Juice.

"Talk to your Bandana kids about the effects of Apple Juice before a penguin does."

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
*chuckles* Listening to the lyrics of the Apple Juice song is adorable, but Bandana Dee sounds a little addicted to the performance-enhancing drug that is The Juice.

"Talk to your Bandana kids about the effects of Apple Juice before a penguin does."
your brain.png

I should probably do my homework now.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
My moveset for Bandana Dee
I did my research so i hope it pays off

Bandana Dee

Entrance : Bandana Dee spear copter his way down

Neutral Attack : Spear Poke
Edge Attack : Power Whip and power whip hold and Bandana Dee swings in and does a sex kick

Neutral Special : Spear Throw
Side Special : Parasol flips inside and if you hold side b button it charges which shoots a water bubble like in Kirby Battle Royale
Up Special : Spear Copter
Down Special : Megaton Punch

Dash Attack : Spear hits the opponent while dashing

Grab : Reaches out
Pummel : Quick Head butt

Up Smash : Waddle Dee Parasol (Works similar to Peach’s parasol)
Down Smash : Sticks his spear on the ground and does a pole dance
Forward Smash : Thrust the spear forwards

Up Tilt : Spear Slash
Down Tilt : Spear pokes downwards
Side Tilt : Short Poke with Spear

Down Throw : Spears the opponent downwards
Up Throw : Throws the opponent upwards and uses the spear as a pike
Back Throw : Bandana Dee shuffles the opponent and spears them forward
Forward Throw : Bandana Dee shuffles the opponent and spears them backward

Neutral Aerial : He spins in a circle upwards with his spear hitting opponent
Forward Aerial : Spear is swept forwards
Back Aerial : Kicks back
Down Aerial : Spear Dive
Up Aerial : Pushes it’s spear upwards, similar to Marth’s up special

Final Smash : Waddle Dee Tank (Waddle Dee knocks player in an arena then hops in the Waddle Dee Tank shooting rockets at opponents)

Up Taunt : Adjusts his bandana
Side Taunt : Waves forward
Down Taunt : Does a cheering pose like in Dedede’s cage fight

Victory 1 : Lands using Spear Copter
Victory 2 : Does Kirby dance from Kirby’s Return to Dream Land
Victory 3 : Sleeps then wakes up when his name is heard

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Megaton punch as a cutscene FS: He brings them to popstar, punches them in the chest, the force goes through them and cracks the planet.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Are you trying to diss Bandana Dee fans ?
Oh yeah, those terrible awful no-good Bandana Dee fans that I called the kindest, nicest, and bestest. I'll bet those scum do things like help old ladies across the street... and then give them APPLE JUICE!

Also quick questions how would u react if he got in smash ?
I would drink Apple Juice while listening to Bandana Dee sing about his crippling Juice Dependency.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, those terrible awful no-good Bandana Dee fans that I called the kindest, nicest, and bestest. I'll bet those scum do things like help old ladies across the street... and then give them APPLE JUICE!

I would drink Apple Juice while listening to Bandana Dee sing about his crippling Juice Dependency.
what does BAndana Dee have to do with juice ?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I hope he can get a spot in Smash with his friends: Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight and seeing the Return to Dreamland team together once again would be awesome, he has my support. :)

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
I really hate bringing bad news to the sweetest community, but http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._character_reveals_will_slow_down_from_now_on
Looks like that the character reveals are gonna slow down from now on.. Hopefully Bandana Dee is one of the few characters to make it in
In 3 directs, they revealed 4 newcomers, 1 semi-clone, and 4 echoes. That's a lot, an average of 3 fighters a Direct. The Smash direct is probably where that "we're revealing too many characters" thought came in, because there were 2 unique fighters and 3 echoes in there. We can expect a newcomer or semi-clone every direct that features a Smash character, and at a Direct every month or so, we still have 2 (maybe even 3) newcomers (assuming every direct has Smash and Isabelle is the only semi-clone) and probably another echo or two. The newcomers will likely be highly requested characters: At this point I think Geno is almost a guarantee (though I can't be sure) due to Sakurai wanting to add him to Brawl and being a Mii costume in SSB4, so I think either Bandana Dee or Decidueye/Incineroar will make it in after Geno, and other highly requested characters like Shantae, Banjo, Isaac, Skull Kid, etc. will easily make it in as DLC. And Bandana Dee is guaranteed for DeeLC if he's not in the base game.

That's my prediction, anyways. I could be totally wrong. We could get Minecraft Steve as a newcomer, for all I know.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
My biggest concern with DLC is he will have some tough competition. If the last two are incineroar and geno, then his DLC competition will be characters like: Isaac, skull kid, Rayman, banjo, Shantae. Plus any other third party characters/ random out of no where characters. PLUS any new characters that were introduced post 2016. Rex/pyra, springman etc... I’m hoping for the base game bc DLC could be really rough!

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
I really hate bringing bad news to the sweetest community, but http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._character_reveals_will_slow_down_from_now_on
Looks like that the character reveals are gonna slow down from now on.. Hopefully Bandana Dee is one of the few characters to make it in
Read the actual translation, and you'll see that there's some nuance to be considered:

… However, it’d be incorrect to say that we’re going to keep releasing information on new fighters until the game’s release. Up until now we’ve been revealing characters one after another a bit too quickly, so we’re going to show some restraint from this point on!
[Source.]

That sounds less like we don't have many newcomers left, and more like they won't be announcing a whole bunch at once anymore. Less August Direct, more Isabelle Direct.

Last edited:

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
In 3 directs, they revealed 4 newcomers, 1 semi-clone, and 4 echoes. That's a lot, an average of 3 fighters a Direct. The Smash direct is probably where that "we're revealing too many characters" thought came in, because there were 2 unique fighters and 3 echoes in there.
Yeah, while I think we don't have too many more unique fighters left to be revealed, that comment was probably more in relation to how condensed things have been. If the last Direct had aired when it was originally intended to, we would have had six characters revealed in the span of about 30 days.
I think reveals are just going to be more evenly spread out from now until the last couple of weeks before launch. I'm sure Sakurai still has at least one or two surprises left to reveal that have gone unleaked.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
To quote Raxxel Raxxel , as they seem to share the same thoughts I've got on the situation right now:

I'm waiting for SourceGaming to be up so I can properly grab the column, but apparently Isabelle's reveal was part of the slowdown. In that he meant that 5 newcomers was a bit much, not 1 newcomer a month. So, we may still see a reveal this month.

SwitchButton

I'm surprised that people are making a fuss over the "slow down on newcomers" thing.

We're about 2 months from launch I think? Has any smash game ever had a large number of newcomers left to reveal at this point? Maybe I'm wrong I legit don't know

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Since the Source Gaming website is offline or something, this site has their translation for now.

"…That said, if you were thinking that we’d just be dropping a bunch of newcomer trailers all the way up until release, you’d be sorely mistaken. We may have gone a little bit overboard up until now, so we’re going to slow our pace from here on out."

I'm still worried regarding Sakurai's statement on "revealing the design of every fighter before release". When combined with this, it does seem like there is very little left to be announced. Starting from E3, in about 3.5 months, counting echo fighters, we've gotten (including echoes) 8 fighters. Which translates to about 2.3 per month on average. (Not really counting the Inklings myself as it was moreso part of the smash announcement.)

...That being said. He specified newcomer trailers, which isn't the same as fighter designs. As an example, Mewtwo's design was revealed before smash Wii U's launch (although after 3DS). I suppose this is a possibility to keep in mind. With development wrapping up within the next 2 or 3 weeks, there's a decent chance there are one or two fighters who didn't make the cut due to time constraints. I can imagine them being revealed like Mewtwo was in the 50-fact extravaganza. And while DLC isn't a guarantee... I'd be surprised if they didn't do it. It'd sell like hotcakes, after all. Especially since the switch has been such a success. Whether it's going to be standard DLC, only a Season Pass, or free updates like Splatoon, (or nothing,) only time may tell.

Of course, it's just a possibility. But I'd like to keep myself cautiously optimistic, so I like to entertain the idea.

Top Bottom