• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

I agree. Although Magolor and Prince Fluff easily triumph my wishlist in Kirby characters that aren't Dee.
I also wouldn't mind a Dark Meta Knight as a Meta Knight echo since Galacta and Morpho are, the way I see it, out of the running.
Maybe Gooey as a Kirby echo if they can work around his lack of feet? He's atleast had arms in DL3 from what I've seen. (Then again the amount of copy abilities may prove too much work for Gooey to be a worthwhile addition as an echo, which I fear.)/QUOTE]

Considering the fact that Gooey's, well, gooey, I'd imagine he can easily substitute limbs with his stretchy body. I'm more curious as to what he'd do for a hammer, since that ability isn't in Dream Land 3.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Considering the fact that Gooey's, well, gooey, I'd imagine he can easily substitute limbs with his stretchy body. I'm more curious as to what he'd do for a hammer, since that ability isn't in Dream Land 3.
That reminds me of a twitter post I saw recently.

I do like the ideas presented in here.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
New image leak from 4chan..

I can already tell you that it's fake though. There's no way that art is official..

Last edited:

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Just dropping by to show my support for this little guy. I played through Return to Dreamland with my younger brother. He was Kirby and I was Bandanna Dee, and I had so much fun playing as him! It'd be awesome to see him in! He can do it!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

I can already tell you that it's fake though. There's no way that art is official..
Yeah. The shape of Dee's face looks off (it's not wide enough, for lack of better words) and it looks like he's carrying his spear with his armpits instead of his hand.
I still want to believe though.
I always want to believe.

Midnight Torch

Smash Cadet
Has anyone shared this article yet, it goes over Bandana Dee’s fanbase and over chances and importance in Smash and the reasons for his inclusion, all from a highly unbiased source, I recommend everyone here checks it out: http://www.dorkly.com/post/87079/smash-bros-ultimate-waddle-dee-fan-theory
That does seem to give a lot of evidence for Bandana Dee to be in Smash.

If we're gonna get Kirby rep, I'd love it to be Bandana Dee. He's one of my favorites of the franchise and it would be hilarious if Kirby got a lance rep before Fire Emblem.

Count me in on the support!

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet

This would be such a good leak if I wasn’t pretty sure that mimikyu picture wasn’t from the the August direct.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
>''Jamaharoa. The holidays are over and I'm starting today, Fran... What is this! ***** Kawasaki's Featured? Kirby Café appearance Memorial!? If you're already in rouge, you've just contacted me. Please look forward to his ultimate menu.''
>ultimate menu
>ultimate
>Dee appears in two of the images

It keeps on happening.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
>''Jamaharoa. The holidays are over and I'm starting today, Fran... What is this! ***** Kawasaki's Featured? Kirby Café appearance Memorial!? If you're already in rouge, you've just contacted me. Please look forward to his ultimate menu.''
>ultimate menu
>ultimate

It keeps on happening.
And only Dee at least from the Kirby squad, I'm noticing a pattern here.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
>ultimate menu
>ultimate

It keeps on happening.
I swear it better be H A P P E N I N G

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
>ultimate menu
>ultimate

It keeps on happening.
At first glance I thought it read "What is this *****?!" and I started laughing

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think the dislike bar speaks for itself on the video, it's got way more dislikes than their video normally does.

Goes to show how many supporters there are out there.
One thing I noticed is that despite how many supporters there were at the time, most of the Bandana Dee hate started with this video. Before it was like "Hat Goomba? What kind of excuse for a counterargument is that?" from and now everyone's saying "Bandana Dee's a Hat Goomba!" (or "No he's not!" from his fans).
I kinda feel that the video was the source and then the sentiment against him just spread throughout the Smash fanbase.

>ultimate menu
>ultimate

It keeps on happening.
They know. They can't not know. They could have just used Parasol Dee. But they used Bandana. For Both... Please don't be trolling us, HAL...

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
It's Happening(tm)
If they do announce the direct it better not be Wednesday I got a 12 hour shift and I'll probably miss it

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Something's been on my mind... while I'm not putting much stock into Vergeben's leaks (wonder what that guy's been up to recently...), I won't deny his guesswork on Ridley, Simon, and all vets returning. That said, he never mentioned characters like King K. Rool, thus it's giving me some hope that B.D. still has a chance for Smash.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
>ultimate menu
>ultimate

It keeps on happening.
I was going to say Smash Ultimate is Smash Special in Japan, but the translation has both words lol.

... Jama Haroa.
A vacation has also ended From today Today, I am worrying about you, Frank · Kiss ... this!
Koku Kawasaki Special Feature? Kirby cafe appearance commemoration! What?
I already have Rouge says that he just told me that I will not tell him.
Everyone, please expect from his ultimate menu.
# Kirby Star Allies of the Star

This obviously means nothing, but it's still funny.
Also, those Bandana Dee pics look cool.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
>ultimate menu
>ultimate

It keeps on happening.
Yoooooooooo!! Damn.. If Bandana Dee does not make it to the roster that would prove that HAL are really really mean with all these teases..

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Chandeelure Chandeelure Fixed your pix, you can convert the error images back into the old ones with URL manipulation (as long as the URL still exists).
Moveset 2: https://img00.deviantart.net/cea8/i...ee_moveset_by_definitelynotsascha-dcd1sff.png
Colours: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrfFRqKIgAA7CKO.png
http://i.imgur.com/gyAMtoF.png
http://i.imgur.com/NQ7RwaR.png
Thanks, buddy!

I will edit the OP when I finish my classes.
Doing it with a cellphone is too weird lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>ultimate menu
>ultimate

It keeps on happening.
Whatever the case, that menu looks appetizing as always.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...any_delights_available_from_japans_kirby_cafe

The one with the blanket is adorable tho.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Bros it only gets more exciting, this is looking really good for us. But I shall still remain cautiously optimistic.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Greetings from the shantae thread. I found this and posted it there, but thought I should share it here too :)

While I myself don't get Waddle Dee's huge popularity, I won't be upset if he gets in. Any new fighter is a great choice(except Goku and shriek :p )

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Guys.

Got a new theory here, and it's a good one. So I was listening to some Smash 4 music today, and I think I found something hinting to the Dee in the lyrics of a song! Listen hard at the 38 second mark:

Do you hear it?

"Ban-dan-na Deeee-yah..."

This is it guys. The theory's foolproof. He's as good as in!

/heavy sarcasm

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Why do people forget he was playable in Super Star on the SNES in the Megaton Punch minigame
He wasn't playable, he was just the weakest boss in that minigame, in which he had a punch a bit over 250,000 times more powerful than a heavyweight boxer.
Now that we're bringing it up, I REALLY wonder why HAL hasn't added Megaton Punch to Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset when he's playable in games like Returns to Dream Land or even Star Allies. He may have been the weakest participant in the Megaton Punch competition, but it still doesn't exactly change the fact that he managed to make a noticeable crack into Planet Popstar's surface. Heck, I like to think that he trained over the years to use the move, but he doesn't it unless as a last resort.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Fellas I have extremely important news.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

There is a god damn Bandana Dee apple pie.

EDIT: I’m getting the impressiom this is a figurine set but I can’t say for sure BUT STILL KEEPING THE APPLE THEME I LOVE IT.

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I want the Dee in smash. He may not be my number one choice, but he’s up there. He’s probably the most deserving Kirby character to get in at this point.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Fellas I have extremely important news.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

There is a god damn Bandana Dee apple pie.

EDIT: I’m getting the impressiom this is a figurine set but I can’t say for sure BUT STILL KEEPING THE APPLE THEME I LOVE IT.
I can hear them the screams of thousands screaming these words in agony, "I'll buy ten!"

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The fact that I'm not on the supporter list is pure BS! Bandana Dee behind Dixie is the character I want the MOST that I think has a reasonable enough shot!

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration

If Bandana Dee IS the Cafe Dee, that means you can go have tea with Bandana Dee RIGHT NOW.

Try not to be too jealous of japanese people.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

If Bandana Dee IS the Cafe Dee, that means you can go have tea with Bandana Dee RIGHT NOW.

Try not to be too jealous of japanese people.
i dont have time to be jealous of japanese people im to busy im to busying being jealous of the awesome powers of fictional characters

nice looking cafe

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! There's a rumor that the delayed direct will be on the 13th. Whether or not its true is questionable, but the people who made the rumor, Nintendo Life, successfully predicted previous directs, so I believe they can be trusted. GET HYPED!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom